Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:27:14 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 [197] 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 ... 434 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes  (Read 810026 times)
soundwallet

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 06:02:09 PM

The OP says SPR uses the compact block,doesn't that mean it use smaller block size ?

Looks like this coin has a 200kb limit.

[quote main.h spreadcoin]* The maximum allowed size for a serialized block, in bytes (network rule) */
static const unsigned int MAX_BLOCK_SIZE = 200000;                      // 200KB block hard limit
/** Obsolete: maximum size for mined blocks */
static const unsigned int MAX_BLOCK_SIZE_GEN = MAX_BLOCK_SIZE/4;         // 50KB  block soft limit
/** Default for -blockmaxsize, maximum size for mined blocks **/
static const unsigned int DEFAULT_BLOCK_MAX_SIZE = MAX_BLOCK_SIZE;
[/quote]
Does it mean even in the future there are more transactions ,the spr blockchain file will be smaller than drk ?

Propulsion

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

The Buck Stops Here.

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 06:07:48 PM

Does it mean even in the future there are more transactions ,the spr blockchain file will be smaller than drk ?

Theoretically yes if it's not increased by then.

I believe that at the moment it doesn't makes a difference. I think it really depends on the transactions per block. There really should be no difference until you actually hit the limits of the Max_Block_Size and start having blocks with multiple transactions as far as chain size.

(information is subject to be wrong)
georgem
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2015, 06:10:35 PM
Last edit: January 25, 2015, 12:22:13 AM by georgem

The OP says SPR uses the compact block,doesn't that mean it use smaller block size ?

Looks like this coin has a 200kb limit.

Quote from: main.h spreadcoin
* The maximum allowed size for a serialized block, in bytes (network rule) */
static const unsigned int MAX_BLOCK_SIZE = 200000;                      // 200KB block hard limit
/** Obsolete: maximum size for mined blocks */
static const unsigned int MAX_BLOCK_SIZE_GEN = MAX_BLOCK_SIZE/4;         // 50KB  block soft limit
/** Default for -blockmaxsize, maximum size for mined blocks **/
static const unsigned int DEFAULT_BLOCK_MAX_SIZE = MAX_BLOCK_SIZE;

BTW, what's with the rick roll? https://darkcointalk.org

Apparently whoever runs darkcointalk.org fears Spreadcoin enough to Rickroll all our links to the site.  

It's understandable, really.  I'd be worried too if I didn't own both.

That's funny.   Grin

It looks like BCT is still trolling every outgoing https:// site

But for example http://spreadcointalk.org will not get you trolled.

Go ahead, try it.  Grin

EDIT: Now that BCT is back up again, the rickrolling seems to have disappeared, lol

thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 12:44:01 AM

Apparently whoever runs darkcointalk.org fears Spreadcoin enough to Rickroll all our links to the site. 

It's understandable, really.  I'd be worried too if I didn't own both.

If they had any brains they'd be here supporting the Masternode model, and making more money. 

And any future distributed storage/content distribution system will benefit from having more entrepeneurial MN ops out there from both coins. 3000 Darkcoin servers worldwide is a pretty good platform, but 6000 Darkcoin and Spreadcoin servers combined is going to be better. Might as well make use of all that bandwidth...  Wink
MyFarm

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 12:53:06 AM

It's understandable, really.  I'd be worried too if I didn't own both.

If they had any brains they'd be here supporting the Masternode model, and making more money.  

And any future distributed storage/content distribution system will benefit from having more entrepeneurial MN ops out there from both coins. 3000 Darkcoin servers worldwide is a pretty good platform, but 6000 Darkcoin and Spreadcoin servers combined is going to be better. Might as well make use of all that bandwidth...  Wink

Indeed.  I hope the community and Mr. Spread get creative and figure out some really innovative utilization models.  Masternodes just plain open up so many possibilities. 
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2015, 12:54:56 AM

1- 400 freakin 66.xxx SPR blocks were minted during the first 65 minutes after launch. (How many other instamines will we find if we continue to search the block chain ?)
2- This became possible because the difficulty did not adjust as we were led to believe it would. eg. block 400's diff = 0.06xxx
3- At current market value, the 26660+ SPR/ 400 block instamine is worth approx. 18 BTC.

well, i used to get 1K SPR/week by mining with a (slow) CPU on a VPS several weeks after the launch. I even donated 15K SPR to Mr. Spread when he lost his wallet (with 80K on it). So i can't see 26K making any difference in all this. And yeah, we had it easy on those early days. We CPU mined and got thousands of coins. I miss those times...

Whether you intended to or not, you are also misrepresenting what I said about the crippled -->GPU<-- kernel.

Can you elaborate about that? I used the exact same kernels as used by most recent sgminer when i produced the second version of the miner (first version was really "crippled" because it was released in a hurry by Mr. Spread so that tsiv would release his nvidia version to the public). Wolf0 had not produced any of his optimizations for X11 yet, so at the time it was top technology. It is outdated now? perhaps it is, but that is not what i (and most people, BTW) understand by "crippled". So, please elaborate on that.

BTW, nvidia miner is not crippled in any way and uses the most current code for X11.

What do you find normal about a difficulty adjustment algo that decided to take a hike during the first 65 minutes after launch ?

Thanks for confirming my suspicions that SPR has been extensively easymined by what appears to be, a select few.

So Mr. Spread "lost" 80k flash/insta/easymine (may as well call it a PREMINE), eh ? How many others were duped into donating ?

pokeytex
Legendary

Activity: 1504
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 01:03:24 AM

Hey all I sent another request to Cryptsy today.  My third actually.  
If we bombard them with requests they should add us!  This community is growing and we should be taken seriously. No?

illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 01:03:36 AM

Yes, lets encourage people to blindly trust someone who we know absolutely nothing about and, just like eduffield, continually makes insider/whale friendly changes. NO ONE will ever get scammed that way ! Genius ! Roll Eyes

Btw.. how secure and decentralized do your precious MNs look to everyone now ?

Yes ! Roll Eyes A multi faceted ponzi is exactly what a dev making fraudulent claims of true decentralization needs !

Fyi.. the 800 mhash whales and insiders will use their unfair advantage to price 99% of you out of the market.

I'll let your imagination decide how their greed and (3rd party Shocked ) control of the network will affect things.

@eduffield and chums and/or wannabe's ..

Have you ever legitimately EARNED anything in life ?

What is a good and "fair" altcoin and why in your opinion then?

If you spent more time reading my posts (instead of editting them) you wouldn't be asking that question.

I can read only so much whining a day so can you just mention a coin or two, thanks.
zeca pagodinho

Activity: 189

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 01:44:22 AM
Last edit: January 25, 2015, 01:59:23 AM by zeca pagodinho

1- 400 freakin 66.xxx SPR blocks were minted during the first 65 minutes after launch. (How many other instamines will we find if we continue to search the block chain ?)
2- This became possible because the difficulty did not adjust as we were led to believe it would. eg. block 400's diff = 0.06xxx
3- At current market value, the 26660+ SPR/ 400 block instamine is worth approx. 18 BTC.

well, i used to get 1K SPR/week by mining with a (slow) CPU on a VPS several weeks after the launch. I even donated 15K SPR to Mr. Spread when he lost his wallet (with 80K on it). So i can't see 26K making any difference in all this. And yeah, we had it easy on those early days. We CPU mined and got thousands of coins. I miss those times...

Whether you intended to or not, you are also misrepresenting what I said about the crippled -->GPU<-- kernel.

Can you elaborate about that? I used the exact same kernels as used by most recent sgminer when i produced the second version of the miner (first version was really "crippled" because it was released in a hurry by Mr. Spread so that tsiv would release his nvidia version to the public). Wolf0 had not produced any of his optimizations for X11 yet, so at the time it was top technology. It is outdated now? perhaps it is, but that is not what i (and most people, BTW) understand by "crippled". So, please elaborate on that.

BTW, nvidia miner is not crippled in any way and uses the most current code for X11.

What do you find normal about a difficulty adjustment algo that decided to take a hike during the first 65 minutes after launch ?

Thanks for confirming my suspicions that SPR has been extensively easymined by what appears to be, a select few.

So Mr. Spread "lost" 80k flash/insta/easymine (may as well call it a PREMINE), eh ? How many others were duped into donating ?

I donated, nor had so much to give that time ( and still do not have my power of hashish is small ), and would donate again if need be, another thing, I met a person who claimed to have ideas boiling in his head, and I believe because when a person has something that will really make a difference he feels he has to spread, he came to beg adoption, and can rest assured the implementation of the master node is just the beginning to a much bigger thing.
I thank you for your attention!
And I wish you success!  Wink
Jesse Livermore

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 02:23:11 AM

I updated the client again.
As was discovered by elbandi it was impossible to create multisig addresses, I fixed this. Also multisig transactions were considered non-standard by network and were not rebroadcasted and not added to block (although they would be accepted if included in block).
If you need multisig addresses then generate them with newer version and wait for more nodes to upgrade before starting using them.
This is not a hardfork.

Download from: http://spreadcoin.net/

Masternode testing to start soon?

Mr. Spread? When do you open masternode test net???

I own a DASH Masternode.... And you should too.
girino
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1170

Advertise Here - PM for more info!

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 03:01:07 AM

(...)

Well, it works exactly as designed, so i can't see what you mean here. Care to elaborate?

I am quite glad to help. This is all public information, reading the first pages of this thread might be very useful for your criticisms. Please do so.

So, i might have misread what you wrote, but i did not see any answer or explanations about the "crippled" miners. Could you please,elaborate on that? Sorry to insist on it, but the way you are answering things makes the readers think that you your criticisms are based on childish dislike for the coin, and i am sure this is not the case. So, please elaborate on why you call "crippled" a miner that was made with the best open source technology available at the time.

Thanks for your time, and hope you do not get pissed with me asking all those questions. I really want to address your criticisms in the best way possible, without the childish finger pointing that has been the tone in the last posts.

Advertise Here - PM for more info!
soundwallet

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 03:03:22 AM

As was discovered by elbandi it was impossible to create multisig addresses, I fixed this. Also multisig transactions were considered non-standard by network and were not rebroadcasted and not added to block (although they would be accepted if included in block).
If you need multisig addresses then generate them with newer version and wait for more nodes to upgrade before starting using them.
This is not a hardfork.

He said at the end of this month.

soundwallet

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 03:12:35 AM

Is it possible to deploy more than one SPR MN in my LAN since SPR MNs don't require static IP??  Huh

Jesse Livermore

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 04:01:31 AM

This is not a hardfork.

He said at the end of this month.

Dude said he hoped at the end of the month. The GUI he posted last month has me hoping, too

I own a DASH Masternode.... And you should too.
MemoryShock

Activity: 728

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 04:05:22 AM

Nice decrease in price.  I saw the one post referencing support in the 40's last night while I was at work (couldn't do anything even if I wanted) and sure enough here we are.  I feel like I missed an opportunity...but realistically, the volume is low enough that there is little resistance back to the 60's.

Will be interesting to see what the MN's bring...

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  I/O DIGITAL
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
iodigital.io & iocoin.io

█████████████████
███████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████
█████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
MemoryShock

Activity: 728

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 04:21:38 AM

----------------------------------------------------------------
Mr. Spread, what about ETA on masternodes? You said you gonna release them in the middle of january.
I think I said that it will be in the second half of the January and then specified it to be the end of the January. This will be testing on testnet, depending on how well it will work out we will decide when it is ready for mainnet.

Meanwhile spreadcointalk.org is working, it is operated by georgem. Not everything is ready yet, feel free to leave suggestions about how it can be improved.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  I/O DIGITAL
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
iodigital.io & iocoin.io

█████████████████
███████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████
█████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
tminer

Activity: 182

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 06:06:30 AM
Last edit: January 25, 2015, 06:49:11 AM by tminer

some suggestions for price stabilization

1 .we need to attract to more miners to get the network hash to skyrocket. so spread really spreads and it would difficult to get spr, which in turns increases the price, the miner here also profited because of high value.
{getting 100 spr worth .1 usd = getting 1 spr worth 10 usd}

2. Cut the supply.  presently around 9000cns/day. At 41k sathoshi- daily 3.69 btc  to be pumped into market to get price stable, currently with few people aware of spr, it is not possible for a long time. so cutting coin supply to around 3000 would be better considering supply of btc/day.

3.Pump spr to around 2-5 usd and (at this stage it can easily done with few btcs ) and getting into more exchanges like cryptsy, bter etc, do some promotions to get more daily investors to keep price stable at 2 usd, with in turn attracts more miners and step one can be achieved.

idea of no-pools is a good one, which may be a greater factor for long term adoption, but altcoin market changes every day, new technology arrives each time, so we need to compete with them, so price is a major factor for to compete with, rather than die prematurely.[consider darkcoin-They are innovative at the same time with decent price]

InstantX may going to be our nuclear-weapon, if it gets implemented before dark and we get significant coverage in coindesk and other leading medias.

Edit: i think step 2 to be seriously considered because it takes around four years to reach 4725 coins/day

BTC   188Voq78hJpfTg7CQKACiy4XbaN1UxdGqf
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Activity: 1526

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2015, 07:17:17 AM

Is it possible to deploy more than one SPR MN in my LAN since SPR MNs don't require static IP??  Huh
I want to know this too. Mr. Spread's MN GUI picture shows multiple masternodes in control under one wallet. But he may just be using 3 different ip's.
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Activity: 1526

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2015, 08:04:41 AM

Hey guys, I just got back from the future in my Time Machine.

I took this screenshot and saved to my 1Tb thumbstick USB 3.1. Luckily its backwards compatible with 3.0. Smiley

Click on the picture for the full size.
oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 08:05:56 AM

InstantX may going to be our nuclear-weapon, if it gets implemented before dark and we get significant coverage in coindesk and other leading medias.

lol, you don't even have a network (let alone even structure of masternodes) and you're talking about IX. LMFAO.
Pages: « 1 ... 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 [197] 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 ... 434 »
  Print  

Jump to: