Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 12:15:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bounty for Bitcoin Animated Movie [won]  (Read 88201 times)
S3052
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 24, 2010, 10:57:54 AM

I agree.

Perhaps we should also discuss about the purpose of using the bounty for again.

What has the best rate of return for the bitcoin idea?
* a nice, expensive video
* or something else that has more impact?

You probably get my bias ..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5180
Merit: 12873

View Profile
November 24, 2010, 01:12:20 PM

The bounty should just be returned to the donators. They can individually distribute it when a suitable video is created.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
ribuck
Donator

Activity: 826
Merit: 1039

View Profile
November 24, 2010, 03:36:12 PM

Just to show that I am working on my idea of a bitcoin animated movie, and to try out Hippch's download site, here are two fragments that I have created:

http://ubitio.us/file/download/12
01-title.mp4 - First fragment of animated bitcoin movie (no sound yet)
Opening Title

http://ubitio.us/file/download/13
02-currency.mp4 - Second fragment of animated bitcoin movie (no sound yet)
Bitcoins moving around the world

I know it's not much yet, but I've never made an animation before. The remaining fragments should come faster now that I've made good progress learning the synfig software.
em3rgentOrdr

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

youtube.com/ericfontainejazz now accepts bitcoin

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2010, 06:31:52 AM

Just to show that I am working on my idea of a bitcoin animated movie, and to try out Hippch's download site, here are two fragments that I have created:

http://ubitio.us/file/download/12
Opening Title

http://ubitio.us/file/download/13

I know it's not much yet, but I've never made an animation before. The remaining fragments should come faster now that I've made good progress learning the synfig software.

"Oops! This link appears to be broken."  -I guess the download expired Sad

"We will not find a solution to political problems in cryptography, but we can win a major battle in the arms race and gain a new territory of freedom for several years.

Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks, but pure P2P networks are holding their own."
ribuck
Donator

View Profile
November 27, 2010, 02:00:02 PM

"Oops! This link appears to be broken."  -I guess the download expired Sad

Yes, a longer expiry (e.g. 1 month rather than 6 hours) would work better at the Ubitious site. Anyway, thanks to the three people who downloaded: it means that I made 0.01 BTC profit per file!

I hope I can post a complete movie soon.
aisnake

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2010, 04:06:23 PM

Hi, im new in this comunitty and i first read a lot about bitcoins,and i like it, so im participating in this animation creation "contest" too. Stay tuned, first part i will post on this end of week (i gathered informations and did some kind of script for the animation first)
ShadowOfHarbringer
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1005

Bringing Legendary Har® to you since 1952

View Profile
December 05, 2010, 09:22:13 PM

Hi, im new in this comunitty and i first read a lot about bitcoins,and i like it, so im participating in this animation creation "contest" too. Stay tuned, first part i will post on this end of week (i gathered informations and did some kind of script for the animation first)

There is probably nothing to participate in in this thread, because the topic starter probably took the cash and ran off...

kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
December 05, 2010, 09:24:11 PM
Last edit: December 05, 2010, 10:22:38 PM by kiba

There is probably nothing to participate in in this thread, because the topic starter probably took the cash and ran off...

Nobody asked for refunds AFAIK, but it is accurate that bytemaster had not been active since November 9. He should at least visit the forum 5 minutes a day to reassure us.

He didn't.

ribuck
Donator

View Profile
December 05, 2010, 10:03:48 PM

Relax, guys. Bytemaster showed up once before to reassure us. And he didn't force people to let him look after the bounty; no-one else volunteered.

Not everyone visits every forum every day. And until there's a claim on the bounty, it's hypothetical anyway, so there's still time for him to show up again.
The Madhatter

Activity: 490
Merit: 509

My avatar pic says it all

View Profile
December 05, 2010, 11:32:49 PM

I think the bounty should be offered to the author of "Money as Debt". Just my 2 BTC. Wink
grondilu
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1076

View Profile
December 06, 2010, 01:56:44 AM
Last edit: December 07, 2010, 04:18:38 PM by grondilu

I think the bounty should be offered to the author of "Money as Debt". Just my 2 BTC. Wink

This guy is good at making explanatory animations, but he has some biased ideas about money imo.  I'm not sure he likes the bitcoin concept anyway.

We'd better brainstorm to come up with a good script, in a first place.

Here is an idea :

First we remind the viewer how the traditionnel banking model is organized.  We show how a priviledged node, the banker, holds *accounts* of customers, and how every transaction has to pass through the banker, who just checks signatures and amounts.

Then we show how bitcoin model is similar, except that everybody has a copy of the accunts book, and that eveybody can play the role of the banker.  Who is actually the banker is decided randomly thanks to a CPU task that takes about 10 minutes to complete.   We show how this avoids the problem of double spending.

grondilu
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1076

View Profile
December 07, 2010, 06:30:16 PM

Check out a thread I've just opened about a project I've started :

http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2136.0

da2ce7
Legendary

Activity: 1222
Merit: 1016

Live and Let Live

View Profile
December 08, 2010, 01:46:36 AM

I'll bounty +50 BTC (sent to account)

One off NP-Hard.
videodude

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 11, 2010, 05:36:50 AM

Hey!

So my brother just introduced me to bit coin and I am brand new to the concept- I am really excited about it though! It sounds like the way of the future and he gave me a link to this thread saying there is a 'bounty' out for a video Smiley

Well this is what I do for a living, and I think it would be very rewarding to do something like this because it is certain to help this new currency move forward and I would love to help!

Here is a project I finished recently that has animations and hopefully it can show that I am capable of completing this project:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLazcMQR8Rk

I usually do live videos and the thought crossed my mind that it might be nice to have some of the professionals who helped to create bit coin mentioned in the video- I listened to the radio show here:

http://www.bitcoinme.com/index.html

and I heard the guest talking about some of the economists etc that worked on the project- I wonder if there are some names we could drop (with their permission) to help bring confidence that this isn't some scam etc. Also, my brother showed me the following script:

Bitcoin is a currency for the internet. With Bitcoin, you can make payments
anywhere in the world conveniently and for little or no cost.

The Bitcoin system is not operated by any government. It is not controlled by
bankers. It is not the product of any corporation. Bitcoin is a peer-to-peer
internet currency. Every transaction within the Bitcoin system is checked and
processed collectively by the computers that form the Bitcoin network.

Everyone can use Bitcoin. There's no charge to join, and no need to register.
Just install the Bitcoin software and start it up. You can earn
Bitcoins by selling products and services to the Bitcoin community, or you can
buy bitcoins from exchanges.

To send bitcoins to someone else, click on "Send coins". Choose the recipient
from your address book, or paste in their Bitcoin receiving address. To receive
bitcoins, tell the sender your Bitcoin receiving address so that they can send
you some coins. You don't need to have your Bitcoin software running when someone
sends you coins.

The total number of bitcoins is fixed, but they are subdividable and can support
any level of trade. Bitcoins are originally earned by those whose computers are
processing Bitcoin transactions, and it's also possible to earn small
transaction fees from certain kinds of Bitcoin transactions. This provides an
ongoing incentive for people to allow their computers to process Bitcoin
transactions.

The Bitcoin system is underpinned by mathematics and secured by public key
cryptography. Because Bitcoin is a peer-to-peer system, only valid transactions
that are acceptable to the network will be processed. Someone attempting to
defraud the system would need to control more computer power than all of the
honest network nodes combined, so there is strength in numbers.

To get started, visit bitcoin.org and download the software or join the
forum. Bitcoin is an exciting and potentially game-changing currency.

And I wasn't sure if this was actually something everyone agreed on or not. I am not sure if this script really shows the POWER of what bit coin is- what I mean is that I think it gets across the main points, but I am talking more of the type of video that INSPIRES you almost like a movie preview- we need to MARKET this to people- get them SO EXCITED about the CONCEPT that they want to learn more- then we can have other videos that explain the DETAILS. That is the vision I was thinking, only because if we create a video with the most power, then the curiosity/excitement at the concept will get them interested to learn more, and we can make a series of videos that will explain the other details. A short 2-3 minute video would be the most bang for your buck- because it will have the most potential to go viral, with the most potential to get people interested. So here is a list of requirements that I am thinking needs to be focused on for the first video to get across the power of what bit coin is- even though I still feel I have much to learn:

-This new currency is no longer controlled by the rich- it is power given back to the people (democracy)
-It can not be stopped because it uses the same system as p2p (confidence)
-No fees required for transactions (free)
-cash for the digital age (simple)
-more secure encryption system than online banking (Security)
-It's as anonymous as you want it to be (privacy)
-A call for help to make the world a better place (participation)

With these things (and any changes or suggestions by the community) I think we can create a very powerful 2-3 minute introduction to pump people up about this concept.

So I'm not sure if this is extremely different from what everyone were thinking and would like to hear what your thoughts are.

theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5180
Merit: 12873

View Profile
December 11, 2010, 07:44:12 AM

and I heard the guest talking about some of the economists etc that worked on the project- I wonder if there are some names we could drop (with their permission) to help bring confidence that this isn't some scam etc.

Bruce was "exaggerating" about that. Satoshi created nearly everything by himself, and he is known for nothing other than Bitcoin. His professional qualifications are not known.

No fees required for transactions (free)

This will change in the future. Once people start actively attacking Bitcoin, free transactions will be extremely slow. Fees should always be reasonably low, though.

more secure encryption system than online banking (Security)

Bitcoin uses no encryption. All of your transactions are transmitted in plaintext. "Cryptography" would be a better word -- Bitcoin uses digital signing and cryptographic hashing.

Whether this is stronger than banks depends on your threat model. If no one will get your wallet.dat, then it's basically impossible for someone to steal your money. But if you want protection from wiretapping, Bitcoin offers you nothing, whereas banks have HTTPS.

It's as anonymous as you want it to be (privacy)

Unless you're really careful, Bitcoin has poor anonymity. See http://www.bitcoin.org/wiki/doku.php?id=anonymity

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
ribuck
Donator

View Profile
December 11, 2010, 12:12:01 PM

... I wasn't sure if this was actually something everyone agreed on or not ...

That script is just something I submitted for comments, but anyone can use all or part of it if they want. I'm working on an animation using that script, but making slow progress.

The script has certainly not been agreed by any kind of consensus, Also be aware that the script doesn't meet the requirments of all of those who have pledged donations, since different donors impose different conditions, so an animation based on it won't collect the whole pot.
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 11, 2010, 11:36:06 PM

Well this is what I do for a living, and I think it would be very rewarding to do something like this because it is certain to help this new currency move forward and I would love to help!

Give it a shot, but it's a race, not an audition.  We don't know you, so we will have to see the product before you can expect anything.  The risk is all your own.

and I heard the guest talking about some of the economists etc that worked on the project- I wonder if there are some names we could drop (with their permission) to help bring confidence that this isn't some scam etc. Also, my brother showed me the following script:

Although there are a number of forum members who are economicly educated, none who have a reputation to maintain their incomes IRL are going to stick their 'neck' out for Bitcoin just yet.  Some are watching quietly, from a safe distance.  The majority of the forum members are very privacy literate, myself included, and are not going to pierce that shield for a new forum member with one post.  For that matter, the lead programmer Satoshi, may not be using his real name; for even the old forum members cannot get confirmation of any personal info.

-This new currency is no longer controlled by the rich- it is power given back to the people (democracy)

It's not about politics, really.  It's certainly not about democracy.

-It can not be stopped because it uses the same system as p2p (confidence)

It cannot be stopped because of the proof-of-work system and because there exists no central point of control that can be attacked in cyberspace or in real life.  P2P is a means to achieve this, not the ends unto itself.  This may sound nitpicky, but the confidence that we share in Bitcoin has to do with it's robustness and lack of a single point of failure, not the network topology.

-No fees required for transactions (free)

True, no fees are required.  Fees do play a role, however.

-cash for the digital age (simple)

Subjective, but yes.

-more secure encryption system than online banking (Security)

Probably, but this is apples to oranges.  Online banking uses encryption to deal with a different threat model; someone who is trying to listen for your account secrets, such as account numbers, login info, or personal info.  The Bitcoin model works differently, and the secrets that you keep stay on your disk drive, and you must learn to protect them well.

-It's as anonymous as you want it to be (privacy)

It's as anonymous as cash in person, but for most people that isn't very anonymous.  Just as the security camera catches your face when paying in cash, your actions online can associate you to an address or more.  Once this happens, there is a "paper trail".

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
Waterfox

Activity: 37

View Profile
December 14, 2010, 09:45:10 PM

ribuck: Can you reupload the movie fragments to something like Ubitio.us or Pastecoin? Or, I could privately buy them.
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
December 14, 2010, 09:50:04 PM

ribuck: Can you reupload the movie fragments to something like Ubitio.us or Pastecoin? Or, I could privately buy them.

Ubitio.us have the problem of file expiring. Pastecoin.com or bitcoinservice.co.uk is a better choice.

ribuck
Donator

View Profile
December 14, 2010, 10:05:01 PM

Ubitio.us have the problem of file expiring. Pastecoin.com or bitcoinservice.co.uk is a better choice.

Ubitio.us expires the file too quickly. Bitcoinservice.co.uk requires registration. PasteCoin.com makes you wait a block for confirmation before you can download. So none of the services is really user-friendly.

Anyway, here are the files. It's nothing too exciting yet, it's just to show that I have actually done some work.

Opening Title
http://pastecoin.com/download.php?file=86
0.1 BTC, 600kB

http://pastecoin.com/download.php?file=87
0.1 BTC, 600kB

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: