Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:19:06 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ETH] Ethereum = Scam  (Read 60147 times)
helin9108

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

ELYSIAN | Pre-TGE 5.21.2018 | TGE 6.04.2018

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2017, 11:47:40 AM

Ethereum is not scam because Ethereum is not just a currency,it’s a Blockchain platform powered by the Ether cryptocurrency.Their technology is just too good to not break through.Ethereum becomes more mainstream and widely accepted so the currency valuations are expected to surge further.And Ethereum is second most favourable coin after Bitcoin in the world.So, I dont think Ethereum is scam.

fr4nkthetank
Legendary

Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182

Now the money is free, and so the people will be

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 05:08:11 AM

Ethereum is not scam because Ethereum is not just a currency,it’s a Blockchain platform powered by the Ether cryptocurrency.Their technology is just too good to not break through.Ethereum becomes more mainstream and widely accepted so the currency valuations are expected to surge further.And Ethereum is second most favourable coin after Bitcoin in the world.So, I dont think Ethereum is scam.

ethereum is shit.  honestly.  try trading on etherdelta and sites like that.  its 100% non user friendly shit.  god damn it, use WAVES, at least that makes sense to n00bs.  erc20 contracts are garbage at the basic level.  it takes a lot to make it right.
djvenz13

Activity: 311
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 02:37:23 PM

do not say that ethereum is a scam, because altcoin is the best altcoin after bitcoin
I like with ethereum
SenSeiSoKo

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 02:44:29 PM

ETH is not a scam it is not a coin it is a token a smart contract! Good Night
jujugoboom

Activity: 383
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 02:50:56 PM

What a pity that so many people thought Ethereum is a scam, so did I think in 2014. So I missed the ICO, and never bought one even in 2015. I should earn that money, but I was wrong on ETH.
CryptoRama

Activity: 453

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 04:50:34 PM

Why do people telling it's a scam, why do people say that for blockchain cryptocurrency? Are there cryptocoins that were made only to scam people? And the coins still exists and are they on blockchain?

correct me if I'm wrong but, you can probably earn with most of the cryptocurrencyes?

|██████| | ██████SECURE AND LICENSED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE██████ |██████| |
| INVECH |
WHITEPAPER | ANN THREAD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | MEDIUM | INVECH |
|██████| | ███████JOIN INVECH INITIAL EXCHANGE OFFERING NOW!████████ |██████| |
crypto_bit

Activity: 168
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 05:25:55 PM

alts that come with its own blockchains are not scams, I think. But there are some obvious scams in TOKENS area. The gold is also somewhere but hardly seen
Noxmfs

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2017, 05:35:10 PM

Haha it makes me cringe when I see this post from 2014. LOT has changed and Ethereum established itself as a top cryptocurrency. I wish I was here at the time you posted this.
irfanrete

Activity: 168
Merit: 14

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 05:40:53 PM

Ethereum is posted i see today as the big new story at Coindesk !
and i made a comment on it but it's of course awaiting moderation so i bet they will delete it.

Bottom line it's a dumb idea and it's an IPO and IPO's in crypto are ALL scams.
My advice to people is to avoid shit like this and notice who is jamming it down your throat too !
i came here today and out of nowhere page one is bloated with Ethereum topics.

i am going to copy what i posted at Coindesk to explain the reasoning behind why i think IPO's are scammy.

Note:
I just checked and Coindesk let me post my comment and replied "LOL"
i LOL'd too hhaha

ok so with out further ado, here is your new opinion everyone (the correct one) ..your welcome Wink

reference = http://www.coindesk.com/ethereum-launches-ether-coin-millions-already-sold/

Belief in it doesn't matter, you arguing with a bag holder.
So XYZ scam is great.. no what (to them)

It could be Kick-A-Puppy Coin and these same guys will come here and babble on their usual dumb bs..

They have to..
Or else their IPO scam is going to make them broke.
Further more it's clear staff here pushed this through because their bag holders too.. guaranteed.
It's all rather transparent and obvious to people with a brain hat is going on and there is need to give my interpretation of it etc.

I doubt even 1% of the people coming here need to be convinced for or against this crap..

What we do in fact having going on in a tug of war for media perception as to whether this scheme (or others) is convincing enough to lure in enough of the usual guys.

Because nobody !
and i mean NOOOOOBOOOOOOODY
cares about chow scammy or stupid some stunt scheme is.
ALL they care about is can they get in on it and make some money on it before it crash into the dirt.
I am not the only one who sees a red flag with anything that has an IPO or "Angel Investing" or "Crowd Funding" etc
They are ALL scammy pyramid schemes.. designed for no other purpose than to get Bitcoin to cash out to fiat.

AND..

Even if a few of these IPO scams are honest and legit it still does not change the important point that IPO's and similar were before and still are just a porting of a concept from a REGULATED market to a FREE market.

You see an IPO in the NYSE is regulated and protects all parties involved with massive amounts of rules and oversight.
In our Crypto scene it's a gimmick and a tool to part you with your Bitcoin.. legally !

No one in crypto shoudl get involved in crap like this until we have our own Crypto-version of Berni Madoff serving time for a ponzi scheme or we have our own version of Martha Stewart serving time for Insider trading until then..

It simply is NOT fair and safe or possibly even legal what these guys are doing and if regulation is looming and imposed with out warning you people out there supporting crap like this could wound up waking up tomorrow with charges laid against you.

Be careful investing in crap copied from a REGULATED market with laws.. we are in a free market where Ponzi schemes, Insider Trading and outright fraud etc.. is legal.

Use your brains and keep the greed in check guys lol

Or don't and suffer the consequences and roll out the cliche's Crypto-Excuses™ i hear ever day lol

and.. and..
This comment is (of course) awaiting moderation LOL
in my opinion etherum?
I know Ethereum isn't liked around here ... but they had more code and functionality than 99% of the altcoins in this forum had BEFORE the fundraiser even started.

They virtually rebuilt counterparty in the language they created ... in 400 lines of code (vs counterparty who just cloned Ethereum's code)

The ethics I can understand people having a problem with.  But Ethereum is a functioning product - they just reset the genesis block so it's impossible to profit off of at the moment.
J. Cooper

Merit: 125

Alea iacta est

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 05:44:12 PM

ethereum is shit.  honestly.  try trading on etherdelta and sites like that.  its 100% non user friendly shit.  god damn it, use WAVES, at least that makes sense to n00bs.  erc20 contracts are garbage at the basic level.  it takes a lot to make it right.
I'm not a big fan either. Sure it has accomplished quite a lot and has become relatively expensive as well. But overall I feel like as soon as a better platform and token comes around the corner, and it will, I think ethereum will become obsolete.
feelideb

Activity: 770
Merit: 101

fLibero.financial

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 06:02:18 PM

This was total bs. People that knew ethereum when it began felt is another one of those scammy coin. In those days just like it is now there were a lots of scammers. So don't be offended when you read negative comments about ethereum earlier on this thread!

Mihaylovic

Activity: 910
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 06:08:51 PM

How can you call it scam  Cheesy ok maybe overpriced or overrated but developers are there, its blockchain is useful and valuable for all ecosystem
Gataway

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 11:06:24 AM

How can you call it scam  Cheesy ok maybe overpriced or overrated but developers are there, its blockchain is useful and valuable for all ecosystem

That is right. The ETH has good development so far.
totholio

Merit: 17

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 06:32:08 PM

Pretty funny reading from the beginning lol
|Bitkoin|

Activity: 273

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 10:01:16 PM

Ethereum does equal scam!! Look at what it's value proposition, smart contracts, is doing. Not only did it hard fork because of the DAO, and not only did it breed shitty ICOs that are purely speculative, but it now had another smart contract problem with Parity where someone pressed the kill switch. Why is there even a kill switch!?? Should be dumb contracts, not smart.
Vasetar

Activity: 32

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 05:37:46 PM

Ethereum does equal scam!! Look at what it's value proposition, smart contracts, is doing. Not only did it hard fork because of the DAO, and not only did it breed shitty ICOs that are purely speculative, but it now had another smart contract problem with Parity where someone pressed the kill switch. Why is there even a kill switch!?? Should be dumb contracts, not smart.

I have used Ethereum several times and transfer without problem. How is that a scam?
Gataway

Activity: 54

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 05:26:46 PM

Pretty funny reading from the beginning lol

What did you learn? Is it a scam?
icochick

Activity: 131

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 05:32:36 PM

Hmmm are you sure? this doesn't really add up imo

If it were a scam governments wouldn't be subscribing to it or adopting it.. or adjusting to accommodate the change that smart contracts bring... smh
BitEnergi

Activity: 85
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 07:14:20 PM

Certainly it was not a scam..
It appears that Vitalik was the next Satoshi Nakamoto.. hehe
crypto-curious

Activity: 210
Merit: 106

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 01:37:38 AM

Amazing how in 2014, Ethereum seemed like a scam! It's second to Bitcoin now! What a turn around!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: