Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:26:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 [204] 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 ... 434 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes  (Read 810025 times)
soundwallet

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 02:24:59 AM

Can we just ignore and not feed that hippo and talk about something serious ?

"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2015, 02:27:49 AM

Well done Mr. Spread!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg9842069#msg9842069

Man, I'm feeling better and better about owning SPR!
More and more DRK fans may join SPR. Grin

I'll be running DRK and SPR Masternodes side by side on all my VPS instances. Plus a few new ones... Smiley

(Don't worry guys, setting up and running a Masternode is really easy.)
so exactly what is a masternode? and what does it cost to own one? Also do we need to mine this coin to have a msternode? Also what would the price be for a masternode 500 SpreadCoin for each one?
Here is a great explanation on what a masternode is and how it works... Basically everything you need to know.

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/darkcoin-update-masternode-requirements-masternode-payments.225/

Edit:
What's so good about having a masternode?

EVERTHING ! .. if you're one of the few who were allowed to instamine the freakin crap out DRK.

I was disappointed when I learned about the SPR gpu miner and private key mining option. Now this masternode talk is making me cringe.

Are you guys done with centralizing this alleged decentralized coin ? Whats next ? Huh
He even admits DRK was instamined.
NoobKidOnTheBlock

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 02:29:28 AM

Can we just ignore and not feed that hippo and talk about something serious ?
I agree lets not feed into whatever he is trying to say about this coin and keep this thread on a positive and upbeat note Wink I never got into SpreadCoin until I think like end of November or early December and I haven't had a single complaint about anything that this coin has been doing or having to buy all my SpreadCoin because I lack the mining power to mine the coins myself.  I am quite content with the coin and the community and the progress that is being made with this coin and quite fortunate that the majority of my coins I was able to score right before majority of people have caught wind of this coin because I know that if everything goes according to plan this coin will be worth the investment Smiley Until then I will continue to SPREAD the word about this wonderful coin and it's very helpful community Smiley Cheers

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇
............NoobKidOnThe.BLOCK.....

soundwallet

Activity: 121

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 02:33:16 AM

Well done Mr. Spread!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg9842069#msg9842069

Man, I'm feeling better and better about owning SPR!
More and more DRK fans may join SPR. Grin

I'll be running DRK and SPR Masternodes side by side on all my VPS instances. Plus a few new ones... Smiley

(Don't worry guys, setting up and running a Masternode is really easy.)
so exactly what is a masternode? and what does it cost to own one? Also do we need to mine this coin to have a msternode? Also what would the price be for a masternode 500 SpreadCoin for each one?
Here is a great explanation on what a masternode is and how it works... Basically everything you need to know.

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/darkcoin-update-masternode-requirements-masternode-payments.225/

Edit:
What's so good about having a masternode?

EVERTHING ! .. if you're one of the few who were allowed to instamine the freakin crap out DRK.

I was disappointed when I learned about the SPR gpu miner and private key mining option. Now this masternode talk is making me cringe.

Are you guys done with centralizing this alleged decentralized coin ? Whats next ? Huh
He even admits DRK was instamined.
In this point ,he is right ,DRK WAS instamined within the first 24hour and the first weeks.

Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2015, 06:44:08 AM

Bad news  Sad
I was too careless and lost all my mined spreadcoins. I contacted several data recovery companies and most probably it will be impossible to recover my wallet. Without these spreadcoins I will have no incentive to futher develop and support SpreadCoin.

Sorry for wasting your time with this cryptocurrency Sad

I think I found a way to recover my spreadcoins but you may not like it.

As I lost my wallet.dat I don't know exactly what blocks I mined and exactly how many coins I had.
I can approximately determine block before which my lost coins are situated. Everyone who have mined coins before this block will send them to him/herself (this can be made automatic). This will mean that this coins are not mine. Then, using some hack and releasing a new client I can send myself amount of the rest coins (or maybe less, say 80%).

This rasises two concerns:
1. What if someone will forgot to send coins to him/herself? These coins will still be spendable so he/she will not lost them. This raises the second concern:
2. What if I am a scammer and want just to double my coins, keeping old ones and getting new ones? The only way to prevent this that I see is to limit the percentage of presumably lost coins that can be spend but this is not trivial.

What do you think about such a plan? Is it acceptable in you opinion?

P.S. This way there is no need for anyone to donate coins to me.

And you guys fell for this ?! Shocked

You allegedly easymined 80k during the first month and neglected to create a single back up ?

No cold storage. Nary a private key to be found.

GTFO !

MemoryShock

Activity: 728

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 08:15:11 AM
Last edit: January 26, 2015, 08:28:44 AM by MemoryShock

This happened less than a page after the quotes you provided (a month or so after launch)...I'm not sure if we are supposed to be discussing conspiracy here but it seems that the issue was dismissed...

As I lost my wallet.dat I don't know exactly what blocks I mined and exactly how many coins I had.
I can approximately determine block before which my lost coins are situated. Everyone who have mined coins before this block will send them to him/herself (this can be made automatic). This will mean that this coins are not mine. Then, using some hack and releasing a new client I can send myself amount of the rest coins (or maybe less, say 80%).

1. What if someone will forgot to send coins to him/herself? These coins will still be spendable so he/she will not lost them. This raises the second concern:
2. What if I am a scammer and want just to double my coins, keeping old ones and getting new ones? The only way to prevent this that I see is to limit the percentage of presumably lost coins that can be spend but this is not trivial.

This would be a hell of a lot of work for everyone, and would also lower the credibility of the coin and kill it for good. I stick with the donations. As I said, i can setup a pool and have like 10% of the coins mined donated to you. Can you estimate how much was lost? I think knowing that amount is essential to making the decision.
Yeah, this was bad idea. I was mining from the beginning on several PCs, there were about 80k coins.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=715435.msg8599670#msg8599670
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you have proof that the former proposition went forward then post it.  Otherwise, conjecture is kind of predictable and lost on me (Omission of information is a bummer of a birthmark)...because it looks like the issue was dismissed and community supported.

Meanwhile, if Mr Spread can't code MasterNodes the way he claims then your arguments are moot.  If he can then I suppose they are still moot.

Cheers!

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  I/O DIGITAL
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
iodigital.io & iocoin.io

█████████████████
███████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████
█████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 09:16:32 AM

Yes, lets encourage people to blindly trust someone who we know absolutely nothing about and, just like eduffield, continually makes insider/whale friendly changes. NO ONE will ever get scammed that way ! Genius ! Roll Eyes

Btw.. how secure and decentralized do your precious MNs look to everyone now ?

Yes ! Roll Eyes A multi faceted ponzi is exactly what a dev making fraudulent claims of true decentralization needs !

Fyi.. the 800 mhash whales and insiders will use their unfair advantage to price 99% of you out of the market.

I'll let your imagination decide how their greed and (3rd party Shocked ) control of the network will affect things.

@eduffield and chums and/or wannabe's ..

Have you ever legitimately EARNED anything in life ?

What is a good and "fair" altcoin and why in your opinion then?

If you spent more time reading my posts (instead of editting them) you wouldn't be asking that question.

I can read only so much whining a day so can you just mention a coin or two, thanks.

Did I miss hippo's response to my question about fair alts? Links please. Smiley
georgem
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2015, 09:43:48 AM

can we mine on testnet already?

Or are we waiting for a new version first?

e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2015, 09:55:21 AM

The new version will have a new genesis block.
georgem
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2015, 10:05:10 AM

The new version will have a new genesis block.

It will also have 1/1000 the difficulty, so we can create our testcoins easier.

e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2015, 10:53:46 AM
Last edit: January 26, 2015, 11:04:03 AM by e1ghtSpace

OMG

Weekly Round-up
Week Beginning: 01/19
Week Ending: 01/25

The following are the gains netted from this weeks Private Picks. The largest returns came from UIS, OPAL, SBIT and MNE

Members netted gains totaling 780% this week. Next weeks coins are already primed for accumulation!

Happy trading!

COIN OF THE WEEK

SpreadCoin

Although unnoticed by many, SPR has been trending upwards for the entire month of January. Starting from Jan 4th, SPR began it's glorious ascent from 19,000 Satoshi and landed 69,960 Satoshi on Jan 23rd - a 280% climb. This long-term move grinded to a halt yesterday. But don't look away just yet, SPR is definitely a coin to lend some attention to.

Maybe the price going down the other day was part of their pump plan.
BITDV
Legendary

Activity: 1400

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 11:06:03 AM

This happened less than a page after the quotes you provided (a month or so after launch)...I'm not sure if we are supposed to be discussing conspiracy here but it seems that the issue was dismissed...

This would be a hell of a lot of work for everyone, and would also lower the credibility of the coin and kill it for good. I stick with the donations. As I said, i can setup a pool and have like 10% of the coins mined donated to you. Can you estimate how much was lost? I think knowing that amount is essential to making the decision.
Yeah, this was bad idea. I was mining from the beginning on several PCs, there were about 80k coins.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=715435.msg8599670#msg8599670
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you have proof that the former proposition went forward then post it.  Otherwise, conjecture is kind of predictable and lost on me (Omission of information is a bummer of a birthmark)...because it looks like the issue was dismissed and community supported.

Meanwhile, if Mr Spread can't code MasterNodes the way he claims then your arguments are moot.  If he can then I suppose they are still moot.

Cheers!

As you can see I was one that donated as I had spent a lot of time with Mr. Spread and did talked a lot with him , he has always been upfront and a real please to speak to him , I donated 2179 SPR as I felt he was genuine and has always done what he has said , SPR is a great coin and I see it having a huge future , I havent said much for a while as I have been working on my own projects , but have been mining , trading and saving SPR and reading the thread all the time , so let the haters hate , he has proven himself as far as I am concerned and will continue to support SPR in my own way , I launched a exchange and it is listed there , but its funny that after all these months , someone whom is obviously bored or has a hatred for something that is actually doing what it is suppose to do starts moaning randomly on a thread , I believe the medication needs to be increased!!

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
georgem
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2015, 11:21:44 AM
Last edit: January 26, 2015, 11:52:37 AM by georgem

As you can see I was one that donated as I had spent a lot of time with Mr. Spread and did talked a lot with him , he has always been upfront and a real please to speak to him , I donated 2179 SPR as I felt he was genuine and has always done what he has said , SPR is a great coin and I see it having a huge future , I havent said much for a while as I have been working on my own projects , but have been mining , trading and saving SPR and reading the thread all the time , so let the haters hate , he has proven himself as far as I am concerned and will continue to support SPR in my own way , I launched a exchange and it is listed there , but its funny that after all these months , someone whom is obviously bored or has a hatred for something that is actually doing what it is suppose to do starts moaning randomly on a thread , I believe the medication needs to be increased!!

Well, I'm glad all this has long been resolved, and that Mr. Spread has both enough SPR and enough time to continue working (fulltime I hope?) on this project.

I'm going to help in whatever way my skills allow.

Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2015, 12:15:54 PM

Yes, lets encourage people to blindly trust someone who we know absolutely nothing about and, just like eduffield, continually makes insider/whale friendly changes. NO ONE will ever get scammed that way ! Genius ! Roll Eyes

Btw.. how secure and decentralized do your precious MNs look to everyone now ?

Yes ! Roll Eyes A multi faceted ponzi is exactly what a dev making fraudulent claims of true decentralization needs !

Fyi.. the 800 mhash whales and insiders will use their unfair advantage to price 99% of you out of the market.

I'll let your imagination decide how their greed and (3rd party Shocked ) control of the network will affect things.

@eduffield and chums and/or wannabe's ..

Have you ever legitimately EARNED anything in life ?

What is a good and "fair" altcoin and why in your opinion then?

If you spent more time reading my posts (instead of editting them) you wouldn't be asking that question.

I can read only so much whining a day so can you just mention a coin or two, thanks.

Did I miss hippie's response to my question about fair alts? Links please. Smiley

If/when I come across one, you'll be the first to know.

girino
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1170

Advertise Here - PM for more info!

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 12:30:43 PM

Bad news  Sad
I was too careless and lost all my mined spreadcoins. I contacted several data recovery companies and most probably it will be impossible to recover my wallet. Without these spreadcoins I will have no incentive to futher develop and support SpreadCoin.

No we didn't, that's exactly why it was not done. The donation proposal was mine, and this was a response to it. Please do not "cherry pick" posts from the forum in order to prove a point that no one cares about.

Just to remind you, if he had said: "I have instamined too few coins, and want more to keep developing the coin because i am a greedy bbastard", we would have donated in the same way, because we wanted to reward him for developing the coin. You don't seem to get that. The community of early adopters WANTED to give him a reward for having created the coin, and we did so. So please, your point was made, you don't trust Mr. Spread, and that's fine. You don't like this coin and that's fine too. We got it. If you have NEW concerns, please post them, but stop repeating yourself.

I'm not dismissing you as a troll because about one in ten out of your posts brings real concerns and constructive criticisms, but those are the ones where you actually write what you think, not the ones where you place lots of quotes, and Complex question fallacies full of passive aggressiveness. So if you keep posting the good ones, the real criticism without malice or implied accusations, you are really welcome as a member of this community. But please, it's getting tiresome to keep separating the wheat from the chaff and if you keep acting that way you'll fatally be ignored in the end.

unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 12:34:19 PM

Bad news  Sad

we were scammed?  Huh

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
tsiv

Activity: 137

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 12:38:13 PM

Bad news  Sad

No we didn't, that's exactly why it was not done. The donation proposal was mine, and this was a response to it. Please do not "cherry pick" posts from the forum in order to prove a point that no one cares about.

Just to remind you, if he had said: "I have instamined too few coins, and want more to keep developing the coin because i am a greedy bbastard", we would have donated in the same way, because we wanted to reward him for developing the coin. You don't seem to get that. The community of early adopters WANTED to give him a reward for having created the coin, and we did so. So please, your point was made, you don't trust Mr. Spread, and that's fine. You don't like this coin and that's fine too. We got it. If you have NEW concerns, please post them, but stop repeating yourself.

I'm not dismissing you as a troll because about one in ten out of your posts brings real concerns and constructive criticisms, but those are the ones where you actually write what you think, not the ones where you place lots of quotes, and Complex question fallacies full of passive aggressiveness. So if you keep posting the good ones, the real criticism without malice or implied accusations, you are really welcome as a member of this community. But please, it's getting tiresome to keep separating the wheat from the chaff and if you keep acting that way you'll fatally be ignored in the end.

That's a horrible signal-to-noise ratio. Hit my "ignore the troll" threshold a long time ago.
georgem
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2015, 12:46:54 PM
Last edit: January 26, 2015, 01:11:04 PM by georgem

That's a horrible signal-to-noise ratio. Hit my "ignore the troll" threshold a long time ago.

Yeah, also trolls are starting to boost their signal by using sock puppet accounts: "OMG, We were scammed?"  Roll Eyes

girino
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1170

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 01:36:41 PM

[misplaced quote without context removed]

we were scammed?  Huh

Yes, please sell all your spreadcoin to me for half the price so you can get out of it.

georgem
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2015, 01:36:55 PM

If anybody has any ideas or wishes for future spreadcoin features he would like to see, please post them in this thread:

http://spreadcointalk.org/index.php?topic=34.0

Pages: « 1 ... 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 [204] 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 ... 434 »
  Print  

Jump to: