Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 12:13:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 [175] 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 ... 434 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes  (Read 810025 times)
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 07:43:31 PM

What's centralized about what i said? You think one person having 10% of a network is centralization?

If you really believe that 10% is menial, give me 10% of your cryptos, then tell me how decentralized you feel in the morning. Wink

One person owning x% of the Masternodes is a very different thing from one person owning x% of the hashpower. Probability of attack success does not scale linearly with attacker numbers when it comes to Masternodes.

Masternodes are selected each block/transaction effectively randomly, in an n-of-m fashion.

Do the math on the chances of 10% of Masternodes belonging to one person being compromised enabling anyone to trace a transaction through for example 8 rounds of Darksend:

0.1^8 = 0.00000001.

Good luck with that.

At 51% compromised Masternodes it rises to a mighty 4.58% chance of success, vs a 51% hashpower attack which has a 100% chance of success.

If you're not getting that Masternodes are fucking awesome, I suggest laying off whatever shit you're smoking and injecting some steroids directly into your brain. Might take you a few stabs to locate it...  Cheesy
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2015, 08:17:59 PM

Guys, is it possible to say "this is my masternode's ip"? because I want to use no-ip.org which gives you a static ip. But it is actually just a redirect type thing. (i don't know what it's called)

So yeah, can I run a masternode from my (dynamic ip) house like this?
MyFarm

Activity: 854

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 08:36:11 PM

Guys, is it possible to say "this is my masternode's ip"? because I want to use no-ip.org which gives you a static ip. But it is actually just a redirect type thing. (i don't know what it's called)

I've never seen that idea put forth.  I'd suggest asking in the DRK thread.
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2015, 08:36:51 PM

Ok I will. Thanks.
elbandi

Activity: 525
Merit: 529

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 12:14:04 AM

https://github.com/HashEngineering/darkcoinj and https://github.com/HashEngineering/darkcoin-wallet - already exist, no idea how much modification it would need for Spread...?
There is no main difference between bitcoinj and darkcoinj. The hard work is to add spreadcoin features (like "nopool protection", new blockfields, etc). And this is just a java main codebase. The android wallet app has to be modified too.

How many SPR for that?
The bitcoinj changes need ~50 workhour, so that's something like 1500-2000 spr.

Elbandi
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2015, 12:48:01 AM

Ok I will. Thanks.
Ok, since no one has answered me in the Darkcoin thread, I am asking Mr. Spread. Is it possible?
MyFarm

Activity: 854

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 03:01:03 AM

https://github.com/HashEngineering/darkcoinj and https://github.com/HashEngineering/darkcoin-wallet - already exist, no idea how much modification it would need for Spread...?
There is no main difference between bitcoinj and darkcoinj. The hard work is to add spreadcoin features (like "nopool protection", new blockfields, etc). And this is just a java main codebase. The android wallet app has to be modified too.

How many SPR for that?
The bitcoinj changes need ~50 workhour, so that's something like 1500-2000 spr.
Can you talk to Mr. Spread in private and make sure nothing is going to change with the masternode implementation that would affect what you plan to do?  If he gives you the green light, I'll pay 100 SPR upfront and 2000 upon completion.
NoobKidOnTheBlock

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 03:13:14 AM

Sorry to distract from the masternode conversations that are going on but is anyone else aware that SpreadCoin is now Top 7 volume on Bittrex and holding around 57k to 60k a coin steady Smiley This is really good to see the steady growth of this coin so it is still relatively cheap for anyone that can't mine this coin to still get involved with it and still turn a decent profit Smiley Anyways just wanted to throw that little bit of info out there Smiley Cheers and keep SPREADing the love folks Smiley

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇
............NoobKidOnThe.BLOCK.....

Jesse Livermore

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 03:34:03 AM

Sweet jebus, you guys see what's going on with DRK? 25k buy wall put up at the best price by Otoh for Darkcoin's bday.

Shouldn't be long before Spreadcoin gets some of them heavy-hitters.

JL

I own a DASH Masternode.... And you should too.
NoobKidOnTheBlock

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 04:08:31 AM

Sweet jebus, you guys see what's going on with DRK? 25k buy wall put up at the best price by Otoh for Darkcoin's bday.

JL
Oh yes I heard it was DarkCoin's Birthday today! Well that's kind of cool to see another Crypto survive a year Smiley Can't wait to celebrate SpreadCoin's first year Birthday this year and I'm sure we will be celebrating it as one of the Top 10 coins Wink Anyone think that is a possibility? Because I do Smiley

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇
............NoobKidOnThe.BLOCK.....

cointhinkers

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 04:50:43 AM

wow,all the sell orders below 0.0006 sato were hit at c-cex!

pokeytex
Legendary

Activity: 1504
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 05:29:06 AM

wow,all the sell orders below 0.0006 sato were hit at c-cex!

Hehe - sorry it was me - I had no choice - was trying to get BTC into Paybase before they took it down. Alas - I was too slow.  I only sold 300 SPR.  Nothing nefarious!  There was serious manipulation on XPY and I wanted more! LOL

Mr. Spread (OP)

Activity: 210

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 07:20:51 AM

What's centralized about what i said? You think one person having 10% of a network is centralization?

If you really believe that 10% is menial, give me 10% of your cryptos, then tell me how decentralized you feel in the morning. Wink

One person owning x% of the Masternodes is a very different thing from one person owning x% of the hashpower. Probability of attack success does not scale linearly with attacker numbers when it comes to Masternodes.

Masternodes are selected each block/transaction effectively randomly, in an n-of-m fashion.

Do the math on the chances of 10% of Masternodes belonging to one person being compromised enabling anyone to trace a transaction through for example 8 rounds of Darksend:

0.1^8 = 0.00000001.

Good luck with that.

At 51% compromised Masternodes it rises to a mighty 4.58% chance of success, vs a 51% hashpower attack which has a 100% chance of success.

If you're not getting that Masternodes are fucking awesome, I suggest laying off whatever shit you're smoking and injecting some steroids directly into your brain. Might take you a few stabs to locate it...  Cheesy
It is supposed to be random but if you will read instant tx whitepaper you will see that they wanted to use some very non random method of selecting masternodes which is easier to attack although whitepaper assumes (incorrectly) that it is random as you describe it. The actual method of selecting masternodes in source code is different from the one described in whitepaper, they are subtracting points in 4D space and then make some arbitrary bit shifts, it is hard to tell how secure it is. The correct method of selecting masternodes should be random which is easy to accomplish using good hash function such as SHA-2 or X11, no need to invent new algorithms, standard hashes are known to be good and secure (and will produce uniform distribution which is important here).

Developer of SpreadCoin
Mr. Spread (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 08:19:50 AM

Initial masternode implementation will not require you to have a static IP. Instant transactions simply don't require this: someone broadcasts transaction, masternode receive this transactions, sign it and broadcasts this signature, there is no need for anyone to directly connect to masternodes. Nodes will monitor time delays between receiving transactions and confirmations from masternodes and will assign scores for each masternode according to these delays. This score and deposit amount will affect which masternodes will receive payments.

What is actually important here is not a whether your IP address is static or dynamic but whether or not you can accept incoming connections. I want to make it optional in the future so that if your masternode can accept connections you will broadcast your IP address, if your IP address is dynamic then you will just broadcast another message to announce your new address. Both initiator of transaction and masternodes want to confirm transaction as fast as possible and initiator will be able send transaction directly to required masternodes, since this will decrease delays between transactions and confirmations masternodes which can accept connections will be valued higher.

Requiring masternodes to have static IPs and accept connections makes network more centralized because many people will run their masternodes on hostings like Amazon, we don't want many of our masternodes to be located in the same datacenter, right? Possibility to rebroadcast your address fixes this at least partially because you don't need to have static IP and may be able to accept connections on your home computer (this depends on your ISP).

Developer of SpreadCoin
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2015, 08:33:41 AM

Initial masternode implementation will not require you to have a static IP. Instant transactions simply don't require this: someone broadcasts transaction, masternode receive this transactions, sign it and broadcasts this signature, there is no need for anyone to directly connect to masternodes. Nodes will monitor time delays between receiving transactions and confirmations from masternodes and will assign scores for each masternode according to these delays. This score and deposit amount will affect which masternodes will receive payments.

What is actually important here is not a whether your IP address is static or dynamic but whether or not you can accept incoming connections. I want to make it optional in the future so that if your masternode can accept connections you will broadcast your IP address, if your IP address is dynamic then you will just broadcast another message to announce your new address. Both initiator of transaction and masternodes want to confirm transaction as fast as possible and initiator will be able send transaction directly to required masternodes, since this will decrease delays between transactions and confirmations masternodes which can accept connections will be valued higher.

Requiring masternodes to have static IPs and accept connections makes network more centralized because many people will run their masternodes on hostings like Amazon, we don't want many of our masternodes to be located in the same datacenter, right? Possibility to rebroadcast your address fixes this at least partially because you don't need to have static IP and may be able to accept connections on your home computer (this depends on your ISP).
Thanks for the reply!

How do I enable incoming connections? I know how to port forward, do I need to?

Edit:
 My computer has been on all day and I just looked at the wallet and I have 51 connections! Cheesy Does that indicate anything?
Mr. Spread (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 08:35:57 AM

Oh, that is interesting. Correct - hash functions are great at that, but it depends on what you put in them to start with...
This is how it is described in the white paper:
Code:
For (mastenode in masternodes)
{
    n = masternode.CalculateScore();

if (n > best_score) {
        best_score = n;
        winning_node = masternode;
    }
}

CMasterNode::CalculateScore()
{
    n1 = GetProofOfWorkHash(nBlockHeight); // get the hash of this block
    n2 = x11(n1); // hash the POW hash to increase the entropy
    n3 = abs(n2 - masternode_vin);

return n3;
}
Look at this line:
Code:
n3 = abs(n2 - masternode_vin);
This is simple subtraction, it means that nodes with similar hashes will be selected together while nodes with too different hashes will never be selected together. The better way would be just to hash n2 & masternode_vin, i.e.
Code:
n3 = hash(n2, masternode_vin);
This way at each new block selected nodes will be completely random.
As I said the actual algorithm used in DarkCoin is more complicated and probably more secure, still there is no reason to not simply use usual hash instead.

Developer of SpreadCoin
georgem
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2015, 11:11:12 AM

JL
Oh yes I heard it was DarkCoin's Birthday today! Well that's kind of cool to see another Crypto survive a year Smiley Can't wait to celebrate SpreadCoin's first year Birthday this year and I'm sure we will be celebrating it as one of the Top 10 coins Wink Anyone think that is a possibility? Because I do Smiley

Yes, today is Darkcoins first birthday, let's celebrate this.

At Noon PST there will be a special bitcoin rush episode running on youtube at the world crypto network. https://www.youtube.com/user/WorldCryptoNetwork
So in about 10 9 hours if I am not mistaken.

We will see the host interview eduffield.

And I created a few cartoon animations for this episode so I hope you will all watch and enjoy!  Grin

PS I am looking forward to SPR's first birthday too. Until then, let's work our asses of and make SPR just as big as DRK!

georgem
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2015, 11:24:19 AM

....they are subtracting points in 4D space ...

...subtracting points in 4D space....

you just blew my fuc*king mind.

Care to explain what each of the 4 dimensions of such an "object" represents?

Can it be that they are the 4 numbers that represent an IP?

georgem
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2015, 11:27:09 AM
Last edit: January 18, 2015, 11:47:57 AM by georgem

All this knowledge you have is exactly why I invested in you.

So I will look forward to install a SPR masternode on one of my raspberry Pi's then, and run it from my home?

Shocked

If I understood you correctly we come closer and closer to one day have our masternode INSIDE our wallet? Having them both be the same thing if a person desires? (Another person might desire to run a big server why not)

cointhinkers

Activity: 123

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 12:14:07 PM

That's cool.so is that possible to  run tens of MN in my LAN with the same IP ?

Pages: « 1 ... 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 [175] 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 ... 434 »
  Print  

Jump to: