Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 10:27:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  
Author Topic: closed  (Read 126705 times)
robstak

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 01:18:06 AM

Posting mugshot on this thread means only one thing. Bosman is very sincere, honest and dedicated to bring GPC to the next level. Exceptional dev!

Hahaha thanks man. I am trying to do everything possible to establish that my mission is true.

Somehow it would boost investors confidence that you are here to make a difference in the crypto world.  Smiley
pujumba

Activity: 252

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 01:30:38 AM

Most generous face in crypto!

For those looking for a face to the name Smiley

hahaha my heart and soul are invested in this! Thanks man
I am very satisfied that you have the guts to show your face here ... now I know I'm not dealing with a child of 8 years who don't even know how to code properly, but with a developer who has some purpose.
I will not post FUD here anymore, you deserve respect  to work on your project Smiley

Keep  the good work!

Good profits for you Bossman Cheesy

------------------------------------------------------------//----------------------------------
Well...now i will go eat something finally  Grin

yweetot

Activity: 385
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 02:08:42 AM

3rd Generation developed?? Shocked

evtrmm

Activity: 392

So much for "Community"

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 02:29:55 AM

hello all in GPC land.
Quick little intro here, My name is Al, Allen, evtadmin, evtrmm - I am the operator of BAMM on Cryptostocks, as well as the PR/Community manager for TECH.  I was recently chatting on BITTREX with Bosman, and shared with him a vision.  a plan.  Something that may be feasible, or may be completely out of whack.  That being said, don't call me a dick for posting a link to the TECH thread, because I already told the man I was going to.

A little perspective.
Though I am not new to Bitcoin, I am relatively new to the whole crypto scene.  What I have seen in this community as a whole has disgusted me.  Scams, lies, Twitter fights, coin fights..................  you get the picture.  The naïve that are being brought into this community are literally losing everything.  There is no safe place to park your money because everyone is chasing the pumps and dumps, so no matter how good a coin is, when a coin loses momentum, it will lose value because people will sell and chase the next scam.

From what I understand - and I have not read more than a page and a half on this thread, GPC aims to change that.  To consolidate ideas instead of diverting them to 4 different coins and dumping the 3 that don't take off.............  And look, Crypto has made EVERYONE cynical. <<< thanks autocorrect.  

Join. Share. Develop. We can ALL work together to make this community better.  If we don't, regulations will be kicking in a lot faster than anyone could imagine.  (bit license yahyah).  I am happily joining the GPC community and will be ready and willing to share my vision with all.  

I have been a business owner, an independent distributor, an at home dad, etc.  But taking my business experience, I understand that one of the biggest keys to success is making your customers happy (if you want, you can ask my BAMM hash holders....)  So, I would like to introduce to you a vision that could truly change the face of Crypto.  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=663990.msg8222543#msg8222543

I posted this on TECH earlier, but I am willing to share this idea and make it a challenge to see if a system can be implemented.  As I stated, I am not a coder, so I am not sure how feasible this is..........  but from what I understand, anything can be done with code.

OK.  you caught me after a couple beers.  normally I like to go for one line answers.  Thank you everyone for taking the time.

Where the fuck is that REDDIT.............

poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 02:43:04 AM

Going to quote some of the ideas just so it's easier to talk about.

1. develop a tech payment platform/pos system as a simple website plugin that would allow vendors to simply/easily integrate to their websites.  
2. the payment platform would accept multiple currencies making it more desirable for merchants to implement because of its vast amount of options - think veribit, but not just for Veri.  
3. This is where the rewards come in: When consumers spend TECH at a vendor with the TECH pos platform in place, they are sent a receipt via their wallet - not email - and along with that receipt comes a number of tech rewards coins/points - this can be done using colored coins as a starting point, but could eventually lead to redundant blockchain technologies.........  
4. A Tech internet store is built primarily for the tech rewards program, yet open to other currencies. (to allow the tech program to profit and thrive)  Discounts in the store are given for using TECH as a payment, and even further discounts - are given when TECH rewards are used as payment.

The 1st and 2nd points are of course already in place with multicoin processors like coinpayments, moolah, etc. Basically all a coin needs to do is get signed up with them (sometimes easier said than done).

I'm not entirely sure how feasible it'd be to take on existing coin processors, at least from the perspective of initial funding and merchant acceptance.

Number 3 & 4 is interesting, and I suggested it to Noble for their merchant marketplace ages ago. They did say they may implement something like that eventually. The only problem is, someone eventually has to pay for those rewards. If there is enough of a markup in the marketplace to handle a rewards program, it could work, but of course if too big a markup nobody would ever want to shop there to begin with. Noble could possibly get away with it because they actually could take an initial loss (sorta) due to low volume + special deals + using the Noble premine. That wouldn't work for GPC.

Perhaps a marketplace could be set up though, as they are always useful. Just not sure what vendors could be persuaded to start with. I'd probably lean to first just getting GPC signed up with an existing coin processor like coinpayments, then worry about a marketplace and such later.

There is also the 'veribit' issue where a low volume coin can't really use a payment system so successfully, unless it's a very limited sort of marketplace, probably capped daily. Otherwise it'd tank the price of the coin.
evtrmm

So much for "Community"

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 02:50:58 AM

Going to quote some of the ideas just so it's easier to talk about.

1. develop a tech payment platform/pos system as a simple website plugin that would allow vendors to simply/easily integrate to their websites.  
2. the payment platform would accept multiple currencies making it more desirable for merchants to implement because of its vast amount of options - think veribit, but not just for Veri.  
3. This is where the rewards come in: When consumers spend TECH at a vendor with the TECH pos platform in place, they are sent a receipt via their wallet - not email - and along with that receipt comes a number of tech rewards coins/points - this can be done using colored coins as a starting point, but could eventually lead to redundant blockchain technologies.........  
4. A Tech internet store is built primarily for the tech rewards program, yet open to other currencies. (to allow the tech program to profit and thrive)  Discounts in the store are given for using TECH as a payment, and even further discounts - are given when TECH rewards are used as payment.

The 1st and 2nd points are of course already in place with multicoin processors like coinpayments, moolah, etc. Basically all a coin needs to do is get signed up with them (sometimes easier said than done).

I'm not entirely sure how feasible it'd be to take on existing coin processors, at least from the perspective of initial funding and merchant acceptance.

Number 3 & 4 is interesting, and I suggested it to Noble for their merchant marketplace ages ago. They did say they may implement something like that eventually. The only problem is, someone eventually has to pay for those rewards. If there is enough of a markup in the marketplace to handle a rewards program, it could work, but of course if too big a markup nobody would ever want to shop there to begin with. Noble could possibly get away with it because they actually could take an initial loss (sorta) due to low volume + special deals + using the Noble premine. That wouldn't work for GPC.

Perhaps a marketplace could be set up though, as they are always useful. Just not sure what vendors could be persuaded to start with. I'd probably lean to first just getting GPC signed up with an existing coin processor like coinpayments, then worry about a marketplace and such later.

There is also the 'veribit' issue where a low volume coin can't really use a payment system so successfully, unless it's very limited sort of marketplace, probably capped daily. Otherwise it'd tank the price of the coin.

Thank you.  

at this point, where do network transaction fees go?  though it may be minimal, if volume were to be created, the transaction fees would build which could help fund the rewards program?  I wish I could flow chart this right now.....

edit: if you created a viable rewards program, consumers would be clamoring for vendors to use your platform, which of course would do 2 things:
1. force current providers to implement rewards programs
2. force vendors to use your platform because that is what the consumers want.
catecoco

Activity: 136

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 02:59:20 AM

Good profits for you Bossman
poornamelessme

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 03:01:33 AM

Thank you.  

at this point, where do network transaction fees go?  though it may be minimal, if volume were to be created, the transaction fees would build which could help fund the rewards program?  I wish I could flow chart this right now.....

edit: if you created a viable rewards program, consumers would be clamoring for vendors to use your platform, which of course would do 2 things:

Not so sure there are enough transaction fees to really support much just yet. The dev would have to comment on that one.

Let's say we implement a rewards program such as credit card companies use -- discover portal, or something like ebates. That tends to be a 1-10% discount on purchases, sometime 20% off.

If there was a 15% markup in the marketplace, and let's say a 10% discount... yeah, it could work. But I'm not sure if anyone would shop at a marketplace that had a 15% markup. Most of the things crypto people tend to buy are giftcards and such, so markups don't work so well there.

I'm also not so sure there are enough consumers here in crypto land to force vendors to do anything really. Noble currently offers a 10% discount on all giftcards, including amazon, newegg, and others. And I believe they plan to go back to their 18% off after they change the coin over to POS. I'm not sure if any new rewards program here can beat those prices.
evtrmm

So much for "Community"

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 03:56:38 AM

Thank you.  

Not so sure there are enough transaction fees to really support much just yet. The dev would have to comment on that one.

Let's say we implement a rewards program such as credit card companies use -- discover portal, or something like ebates. That tends to be a 1-10% discount on purchases, sometime 20% off.

If there was a 15% markup in the marketplace, and let's say a 10% discount... yeah, it could work. But I'm not sure if anyone would shop at a marketplace that had a 15% markup. Most of the things crypto people tend to buy are giftcards and such, so markups don't work so well there.

I'm also not so sure there are enough consumers here in crypto land to force vendors to do anything really. Noble currently offers a 10% discount on all giftcards, including amazon, newegg, and others. And I believe they plan to go back to their 18% off after they change the coin over to POS. I'm not sure if any new rewards program here can beat those prices.

There has to be something that will bring Cryptos to the forefront.  "Our coin, and 86 others have anon" isn't going to do it.  "We have encrypted messaging"  Fuck yeah.......  but honestly, so do a lot of other coins.  Not only that - BOTH of those features will only fit into a niche market, and nothing more - congrats on being accepted  (your and your 86 counterparts) by less than 1% of the worlds population.

To be the best, you have to act like the best.  There need not be a comparison.  "Our anon is better than theirs" - prove it.  honestly..... who cares. If you are talking about real world adaption, anon and messaging won't matter.

What does matter to the average joe is the lack of usability in the Bitcoin protocol/wallets.  Right now, they get out their wallet, pay by cash or credit card, and it is done.  no need to back up your wallet.dat file.  no need to encrypt your wallet.  and if someone maliciously charges against your credit card, a little dispute will get your money back.

So lets focus - not just as GPC - but as a crypto community as a whole.  Make a coin easy, useable, and secure - enough so my 83 yr old Grandmother is comfortable with it - and you have a winner.  Make it so it does not have to be transacted on an insecure device that is NOT meant for securing currency.  (PC,MAC,Android,etc all fit here) 

MAKE IT COMFORTABLE

Once this has begun, real world adaption will grow exponentially.

My Thoughts

The wallet: (as we know it - pc based)
exe install file that will prompt for encryption and backup upon initial install.
regular backups can be scheduled on install or later via wallet options.
UPDATE alert.  your wallet should either autoupdate or notify you that your wallet is out of date.
no .conf files.  not .bat files.  SIMPLICITY  is where we should aim.

beers gone.  I'm out.

stay tuned.  more thoughts to come.
poornamelessme

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 04:23:29 AM

That sort of veers into why use crypto at all to purchase anything, and to be honest, that is also why crypto may never prove very popular as a form of currency with the general public.

One way around it is having a credit card company set up a multi coin processor card, and then they could offer the same safeguards, ease of use, and even rewards, that credit cards offer. Anywhere that took fiat, could also then take cryptos. But of course that isn't something GPC can simply 'do' -- not unless the dev happens to run a credit card company on the side.

Touching on other points, I do think anon serves a purpose. It's a niche purpose, but it's a differentiating factor in relation to btc. But rather than re-invent the wheel, I'd just go with darksend after its open sourced, assuming it's not insane to incorporate into GPC.

And an easier to use wallet probably would be nice. When I was new to cryptos, I assumed all wallets had some auto update feature, or something similar. Of course they don't. In fact, half the wallets seem to barely work at all, at least not without setting up something manually. Not so sure that would exactly be a killer feature exactly, but if cheap and easy to add... sure why not.
mothermole1

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 04:55:36 AM

And an easier to use wallet probably would be nice. When I was new to cryptos, I assumed all wallets had some auto update feature, or something similar. Of course they don't. In fact, half the wallets seem to barely work at all, at least not without setting up something manually. Not so sure that would exactly be a killer feature exactly, but if cheap and easy to add... sure why not.

That's a massive point you make there. Auto-updating wallet!
poornamelessme

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 05:13:19 AM

Well, it's more evtrmm's point.. and more a comment on my newbie naivety when starting out.

There are a number of fancy wallet features that probably could be added -- things like password recovery, voting, news tickers, built in exchange links, recurring payments and such. Personally I'm not big on wallet stuff, but I suppose others would like it. I just want my wallet to install and work without exploding or losing my coins.
mikelitoris

Activity: 182

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 06:20:20 AM

cool i'm in, some good coins have popped up in the last week after all of the recent scams

6561742061206469636b
ASICrefugee

Activity: 432

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 06:26:22 AM

Auto-updating wallet, no thanks Smiley
History shows us that automatic updates are just a disaster waiting to happen, PC's are too diverse a gene pool to cover all the bases with regard to security and functionality.
Would you want a wallet that blue screened because of a conflict with something else on your system?
IF, and there needs to be a technical reason to do so - hard fork, etc, IF I am updating a wallet I want to be able to do it manually, after backing up the wallet.dat (twice Smiley).
Auto update takes away my level of control, and I feel less secure as a result.

Anon - which seems to be the flavour of the moment - would probably be my first choice for an added feature.
poornamelessme

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 07:19:52 AM

History shows us that automatic updates are just a disaster waiting to happen, PC's are too diverse a gene pool to cover all the bases with regard to security and functionality.
Would you want a wallet that blue screened because of a conflict with something else on your system?
IF, and there needs to be a technical reason to do so - hard fork, etc, IF I am updating a wallet I want to be able to do it manually, after backing up the wallet.dat (twice Smiley).

Anon - which seems to be the flavour of the moment - would probably be my first choice for an added feature.

Can't disagree there, although it could be an option. If folks want it, they set it to auto-update... if not, just leave well enough alone. A notifier as to available updates may be a better and safer idea though. Perhaps an auto backup wouldn't be such a bad idea either.

Also agree as to anon, mentioned it earlier as a suggestion and it would be my first choice too (at least based on suggestions so far).
mothermole1

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 07:32:40 AM

Can't disagree there, although it could be an option. If folks want it, they set it to auto-update... if not, just leave well enough alone. A notifier as to available updates may be a better and safer idea though. Perhaps an auto backup wouldn't be such a bad idea either.

Also agree as to anon, mentioned it earlier as a suggestion and it would be my first choice too (at least based on suggestions so far).

I like the idea of an auto-backup.. Save to either hard drive or connect to a google drive account?
damashup

Activity: 259

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 07:35:57 AM
Last edit: August 07, 2014, 07:50:40 AM by damashup

Agree anon would be a good feature to add. However being a non-techie I'm going to ask some basic questions:

1, What type of anon features should be implemented?
To my mind the 'anon' coins fall into two camps
  • coins that superficially offer anonymity, however do not truly deliver are not widely regarded as delivering anonymous transactions - just trying to cash in on the buzz imo.
  • coins purporting that they will deliver anonymous transactions but are still being developed - with no certainty that they will/ can deliver on promise.

2, Are we looking to leverage anon functionality in an existing coin (if so which coin?) or are we looking for someone to pitch a new anon solution?

3, Are we looking to see which coin emerges from the battle for anon superiority and adopt those features (assuming the code is open source and compatible)?

4, Bearing 1-3 in mind, what should the budget and timescale be?

Questions really for the community... would really appreciate answers at a relatively high level (at this stage)...  Smiley
yampi

Activity: 433

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 08:04:13 AM

Agree anon would be a good feature to add. However being a non-techie I'm going to ask some basic questions:

1, What type of anon features should be implemented?
To my mind the 'anon' coins fall into two camps
  • coins that superficially offer anonymity, however do not truly deliver are not widely regarded as delivering anonymous transactions - just trying to cash in on the buzz imo.
  • coins purporting that they will deliver anonymous transactions but are still being developed - with no certainty that they will/ can deliver on promise.

2, Are we looking to leverage anon functionality in an existing coin (if so which coin?) or are we looking for someone to pitch a new anon solution?

3, Are we looking to see which coin emerges from the battle for anon superiority and adopt those features (assuming the code is open source and compatible)?

4, Bearing 1-3 in mind, what should the budget and timescale be?

Questions really for the community... would really appreciate answers at a relatively high level (at this stage)...  Smiley

Anonymization from mixing nodes would be a good feature.
It would reward mixing nodes for their work through a fee and a lot of people would start mixing.
I don't know the exact name of such anon feature but I know it already exists.
yweetot

Activity: 385

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 11:38:45 AM

Ill be making a big push on the white paper after work today! For you guys, there is no wasting time.

Bosnan.

Now is to tender? ? ? Shocked

Triffin

Activity: 952
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 01:34:29 PM

Just some thoughts on development ..

Anon is the flavor of the month ..
Too much competition in that space from coins with real budgets and dev teams ..
We'd just be a 'me too' coin if it could even be done ..
Do we really want to try and take on CLOAK/DRK/KEY/XMR etc etc ??
They've got big leads over us and deeper pockets ..

Anything to make the wallet experience simpler with increased functionality
would be a big plus for widespread adoption .. The NXT brain wallet is the
best one I've run across and could serve as a starting point for GPC ..
And a mobile wallet is an absolute must ..

The bigger question is what and who should be our target market ??

I was watching FRONTLINE on PBS Tuesday night ..
The topic was "Generation Like" ..
Essentially about monetizing "social media" and how
young people ( 15 -22 yrs ) are using it to develop
"personal brands" via Facebook/twitter/instagram/utube/tumblr etc etc ..

Here's the link to the show ..
About 53 minutes long ..
It's an absolute must view as the implications for crypto are huge .. 

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/media/generation-like/what-did-generation-like-think-of-generation-like/

Especially pertinent are minutes 7-20 and  35 - 46  ..
One girl, who is a big fan of "Hunger Games", earns
"Sparks" and "Badges" for 'liking' and 'tweeting'

Several online ad/media companies were mentioned as leaders in this space ..

The Audience
TVGla
KiiP

Kiip, founded by 19 year old Brian Wong is particularly interesting ..
Kiip is a "rewards network" using something called "XP" which
are "earned" by users and redeemable for product and services ..
( Sounds alot like a cryptocurrency to me  )

This group of young people aka Generation "Like" are the ones that will adopt crypto ..
We need to target them specifically for GPC ..

Just throwing it out there ..

Triff ..

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  

Jump to: