Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:12:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 [110] 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VOOT] X11 VootCoin | Nitesend | Tor | Voot Foundation |  (Read 139909 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
gullu

Activity: 456
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 03:27:06 AM

For those wo are not aware, SNCS has the lead role of Voot Foundation.

I will also be here to support the community as much as i can. Been here since start and not planning to leave anytime soon, this is longterm.
With a bigger team we can assist the community better, we have already setup a good organization so everyone onboard have the latest information.

In my work the computer is not far away and the cell is with me where irc is running 24/7.
With our different timezones there will almost always be someone online to assist.

We will bring more clarity to roles in the VootFoundation soon.

All the best!

I will need to quote my own post.

As axedcode is writing we have no official leader that's giving directions.  Sncs is more of a founder and has helped getting us organized.

Saw an earlier post where a guy was disappointed on how the whole foundation project came alive.
-Edit  and  you above

Well this is not something that have been planned, these are people who have been active during this storm and really care about Voot.
We all have different backgrounds and are working together for the best of Voot. Isn't that good enough?

oh! so you mean i don't care about voot. nice.
no. it's not good enough. if founding of the foundation was transparent and all members of voot community were given the opportunity to have their inputs in the matter then it would be more then good enough for me.

We are not closing any doors, we are here, meet us in irc, send us questions, send ideas.
More people will be needed in the foundation.

you(all of the so called vf members) have locked the door from inside. so far you and axedcode are clearly not willing to do things the right way. both of you aren't open to give up the power by repeating each others words: "More people will be needed in the foundation."

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
gullu

Activity: 456
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 03:32:17 AM

This event happened as people were scrambling and it appeared an exchange would not be ready for the bounty deadline. This was not planned. It was decided upon at the spur of the moment by jefferson and everyone involved in the IRC channel during this time of panic. As said, this is only temporary. We needed to form a community bond in order to work together, instead of being fed lies passed down from the devs to the PR team, putting a lot of stress on PR and investors thinking they were lying. At the moment VOOT has no dev. What VOOT has is us working together.
my point of view is very simple.
personally, i don't care if "It was decided upon at the spur of the moment...".
you or any other so called voot foundation members can not speak on my behalf.

I DID NOT GET TO VOTE any one of you in.

I understand your point of view but we need to make everything clear

-MsCollec paid smoketeam for AnonEX and Cloud
-MsCollec called jefferson as PR man, jefferson recruited whale
i don't think so. from what i recall, whale contacted MsCollec for twitter management duties and MsCollec granted it. and, who knew whale would lock MsCollec out of twitter? amazing.
-On IRC, MsCollec told that he don't want to be involved in voot anymore (correct me if i'm wrong) , but he paid smoketeam so I hope he can still help a bit to clarify the situation and help with the features he paid for

So who is legitimate in the story? Who got the keys? Seems that it's MsCollec...

Bitcycle

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 03:35:05 AM

So as this coin enters its final death spiral, everyone's brilliant plan seems to be to raise the level of infighting.

I'm sure that will turn things around.  Excellent approach.

Starving_Marvin

Activity: 511

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 04:01:23 AM

what does "Fork the coin, as 100% community-driven" mean in practice? What are the major drawbacks?

fox19891989

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 04:38:10 AM

what does "Fork the coin, as 100% community-driven" mean in practice? What are the major drawbacks?

price goes down, maybe
brookefinancial

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 04:42:45 AM

The anon exchange is not very important its hard to start an exchange, get recognition, pick up trading volume...especially if your name is VOOT.

You guys should focus on restarting this coin, new dev, new plan.

3D Printing and Bitcoin, that's pretty cool.
fox19891989

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 04:44:01 AM

The anon exchange is not very important its hard to start an exchange, get recognition, pick up trading volume...especially if your name is VOOT.

You guys should focus on restarting this coin, new dev, new plan.

+1, we need new dev team, vootcloud and vootmarket asap
Walrusbonzo

Activity: 682
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 05:35:33 AM

Voted for this shower of shit.

I say this because the whole organisation of the exchange release and who runs it in the future is a disaster. MsCollec and SmokeTeam between them have royally dropped the ball.

If the community takes on the exchange it absolutely has to take ownership of the code, the whole site. Everything, and no involvement from Smoke or MsCollec at all.

I personally wouldn't trust using the exchange with any of them involved.

So how do we get it? They proposed we buy it? I thought MsCollec paid for them to develop it from community funds? What exactly is the story here?

Unless we can take full control of it I say fuck it, fork the coin, change it's name(VOOT has been dragged through the dirt enough).

Get new devs, a new team and let's start a new coin run by honest people.
fox19891989

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 05:50:00 AM

Voted for this shower of shit.

I say this because the whole organisation of the exchange release and who runs it in the future is a disaster. MsCollec and SmokeTeam between them have royally dropped the ball.

If the community takes on the exchange it absolutely has to take ownership of the code, the whole site. Everything, and no involvement from Smoke or MsCollec at all.

I personally wouldn't trust using the exchange with any of them involved.

So how do we get it? They proposed we buy it? I thought MsCollec paid for them to develop it from community funds? What exactly is the story here?

Unless we can take full control of it I say fuck it, fork the coin, change it's name(VOOT has been dragged through the dirt enough).

Get new devs, a new team and let's start a new coin run by honest people.

yep, rebranding is cool, like sum-sum2-nav. Summercoin team made the dead coin to survive, we will do better.
vonuke

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

I'm on the moon

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 05:58:29 AM

Exchange,btc38 this is not important for vootcoin if big hands Strong hands for voot if the boiler could be but i learn somethin for dev says nothing nobody knows 28millons coins only one hand and he or them buy buy buy tons of cheap coin they only wait everybodys are when out voot prices rise rise rise i believe it and i saw
fox19891989

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 06:56:04 AM

We need a doctor, doctor, to bring us back to life. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VA770wpLX-Q Sad
deephouse

Activity: 280

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 09:15:26 AM

ANON EXCHANGE
As far as I know, the problem lies between the agreement between Mscollec and Smoke. No one is 100% sure on it, and we are lacking Mscollec's response. Based on what I can tell, Mscollec only paid Smoke team to code and create the exchange but the ownership of the exchange lies with Smoke team.  This is kinda strange, because normally when you employ someone to create a website for you, it is understood/normal practice that, the provider of the funds is the owner.

I believe this is the issue with Smoke not handing over the exchange and needs someone to 'buy off' the exchange from them. Mscollec can quote me here, if my understanding is wrong.

It's strange to see smoke take this approach, and especially if they aren't allowing the code review, no one will deposit coins in that exchange.

VOOT FOUNDATION
Regarding the voot foundation, I know some of you are surprised that there has been no voting done. Please note that everyone except Whale and Jeff are temporary members and no these temp members are not power hungry & remain in their position for ever. Aim for this temp voot foundation, is to moderate and stabilize the situation. Once we get a clear sense of direction, we can formally go for a voot foundation election.

Jeff is also working on bringing his dev friend on board to take over this coin.

Bitcycle

Activity: 420

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 09:27:03 AM

If you remember that Smoke team wants to start their own coin, the "difficulties" in negotiation become a lot clearer.

deephouse

Activity: 280

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 10:42:54 AM

Really disappointed with the smoke team and especially their communication style.

This is like, if I employee & pay a contractor to build a house for me and after completing of the house, I have to pay them again to take ownership of the house  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes. Smoke team where employed to build & hand over the anon exchange and not lease or resell it to the Voot community.

@Smoke team,

please speak up! extorting the voot community is not the correct approach for the benefit of the coin and for  your reputation.

kalenen

Activity: 404

Beware

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 10:54:01 AM

For those wo are not aware, SNCS has the lead role of Voot Foundation.

I will also be here to support the community as much as i can. Been here since start and not planning to leave anytime soon, this is longterm.
With a bigger team we can assist the community better, we have already setup a good organization so everyone onboard have the latest information.

In my work the computer is not far away and the cell is with me where irc is running 24/7.
With our different timezones there will almost always be someone online to assist.

We will bring more clarity to roles in the VootFoundation soon.

All the best!

I will need to quote my own post.

As axedcode is writing we have no official leader that's giving directions.  Sncs is more of a founder and has helped getting us organized.

Saw an earlier post where a guy was disappointed on how the whole foundation project came alive.
-Edit  and  you above

Well this is not something that have been planned, these are people who have been active during this storm and really care about Voot.
We all have different backgrounds and are working together for the best of Voot. Isn't that good enough?

oh! so you mean i don't care about voot. nice.
no. it's not good enough. if founding of the foundation was transparent and all members of voot community were given the opportunity to have their inputs in the matter then it would be more then good enough for me.

We are not closing any doors, we are here, meet us in irc, send us questions, send ideas.
More people will be needed in the foundation.

you(all of the so called vf members) have locked the door from inside. so far you and axedcode are clearly not willing to do things the right way. both of you aren't open to give up the power by repeating each others words: "More people will be needed in the foundation."

I do wonder why you are so angry. Isn't this a great initiative to get Voot on track.

We are not power hungry,  we're just ordinary people that wanted to do something about this mess.
I'm just here to help, i could do a lot of other stuff with my free time.

I have invested in Voot and could have abandoned a long time ago, i didnt.
Now here we are and this is just a temporary solution,  the current organization is not set in stone.

www.bitmexscam.com
3HU5qQsR9fw4ptqGrssyDPinoRTfWAckxq
sncs

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 11:18:57 AM

This event happened as people were scrambling and it appeared an exchange would not be ready for the bounty deadline. This was not planned. It was decided upon at the spur of the moment by jefferson and everyone involved in the IRC channel during this time of panic. As said, this is only temporary. We needed to form a community bond in order to work together, instead of being fed lies passed down from the devs to the PR team, putting a lot of stress on PR and investors thinking they were lying. At the moment VOOT has no dev. What VOOT has is us working together.
my point of view is very simple.
personally, i don't care if "It was decided upon at the spur of the moment...".
you or any other so called voot foundation members can not speak on my behalf.

I DID NOT GET TO VOTE any one of you in.

The initiative to start the Voot Foundation asap was in the best intentions of VOOT. If we were to drag this on, who knows what would have happened. People were already losing confidence and wanted to see actions, not plans.

As many members mentioned, none of the memberships are set in stone.

So, instead of having a hissy fit why not join us on IRC and help out? It would be way more productive then throwing tantrums left and right..
jeffersonairplane (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1522

www.bitkong.com

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 11:59:11 AM

Okay, so to clarify, neither me or whale123 has the source or to vootcoin or the anon exchange.

I personally vote for to fork the code seeing as how unresponsive SMOKE and MsCollec are. They are simply not in any shape to continue with this coin. I refuse to pay anything else just to receive the dodgey looking anon exchange SMOKE devs have set up. Now that I've seen it, I know it was a bad idea to begin with. It does not add much value to voot seeing how it is just a regular exchange. I also doubt it's unique code as it had "ecoinstrader" or something branded on it.

But enough about that, at this point the anon exchange does not matter. I don't think Voot needs it. What we need now are new community leaders, we need the entire community to make a decision we can all be happy with. The preliminary Voot Foundation was formed by a few members here to get things started. I understand some of you may be unhappy that these decisions were made a bit too hastily but we must act fast. We need to get things moving ,get the coin forked and have it in the possession of the community, at least then we can make progress. We won't get anywhere waiting for MsCollec or SMOKE to respond to our questions one by one.

So, from this post on ,I want to hear everyone's opinion. If you have any persons you wish to elect to be part of the Voot Foundation, even if it is yourself, post it here and tell us WHY.

You guys will need to let me know what types of votings we should have. Decisions should now be made as a community. I will following the thread more closely but keep the FUD and garbage/off-topic shit to a minimum, PLEASE.

BTCitcointalk
.    ██████████████████████████████████
                                                                 ██
                                                               ███   ██
                                                      ██      ███  ███
                                                     ███     ██  ███  ██
    ▄▄████▄▄    █▌                                         ███  ██  ██
  ██▀       ▀▀  █▌                                   ▀▀   ██▌███  ███ ██
▄█              █▌  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄   ▄   ▄▄▄█▄████████ ████   
█▌              ███▀.   ██    ██     ▀███   ███▀
   ████████████████      ▐█
█               ██       █   ██        ██   ██
     █████████▌██████       ▐█
█▌              █▌       █▌  █         ██   ██
      ██████████▀   █       ▐█
 █▄             █▌       █▌
█████████████████████████████████▌     █       ██
  ▀██▄     ▄██  ██
████████▌██████████████████████████████████     ██▄   ▄███
     ▀████▀▀████████████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████               ██▄▀▀██    ▀▀▀  ██
   ███▀▀▄▄▄█████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██████▄     ██
 ███▄▄██████████▀                                                 ▀█████▀▀
                                                                        ███

█████████████████████████████
Program

❤️
Give Hope To Everyone
━━━━━━━» $1 Is A Big Thing For Them

❤️
john2014incrypto

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 12:05:43 PM

Okay, so to clarify, neither me or whale123 has the source or to vootcoin or the anon exchange.

I personally vote for to fork the code seeing as how unresponsive SMOKE and MsCollec are.

i dont get what relation have the problems with smoke and mscollec, with a hard fork.
Can you explain this point?

As far i know the current wallet version is created by nite69 who is a trusted dev in bitcointalk
and we can contact directly him, without depending from mscollec.

I vote for go beyond mscollec and smoke, but we dont need fork the coin to do it, but contact nite69
malexls

Activity: 120

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 12:07:07 PM

finally we moving on

people should post what they can do and their motivations, you (jefferson) chose them and then do an internal election for leader(s)
DrSnAzZy

Activity: 112

VootCoin PR/IRC Admin

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 12:19:08 PM

I personally vote for to fork the code seeing as how unresponsive SMOKE and MsCollec are.

i dont get what relation have the problems with smoke and mscollec, with a hard fork.
Can you explain this point?

As far i know the current wallet version is created by nite69 who is a trusted dev in bitcointalk
and we can contact directly him, without depending from mscollec.

I vote for go beyond mscollec and smoke, but we dont need fork the coin to do it, but contact nite69

This is true, Nite69 did make the wallet. I have been in contact with him prior and will shoot him a pm. I will keep you all updated as to what he says our options are. Smiley he helped me diagnose and fix my voot wallet when I had "wallet.dat corrupt" by compiling a special wallet for me to use so he knows what he's doing. Smiley

Vootcoin!
Pages: « 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 [110] 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 »
  Print  

Jump to: