Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:12:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ETH] Ethereum = Scam  (Read 60138 times)
josephliton

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 10:51:25 AM

Is there any guarantee that Ethereum concept will work

The group of developers and other personnel that is now, or will be,employed by, or contracted with, Ethereum Switzerland GmbH (“EthSuisse”) is termed the “Ethereum Team.” EthSuisse will be liquidated shortly after creation of genesis block, and EthSuisse anticipates (but does not                    guarantee) that after it is dissolved the Ethereum Platform will continue to be developed by persons and entities who support Ethereum, including both volunteers and developers who are paid by nonprofit entities interested in supporting the Ethereum Platform.

You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bubble83

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 10:59:22 AM

The group of developers and other personnel that is now, or will be,employed by, or contracted with, Ethereum Switzerland GmbH (“EthSuisse”) is termed the “Ethereum Team.” EthSuisse will be liquidated shortly after creation of genesis block, and EthSuisse anticipates (but does not                    guarantee) that after it is dissolved the Ethereum Platform will continue to be developed by persons and entities who support Ethereum, including both volunteers and developers who are paid by nonprofit entities interested in supporting the Ethereum Platform.

Who get's the money from the IPO?
giveBTCpls

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 11:28:15 AM

Lol at that pic of Vitalik with that t-shirt. Honestly the guy seems legitimate to me, it's just the project itself that puts me off, it's too big, too ambitious, too early to say if investing in such an IPO is insane or not. We'll see, I didn't pull the trigger tho.

oldmarsh

Activity: 247

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 11:43:36 AM

Supposedly any BTC the founders put in they get back but keep the Ether.

Wow.  I wonder if investors know this...  What a sham.

–]vbuterinFounder
You mean if I had sent 100 BTC in then I would get 100 BTC out and also keep 200000 ETH, so a 2x return? We are certainly not doing a deal of that sort.
Additionally, note that we do not "own" the BTC that goes into the ether sale. Those BTC are held by a GmbH (German for "limited liability company") owned by a Swiss non-profit Stiftung (foundation) registered and regulated by the Canton of Zug; it is illegal for us to use those funds for personal benefit (with obvious exceptions like salary).

Because you know that if you ask a scammer if they are scamming they are going to be completely honest with you and reveal that indeed it is all one big scam. Not saying that's what's going on here, just that if you suspect someone is scamming, asking that person if they are scamming isn't going to get you anywhere.

BTW, in regard to that last line, when has the fact that something is illegal ever stopped criminals from doing it?
Baitty

Activity: 532

Currently held as collateral by monbux

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 12:43:37 PM

Lol at that pic of Vitalik with that t-shirt. Honestly the guy seems legitimate to me, it's just the project itself that puts me off, it's too big, too ambitious, too early to say if investing in such an IPO is insane or not. We'll see, I didn't pull the trigger tho.

Exactly they have aimed to high and also haven't considered some key points and it's probably going to end up exactly like every other alt coin I just hope a lot of people don't lose a lot of coin from this.

marcelus

Activity: 297

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 12:54:56 PM

The level of intelligence on these forums has taken a serious nose-dive. Never have I seen so many words say absolutely nothing. Thanks OP. What an enlightening post.
GangkisKhan

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 01:31:52 PM

Exactly they have aimed to high and also haven't considered some key points and it's probably going to end up exactly like every other alt coin I just hope a lot of people don't lose a lot of coin from this.

Some already pointed out once the usage exceed certain threshold, the time it takes to complete tasks will take unnecessary long. They also include a clause in the agreement on this issue.

tsoPANos

Activity: 602

In math we trust.

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 02:13:10 PM

The developers obviously!
currently, 15,746,809 ETHER!
Not bad!
CoinRocka

Activity: 249

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 02:32:29 PM

"If you don't like the station, change the channel"

or

Create a thread explaining how much you think the infomercial on this shitty channel is a scam

I wear my  Cool at night
Baitty

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 03:14:14 PM

The developers obviously!
currently, 15,746,809 ETHER!
Not bad!

That's a serious amount of money the developers have earned from selling their ether now they were smart in doing what they did.

Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 03:30:35 PM

their conditions are clear : pay to see ether whitepaper dev'd; i put 8 btc so far and as it's an investment i consider those as lost and i hope they will use them well; and i think a lot of people are doing the same.

Ethereum "scam" would have been a 2 years old scam hosted behind legal entities i mean come on Smiley

+

blockchain don't lie : https://blockchain.info/address/36PrZ1KHYMpqSyAQXSG8VwbUiq2EogxLo2

or is btc a scam and blockchain rigged ?

how much scam thread will you post this year ? did you bet something or did you earn money doing those ? if not maybe it's time to move on useful thread and discussions ?

again you dodged my point i keep repeating..
AGAIN one of you guys post that link.. that has nothing to do with it !
no one was challenging that people actually did in fact buy coins..
People were challenging that it was normal behavior.
Work on reading comprehension maybe.. because this has been stressed and made perfectly clear already.. so why play games ?

and i have made almost no XYZ Coin is s scam topics
so your talking out your ass..
and by all means tell me how to make money criticizing coins.. because i have never made 1 cent doing it and i would love to make money on it Smiley

your defending this dumb ass shit coin is a pure fail.. try again ?

and yeah i would consider your BTC lost LOL
that is the only smart thing you said hahah
what kind of dope head invests 8 Bitcoin's into ETH ? are you retarded or what ? ..do you know how valuable those bitcoins are ?

ProTip:
Attacking my credibility personally will not make your shitcoin magically good lol

FUD first & ask questions later™
Baitty

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 03:48:58 PM

their conditions are clear : pay to see ether whitepaper dev'd; i put 8 btc so far and as it's an investment i consider those as lost and i hope they will use them well; and i think a lot of people are doing the same.

Ethereum "scam" would have been a 2 years old scam hosted behind legal entities i mean come on Smiley

+

blockchain don't lie : https://blockchain.info/address/36PrZ1KHYMpqSyAQXSG8VwbUiq2EogxLo2

or is btc a scam and blockchain rigged ?

how much scam thread will you post this year ? did you bet something or did you earn money doing those ? if not maybe it's time to move on usefull thread and discussions ?

You should look at their website again and then look at what you just wrote....does it still make sense? No thought not. You have just lost your Bitcoin, sorry.

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 03:50:41 PM

Ethereum might be the Next Big Thing in altcoins. Over 10,000,000 ETH sold during the first day, which equals to 5000 BTC.
People are crazy about this IPO, they're selling their jewellery and even cars to buy ETH!
It's easy to fake this. IPO coins are not to be trusted.
I had big hope for this coin, but now not so much.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 04:42:35 PM

the ethereum team is developing something called "serpent"

told ya, satanic.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
oldmarsh

Activity: 247

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 12:12:05 AM

It seems that search "vitalik buterin satanic" is trending

Interesting...
thrax

Activity: 253
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 12:39:55 AM

Is Ethereum backed by any Universities of big businesses? The dev team includes someone with a professor title, so I was just wondering.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 12:52:07 AM

Ethereum was started when alts were all the rage.  The entire notion that there should be a big persuit of alternative cryptos has crumbled.

Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 02:03:15 AM

Ethereum might be the Next Big Thing in altcoins. Over 10,000,000 ETH sold during the first day, which equals to 5000 BTC.
People are crazy about this IPO, they're selling their jewellery and even cars to buy ETH!
It's easy to fake this. IPO coins are not to be trusted.
I had big hope for this coin, but now not so much.

exactly my point Lauda !

it would be nice to see some proof that this rather unusually large volume of coin sales resulted from normal behavior.
and raising a stink normally sort of gets people to come out of the work work and go on the record
saying "I bought coins".. then another guy saying "ya, me too"
and so on and so on..
or maybe some bigger whales come up ad say ohh yeah i bought some etc..
BUT this has NOT happened for this coin ETH !
but the reaction since that 1 day where ETH came out of no where with the Coindesk story it's been dead silent ..crickets chirping  Cheesy

I see this topic as putting it on the table.
If i am wrong and this is not a scam then the chance to prove has passed.. it failed as far as i am concerned and i am out. (i will not be getting in on this coin)

Side Note: OFF TOPIC
STAFF here seem to be looking for some uhhh more useless short comments to delete.. i had one deleted from this topic and one from another today.
i posted the following that i got a msg about being deleted..
@V500
ok wtf was that i just seen ? LOLOL

and on another topic i forgot which one the following was deleted..
interesting !

NOT trying to make a stink about just letting ya all know they may be deleting your comments too.
I think i see why though.. they were off low quality LOL
also i have seen this sort of staff behavior before i started for a little while posting more pictures in my comments
and i had a strong feeling i was going to get banned i don't know why but i was right.. after a few day they deleted tons of my comments with pics
and then they banned me for like 5 days for spamming.
90% of that was when i joined in on the BunnyCoin topic posting bunny related pics.. a lot of us were doing it..
so it was not like i was the only guy or something.

so.. i mentioned this for newer guys.. that seems to be the button that gets on mods nerves around here i think.
SPAM ..they don't like it LOL
Which if it was my site, i would agree ...it would be a big ass Forum SQL database i bet hahaha
anyway i will be trying to cut down on useless comments and encourage other to do so to or they will prob just delete them
wasting all our time posting and deleting etc.. sorry MOD's Wink

FUD first & ask questions later™
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 02:09:15 AM

It seems that search "vitalik buterin satanic" is trending

Interesting...

sk3wl3d

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
ChrisJ

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 08:24:40 PM

I have cited and will be referring to some of the comments on this thread in my show tomorrow on WCN. To see show prep notes head over to the /r/worldcryptnetwork page. I would be keen for any of your thoughts and insights.

Thank-you

I want to make the world better than I found it
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: