Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:18:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 [184] 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 ... 434 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes  (Read 810026 times)
fenghush

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 03:57:48 PM

You can still rent rigs, but you have to trust the miners with your private key and bother them to install a new miner across their farm. Pools or no pools those with most GPUs get most coins, if you don't have the hash rate to find blocks and believe in the coin you'll just buy it because it's easier than to compete with 200+ GPU farms which is no easy task or cheap to run.

Thanks, that's good info.  I didn't catch the bit about dynamic priced masternodes.  How is that value and frequency of chance going to be set or is that still in discussion stages?

dynamic price will not be set, instead it will be decided by the "free market", allowing for a very healthy competition.

The amount of possible "masternode seats" is the thing that will be limited, and the more money you invest in your masternode the more secure your "seat reservation" gets.

Some people will invest only a few SPR (the minimum), others will invest 10x more SPR in their masternode.

Now if you only invest the bare minimum you run the risk of becoming "the weakest link" and a newcomer who just invests 1 SPR more than you might throw your masternode out of the race.
But you can always reenter the race by investing more than the new weakest link, etc...

Yes ! Roll Eyes A multi faceted ponzi is exactly what a dev making fraudulent claims of true decentralization needs !

Fyi.. the 800 mhash whales and insiders will use their unfair advantage to price 99% of you out of the market.

I'll let your imagination decide how their greed and (3rd party Shocked ) control of the network will affect things.

@eduffield and chums and/or wannabe's ..

Have you ever legitimately EARNED anything in life ?

Eduffield has nothing to do with SPR.

I agree on the false sense of decentralisation.  There are some mighty big farms out there.  I've rented X11 rigs with greater hash rate than the whole network hashrate of SPR.  I don't know whether they will perform as well using SpreadX11.  The big boys have already priced everybody out of the mining game anyway on SPR.

thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 04:00:21 PM

The big boys have already priced everybody out of the mining game anyway on SPR.

Utter nonsense.

Name another PoW currency that earns you net anything at its current market price? Spread is the best deal out there by far for long term miners.
stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 04:04:48 PM

The big boys have already priced everybody out of the mining game anyway on SPR.

Utter nonsense.

Name another PoW currency that earns you net anything at its current market price? Spread is the best deal out there by far for long term miners.

Is there a breakdown of the top 20 miners yet?
jpouza
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1116

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 04:06:18 PM

Got the 290X to 47.35% (3.89MH/s) and the 280X to 36.65% (3.02MH/s).
What GPU and Memory Speeds?

1125 core on both, 1500 mem on 280X, and 1600 mem on 290X.

Got the 290X to 47.35% (3.89MH/s) and the 280X to 36.65% (3.02MH/s).

So , AMD earning some respect here...290X optimized doing the same as the 970GTX non-optimized Tongue

Consumption?

Fuck if I know, my last two Kill-A-Watt meters melted.

Grin
thelonecrouton
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 04:08:54 PM

Utter nonsense.

http://104.36.83.126/spreadcoin/   (looks a shitload better than Darkcoin: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/drk/#!extraction)

Feel free to aid decentralisation by jumping in with a few MH/s. Smiley
stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 04:20:58 PM

Utter nonsense.

http://104.36.83.126/spreadcoin/   (looks a shitload better than Darkcoin: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/drk/#!extraction)

Feel free to aid decentralisation by jumping in with a few MH/s. Smiley

Yes, that does look more decentralized than Darkcoin at the moment.  Time will tell how well this model works.  I really like the idea. 

I'm not going to bother mining with one GPU when I can just buy some more SPR if I wanted to.  My mining operations are restricted to two antminers solo mining bitcoin as a form of fun lottery.  My days of 2GH/s of X11 on Darkcoin are well in the past.
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2015, 04:26:23 PM

Those answers will never become known if we keep with the status quo.

The whale friendly game changers.. the MN ponzi .. the optimized crippled kernels/software .. the cries of "FUD ! IGNORE HIM !" when legitimate questions and observations are brought forth ..

I didn't sign up for any of this. Did you ?

EDIT

LMfreakinAO Grin

I am now Legendary. Shocked

Is it any different in any area? Those with most resources, get most resources, and they have most at stake, what is your solution for everyone, including the little fish to get their fair share?

Thanks, that's good info.  I didn't catch the bit about dynamic priced masternodes.  How is that value and frequency of chance going to be set or is that still in discussion stages?

dynamic price will not be set, instead it will be decided by the "free market", allowing for a very healthy competition.

The amount of possible "masternode seats" is the thing that will be limited, and the more money you invest in your masternode the more secure your "seat reservation" gets.

Some people will invest only a few SPR (the minimum), others will invest 10x more SPR in their masternode.

Now if you only invest the bare minimum you run the risk of becoming "the weakest link" and a newcomer who just invests 1 SPR more than you might throw your masternode out of the race.
But you can always reenter the race by investing more than the new weakest link, etc...

Yes ! Roll Eyes A multi faceted ponzi is exactly what a dev making fraudulent claims of true decentralization needs !

Fyi.. the 800 mhash whales and insiders will use their unfair advantage to price 99% of you out of the market.

I'll let your imagination decide how their greed and (3rd party Shocked ) control of the network will affect things.

fenghush

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 04:30:23 PM

You're free to signout or post some coherent alternative to the status quo.  Bitching is easy, fixing is hard.

The whale friendly game changers.. the MN ponzi .. the optimized crippled kernels/software .. the cries of "FUD ! IGNORE HIM !" when legitimate questions and observations are brought forth ..

Is it any different in any area? Those with most resources, get most resources, and they have most at stake, what is your solution for everyone, including the little fish to get their fair share?

thelonecrouton
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 04:33:10 PM

It's usually a good sign when the bought-for-half-a-bitcoin bought-for-$10 'Legends' start showing up and spouting drivel.  Cheesy
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2015, 04:35:00 PM

WARNING ! : You are doing exactly what you are accusing me of. Tongue

Follow your own advice and address the points I've been making.

You're free to signout or post some coherent alternative to the status quo.  Bitching is easy, fixing is hard.

spreadnodes

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 05:57:21 PM

EDIT

LMfreakinAO Grin

I am now Legendary. Shocked

I am afraid Hippie Tech is correct.  I wanted spreadcoin to be different but it is always the same.  A few are trying hard to raise value so they can sell coins they bought cheap for profit.  Mining by a few getting all the coins.  Same people from darkcoin now claim spreadcoin is best.  More games, cons, lies.  Centralized = the end.
MyFarm

Activity: 854

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 06:15:51 PM

Hey Stonehedge,

As others have stated, not a whole lot has changed since you last checked in.  Dynamic masternodes and the masternode GUI screenshots are exciting, but I'm not buying anymore SPR until I see everything functioning on testnet.  I went through my initial accumulation (as I did with DRK) and now I'm waiting for actual functioning code before I add to that position.

The whole reason I am here is because of Mr. Spread's obvious coding talent and creativity.  I invest in developers, not coins.  I trade shitcoins for fun, but the few actual crypto investments I have are because of the developers.  Developers like Evan Duffield, the giant Ripple dev team, Mr. Spread, and a couple other coins with good devs.

Should you add to your position?  Beats me.  Depends on your risk-reward appetite.  I still consider Spreadcoin to be reasonably risky which is why I'm not adding to my position at present.  If you're happy with the coin you have at present, then do what you're doing -- check in on occasion to see what has changed, if anything.  If you'd like to go for a bigger hit, add a little.  But in the end, it's all about what you're comfortable with.

With all that said, I suspect you already knew all this and are kicking the tires of what you suspect is a pretty good car Wink
thelonecrouton
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 06:33:26 PM
Last edit: January 20, 2015, 06:45:30 PM by thelonecrouton

I am afraid Hippie Tech is correct.  I wanted spreadcoin to be different but it is always the same.  A few are trying hard to raise value so they can sell coins they bought cheap for profit.  Mining by a few getting all the coins.  Same people from darkcoin now claim spreadcoin is best.  More games, cons, lies.  Centralized = the end.

If they were giving out free lunches people like you would bitch because you still had to put your hand up and ask the waiter to bring you a platefull.  Cheesy

georgem
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2015, 07:13:31 PM

I am afraid Hippie Tech is correct.  I wanted spreadcoin to be different but it is always the same.  A few are trying hard to raise value so they can sell coins they bought cheap for profit.  Mining by a few getting all the coins.  Same people from darkcoin now claim spreadcoin is best.  More games, cons, lies.  Centralized = the end.

If they were giving out free lunches people like you would bitch because you still had to put your hand up and ask the waiter to bring you a platefull.  Cheesy

LMAO, ... so true, that's how I imagine entitled people to be.
And while he eats the free lunch he would probably complain (with his mouth full) that those people run a ponzi!

Jeff8247

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 07:50:58 PM
Last edit: January 20, 2015, 09:48:29 PM by Jeff8247

Time to get off that high horse champ. No one has to prove anything to a faceless guy on the internet.

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." -Abraham Lincoln, 1864
Jeff8247

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 07:54:36 PM

Utter nonsense.

It's true mate the big boys have priced us out of mining. I went 2 and a half days without hitting a block on my 8Mh once diff hit 63 and above

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." -Abraham Lincoln, 1864
thelonecrouton
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 07:57:12 PM

Utter nonsense.

It's true mate the big boys have priced us out of mining. I went 2 and a half days without hitting a block on my 8Mh one diff hit 63 and above

I said 'long term miners' not 'miners who give up after two and a half days.'   Wink
Jeff8247

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 08:02:55 PM

Who said I've given up?

illodin

Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 08:37:06 PM

whine

What is a good and "fair" altcoin and why in your opinion then?
Kamhur

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 10:09:15 PM

wow such bull... 5x7950 for 24 hours and no blocks whatsoever... yep. stars here we come. not
Pages: « 1 ... 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 [184] 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 ... 434 »
  Print  

Jump to: