Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:58:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 ... 186 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XCN] Cryptonite | 1st mini-blockchain coin | M7 PoW | No Premine  (Read 578440 times)
rhkazani1

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 07:40:08 PM

What a useless coin, I am sure our friend "Hero Member" has made tons of BTC from this, Coins from newbie are better than this!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2014, 08:10:49 PM

What a useless coin, I am sure our friend "Hero Member" has made tons of BTC from this, Coins from newbie are better than this!

You sound exactly like the Buttcoin people talking about Bitcoin for the last 5 years.  They didn't listen in 2009 and they are still bitter about it.   Cheesy

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2014, 08:21:04 PM

the price can really only be found when there is full market distribution participation as at that point the free market distribution forces will be at their strongest.

but i hope that BitFreak is in some way in future compensated correctly for his beautiful innovation here.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
rhkazani1

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 08:38:31 PM
Last edit: August 22, 2014, 08:57:45 PM by rhkazani1

You sound exactly like the Buttcoin people talking about Bitcoin for the last 5 years.  They didn't listen in 2009 and they are still bitter about it.   Cheesy

Bitcoin = 21 Mil
XCN: 1.8 Billion Coin

Do your math!

At least compare apples to apples?

Edit: XCN can't even hold its value....
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 09:05:19 PM

Bitcoin = 21 Mil

Who cares? That just means that 1 XCN is roughly comparable to 1 BTC-cent or 10 millibits. It's all relative.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2014, 11:24:22 PM

XCN can't even hold its value....

When BTC crashed from $30 to $5 the haters said the same thing... Of course a noob like you won't remember that, but some of us have seen this movie before.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
stormia

Activity: 868

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 11:33:12 PM

How does one make "tons of BTC" from a young coin with no premine? Please, try not to look too much like an idiot if you want your criticisms to be regarded as anything other than a joke or the rantings of an imbecile.
polanskiman

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 12:59:23 AM
Last edit: August 23, 2014, 02:28:06 AM by polanskiman

You sound exactly like the Buttcoin people talking about Bitcoin for the last 5 years.  They didn't listen in 2009 and they are still bitter about it.   Cheesy

Bitcoin = 21 Mil

Do your math!

At least compare apples to apples?

Edit: XCN can't even hold its value....

One of the stupidest comments I've read so far.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 10:12:16 AM

Hit 5.2MH/s to 5.3MH/s per 750Ti: https://ottrbutt.com/tmp/xcnwolf750ti10.png

consumption? the ratio should be 1:1, so unless you have free power, it's pointless if you are reaching those value with oc only

OC doesn't matter with my miner.

your hash boost is only due to farther optimization of the code? that's good
bitfreak! (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1536

electronic [r]evolution

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 12:45:46 PM

1. Set bounties for miners for all card types and operating systems.
See: Cryptonite bounty thread - ideas and donations for important projects

2. Start a promotion campaign asap.
I have already spent more than 20 BTC out of my own pocket on the development of Cryptonite, I am deeply in the negative right now, and when I have a thread full of trolls saying that I'm a scammer and I must have "made tons of BTC from this", it doesn't give me much incentive to spend even more of my own money on promotion. I will see what I can do however, because you're right, we could use some promotion right now. I would appreciate donations to the mini-blockchain project address to help fund promotion: CcFE7EWRuBVe4FrJoVJyEeW5GvZZ4spNqN

XCN: CYsvPpb2YuyAib5ay9GJXU8j3nwohbttTz | BTC: 18MWPVJA9mFLPFT3zht5twuNQmZBDzHoWF
Cryptonite - 1st mini-blockchain altcoin | BitShop - digital shop script
Web Developer - PHP, SQL, JS, AJAX, JSON, XML, RSS, HTML, CSS
heskey

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 12:59:55 PM

I think the current strategy is a big problem either because it is ridiculous or non existent at all. The coin is starting to collapse.

I suggest:

Or find a way to cut the supply ASAP.

Collapse is a strong word. Sure the price is still shrinking, but we have to remember that the coin is still very young. I think we should focus on fortifying the technology and make it as bullet-proof as possible. That way we wont have to fear the competition when other mini-blockchain coins starts to appear.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
yellowduck2

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 01:03:23 PM
Last edit: August 23, 2014, 01:17:16 PM by yellowduck2

See: Cryptonite bounty thread - ideas and donations for important projects

I have already spent more than 20 BTC out of my own pocket on the development of Cryptonite, I am deeply in the negative right now, and when I have a thread full of trolls saying that I'm a scammer and I must have "made tons of BTC from this", it doesn't give me much incentive to spend even more of my own money on promotion. I will see what I can do however, because you're right, we could use some promotion right now. I would appreciate donations to the mini-blockchain project address to help fund promotion: CcFE7EWRuBVe4FrJoVJyEeW5GvZZ4spNqN

So u mean u run out of cash for future development ?

The problem is u need constant new development for PoW that run forever. Or else u will see what u are seeing now. Price tank without new development , and u need constant BTC to feed PoW that run forever.

Current buy support can only last for a few days or maybe a week.

And we haven't even see AMD farm coming in. Once there is a miner for AMD, expect the worst.

So the question is, by having AMD miner will save the coin ?
bitfreak! (OP)
Legendary

electronic [r]evolution

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 01:33:03 PM

I still have a reserve of BTC for future development, but not promotion. People need to remember that Cryptonite is an open source project, not a business or corporation (as many altcoins try to be), and eventually I wont be able to continue spending my own money on development. We already have all the features we intended to include in Cryptonite anyway, the only real development left to do is optimization.

The problem is u need constant new development for PoW that run forever.
Cryptonite does not have infinite inflation.

XCN: CYsvPpb2YuyAib5ay9GJXU8j3nwohbttTz | BTC: 18MWPVJA9mFLPFT3zht5twuNQmZBDzHoWF
heskey

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 01:46:22 PM

Lets try to figure out what this coin needs.

I believe you bitfreak!, should continue the development of technology to make safe and accessible.

Then we have a list of other things we could do to get the momentum going:

• Make it simpler to install the software, myself and others like when you just have to click install->next->complete
  • A graphical video explanation of the technology
  • A community website.
  • Create a competition for a new logo.(gets people involved)
  • Web-wallet
  • Etc.

I also think that the name would be better if it was cut off to just "Cryptocoin". Sure enough, there is already a coin called that: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=438691.0
But seriously, it was dead before it even came alive... Just steal the frikkin name Wink

→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
yellowduck2

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 01:47:47 PM

I still have a reserve of BTC for future development, but not promotion. People need to remember that Cryptonite is an open source project, not a business or corporation (as many altcoins try to be), and eventually I wont be able to continue spending my own money on development. We already have all the features we intended to include in Cryptonite anyway, the only real development left to do is optimization.

1 year is a long time on crypto.

10 years to 1st halve is as good as forever.
yellowduck2

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 01:52:08 PM

I believe you bitfreak!, should continue the development of technology to make safe and accessible.

• Make it simpler to install the software, myself and others like when you just have to click install->next->complete
  • A community website.
  • Web-wallet
  • Etc.

I also think that the name would be better if it was cut off to just "Cryptocoin". Sure enough, there is already a coin called that: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=438691.0
But seriously, it was dead before it even came alive... Just steal the frikkin name Wink

Yes. Crytonite is really a bad name for this coin. Rebranding is needed.
heskey

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 01:52:29 PM

But it ensures the incentive to mine it, and at the same time makes the distribution more wide-spread and fair.
(Who gives a crap about people crying about not getting 99% of the cake just because they started to mine it before everybody else)

→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
heskey

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 01:56:36 PM

• A community website.
  • Web-wallet
  • Etc.

Yes. Crytonite is really a bad name for this coin. Rebranding is needed.
"Crypton" is still available without stealing.

→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
bitfreak! (OP)
Legendary

electronic [r]evolution

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 01:58:44 PM

There are no halving points, the block reward gets lower every single block. It's already about 1.5 XCN lower than what it started as. After 10 years it will be half of what it started as.

bitfreak! (OP)
Legendary

electronic [r]evolution

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 02:04:53 PM

• A community website.
  • Web-wallet
  • Etc.
1) It's only difficult to run if you want to compile it yourself. If you use the pre-compiled binaries the installation process is that simple.
2) Good idea. I did make a video about the mini-blockchain scheme some time ago, but I removed it because it was outdated. I will try to make another video soon.
3) A community forum will be available at the official website soon. But for now it's easier to keep discussion in this thread.
4) A bounty was already paid to develop the logo, we don't need a new logo and changing the name of the coin now is completely out of the question, it would be a terrible move.
5) I'm working on it.

Pages: « 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 ... 186 »
  Print  

Jump to: