Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 03:51:33 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 [201] 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 ... 434 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes  (Read 810026 times)
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2015, 06:22:43 PM

Redcoin ?? hub ha,Redcoin ??!! Is that the coin trying to follow a dog(doge) ??
oh,please ,forget about it ,I dont even want to mention its name,indeed.
Redcoin? More like Deadcoin. Cheesy
soundwallet

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 06:23:29 PM

I must say that I do enjoy having SPR around and I am excited to see what happens.  I am not investing in it though, as I don´t see the added value proposition in terms of the end user compared to DRK.  The differences are of form,  do the masternodes a little different, do the mining a little different, but nothing different than DRK or BTC for the end user. For now the only end user directed feature I have heard of is copying InstantX from DRK, but DRK already has that. So no original added value from an end user perspective yet, lets see what the future holds.

On the other hand, I dont like investing in anonymous developers and also I have the feeling that some early holders have more power over the project than the developer himself. So in the end, I wouldnt know who I am entrusting my money with.

The last thing that I would say is that the DRK holders that are here have all their bases covered, they already own nice amounts of DRK and is not like they sold those to hold SPR. So the newbies here should be careful and do the same and cover their bases buy some DRK.  Some of the DRK holders here see this as a side investment if it does not go well they still have their DRK so they are OK if it goes well they make some profit, so they don't have much to loose.

Other DRK holders saw an opportunity to buy lots of this really cheap and promote it as an alternative within the community and then others bought that idea as they could buy more of this than they could DRK and are hoping for rewards. Those are all very good valid reasons to take a risk, but again, they all have their bases covered. If you are a newbie here with no DRK holdings you are assuming a greater risk than they are and that puts you at a disadvantage if you have decided you want to support this coin you must hedge your investment and buy some DRK, since for now it is trying to be a copy of a much more established coin, it makes no sense to only hold the copy.  The ones that hold the original and the copy too, have all their bases covered are doing it right. The ones that only hold the copy are running a greater risk and are at the hands of the first group.

Good luck with the project, lets see how it goes.   I am staying with DRK though a lot more to do still. Cheers.

You REALLY wanna talk about initial distribution, when DRK was mined at low diff with a higher block reward, before it was dropped lower, fucking everyone who mined later?

Also, there were some unplanned events that helped a lot with distribution, back in the early days there was a big hack on C-CEX I lost 1500USD on that hack. Where the hacker stole a bunch of BTC bought DRK with stolen coins, extract those DRK from C-CEX and dumped them all on Poloniex, people bought for nothing in Poloniex all of these stolen coins. Additionally, a lot of early holders are documented to have sold during the first bubble like InternetApe who sold 160K coins as he didn't know DRK was going to become what it did.  So time took care of distributing DRK properly.

Mr. Spread also lost all of his mined coins. Also, coins were being sold on exchanges for 1k satoshis early on. I got in at 3k. Anyone could have done that.
Lost or not,I dont care,as a original dev,he deserves some kind of reward.
If sb want to darken a coin,there are always some coins much more darker than SPR. Grin

Nthused
Legendary

Activity: 1554

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 06:24:07 PM

I've literally just started mining SPR, hopefully I hit a few blocks or so Smiley
soundwallet

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 06:24:27 PM

Redcoin ?? hub ha,Redcoin ??!! Is that the coin trying to follow a dog(doge) ??
oh,please ,forget about it ,I dont even want to mention its name,indeed.
Redcoin? More like Deadcoin. Cheesy
Yeah,dead dog~ no feeding about it plz.

soundwallet

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 06:25:50 PM

I've literally just started mining SPR, hopefully I hit a few blocks or so Smiley
yes ,you will. keep patient ~

soundwallet

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 06:32:12 PM

can we set up a sky group??so we can talk

e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2015, 06:36:06 PM

Add me: e1ghtSpace
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2015, 06:38:22 PM

Who likes this idea: (this goes under the mining tab)

VanityGen built into the wallet. Good idea?
soundwallet

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 06:40:57 PM

If that skype group is set up,you are the first one to be added.
I really hope SPR can be the light in the darkness   in the seas of scams and shitcoins.
well,next week,as I said before,it's the time to test SPR.If SPR pass the test,the path will be wider and brighter.Every investor will benefit a lot~

georgem
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2015, 06:42:21 PM

I really hope SPR can be light in the darkness and in the seas of scams and shitcoins.
well,next week,as I said before,it's the time to test SPR.If SPR pass the test,the path will be wider and brighter.Every investor will benefit a lot~

I've not used skype in a while, but I will consider joining your skype group.

Also, does anyone know who is managing the official spreadcoin twitter account?

https://twitter.com/spread_coin

Is it mr. spread?

soundwallet

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 06:45:02 PM

I really hope SPR can be the light in the darkness   in the seas of scams and shitcoins.
It's like a gambling ,huh? However the winning chance is much bigger ,from my previous experiences about SPR.

MyFarm

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 06:45:21 PM
Last edit: January 25, 2015, 07:56:13 PM by MyFarm

Again, you don't even have masternodes setup as a network to provide tx locking. Are you really going to want tx locking on say 50 masternodes? 100? How many is enough to actually provide viable consensus? People keep talking like IX is right around the corner here, maybe it is, but I question sensibility without any pre-existing infrastructure to support its design. Lots of dreamers here, that's for sure.

Why dreamers?

Darkcoin made a powerful masternode network happen in just one year, and this with the quite hefty price tag of 1000 DRK per MN.

SPR masternodes will be more flexible, both in price and in installation requirements.

Plus, the darkcoin people will probably be most interested in running a DRK and SPR masternode side by side... why shouldn't they, if they already have the infrastructure in place?
Sounds like a nice additional profit without any large expenses.

So far, this is nothing more than a glorified clone. The no-pool thing is gimmicky without standing the test of time in terms of whether or not this really will prevent creative pools from mining. Besides, isn't there a miner (or group of miners) that control in excess of 20% of the existing network hash. How is that decentralized? Further, the current distribution coupled with lack of volume only indicates that when the masternodes do come into play, it's going to remain incredibly centralized with only a handful of parties involved. When you have people owning in excess of 7% of the outstanding coins, you have problems. Evan has already done the heavy lifting here, IX code is out on github and has been since November (iirc). People make it seem like Mr. Spread is superior to Evan in terms of ability when there hasn't been anything truly innovative here. The SpreadX11 came from a mistake in playing with the blocktemplate which is currently the sole selling point of this coin. Did he find a potential vulnerability in DRK, sure, but if you have enough eyes looking at various areas of the codebase, you're bound to find bugs and the likes on new code that isn't even a year old. When Mr. Spread actually does something innovative besides taking code that Evan and team has already designed, then I will be interested. Until then, its a glorified clone with a gimmicky idea that hasn't stood the test of time in terms of viability.

Hi Oblox.  As you asked me not to talk about Spreadcoin in the Darkcoin thread, does this mean I can come back?  Smiley

I'm going to let you in on a little secret.  At one point in time, I suspect that between me, Internet Ape, and Evan, we owned in excess of 30% of the available Darkcoin.

At present, I own a bit more than 7% of Spreadcoin.  Now, I readily admit that isn't healthy for any currency and have slowly been giving it away and utilizing it in bounties.  As masternodes are released, I will be giving a LOT away to help secure and diversify the network.

Over time, just like Darkcoin, the distribution of SPR will improve.  
antonio8
Legendary

Activity: 1386

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 06:45:30 PM

I said "is currently" for a reason. Satoshi "currently" ain't kicking anyone's ass in programming crypto.

I know this is dumb but who's to say that Satoshi never created another "newbie" account and created another coin (besides sha256) just to see how it would go as an experiment to not have his name attached to it.

Maybe we'll no one day.

Or maybe we never will. (I bet this one)

If you are going to leave your BTC on an exchange please send it to this address instead 1GH3ub3UUHbU5qDJW5u3E9jZ96ZEmzaXtG, I will at least use the money better than someone who steals it from the exchange. Thanks Wink
soundwallet

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 06:53:18 PM

Again, you don't even have masternodes setup as a network to provide tx locking. Are you really going to want tx locking on say 50 masternodes? 100? How many is enough to actually provide viable consensus? People keep talking like IX is right around the corner here, maybe it is, but I question sensibility without any pre-existing infrastructure to support its design. Lots of dreamers here, that's for sure.

Why dreamers?

Darkcoin made a powerful masternode network happen in just one year, and this with the quite hefty price tag of 1000 DRK per MN.

SPR masternodes will be more flexible, both in price and in installation requirements.

Plus, the darkcoin people will probably be most interested in running a DRK and SPR masternode side by side... why shouldn't they, if they already have the infrastructure in place?
Sounds like a nice additional profit without any large expenses.

So far, this is nothing more than a glorified clone. The no-pool thing is gimmicky without standing the test of time in terms of whether or not this really will prevent creative pools from mining. Besides, isn't there a miner (or group of miners) that control in excess of 20% of the existing network hash. How is that decentralized? Further, the current distribution coupled with lack of volume only indicates that when the masternodes do come into play, it's going to remain incredibly centralized with only a handful of parties involved. When you have people owning in excess of 7% of the outstanding coins, you have problems. Evan has already done the heavy lifting here, IX code is out on github and has been since November (iirc). People make it seem like Mr. Spread is superior to Evan in terms of ability when there hasn't been anything truly innovative here. The SpreadX11 came from a mistake in playing with the blocktemplate which is currently the sole selling point of this coin. Did he find a potential vulnerability in DRK, sure, but if you have enough eyes looking at various areas of the codebase, you're bound to find bugs and the likes on new code that isn't even a year old. When Mr. Spread actually does something innovative besides taking code that Evan and team has already designed, then I will be interested. Until then, its a glorified clone with a gimmicky idea that hasn't stood the test of time in terms of viability.

Hi Oblox.  As you asked me not to talk about Spreadcoin in the Darkcoin thread, does this mean I can come back?  Smiley

I'm going to let you in on a little secret.  At one point I owned in excess of 18% of Darkcoin.  At that point in time, I suspect that between me, Internet Ape, and Evan, we owned in excess of 30% of the available Darkcoin.

At present, I own a bit more than 7% of Spreadcoin.  Now, I readily admit that isn't healthy for any currency and have slowly been giving it away and utilizing it in bounties.  As masternodes are released, I will be giving a LOT away to help secure and diversify the network.

Over time, just like Darkcoin, the distribution of SPR will improve.  
I really appreciate your generiocity,myfarm. you are a nice guy,you've done alot for spr,even you are a early adoptor.
SPR is a real  PoW coin in this year though GPU mining is falling....

MyFarm

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 06:53:39 PM

You just hate competition...

I for one love both coins, and think they will be of benefit to each other.

Actually, I love competition and so far, SPR isn't a threat (it doesn't have the network, the hash power, the market cap, the team size (talent pool), the distribution, the volume, and the innovation that DRK already has). Should Mr. Spread create some sort of improvement, I know Evan will use it, but I'm still waiting.

What I do hate is not giving credit where credit is due and the naive nature of nearly everyone in here. I'm going back to lurking until more BS is spewed.

At present, Darkcoin not only has reference nodes, enforcement is off because the network forks when it is on.  While I love Darkcoin and want it to succeed (and think it will) make no mistake, its position is highly vulnerable right now.  Any investor not hedging is not a smart investor.
soundwallet

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 06:55:27 PM

You just hate competition...

I for one love both coins, and think they will be of benefit to each other.

Actually, I love competition and so far, SPR isn't a threat (it doesn't have the network, the hash power, the market cap, the team size (talent pool), the distribution, the volume, and the innovation that DRK already has). Should Mr. Spread create some sort of improvement, I know Evan will use it, but I'm still waiting.

What I do hate is not giving credit where credit is due and the naive nature of nearly everyone in here. I'm going back to lurking until more BS is spewed.

At present, Darkcoin not only has reference nodes, enforcement is off because the network forks when it is on.  While I love Darkcoin and want it to succeed (and think it will) make no mistake, its position is highly vulnerable right now.  Any investor not hedging is not a smart investor.
Good point~~,indeed

e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2015, 07:08:06 PM

I really hope SPR can be light in the darkness and in the seas of scams and shitcoins.

I've not used skype in a while, but I will consider joining your skype group.

Also, does anyone know who is managing the official spreadcoin twitter account?

https://twitter.com/spread_coin

Is it mr. spread?
I believe so
MyFarm

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 07:19:56 PM

I must say that I do enjoy having SPR around and I am excited to see what happens.  I am not investing in it though, as I don´t see the added value proposition in terms of the end user compared to DRK.  The differences are of form,  do the masternodes a little different, do the mining a little different, but nothing different than DRK or BTC for the end user. For now the only end user directed feature I have heard of is copying InstantX from DRK, but DRK already has that. So no original added value from an end user perspective yet, lets see what the future holds.

On the other hand, I dont like investing in anonymous developers and also I have the feeling that some early holders have more power over the project than the developer himself. So in the end, I wouldnt know who I am entrusting my money with.

The last thing that I would say is that the DRK holders that are here have all their bases covered, they already own nice amounts of DRK and is not like they sold those to hold SPR. So the newbies here should be careful and do the same and cover their bases buy some DRK.  Some of the DRK holders here see this as a side investment if it does not go well they still have their DRK so they are OK if it goes well they make some profit, so they don't have much to loose.

Other DRK holders saw an opportunity to buy lots of this really cheap and promote it as an alternative within the community and then others bought that idea as they could buy more of this than they could DRK and are hoping for rewards. Those are all very good valid reasons to take a risk, but again, they all have their bases covered. If you are a newbie here with no DRK holdings you are assuming a greater risk than they are and that puts you at a disadvantage if you have decided you want to support this coin you must hedge your investment and buy some DRK, since for now it is trying to be a copy of a much more established coin, it makes no sense to only hold the copy.  The ones that hold the original and the copy too, have all their bases covered are doing it right. The ones that only hold the copy are running a greater risk and are at the hands of the first group.

Good luck with the project, lets see how it goes.   I am staying with DRK though a lot more to do still. Cheers.

I appreciate your reasoned perspective and mature approach, thanks for taking part in the discussion.  A few things:

1.  Mr. Spread is very likely anonymous because cryptocurrency isn't legal where he resides.

2.  Very recently in the thread I made a suggestion on the direction Spreadcoin should go.  I own a boatload of SPR.  Mr. Spread said no.  I'm not used to being told no and my very first reaction that lasted about 10 seconds was feeling very pissed.  But then a smile crept across my face as I realized the value of Mr. Spread being in control of the direction of this coin and having the strength to tell a large investor no (this is not common).

3.  I agree holding both DRK and SPR is a good idea.  See #4.

4.  I like people like you having skin in the game and we both agree on #3.  As such, if you'd like 1,000 SPR for free, PM me.
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2015, 07:31:31 PM

4.  I like people like you having skin in the game and we both agree on #3.  As such, if you'd like 1,000 SPR for free, PM me.
That's very kind of you. +1
Stormkeeper

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 08:24:09 PM

That's very kind of you. +1
I was happy when I got 15 SPR from you MyFarm  Grin And now you give away 1000 SPR. You are a generous man for sure, I wish more ppl in the crypto world was as good hearted as that. Keep up the good work.
Pages: « 1 ... 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 [201] 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 ... 434 »
  Print  

Jump to: