Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:41:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 186 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XCN] Cryptonite | 1st mini-blockchain coin | M7 PoW | No Premine  (Read 578441 times)
Primitive

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 03:35:12 PM

is there a way to generate a "rich list" or somehow explore the wallet addresses. 

i dont want to jump to any conclusions, but it seems like the early mining might not have been distributed that well.  one of the things i liked about this coin i show the launch seemed like it was going to spread the coins out more than IPO launches.  but i wonder if it did the opposite.  some people with massive CPU farms or botnets?

NEM, LSK, STRAT

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
othe

Activity: 532

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 03:38:52 PM

how can i view total XCN supply?

The award is about 243. Use getblockcount which as of right now yields 2200 so 2200*243=534600 xcn right now

Really ? Blocks are being generated too fast, we're at 2200+ now but it is supposed to be around 900.

No its not, as long as the nethash grows there no way to be on "correct" difficulty, this takes some time. Making the diff too fast adjusting is dangerous.

is there a way to generate a "rich list" or somehow explore the wallet addresses. 

i dont want to jump to any conclusions, but it seems like the early mining might not have been distributed that well.  one of the things i liked about this coin i show the launch seemed like it was going to spread the coins out more than IPO launches.  but i wonder if it did the opposite.  some people with massive CPU farms or botnets?

Theres no way to prevent that, theres always someone with more resources like you and well everyone can use for example cloudmining.
It costs money like gpu mining or whatever else and its risky, it may or may not pay out in the end.

You depend on a lot of greedy miners to secure the network, thats it, the more greed the better basically in terms of network security Wink

syyyn

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2014, 03:42:56 PM

Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Huh Huh Huh Huh Grin Grin Grin Grin Fail.
watuba

Activity: 211

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 03:43:25 PM

Theres no way to prevent that, theres always someone with more resources like you and well everyone can use for example cloudmining.
It costs money like gpu mining or whatever else and its risky, it may or may not pay out in the end.

You depend on a lot of greedy miners to secure the network, thats it, the more greed the better basically in terms of network security Wink

Shaping up to be a really secure network then!

Frangomel
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

FreshTheGame

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 03:45:39 PM

My wallet windows qt is working but always on wrong chain. I deleted whole appdata directory and with every start always wrong chain. When I type getinfo into console it shows diff 1.0000. Is there something I am doing wrong or maybe to add nodes on config file?Huh
Primitive

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 03:47:07 PM

My wallet windows qt is working but always on wrong chain. I deleted whole appdata directory and with every start always wrong chain. When I type getinfo into console it shows diff 1.0000. Is there something I am doing wrong or maybe to add nodes on config file?Huh

before you put too much effort in...  consider that it might take you a week+ to mine a single block.  the network seems to be dominated by pro miners.

NEM, LSK, STRAT
othe

Activity: 532

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 03:49:23 PM

Shaping up to be a really secure network then!

Well,

There are roughly around 1000 low/midrange cpus mining atm.
(Divide the nethash / yourminingspeed and you will see).

Mouse020

Activity: 303
Merit: 250

No one like you

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 03:57:42 PM

It will hit 1GBH/S
Wow
"networkhashps" : 84 281 2817,

ThatDandyMan

Activity: 175
Merit: 104

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 04:07:29 PM

Assertion failed!

Program win64_cryptonite-qt_14072801.exe
File: trieview.cpp, Line 26

Expression: fread(&m_bestBlock,1,32,filein)>0

Dev, can you have a look at it?

Quite a lot of people encounter this problem, in win8.

DEV do not care about that, they just mining and sell!!

No need to spread FUD buddy. If you join the IRC you'd see what the devs are doing to help the coin. Smiley
Hix
Legendary

Activity: 1971
Merit: 1036

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 04:09:07 PM

Really crazy diff for CPU coin Smiley

Hash network
Stormbringer

Activity: 210

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 04:20:34 PM

thanks for exposing scammer.

BTC:14aefvedNKjJJoHZ8Pv5LqXqjj5Nprd89d
bitwho
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 04:25:43 PM

great. the network hashrate is too high. gpu must be out. please share it.
DonQuijote
Legendary

Activity: 1551
Merit: 1002

♠ ♥ ♣ ♦ < ♛♚&#

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 04:28:21 PM

The new way to instamine.  Give your buddies working builds and source so they can mine.  Post nonworking builds and source for everyone else.   Ignore requests for working nodes so that nobody else can sync up to the correct fork.  Claim everything is perfect.  I wouldn't have these thoughts if it wasn't for the amount of people.  Many of them long time members having problems compiling or getting synced up.  Then DEv says they have only mined 2 blocks themselves and all is good.  No relaunch.  It's your fault you used the binaries provided that won't sync to the correct fork.  You wasted your time?  Oh well.  Me and my buddies have most of the coins.  We're just waiting to get listed on exchange so we can dump and run.

The coin launch was a joke and a relaunch should have happened.

Dev says spent tens of thousands on development and launches with non working binaries and buggy source code that people couldn't compile.

Like I said earlier.  Could have been good but now it's just another shitcoin mined by a few people in on the scam.

I don't have many friends on this forum and I'll likely have even more enemies after this post but it's clear as day what's going on here.  This was a planned unfair launch so a few could get a jump on mining while the difficulty was low.  Even a blind monkey could see this.

THE INGENIOUS GENTLEMAN DON QUIXOTE OF LA MANCHA
♠ ♥ ♣ ♦ < ♛♚♝♞♜ BTC tip: 39gUUFdJBdKWXnLoh3PMNX9eUz3DwakBKq
ThatDandyMan

Activity: 175
Merit: 104

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 04:38:18 PM

The new way to instamine.  Give your buddies working builds and source so they can mine.  Post nonworking builds and source for everyone else.   Ignore requests for working nodes so that nobody else can sync up to the correct fork.  Claim everything is perfect.  I wouldn't have these thoughts if it wasn't for the amount of people.  Many of them long time members having problems compiling or getting synced up.  Then DEv says they have only mined 2 blocks themselves and all is good.  No relaunch.  It's your fault you used the binaries provided that won't sync to the correct fork.  You wasted your time?  Oh well.  Me and my buddies have most of the coins.  We're just waiting to get listed on exchange so we can dump and run.

Dev says spent tens of thousands on development and launches with non working binaries and buggy source code that people couldn't compile.

Like I said earlier.  Could have been good but now it's just another shitcoin mined by a few people in on the scam.

I don't have many friends on this forum and I'll likely have even more enemies after this post but it's clear as day what's going on here.  This was a planned unfair launch so a few could get a jump on mining while the difficulty was low.  Even a blind monkey could see this.

I was the one who instamined 6 or so blocks before anyone else got on the network, not the devs. The Windows build worked perfectly until block 443 when the net hash went too high, a problem the devs could not have fixed in the testnet.
watuba

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 04:40:32 PM

I was the one who instamined 6 or so blocks before anyone else got on the network, not the devs. The Windows build worked perfectly until block 443 when the net hash went too high, a problem the devs could not have fixed in the testnet.

Man, those could be collectibles someday.  It's too bad you can't sell those coins as collectibles for more or something.

watuba

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 04:47:49 PM

The new way to instamine.  Give your buddies working builds and source so they can mine.  Post nonworking builds and source for everyone else.   Ignore requests for working nodes so that nobody else can sync up to the correct fork.  Claim everything is perfect.  I wouldn't have these thoughts if it wasn't for the amount of people.  Many of them long time members having problems compiling or getting synced up.  Then DEv says they have only mined 2 blocks themselves and all is good.  No relaunch.  It's your fault you used the binaries provided that won't sync to the correct fork.  You wasted your time?  Oh well.  Me and my buddies have most of the coins.  We're just waiting to get listed on exchange so we can dump and run.

Like I said earlier.  Could have been good but now it's just another shitcoin mined by a few people in on the scam.

I don't have many friends on this forum and I'll likely have even more enemies after this post but it's clear as day what's going on here.  This was a planned unfair launch so a few could get a jump on mining while the difficulty was low.  Even a blind monkey could see this.

There was a thread for over a month where the developers were vetting the code and everyone had a chance to help out and get things running smoothly on their computers.  It's a completely new tech, and yet surprisingly easy to get running on Linux(one dependency different than bitcoin itself).  

Please don't over-exaggerate the two hours that the Windows miners were locked out.  For weeks there was a test Linux client available to all.  For those of you who joined today and are just in it for a quick profit, move along.  For anyone else sincerely interested in getting some coins, there's already a good trading thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=713718.0

Primitive

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 04:53:03 PM

Please don't over-exaggerate the two hours that the Windows miners were locked out.

i was one of those people and it was pretty sucky.  i won 2 blocks pretty easily, then when the fork hit at block ~450, i got forked and since then - despite great effort - have been unable to mine a single block.  now that the diff is so high i think i have to buy from other miners.

not the end of the world, but please dont dismiss the frustration of the windows miners.  we did basically get screwed.

NEM, LSK, STRAT
Primitive

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 04:54:59 PM

does the number of active connections matter?  is this the same as nodes?  as long as i'm synched and on the right block, is it ok to only have 1 or 2 active connections?

NEM, LSK, STRAT
shojayxt
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 04:58:09 PM

The new way to instamine.  Give your buddies working builds and source so they can mine.  Post nonworking builds and source for everyone else.   Ignore requests for working nodes so that nobody else can sync up to the correct fork.  Claim everything is perfect.  I wouldn't have these thoughts if it wasn't for the amount of people.  Many of them long time members having problems compiling or getting synced up.  Then DEv says they have only mined 2 blocks themselves and all is good.  No relaunch.  It's your fault you used the binaries provided that won't sync to the correct fork.  You wasted your time?  Oh well.  Me and my buddies have most of the coins.  We're just waiting to get listed on exchange so we can dump and run.

Like I said earlier.  Could have been good but now it's just another shitcoin mined by a few people in on the scam.

I don't have many friends on this forum and I'll likely have even more enemies after this post but it's clear as day what's going on here.  This was a planned unfair launch so a few could get a jump on mining while the difficulty was low.  Even a blind monkey could see this.

There was a thread for over a month where the developers were working on the code and everyone had a chance to help out and get things running smoothly on their computers.  It's a completely new tech, and yet surprisingly easy to get running on Linux(not that different than bitcoin itself).  

Please don't over-exaggerate the two hours that the Windows miners were locked out.  For weeks there was a test Linux client available to all.  For those of you who joined today and are just in it for a quick profit, move along.  For anyone else sincerely interested in getting some coins, there's already a good trading thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=713718.0

What about all the posts from people that couldn't compile the source?  These were not new members but people that know their way around compiling source.  I tried on three different boxes and got build errors on all of them.  Also, why did the requests for a working node go unanswered?  I was sincerely interested in mining this coin but there were some serious obstacles that many people were having.

The Windows users that wasted hours trying to mine this coin will likely feel different about being "locked out".  Then there are the ones that were mining only to find out that the coin was forking and all their coins were worthless or disappeared when they finally got on the correct fork after the difficulty was so high that they couldn't get any coins.  So I don't think I'm exaggerating at all.

The first few pages of the two threads for this coin says it all.   But like every other shitcoin there will be a base of fanboys claiming it's the best thing since sliced bread.  Nothing new here.    
Primitive

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 04:59:36 PM

But like every other shitcoin there will be a base of fanboys claiming it's the best thing since sliced bread.  Nothing new here.    

i dont think this is a shitcoin, but its silly to pretend the launch went even close to smoothly.

NEM, LSK, STRAT
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 186 »
  Print  

Jump to: