Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:06:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 [239] 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 ... 434 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes  (Read 810024 times)
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2015, 03:55:54 AM

Hey guys, I think we can fix pool mining!!

I just need to know how the hashing works (like, what gets hashed and in which order). Can someone please tell me?
Bump.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pokeytex
Legendary

Activity: 1504
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 04:01:33 AM

1) Private pools are not open pools, they will not let anyone join. Because every miner needs the privkey to mine, anyone untrusted will steal the mined coins. So real pools and multipools, never.

2) If you check the updated Network Hashrate from the OP, then you will see the biggest miner is 5%, not 25% (address SkRo). The largest portion on that chart (78%) is hundreds of small addresses all mining, the very essence of decentralization. The chart at the very bottom is historical (not current), and the largest address only mined for a month last year when the diff was lower.

3) Not even close, please do better research.
[/quote]

+1

girino
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1170

Advertise Here - PM for more info!

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 04:03:28 AM

I just need to know how the hashing works (like, what gets hashed and in which order). Can someone please tell me?
Bump.

you should take a look at the code, but it goes roughly like this:

1- the whole block is hashed with double sha2.
2- the header, except for the hash above is signed with the private key and the least significant 5 bits of the nonce
3- results from 1 and 2 are appended to the header
4- the header is hashed with X11
5- compare with target, publish if it was reached, start again if not.

girino
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 04:08:10 AM

And just so that everyone understand:

1- are pools possible? YES
2- are there already any pools? YES, private ones, at least one
3- are big pools possible? Maybe, but they are not economical.
4- Why? because anyone can steal the block found, so in practice, it is equivalent to solo mining.
5- since the restriction are economical and not technical, isn't there an economical work around for making pools possible? maybe, but no one has thought of them yet.
6- what happens if someone think of them? We, as a community, and Mr. Spread as the main dev will have to outsmart them and come up with new economical restrictions to pooling.

pokeytex
Legendary

Activity: 1504
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 04:23:29 AM

4- Why? because anyone can steal the block found, so in practice, it is equivalent to solo mining.
5- since the restriction are economical and not technical, isn't there an economical work around for making pools possible? maybe, but no one has thought of them yet.
6- what happens if someone think of them? We, as a community, and Mr. Spread as the main dev will have to outsmart them and come up with new economical restrictions to pooling.

I am cool with that #6 - nothing lasts forever.

girino
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 04:28:24 AM

I am cool with that #6 - nothing lasts forever.

My personal opinion, and i make it clear here that this is an opinion, not a fact, is that we will never see an workaround for the economical restrictions for two main reasons:
1- no one fucking cares
2- they are based in very strong and longly established  game theory concepts (mainly, iterated prisoner's dilema)

LiteMine

Activity: 380
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 04:28:37 AM

Troll Challenge: start an open SPR pool so we can all see how long it takes one person to sweep all the mined coins and run off. Smiley
Nthused
Legendary

Activity: 1554

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 05:00:15 AM

Well the last 4 pages has been and interesting read.

It's funny how the Trolls stopped after they were given an explanation on how Spreadcoin works as everyone mines with their private keys & if pooled mining there would have to be 100% Trust from each miner which is far and few between in the cryptoworld for that to even succeed.

I have the utmost faith in Mr.Spread, look at what he has done in the last few days even with the whole Darkcoin thing.
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2015, 05:25:04 AM

Yea rite.. I looked the other day and a single spread address controlled over 25% of the network, get your facts straight.

Wether it's pools or single miners, I tend to think the latter is worse. At least pools have accountability in which they have to obey to the network policies up to some point to ensure their miners get paid. I'd rather have 25% of a network in the hand of a pool op having 500 users behind vs a single farmer.

Do you have a way to disprove my opinon? How can mine be fud and your's not?

Edit; also large pools is just a question of time as the "solo" edge of Spreadcoin has been flawed, hence I saw it had it's purpose beaten.

Welcome aboard louiseth1. Smiley

Little do these third party interventionist ponzi pushers realize, it is the general public who is ignoring them. They, just as you and I, can see right through the lies and self imposed FUD.

@all
Please read Mr Spread's and let me know if I've missed anything. --> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=360096

spreadnodes

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 05:57:25 AM

Just remember that I coined the term Ponzi Nodes.

It's so obvious what these guys are doing. 

It's the same six or seven accounts constantly posting how great spreadnodeshitcoin is.  They did the same with darkcoin.  Scumbags all of them.

Look at the trading on Bittrex.  It's obvious that they are trading to themselves. 

These are the same guys that were pumping darkcoin.  Just a few months ago they were claiming darkcoin was going to overtake litecoin.  Some were claiming $300 a coin darkcoin.

Now these same people/person and all their btctalk accounts are saying the same thing about spreadcoin. 

Private optimized miner

Private pools

Instamine

Same scammers that pumped darkcoin and made a plethora of bagholders.

Don't fall for this scam.  These guys are trading to thamselves to manipulate the price.  They will take your btc.  That's all they want.

Ask yourself this.

If this coin is so great then why don't they talk about real world usage?  I'll tell you why.  Because they want to turn it into another masternode ponzi where they don't have to spend a dime to mine since they already mined all the coins.  They just sit back and collect coins because they have them.

Only fools fall for this confidence scam.

Nthused
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 06:09:39 AM

I'd just like to point out that there are 303 tSPR Masternodes online now at this point in time, let the payments begin Smiley
njs811

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 06:12:49 AM

It's the same six or seven accounts constantly posting how great spreadnodeshitcoin is.  They did the same with darkcoin.  Scumbags all of them.

Look at the trading on Bittrex.  It's obvious that they are trading to themselves. 

These are the same guys that were pumping darkcoin.  Just a few months ago they were claiming darkcoin was going to overtake litecoin.  Some were claiming $300 a coin darkcoin.

Now these same people/person and all their btctalk accounts are saying the same thing about spreadcoin. 

Private optimized miner

Private pools

Instamine

Don't fall for this scam.  These guys are trading to thamselves to manipulate the price.  They will take your btc.  That's all they want.

Ask yourself this.

If this coin is so great then why don't they talk about real world usage?  I'll tell you why.  Because they want to turn it into another masternode ponzi where they don't have to spend a dime to mine since they already mined all the coins.  They just sit back and collect coins because they have them.

I am having trouble believing you... Your name seems contradictory.
Nthused
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 06:46:55 AM

It's the same six or seven accounts constantly posting how great spreadnodeshitcoin is.  They did the same with darkcoin.  Scumbags all of them.

Look at the trading on Bittrex.  It's obvious that they are trading to themselves.  

These are the same guys that were pumping darkcoin.  Just a few months ago they were claiming darkcoin was going to overtake litecoin.  Some were claiming $300 a coin darkcoin.

Private optimized miner

Private pools

Instamine

Don't fall for this scam.  These guys are trading to thamselves to manipulate the price.  They will take your btc.  That's all they want.

Ask yourself this.

If this coin is so great then why don't they talk about real world usage?  I'll tell you why.  Because they want to turn it into another masternode ponzi where they don't have to spend a dime to mine since they already mined all the coins.  They just sit back and collect coins because they have them.

It's also mostly the same guys bitching about how horrid Spread is - oh, and most of them are newbie accounts. Instamine? Hardly. Some people mined early, and you didn't get to - that's what "instamine" means. Put on your big girl panties and deal with it. Pools can only exist if every miner trust every other miner - Spread still has achieved its goal.

Well said, also can't wait for this new Card Specified Miner Wolf0 Smiley
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2015, 06:51:26 AM

Bump.

2- the header, except for the hash above is signed with the private key and the least significant 5 bits of the nonce
Basically, we need to take out the whole private key part so that anyone can claim a valid block to their address. Then once we find a block, submit it with our address attached for the funds to be sent to it.

This means that if you are mining for a pool, you can submit shares but give the blocks that you find to yourself.

But in order to stop people from stealing found blocks, by attaching their own address instead of the block finder, we need to:

Send sha2 hash of (found block + miner's address) to 6 (random?) masternodes.
Masternodes confirm that they have received the hash and if it is a valid block, will count it.
Miner then sends an un sha2'd version of block (found block + miner's address)
Masternodes all sign message saying that the block was found and put it onto the blockchain.
Attackers will need to control 4 of the 6 masternodes to replace the miner's address with their own.

Boom! Done! Hopefully.   Although it's probaly not going to work.

Will it work?
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2015, 07:34:49 AM

Do you think this'll work?

Bump.

Basically, we need to take out the whole private key part so that anyone can claim a valid block to their address. Then once we find a block, submit it with our address attached for the funds to be sent to it.

This means that if you are mining for a pool, you can submit shares but give the blocks that you find to yourself.

But in order to stop people from stealing found blocks, by attaching their own address instead of the block finder, we need to:

Masternodes confirm that they have received the hash and if it is a valid block, will count it.
Masternodes all sign message saying that the block was found and put it onto the blockchain.
Attackers will need to control 4 of the 6 masternodes to replace the miner's address with their own.

Boom! Done! Hopefully.   Although it's probaly not going to work.

Will it work?
Nthused
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 07:40:56 AM

It's the same six or seven accounts constantly posting how great spreadnodeshitcoin is.  They did the same with darkcoin.  Scumbags all of them.

Look at the trading on Bittrex.  It's obvious that they are trading to themselves.  

These are the same guys that were pumping darkcoin.  Just a few months ago they were claiming darkcoin was going to overtake litecoin.  Some were claiming $300 a coin darkcoin.

Private optimized miner

Private pools

Instamine

Don't fall for this scam.  These guys are trading to thamselves to manipulate the price.  They will take your btc.  That's all they want.

Ask yourself this.

If this coin is so great then why don't they talk about real world usage?  I'll tell you why.  Because they want to turn it into another masternode ponzi where they don't have to spend a dime to mine since they already mined all the coins.  They just sit back and collect coins because they have them.

It's also mostly the same guys bitching about how horrid Spread is - oh, and most of them are newbie accounts. Instamine? Hardly. Some people mined early, and you didn't get to - that's what "instamine" means. Put on your big girl panties and deal with it. Pools can only exist if every miner trust every other miner - Spread still has achieved its goal.

Well said, also can't wait for this new Card Specified Miner Wolf0 Smiley

card specified miner?

I meant the new miners you have been working on for increased hashrate, I thought you were working on both AMD & Nvidia versions.
bitman008

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 08:11:00 AM

and 50% faster gpu miner  Grin

cryptmin4r

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 08:14:01 AM
Last edit: January 29, 2015, 08:24:57 AM by cryptmin4r

It seems pool operator's got irritated with spread concept. They fear more clones of spread will come and finish these pools job.

louiseth1 is associated with suchpool [ www.SuchPool.pw ]
some of the history how this pool deal with it's miners

in saturncoin
I'm talking on behalf of suchpool.pw. Please note that NO FUNDS have been stolen from ANY users. We are legit, and not scammers at all.

Our problem with payouts was caused by many cronlocks.

in flapp coin
SADLY, absolutely NO user contacted us either by mail or our IRC channel to let us know about any issues. Please don't come cry in here before trying to get support from US. Afterall, if you mine with us, we are in the best place to help you.

No user payouts have been stole, nothing has changed, except we mined a lot of orphans. Please bear with us as this was NOT caused by suchpool in any way.

in darkcoin

Hi users,

For those wondering why Dark.SuchPool.pw has it's mining interrupted, here's why:

There has been a new stratum exploit found. We have been victim of that exploit, and are currently patching our multiple stratums servers to counter this attack

In Hirocoin
Basically, our HiroCoin pool has been hit by multiple types of attacks simultaneously. We have had some Stratum DoS that we managed to mitigate as best we could, but we received some attacks through cloudflare on hirocoin's front end that shook off the entire front end server.

We never scammed any user out of their coin.

from bittor. A user comments his experiance

THIS IS A SCAM COIN BY SUCHPOOL  DONT MINE IT LOOK AT THE BLOCKS AT LAUNCH

you can check more details at bittor and all other coin threads.

IF SPREAD COIN WINS there will no more cheating from those mamMooth pools

i think most of miner's have those horrible experience with those cheating pools.  And only those few geniune pools are exempted
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2015, 08:54:51 AM

Bump.

Will it work?

Wouldn't that... enable pools?

Umm... No?

I don't think you have understood what I've said. Can you take a look again please?
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2015, 09:40:39 AM

Bump.

Will it work?

Wouldn't that... enable pools?

Umm... No?

I don't think you have understood what I've said. Can you take a look again please?

This idea makes pools worse, it seems - first of all, you can't have a block + an address. You need to have a coinbase transaction going to the miner. Second, this way, miner is not proving the ability to spend the coinbase tx.
Hmm... Ok I think I know what you mean.

So how about everyone must mine with the exact same private key to find a block.
When a block is found, the funds get sent to the miner's address, which he specifies somehow.
But before he releases the block info, first:

Miner sends 6 (random?) masternodes an sha2 hash of (the block he found + a transaction to his address).
The 6 Masternodes confirm (sign a message maybe) that if the hash turns out to be a valid block, it will be added to the blockchain and the transaction will be confirmed. (this is to stop people from stealing the block)
Miner then sends an un sha2'd version of the block he found + a transaction to his address.
The 6 Masternodes all sign message saying that the block was found and record it to the blockchain.

If the client receives a message from 4 of the 6 masternodes that the block was found + the transaction then they add it to their blockchain.
Attackers will need to control 4 of the 6 masternodes to replace the miner's transaction with their own.

Does that work?
Pages: « 1 ... 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 [239] 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 ... 434 »
  Print  

Jump to: