Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 07:53:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dollar coming to an end  (Read 34917 times)
darkmind

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 12:40:38 PM

All fiats have failed after their cycle is over. I dont see why dollar has to be immortal.

The usd system works the same as bitcoin, we all want the dream to become rich, so we sweat, work, put money in it... but only 1 out of 1000 will become rich

leex1528

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 05:06:03 PM

All fiats have failed after their cycle is over. I dont see why dollar has to be immortal.

The usd system works the same as bitcoin, we all want the dream to become rich, so we sweat, work, put money in it... but only 1 out of 1000 will become rich

Is it really that high of a rate?  I don't think it is but I could be wrong, and what are we defining as rich?
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 05:18:31 PM

^He means in the top .1 percent.  I know this because 1 in 1000, and because math.
opossum

Activity: 924

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 06:29:13 PM

The dollar has been coming to an end for a very long time but still it is here controlling most of the worlds economy's, paying for wars and being paid back for the wars. When the dollar comes to an end it will be because those in power want it to be the end of the dollar/petro$/war$ if and when that time comes it is going to be terrible news for all country's that rely on it, deaths of millions within a short time and total chaos. It is what the world needs but it is not going to be pretty when the time comes, No bitcoin will not save us however much we would like it to bitcoin needs economies to be on the up to itself be worth anything well imo.

▄▄█████████▄▄
      ▄█████████████████▄
   ▄████▀            ▀████▄
  █████                █████▄
 ███████████████████████████▄
████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
████        ██████        ████
 ████▄      ██████      ▄████
  ▀████     ██████    ▄████▀
    ▀████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████▀
      ▀▀██████████████▀▀
TIDEX

riptide

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 07:56:46 PM

It could be a great way to dump the US debt. Lose the dollar and adopt some kind of crypto/Fiat currency.
NotLambchop

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 08:03:52 PM

ITT:  Bitcoiners talk about collapsing USD as Bitcoin collapses.  Much lel had by all.
aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 08:05:29 PM

A distinction can be made between various "ends" of the "dollar":

The end of the value of your hoarded dollars.

The end of the petrodollar system.

The end of reserve currency status.

The end of the federal reserve system.

The end of fiat-slavery worldwide.

I estimate the above order to approximate the future order of these events.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
picolo

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 11:09:44 PM

The dollar has been coming to an end for a very long time but still it is here controlling most of the worlds economy's, paying for wars and being paid back for the wars. When the dollar comes to an end it will be because those in power want it to be the end of the dollar/petro$/war$ if and when that time comes it is going to be terrible news for all country's that rely on it, deaths of millions within a short time and total chaos. It is what the world needs but it is not going to be pretty when the time comes, No bitcoin will not save us however much we would like it to bitcoin needs economies to be on the up to itself be worth anything well imo.

USA has been very good at attracting talents and growing its economy so it allowed the state to spend more and the dollar to keep going.
Trader Galactic LLC

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 09:04:07 AM

The dollar collapsing is about massive inflationary policy and no amount of imported talent will save it.
NotLambchop

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 12:39:09 PM

The dollar collapsing is about massive inflationary policy and no amount of imported talent will save it.

We have ways of keeping the dollar propped up with native talent.  Not worried one bit Cool

picolo

Activity: 1022

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 03:52:10 PM

It delays the problems and buys time to the government if people are creating a lot of value and wealth in the USA.
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 05:43:06 PM

What nations like Greece should do in the middle of an up and coming collapse is adopt Bitcoin on the side so the people has a way to store their wealth outside the system, its clear people is going to get all of their money out of the banks, mark my words for june.
PenguinFire

Activity: 154

That Darn Cat

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 05:52:30 PM

It is funny when people here bash the USD when their currency is BTC.  I hate to break it to you guys want one has been around longer and probably will also be around longer after.

techgeek

Activity: 826

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 06:06:46 PM

What nations like Greece should do in the middle of an up and coming collapse is adopt Bitcoin on the side so the people has a way to store their wealth outside the system, its clear people is going to get all of their money out of the banks, mark my words for june.

Its a tourist nation, they have no export to handle there own debts.

Which is why they end up being "hey, lend me your lunch money again, I forgot it at home" story all the time on the news.

Nothing will change for them unless they have some sort of production. Now look at china, that we all love. Our iphones says everything $1 billion dollar company apple makes how many units over there provided by foxconn."Made in china" but not "Made in Greece"

polynesia
Legendary

Activity: 1358

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 12:11:50 AM

Greece can't adopt Bitcoin; Greeks definitely can convert a portion of the money they have into bitcoins.
It will probably save them from misery later on.
oblivi

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 01:21:00 AM

It is funny when people here bash the USD when their currency is BTC.  I hate to break it to you guys want one has been around longer and probably will also be around longer after.
LOL no way. USD is set to collapse, all fiats have a cycle, BTC is a paradigm shift and no one can predict the outcome.
stonerider

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 03:03:03 AM

Why don't you go and ask a common man on a street, "which would you like, US Dollars or bitcoins?" 999999 out of 1000000, he will answer "US Dollars, please."

As long as US maintains its military superiority over any other nations in the world, their currency will rule supreme.

Bitcoin at this stage is just an experiment, albeit one with a huge potential to disrupt existing financial systems and institutions.

At the end of the day, most people will look at bitcoins and just shrug their shoulders. Bitcoin just doesn't replace US$ at this time. We have long ways to go to win the hearts and minds of the people. Bitcoin works better as a commodity, not as currency, and this will continue to be the case for a loooooooooooooooooooong while, if not forever.
polynesia
Legendary

Activity: 1358

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 12:58:49 AM

Why don't you go and ask a common man on a street, "which would you like, US Dollars or bitcoins?" 999999 out of 1000000, he will answer "US Dollars, please."

As long as US maintains its military superiority over any other nations in the world, their currency will rule supreme.

Bitcoin at this stage is just an experiment, albeit one with a huge potential to disrupt existing financial systems and institutions.

At the end of the day, most people will look at bitcoins and just shrug their shoulders. Bitcoin just doesn't replace US$ at this time. We have long ways to go to win the hearts and minds of the people. Bitcoin works better as a commodity, not as currency, and this will continue to be the case for a loooooooooooooooooooong while, if not forever.

The USD has been the world's reserve currency for quite some time now.
Maybe it is time some other currency took over.
Before the USD, it was the GBP and prior to that it was the Spanish Pesetta.
Maybe the time is ripe for Bitcoin to take over.
resya

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 07:36:45 AM

LOL no way. USD is set to collapse, all fiats have a cycle, BTC is a paradigm shift and no one can predict the outcome.

The value of fiat is permanently decreasing but btc is inflating faster than usd at this current moment. more btc are being minted in comparison to usd

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█   ⚂⚄⚀⚃⚅⚁    ██  d a d i c e  ██    Next Generation Dice Game
• Low 1% house edge. • Provably Fair.  
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
najzenmajsen

Activity: 700

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 12:48:22 PM

The value of fiat is permanently decreasing but btc is inflating faster than usd at this current moment. more btc are being minted in comparison to usd
Then again , bitcoin is a very new currency. after most of the btc have been mined out , and the world has started to realise how revelutionary bitcoin is , only then we'll start seeing crazy market caps on bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: