Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 10:04:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 [256] 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 ... 434 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes  (Read 810025 times)
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 04:43:03 PM

Also just wondering is anyone working on a mobile wallet?

elbandi has ported us a spreadcoinj and SJRuilez83 says he might have a go at an android wallet shortly: http://spreadcointalk.org/index.php?topic=35.0
kiindje

Activity: 166
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 04:48:22 PM

Testing still going on in test net.

If you like to join us and get a first feeling of how masternodes and instantx will work,
come join us:

http://spreadcointalk.org/index.php?topic=37.0

Attention, this is test net, so we are using tSPR, not real SPR.

Ask for some tSPR in this thread:

http://spreadcointalk.org/index.php?topic=40.0

(You are going to need 100 tSPR to install a masternode and you don't need a server to run a masternode, your wallet/desktop pc will do)

so this means that in order to have a masternode, your wallet/desktop needs to be running 24/7 i guess?
MyFarm

Activity: 854

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 04:56:14 PM

Testing still going on in test net.

If you like to join us and get a first feeling of how masternodes and instantx will work,
come join us:

http://spreadcointalk.org/index.php?topic=37.0

Attention, this is test net, so we are using tSPR, not real SPR.

Ask for some tSPR in this thread:

http://spreadcointalk.org/index.php?topic=40.0

(You are going to need 100 tSPR to install a masternode and you don't need a server to run a masternode, your wallet/desktop pc will do)

so this means that in order to have a masternode, your wallet/desktop needs to be running 24/7 i guess?
Or set it up on a VPS: http://spreadcointalk.org/index.php?topic=45.0
mrcashking

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 05:02:50 PM

Also just wondering is anyone working on a mobile wallet?

elbandi has ported us a spreadcoinj and SJRuilez83 says he might have a go at an android wallet shortly: http://spreadcointalk.org/index.php?topic=35.0

Ok great
NoobKidOnTheBlock

Activity: 770

FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 05:21:16 PM

Sorry in advance for my English again, but I feel like I need to say something.

One thing 'they' still haven't tried. 51% attack. If this troll band will find some very big miner with very big GPU farm who will be interested in such panic. Difficulty is low enough for this. With last dumps, maybe they are preparing for this.

Cryptoworld needs Spreadcoin. It's the best BTC fork for now IMHO. I guess they're trying to harm it not even just to buy cheap because (1) it's so cheap just now that anybody can buy a big chunk and (2) FUD can also harm the future of the coin. No, I guess it's different. They actually fear this coin and its perspective.

Just now SPR have:

1) solo-mining (trolls try to pretend they do not understand how it works and try to pretend they did not read White Paper, so they continue speaking bullshit). It's most protected coin (only low difficulty makes it more vulnerable for now, but anyway, in theory, nothing except ASICs can save any small coin from 51% GPU rape).
2) compact transactions (with the same number of transactions SPR blockchain can be about twice smaller than the BTC blockchain)
3) incentive for miners to include in a block as many transactions as possible (but, in other hand, it can bloat the blockchain with a spam: maybe, SPR will need some minimum transaction commission in the future).
4) honest and competent developer
5) amazing, effective and stong, though not so big, community. It's so strong because of (1-4). They are here not just to buy cheap/sell high. SPR is not HYPE coin, as many, many altcoins out of here. We hope for the better future of cryptocurrency.
6) (in testnet) new mechanism (and I have the courage to say - better mechanism) for Masternodes, concept borrowed from Darkcoin.

What SPR will have (I hope):

7) instant transactions mechanism through MN - it's BIG and EVIDENT advantage for real usage of this coin. How comfortably to use BTC for regular shoping etc.?
Cool mixing of transactions a-la Darkcoin. It's even bigger advantage than (7).
And don't forget, SPR has different MN implementation. Based on blockchain, without forks and reference nodes.

I'm not so interested in speculative trading of SPR nor its price. Just as BTC believers don't care much about BTC price. Personally I can not help much our community. But many of us did amazing work for SPR, for which Mr. Spread had no time or skills. We only don't have many programing support, but for now it's totally not needed. Let's our Satoshi finish his main part first. When SPR will be finished, I hope it will be big and maybe others people will start to work with it's code. Like Spreadcoin Foundation or something.

Also. If anybody have technical description (not source code itself) about how DRK DarkSend works, please give me a link. It's strange I can not find any information about it exept virtually promo/shill. I don't understand how it works so I worry. But I have confidence in Mr. Spread. Also I don't understand how MN confirmations can work. I don't understand how it can still confirm TX in a wrong chain.
+100 Cheesy

I couldn't agree more with everything you just said there my friend Smiley The greatest fact of all of this is that all these newbie accounts trying to FUD and STIR the pot for SpreadCoin only shows people with half a brain how much people are actually beginning to fear what SpreadCoin is setting out to accomplish Smiley But instead of trolling and FUDDING from their "REAL" accounts they use their sock puppet accounts to try and destroy this coin or lower the price of it so they can get in for cheap because anyone who takes the time to read through the whitepaper and this thread can see as clear as day that Mr. Spread is a very competent developer who has a set goal in mind for this wonderful coin that he created and he has no plans of quitting on it or pumping and dumping it ever!! In my opinion SpreadCoin is like Mr. Spread's first born child where he will do everything that he can to take care of that child(coin) to make sure that it grows up to be BIG HEALTHY and STRONG!!  I have to admit though it is getting pretty sad that I can barely come on this thread anymore without page after page of "user is ignored" posts from all the newbie shill accounts Sad But I also know that it signals the start of great things to come because when I first started posting in the SpreadCoin thread it was all upbeat positive people discussing the possibilities and the future of this coin and once that future started to become a reality that's when all of a sudden troll after troll after troll came sneaking out from under their bridges!! I have been nonstop trying to convince investor friends of mine who are skeptical about the whole cryptocurrency thing that if they were to invest a little bit of money into SpreadCoin and be willing to let that investment sit for a half a year to year tops that they would see at least a 25% gain on their investment and that's being modest!! I honestly think that once this coin really starts to be noticed and starts to take off that anyone who was smart enough not to dump their coins during the GREAT FUD of the SPREVOLUTION will be handsomely rewarded BIG TIME!!

Now with that being said I have to go set some buy orders for some more Spread because I may name myself the NoobKidOnTheBlock but I am far from being a child or inexperienced Wink Cheers

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇
............NoobKidOnThe.BLOCK.....

A-tM

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 05:26:55 PM

This coin is a joke.  The five or six main cheerleaders posting are a bunch of adolescent teenage boys.  Look at the past few pages.  It's a joke.  This coin offers nothing.  Not solo mining only, private optimized miners, majority of coins in the hands of a few pumpers that trade back and forth between themselves to make it look like there is volume.  

In the world of idiots facts = fud

Bunch of morons pumping another shitcoin with shitnodes.  No plan for any actual use.  Just a plot to hold a bunch of coins in nodes that pay them.    

It is ridiculous. Every reasonable man can see how much effort fudders put into bashing this coin.
If it is so poor, then POST YOUR OPININON ONCE, and move away.
You can rest assured, your precious opinion will be seen even in that case.

This is the way how normal human behaves. You have right to express your opininon, but no SPAM and abuse others' good will.

If you still stay here and continue, it is very clear that you do not say what you really think. Or you have so much waste time in your life, that you long to dedicate it to this "shitcoin"  Grin
You fudders are really poor.
thelonecrouton
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 05:27:51 PM

Quick visual reminder of Spread's pool-free solo mining - this is a thing of beauty:

For contrast, here is Darkcoin:

ivcelmik

Activity: 519
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2015, 05:31:21 PM

Quick visual reminder of Spread's pool-free solo mining - this is a thing of beauty:

Great news!!! Gg Spreadcoin!:)
stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 05:51:57 PM

I don't understand how you can claim Spreadcoin to be pool free!  We know there are some pools running.  And if it turns out to be beneficial, you can bet your ass there will be more to come in the future!
thelonecrouton
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 05:58:21 PM

I don't understand how you can claim Spreadcoin to be pool free!  We know there are some pools running.  And if it turns out to be beneficial, you can bet your ass there will be more to come in the future!

This has been addressed many times. You can't stop a bunch of friends who trust each other from collaborating, but by requiring that each pool member has to trust every other pool member, you can ensure that pools remain small efforts between well trusted friends. It just doesn't scale to anywhere near the level of centralised horror that plagues most PoW coins.

Spread's block structure is working exactly as intended.  Smiley
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2015, 06:01:20 PM

<suspicious link removed>

<suspicious link removed>

Please prove your allegation that thousands of small miners make up 80% of the network.

You should also look into finding a better image hosting service..
http://quttera.com/detailed_report/s30.postimg.org

Same url as the first scan.. different IP addy and country of origin.
http://quttera.com/detailed_report/s30.postimg.org

http://quttera.com/detailed_report/s10.postimg.org

stonehedge
Legendary

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 06:02:40 PM

This has been addressed many times. You can't stop a bunch of friends who trust each other from collaborating, but by requiring that each pool member has to trust every other pool member, you can ensure that pools remain small efforts between well trusted friends. It just doesn't scale to anywhere near the level of centralised horror that plagues most PoW coins.

But its still a pool.  Stop claiming Spreadcoin to be pool free!  I like to think you have known me long enough to know that I tend not to troll or FUD but it is full on bullshit to claim that a coin that has pools (albeit currently small private ones) is pool free!
mrcashking

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 06:02:49 PM

I thought we discussed this pool thing already. Go try to make a public pool and you'll find out why It can't be done.  Or make a private one and invite me into it. And I'll show you why thats still a risk. lol Don't get me wrong im sure some genius can think of a way around it one day.
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2015, 06:04:13 PM

LOL

Finally, a shill admits that pools exist.

stonehedge
Legendary

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 06:11:21 PM

I thought we discussed this pool thing already. Go try to make a public pool and you'll find out why It can't be done.  Or make a private one and invite me into it. And I'll show you why thats still a risk. lol

I have no trouble understanding why it is currently not feasible to run a public pool. 

Spreadcoin has pools though. 

You just said that private pools are in operation. 

Look, I don't want to get caught up in this because I generally just observe this thread and SPR github but Spreadcoin supporters saying that the coin is pool-less but in the next sentence explaining that there are private pools just makes you all sound a bit silly.  Either a coin has pools or it doesn't. 

Spreadcoin has pools.

stonehedge
Legendary

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 06:12:07 PM

LOL

Finally, a shill admits that pools exist.

thelonecrouton is not a shill.  Ignored.
mrcashking

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 06:16:35 PM

Coin has been out since june or july 2014, Theres one test private pool and the pool operator explains multiple times what it's for.
NoobKidOnTheBlock

Activity: 770

FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 06:17:47 PM

This coin is a joke.  The five or six main cheerleaders posting are a bunch of adolescent teenage boys.  Look at the past few pages.  It's a joke.  This coin offers nothing.  Not solo mining only, private optimized miners, majority of coins in the hands of a few pumpers that trade back and forth between themselves to make it look like there is volume.  

Bunch of morons pumping another shitcoin with shitnodes.  No plan for any actual use.  Just a plot to hold a bunch of coins in nodes that pay them.    

It is ridiculous. Every reasonable man can see how much effort fudders put into bashing this coin.

This is the way how normal human behaves. You have right to express your opininon, but no SPAM and abuse others' good will.

If you still stay here and continue, it is very clear that you do not say what you really think. Or you have so much waste time in your life, that you long to dedicate it to this "shitcoin"  Grin
Thank you for saying that Wink Like I love how FUDDERS actually think that people would actually think that they are being GOOD SAMARITANS and TRYING to SAVE people from losing MONEY!! Hahahaha I totally agree with you that if you have an opinion about a coin then say it once and be done with it! Or if you are going to make claims and accusations then have proof to back it up! I never when I started trading and dealing with CryptoCurrencies thought that the majority of this world is full of GREEDY IGNORANT CHILDISH ASSHOLES!! And people wonder why it's taking so long for Crypto to be an everyday way of life!! It's because of losers who cry "WOLF, WOLF" to startle the people and cause panic and make people lose money because they are new to this whole Crypto Scene and they don't know any better Smiley I say this because when I first started with trading and Altcoins and BitcoinTalk I was such a foolish trader who would make stupid buys and then dump at 50% loss on coins I had good faith in but as soon as they started showing promise of being successful the threads would swarm with person after person SCREAMING SCAM SCAM and I will admit I was foolish and fell for those tricks because I was uneducated about the tricks and the ways to determine what was fact and what was myth!  I can confidently say that now I pride myself on being a decent trader with a good sense of determining what to believe and what to just ignore and shrug off and I just hope that other people know this too!!

As for SpreadCoin being pool mined it's like Mr. Spread said and anyone who takes the time to read everything about SpreadCoin will tell you and knows that maybe their is the possibility of pools being created but the hassle and the trust you have to put into the pools or other miners makes it not even worth setting up the pools for this coin.  Don't believe me??? Then explain to me why not even one of the Big pool sites like Suprnova or Minerpools or Coinminers or any other big pools have even attempted to pool mine this coin?  From what I've seen in Crypto is if there is a coin worth pool mining those 3 are usually all over that shit!! So the fact that there isn't any pools from any of these operators can only clearly suggest that it is not even worth the time and effort to do it!  With that said I wish everyone a great day and SPREAD the word about this wonderful coin and let's start directing our energy to how we can help this coin grow more and become more widely accepted by the masses Wink Cheers

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇
............NoobKidOnThe.BLOCK.....

mrcashking

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 06:18:40 PM
Last edit: February 02, 2015, 06:38:14 PM by mrcashking

SPR is no a solo-mining(decentralized)coin any longer

Wrong.
So you are the owner of that pool and you confirm that SpreadCoin can not be pool mined? What for is then this pool? Is it only for trusted miners?

Correct, it is extremely unlikely there will ever be any other pools, this was merely a test to that.

For example a noob comes in here and ask wheres the pool because he wants to mine this coin. We can't give them one cause there isn't one. lol So we Gotta tell them there is "no pool." you have to solo mine cut straight to the chase because there isn't a pool.
mrcashking

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 06:24:23 PM

Thank you for saying that Wink Like I love how FUDDERS actually think that people would actually think that they are being GOOD SAMARITANS and TRYING to SAVE people from losing MONEY!! Hahahaha I totally agree with you that if you have an opinion about a coin then say it once and be done with it! Or if you are going to make claims and accusations then have proof to back it up! I never when I started trading and dealing with CryptoCurrencies thought that the majority of this world is full of GREEDY IGNORANT CHILDISH ASSHOLES!! And people wonder why it's taking so long for Crypto to be an everyday way of life!! It's because of losers who cry "WOLF, WOLF" to startle the people and cause panic and make people lose money because they are new to this whole Crypto Scene and they don't know any better Smiley I say this because when I first started with trading and Altcoins and BitcoinTalk I was such a foolish trader who would make stupid buys and then dump at 50% loss on coins I had good faith in but as soon as they started showing promise of being successful the threads would swarm with person after person SCREAMING SCAM SCAM and I will admit I was foolish and fell for those tricks because I was uneducated about the tricks and the ways to determine what was fact and what was myth!  I can confidently say that now I pride myself on being a decent trader with a good sense of determining what to believe and what to just ignore and shrug off and I just hope that other people know this too!!

As for SpreadCoin being pool mined it's like Mr. Spread said and anyone who takes the time to read everything about SpreadCoin will tell you and knows that maybe their is the possibility of pools being created but the hassle and the trust you have to put into the pools or other miners makes it not even worth setting up the pools for this coin.  Don't believe me??? Then explain to me why not even one of the Big pool sites like Suprnova or Minerpools or Coinminers or any other big pools have even attempted to pool mine this coin?  From what I've seen in Crypto is if there is a coin worth pool mining those 3 are usually all over that shit!! So the fact that there isn't any pools from any of these operators can only clearly suggest that it is not even worth the time and effort to do it!  With that said I wish everyone a great day and SPREAD the word about this wonderful coin and let's start directing our energy to how we can help this coin grow more and become more widely accepted by the masses Wink Cheers

Well said. Noobkidontheblock :-)
Pages: « 1 ... 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 [256] 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 ... 434 »
  Print  

Jump to: