Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 09:53:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 [188] 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 ... 434 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes  (Read 810026 times)
jjjordan

Activity: 271
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 04:23:55 PM

Now I know this is probably a stupid question again, but the GPU miner works without spreadcoin.conf if the wallet isn't encrypted?
If it shows hashrates, does that mean it's actually working and not just hashing for no reason?
Yes it is working, it is special functionality to simplify mining.

Mr. Spread, maybe it was asked before, but have you thought about putting total hashrate of all miners mining to a wallet?
Just like it says "Your hashrate (built-in miner)" it would be convenient if there is one that says "Your hashrate (rpc)".. I'm just sayin..
tminer

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 04:25:26 PM

Another person has created 3 accounds taking spreadcoin, spread and SPR. (and they didn't even bother putting in a capital S)

Sounds like this person has a business plan.
If spreadcointalk really gets cracking, and he gets to sell those names for money, then good for him.
And good for us, since this means that people consider spreadcoin so famous and valuable that they are going to pay for a mere username.

So no complaints here.

Grin

PS: I will delete obvious spam accounts once a week.
I will also delete accounts that remain inactive (no posts AND no reading activity) for a prolongued period of time. (I will not specify)
In some sense,this is a good news~ Grin

That's me. AS georgem mentioned i am always business minded and those 3 will not be  scam accounts .

BTC   188Voq78hJpfTg7CQKACiy4XbaN1UxdGqf
tminer

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 04:28:03 PM

hi all ...

just a quick question ...

at almost 180MHash and 24hours of mining - not a single block found and no coins in either of my wallets ...

how normal is this?

#crysx

Just do the math.

Divide your hashrate by the network's average and you'll get a rough idea of what % you should be earning.

So.. what do you have against decentralization ?

Have you named your privkey pool yet ?

ok ...

currently 4.66GH ...

so 180MH / 4660MH = 0.038626609

#crysx

you may not using modified sgminer for spr.

MyFarm

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 04:30:46 PM

Hey Stonehedge,

As others have stated, not a whole lot has changed since you last checked in.  Dynamic masternodes and the masternode GUI screenshots are exciting, but I'm not buying anymore SPR until I see everything functioning on testnet.  I went through my initial accumulation (as I did with DRK) and now I'm waiting for actual functioning code before I add to that position.

The whole reason I am here is because of Mr. Spread's obvious coding talent and creativity.  I invest in developers, not coins.  I trade shitcoins for fun, but the few actual crypto investments I have are because of the developers.  Developers like Evan Duffield, the giant Ripple dev team, Mr. Spread, and a couple other coins with good devs.

Should you add to your position?  Beats me.  Depends on your risk-reward appetite.  I still consider Spreadcoin to be reasonably risky which is why I'm not adding to my position at present.  If you're happy with the coin you have at present, then do what you're doing -- check in on occasion to see what has changed, if anything.  If you'd like to go for a bigger hit, add a little.  But in the end, it's all about what you're comfortable with.

With all that said, I suspect you already knew all this and are kicking the tires of what you suspect is a pretty good car Wink

Nice well reasoned response.  Thanks.

You're right.  I am here tyre kicking what I suspect is a pretty good car however I am put off by the amount of cheerleading that is posted in comparison to actual news.

Other than that, I'm a little wary of a dev who doesn't use their real name although I also understand reasoning why Mr Spread might want to stay anonymous.  It took a bit of soul searching before I decided to use my real name as part of the Darkcoin team.

The cheerleading doesn't bother me but to each their own.  I understand your desire to have a named dev, but if Mr. Spread resides where I suspect he does, I'd prefer he remain anonymous.  As I mentioned, I invest in devs first and foremost.  A named dev is nice, but my only big loss (25+ btc) came on a coin called Fractalcoin where it was very easy to determine the dev's name and who he worked for.  Good coder, but ended up giving up without bothering to continue to innovate.  Dumb considering how much BTC I had budgeted to invest in the coin as he met various benchmarks along the way.

I can imagine it took some soul searching (and balls of steel) to provide your real name.  There is so much uncertainty in this field.
tminer

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 04:41:44 PM

As far i know from Mr.spreads post, just having a MN is not enough to get payment, you may only shortlisted and that itself is dynamic because some one can easily counter it by putting more spr

Nodes will monitor time delays between receiving transactions and confirmations from masternodes and will assign scores for each masternode according to these delays. This score and deposit amount will affect which masternodes will receive payments.

so any one cry for true decentralization, think about btc ( check blockchain, lot of initial blocks with 50cns are mined by very few people with their cpus)

tminer

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 04:56:31 PM

hi all ...

at almost 180MHash and 24hours of mining - not a single block found and no coins in either of my wallets ...

how normal is this?

#crysx

Just do the math.

Divide your hashrate by the network's average and you'll get a rough idea of what % you should be earning.

ok ...

currently 4.66GH ...

#crysx

What?

Check These

i mine with ccminer for nvidia with 2 970 gtx cards localy on pc where wallet is installed i only see hashes in ccminer but i dont see any hash in wallet  
from gpus.

edit, s...t i didnt know that thanks man ill try spreadminer, do you know how many coins per day can generate 7,4 mhash is it worth it to mine with only 2 gpus

i just instaled spreadminer again i have 3.7 mhash per gpu but hashing is not showing in wallet under mining it only shows when mining with cpu

Spreadcoin is not spreading at all, i mined it for a week with 2 970gtx and didnt get any of it. i have 7.4 mhash in ccminer but hashrate isnt showing in wallet is that ok  

if you are using ccminer you wont get any spread at all. You need either spreadminer or the modified sgminer by Mr. Spread.

jpouza
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1116

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 05:01:46 PM

Hey Stonehedge,

As others have stated, not a whole lot has changed since you last checked in.  Dynamic masternodes and the masternode GUI screenshots are exciting, but I'm not buying anymore SPR until I see everything functioning on testnet.  I went through my initial accumulation (as I did with DRK) and now I'm waiting for actual functioning code before I add to that position.

The whole reason I am here is because of Mr. Spread's obvious coding talent and creativity.  I invest in developers, not coins.  I trade shitcoins for fun, but the few actual crypto investments I have are because of the developers.  Developers like Evan Duffield, the giant Ripple dev team, Mr. Spread, and a couple other coins with good devs.

Should you add to your position?  Beats me.  Depends on your risk-reward appetite.  I still consider Spreadcoin to be reasonably risky which is why I'm not adding to my position at present.  If you're happy with the coin you have at present, then do what you're doing -- check in on occasion to see what has changed, if anything.  If you'd like to go for a bigger hit, add a little.  But in the end, it's all about what you're comfortable with.

With all that said, I suspect you already knew all this and are kicking the tires of what you suspect is a pretty good car Wink

You're right.  I am here tyre kicking what I suspect is a pretty good car however I am put off by the amount of cheerleading that is posted in comparison to actual news.

Other than that, I'm a little wary of a dev who doesn't use their real name although I also understand reasoning why Mr Spread might want to stay anonymous.  It took a bit of soul searching before I decided to use my real name as part of the Darkcoin team.

The cheerleading doesn't bother me but to each their own.  I understand your desire to have a named dev, but if Mr. Spread resides where I suspect he does, I'd prefer he remain anonymous.  As I mentioned, I invest in devs first and foremost.  A named dev is nice, but my only big loss (25+ btc) came on a coin called Fractalcoin where it was very easy to determine the dev's name and who he worked for.  Good coder, but ended up giving up without bothering to continue to innovate.  Dumb considering how much BTC I had budgeted to invest in the coin as he met various benchmarks along the way.

I can imagine it took some soul searching (and balls of steel) to provide your real name.  There is so much uncertainty in this field.

I remember FRAC too, the so awaited Slingshield phase, hours talking in the IRC channel....started good as a coin, innovative ideas.

Lost 4 BTCs on that game, when slingshield kicked in there was a little pump to 35k satoshis, after that coin died and I quit altcoin market for good.

I do not have much hope in altcoin mkt, since BTC is my main goal, altough bought some few SPRs recently, I mine for hobby, solo mining is for fun, very interesting concept, and mining I can test my PC´s stability for good.

Cheers
PeaMine

Activity: 979
Merit: 510

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 05:13:00 PM

hi all ...

how normal is this?

#crysx

Just do the math.

ok ...

currently 4.66GH ...

#crysx

What?

Check These

i mine with ccminer for nvidia with 2 970 gtx cards localy on pc where wallet is installed i only see hashes in ccminer but i dont see any hash in wallet  
from gpus.

edit, s...t i didnt know that thanks man ill try spreadminer, do you know how many coins per day can generate 7,4 mhash is it worth it to mine with only 2 gpus

i just instaled spreadminer again i have 3.7 mhash per gpu but hashing is not showing in wallet under mining it only shows when mining with cpu

Spreadcoin is not spreading at all, i mined it for a week with 2 970gtx and didnt get any of it. i have 7.4 mhash in ccminer but hashrate isnt showing in wallet is that ok  

if you are using ccminer you wont get any spread at all. You need either spreadminer or the modified sgminer by Mr. Spread.

So currently:
https://github.com/tsiv/spreadminer
No longer works?
What is the current instructions for Nvidia miners?

Datacenter Technician and Electrician.  If you have any questions feel free to ask me as I am generally bored looking at logs and happy to help during free time.
antonio8
Legendary

Activity: 1386

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 06:34:43 PM

So currently:
No longer works?

Yes, tsiv's Spread miner still works.

Works fine.

If you are going to leave your BTC on an exchange please send it to this address instead 1GH3ub3UUHbU5qDJW5u3E9jZ96ZEmzaXtG, I will at least use the money better than someone who steals it from the exchange. Thanks Wink
NoobKidOnTheBlock

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 06:41:20 PM

Hey just throwing this out there but if anyone would be interested in selling 10k SpreadCoin I would be more than interested in purchasing them off them Smiley Just saying Wink

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇
............NoobKidOnThe.BLOCK.....

MyFarm

Activity: 854

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 06:49:26 PM

I suspect you'll be buying them off the exchange Noob, sorry Smiley  None for sale here for a long, long time.
jpouza
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 07:00:31 PM

So currently:
No longer works?

Works fine.

Tsiv's miner is fully functional.

subir imagenes gratis
Jeff8247

Activity: 219

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 07:27:48 PM

Yes ! Roll Eyes A multi faceted ponzi is exactly what a dev making fraudulent claims of true decentralization needs !

Fyi.. the 800 mhash whales and insiders will use their unfair advantage to price 99% of you out of the market.

I'll let your imagination decide how their greed and (3rd party Shocked ) control of the network will affect things.

@eduffield and chums and/or wannabe's ..

Have you ever legitimately EARNED anything in life ?

Time to get off that high horse champ. No one has to prove anything to a faceless guy on the internet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhetorical_question

Tongue

Touche. I'll pay that mate.

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." -Abraham Lincoln, 1864
NoobKidOnTheBlock

Activity: 770

FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 07:34:20 PM

I suspect you'll be buying them off the exchange Noob, sorry Smiley  None for sale here for a long, long time.
Ya I know I got my buys set on the exchange but I was maybe hoping for some good samaritan who's got a plentiful stash to maybe make me an offer for any amount lol You can't blame a guy for trying Wink But ya I totally notice that this is the first coin I've ever seen where people aren't willing to dump their coins at all!!!

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇
............NoobKidOnThe.BLOCK.....

jpouza
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 08:29:59 PM

So currently:
No longer works?

Works fine.

Tsiv's miner is fully functional.

subir imagenes gratis

Holy crap, 3 GTX 980 + 1 GTX 970.
Does the 970 always run hotter than the 980?

No, it's because the 980s are watercooled and the 970 is using air cooler (blower style), my case is small...it does not help on air flow, besides the 970 is close to the PSU and the WC pump/reservoir (hot places).

Cheers
Jesse Livermore

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 08:39:44 PM

Ya I know I got my buys set on the exchange but I was maybe hoping for some good samaritan who's got a plentiful stash to maybe make me an offer for any amount lol You can't blame a guy for trying Wink But ya I totally notice that this is the first coin I've ever seen where people aren't willing to dump their coins at all!!!

Haven't seen sellers so non-existant like this since DRK in March and April 2014. Price didn't budge at all as miners kept all mined coins off exchanges. And then price started to pop and volume came in but would quickly leave and more consolidation would occur. And then finally the roof for blown off and the thing rocketed.
JL

I own a DASH Masternode.... And you should too.
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2015, 09:00:08 PM

Hey Stonehedge,

And Mr. Spread has said that cryptocurrency is illegal where he lives.
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2015, 05:20:59 AM

Finally! The forum is back up! So, who knew to go to spreadcointalk.org to discuss?
MemoryShock

Activity: 728

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 05:26:55 AM

Finally! The forum is back up! So, who knew to go to spreadcointalk.org to discuss?

I refreshed it like BTCTalk...wasn't the same though...Wink

I imagine traffic will pick up in a few months...

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  I/O DIGITAL
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
iodigital.io & iocoin.io

█████████████████
███████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████
█████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2015, 05:32:12 AM

I refreshed it like BTCTalk...wasn't the same though...Wink

I imagine traffic will pick up in a few months...
I hope so.

Off topic: Have you used that binary option website in your personal text area at all?
Pages: « 1 ... 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 [188] 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 ... 434 »
  Print  

Jump to: