Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:29:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 [258] 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 ... 434 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes  (Read 810025 times)
NoobKidOnTheBlock

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 07:59:15 PM

I am seeing a dying coin supported by a group of idiots.
I see a shill account for someone who is too much of a pussy to use his real account to spread his FUD!

NoobKids Tips to spot a SHILL account

1.When was this account created? Hmmmm 6 months ago and they are still a NEWBIE??? SHILL

2.How many of this accounts posts are generally FUD towards coins? Almost all of them? SHILL

3.How often does this NEWBIE account agree with all the other NEWBIE accounts FUDDING the thread? Almost everytime? SHILL

4.When called out on their accusations do they answer your question with credible proof or do they just repeat what they have been posting but they keep doing it IN BIG RED LETTERS! SHILL

5.Do they just call people idiots when they don't agree with their trolling? YES??? SHILL

6.Do they post FUD then all of a sudden are offline pretty much right after they post? YES?? SHILL

Noob's Final Thoughts:

To all you Trolls and FUDDERS out there in the Crypto World, Grow a FUCKING pair of balls and use your regular account when trying to SCREAM SCAM about coins!! You are hiding behind your computer screens anyways so why go through the hassle of creating a bunch of accounts just so you can log into them to try to destroy a coin? To be honest that just seems like way too much work for me LOL Also I have the balls that if I think something is wrong or a scam I call it right out from the only account that I have here!  

Thanks for your time today everyone and Happy Trading Wink

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇
............NoobKidOnThe.BLOCK.....

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
defunctec
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 08:10:52 PM

Troll Challenge: start an open registration SPR pool so we can all see how long it takes one person to sweep all the mined coins and run off. Smiley

Trolls, don't you think the major pools would have done so by now if it were feasible?

Ill give 100 SPR to anyone willing to operate a puplic SPR pool.
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2015, 08:14:22 PM

I'm sure this won't make any difference, some folks only read what they want to.

Do we have a pool? Yes.
It's merely a pool server we setup to solo mine to nothing more, we just so happened to let a couple of other small hashrate users in to help out a bit. Is it a risk? Of course it is.

Mr. Spread has done quite a good job at keeping this coin a solo mineable, that doesn't mean that it will always be that way,  there a lot of smart folks around here and if there is enough $ involved then one should expect that there will be others trying to get in on the action in some form or another.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doublespeak
Doublespeak is language that deliberately disguises, distorts, or reverses the meaning of words.

1+1=4 .. pool + miners = solo mining Huh
It's merely a pool server we setup to solo mine to nothing more.

Has anyone checked this pool's source code ?
Hippie sometimes I wonder how smart you would think you sounded if you didn't have wikipedia to post definitions from? Why don't you just quit posting wikipedia links to words or phrases because everyone here I'm pretty sure knows how to use google too buddy Wink Also how is that explanation on me being an accessory to fraud working out for you? (Really sorry everyone for feeding this time but I just had too, That pig looks HUNGRY!) lol Cheers

When people continually fail to properly acknowledge, understand and/or respond to my simple questions and observations, I feel it becomes necessary sometimes to use links, screenies and the occasional meme.

If you are unsure of what your legal standing with these matters is, seek legal counsel.

e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Activity: 1526

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2015, 08:16:54 PM

Troll Challenge: start an open registration SPR pool so we can all see how long it takes one person to sweep all the mined coins and run off. Smiley

Trolls, don't you think the major pools would have done so by now if it were feasible?

That'd be funny
NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 08:23:47 PM

When people continually fail to properly acknowledge, understand and/or respond to my simple questions and observations, I feel it becomes necessary sometimes to use links, screenies and the occasional meme.

If you are unsure of what your legal standing with these matters is, seek legal counsel.
I was seeking legal council through you Hippie Wink I wanted to hear your case on how I would be an accessory to Fraud and I plan on representing myself in this case too by the way Cheesy And what exactly have people failed to acknowledge that you posted? You are so good at posting links I'm sure you can reference some of the things people failed to "acknowledge" (or what you really mean to say is didn't agree with you) that you posted Smiley Super Duper talking to you Hippie Wink Cheers mate Cheesy

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 08:26:20 PM

That'd be funny
Yep I'm sure 1 of those trolls saying that this coin could be pool mined would love that offer of 100 SPR Smiley I mean what have they got to lose? Except all the Spread they mine when someone steals all the coins from the pool and knows everyone's private keys to their wallets Smiley But I would love to see someone set up a public pool for SpreadCoin because all they rant about is how it can be pool mined so here's your chance trolls Smiley Heck I ain't rich but I'll even throw in another 100 to this cause Smiley Just because I believe Smiley

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2015, 08:29:21 PM

WTF makes you believe that pools can't/won't mine SPR ?

Even if we assume that pool mining was never part of the plan, ITS ONLY CODE ! FFS ! Someone will figure it out. lol

njs811

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 08:34:10 PM

Even if pools are possible and set up that doesn't change the coin.  How many other coins have pools? All of them... they still have value. SPR will not die even if pools start popping up.
NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 08:38:48 PM

WTF makes you believe that pools can't/won't mine SPR ?

Even if we assume that pool mining was never part of the plan, ITS ONLY CODE ! FFS ! Someone will figure it out. lol
Start a Public pool then Hippie Smiley Call these people on their bluff then if you are so certain that everything you say is right and everything everyone says is wrong Wink

Also I will save you the hassle of using google http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/call+someone%27s+bluff Cheesy

You know JUST IN CASE you didn't understand what I was proposing buddy Smiley Cheers

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 08:48:24 PM

Just curious but what is the value-add here? At the end of the day, pool or no pool, the average end user isn't going to care. It just has to work, be liquid enough that they aren't raped on exchange, and have markets/merchant acceptance. What merchants are using SPR? What differentiating factor is there over BTC?
IBGigglin
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1006

BCH Advocate.

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 08:48:54 PM

Okay guys, bitch the price down to 18000 sat so I can get back in and whale around some more.

Im baaaack! Looking for sig campaign. DM me if interested.
NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 09:03:31 PM

Just curious but what is the value-add here? At the end of the day, pool or no pool, the average end user isn't going to care. It just has to work, be liquid enough that they aren't raped on exchange, and have markets/merchant acceptance. What merchants are using SPR? What differentiating factor is there over BTC?
Okay this is where I'll be real about something because I said I call it when I see it and to answer your question with all altcoins they add features like faster transaction times or masternodes or fancy wallets or something that will make people mine/buy or sell their coin but in all honesty and not one single person here can claim otherwise but at the end of the day it all boils down to how much BTC you can make off a coin! Anyone who tells you that they don't buy altcoins to make more BTC is a fucking liar!! I mean there is the possibility that maybe one day a new crypto currency will be accepted as a payment method because of BTC's slow transaction times but as Crypto stands right now at the end of the day Altcoins are generally created to make people more BTC because Bitcoin is how all of this started and that's what the majority of people just learning about Crypto know is Bitcoin.  Any coins in the past that have claimed to be asset backed or have found somewhere to accept their coin it has always been short lived because at the end of the day if you asked someone if they wanted 3 BTC or 3 BTC worth of a coin chances are they would take the BTC!! But don't get me wrong I would love to see a coin like SpreadCoin being accepted places as a payment option but like I have said before until people start accepting Crypto currency as a normal way of paying for things or they find a coin that they can trust and isn't a scam it will all lead back to BTC.  That's what everyone in CryptoTrading is here for whether they want to admit it or not!! Do I hold a lot of SpreadCoin? Yes I do and do I hold a lot of SpreadCoin because I believe that one day I will be paying for things with it? NO!! I hold SpreadCoin because I can see the value of the coin going to way higher than it is right now which in turn results in what?Huh MORE BTC!!!

Although SpreadCoin is a good competitor for Bitcoin with the way that it is laid out and constructed as is Darkcoin but for either of those two to replace Bitcoin would take a lot of years still.

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

oblox
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 09:12:08 PM

Okay this is where I'll be real about something because I said I call it when I see it and to answer your question with all altcoins they add features like faster transaction times or masternodes or fancy wallets or something that will make people mine/buy or sell their coin but in all honesty and not one single person here can claim otherwise but at the end of the day it all boils down to how much BTC you can make off a coin! Anyone who tells you that they don't buy altcoins to make more BTC is a fucking liar!! I mean there is the possibility that maybe one day a new crypto currency will be accepted as a payment method because of BTC's slow transaction times but as Crypto stands right now at the end of the day Altcoins are generally created to make people more BTC because Bitcoin is how all of this started and that's what the majority of people just learning about Crypto know is Bitcoin.  Any coins in the past that have claimed to be asset backed or have found somewhere to accept their coin it has always been short lived because at the end of the day if you asked someone if they wanted 3 BTC or 3 BTC worth of a coin chances are they would take the BTC!! But don't get me wrong I would love to see a coin like SpreadCoin being accepted places as a payment option but like I have said before until people start accepting Crypto currency as a normal way of paying for things or they find a coin that they can trust and isn't a scam it will all lead back to BTC.  That's what everyone in CryptoTrading is here for whether they want to admit it or not!! Do I hold a lot of SpreadCoin? Yes I do and do I hold a lot of SpreadCoin because I believe that one day I will be paying for things with it? NO!! I hold SpreadCoin because I can see the value of the coin going to way higher than it is right now which in turn results in what?Huh MORE BTC!!!

Although SpreadCoin is a good competitor for Bitcoin with the way that it is laid out and constructed as is Darkcoin but for either of those two to replace Bitcoin would take a lot of years still.

Then I guess I am a liar because in the case of Darkcoin, I'm not interested in making more BTC (although there is an indirect benefit being that the market still prices DRK's majority of volume in Bitcoin). I actually believe Darkcoin improves Bitcoin in nearly every aspect although I question mainstream traction for adoption given the negative connotations seen in the name (I'm not bothered by it personally but I can see those that would be) and complying with regulations AML/KYC rules. Digital cash is what I am investing in, nothing more, nothing less. I want a currency that is fungible without worry of government's screwing with the monetary base, all the while racing to devalue their currencies in order to stimulate economies and function around overbearing debts.

Spreadcoin, as it currently stands, is not a competitor to Bitcoin. It doesn't fulfill any niche to justify its existence other than those using it strictly to try to obtain more BTC. In the case with Dark, it fills the privacy niche that Bitcoin is solely lacking.

I think it speaks volumes for one of the most active SPR holders to say they are only in it to obtain more BTC, not that there is any true belief in the currency offering utility.
NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 09:23:19 PM

Then I guess I am a liar because in the case of Darkcoin, I'm not interested in making more BTC (although there is an indirect benefit being that the market still prices DRK's majority of volume in Bitcoin). I actually believe Darkcoin improves Bitcoin in nearly every aspect although I question mainstream traction for adoption given the negative connotations seen in the name (I'm not bothered by it personally but I can see those that would be) and complying with regulations AML/KYC rules. Digital cash is what I am investing in, nothing more, nothing less. I want a currency that is fungible without worry of government's screwing with the monetary base, all the while racing to devalue their currencies in order to stimulate economies and function around overbearing debts.

Spreadcoin, as it currently stands, is not a competitor to Bitcoin. It doesn't fulfill any niche to justify its existence other than those using it strictly to try to obtain more BTC. In the case with Dark, it fills the privacy niche that Bitcoin is solely lacking.
Ya I get what you are saying but how much stuff do you buy with your Darkcoin? I get the whole privacy thing but for real world mass adoption people aren't going to want complete privacy unless they are using the coin to launder money or purchasing things they don't want traced back to them.  I mean would you want to purchase a T.V but have no record that you purchased it? I do understand that by privacy it also means that you have private keys to prove that a transaction was yours if you needed to but the whole privacy thing was so last year in my opinion.  But that's just me lol What I really think Crypto needs for a worldwide accepted coin is a transparent coin which can keep records of what you have spent them on because really at the end of the day how many people are going to learn how to set up private keys and learn how to use them properly so they can spend their coins or prove that they spent their coins in the event that they spent some coins but never received what they purchased and now the only way that they can prove it is by having their private keys and decode the transaction to prove that they were indeed the person who purchased something? I dunno that's just my two cents and like I said I love DarkCoin too but to think that Darkcoin will be more than BTC is a pipedream because you seem to forget we are now living in dumbed down times where people want things to be easier and easier and easier to do and not have to think about how to do it. LOL

I mean how many people here have tried just explaining what Bitcoin is to someone who has never heard of it and try to convince them that it holds value? I know I have and everytime I get the same answer from people that they either don't trust computers and technology or that how can it be worth something if it comes from nowhere?

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

gjhiggins
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2015, 09:26:21 PM

I question mainstream traction for adoption given the negative connotations seen in the name

If the Darkcoin codebase was cloned and the app renamed, addressing the negative connotations, its improved potential for adoption would make it an even stronger competitor to Bitcoin and so would gain your endorsement?

Cheers

Graham
mrcashking

Activity: 700

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 09:31:36 PM

the coin is still being developed. Who knows what will come of it. Sort of like Darkcoin when we first saw it as Xcoin. And it evolved and developed into the coin we know today. Im sure many people had some of the same questions. Mr.Spread is a great developer with alot of great ideas to add onto what Darkcoin has molded already.  Spread is not a threat to DRK at al.l only people who think that it's a threat are people who are scared of losing money due to competition.  I personally invested into spread because I like the devs works he did on Masternodes GUI and how he simplified it to make it easier for me to setup.
oblox
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 09:32:51 PM

Ya I get what you are saying but how much stuff do you buy with your Darkcoin? I get the whole privacy thing but for real world mass adoption people aren't going to want complete privacy unless they are using the coin to launder money or purchasing things they don't want traced back to them.  I mean would you want to purchase a T.V but have no record that you purchased it? I do understand that by privacy it also means that you have private keys to prove that a transaction was yours if you needed to but the whole privacy thing was so last year in my opinion.  But that's just me lol What I really think Crypto needs for a worldwide accepted coin is a transparent coin which can keep records of what you have spent them on because really at the end of the day how many people are going to learn how to set up private keys and learn how to use them properly so they can spend their coins or prove that they spent their coins in the event that they spent some coins but never received what they purchased and now the only way that they can prove it is by having their private keys and decode the transaction to prove that they were indeed the person who purchased something? I dunno that's just my two cents and like I said I love DarkCoin too but to think that Darkcoin will be more than BTC is a pipedream because you seem to forget we are now living in dumbed down times where people want things to be easier and easier and easier to do and not have to think about how to do it. LOL

I mean how many people here have tried just explaining what Bitcoin is to someone who has never heard of it and try to convince them that it holds value? I know I have and everytime I get the same answer from people that they either don't trust computers and technology or that how can it be worth something if it comes from nowhere?

I didn't say Darkcoin would have a larger market cap than Bitcoin, just that Darkcoin improves Bitcoin in nearly all areas. As to answer your question as to what I have personally use Darkcoin for. I have used it for gambling, buying consumer goods, and on occasionally, tipping. The majority of my stash I'm sitting on simply due to the undervalued nature of it. That is the one unfortunate side effect of deflationary currencies is "hoarding".

As for the privacy thing being so last year or why do people need privacy--if you really have to ask... the easiest "go to argument" would be to feel free to post your online banking statement(s) for the world to see. Feel free to white out your name and address, but leave the existing balances, where you purchased, what you purchased, and time of purchase--that's what blockchain technology provides in its transparency.

I have no idea what you are getting at with private keys... you're off base in terms of what Darkcoin is doing for privacy. The blockchain is still there as a record of transactions happening but the sender is protected through obscurity.
oblox
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 09:35:27 PM

I see you added so I will answer this as well:

We live in a digital world. With direct deposit, online bill pay, and credit/debit cards, no one really "sees" money anymore. It's just a number accessed via the web. How is that any different than crypto? It doesn't have to exist materially in the real world to "have value". Yes, its value as fluctuated greatly, but it still has "value" by definition.
oblox
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 09:36:56 PM

I question mainstream traction for adoption given the negative connotations seen in the name

If the Darkcoin codebase was cloned and the app renamed, addressing the negative connotations, its improved potential for adoption would make it an even stronger competitor to Bitcoin and so would gain your endorsement?

Cheers

Graham

And you're going to clone the masternode network, development team, existing merchant adoption how again? The only way it would work would be from the top down and on the coin itself, not just blindly copying it.
oblox
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 09:38:28 PM

the coin is still being developed. Who knows what will come of it. Sort of like Darkcoin when we first saw it as Xcoin. And it evolved and developed into the coin we know today. Im sure many people had some of the same questions.

Fair enough but the difference is that Darkcoin (or Xcoin as it originally was) set out to fill a void that Bitcoin did not fill. I'm simply asking what void SPR fills to differentiate itself from Bitcoin. Again, the end user doesn't care what algo secures the coin or whether it was mined via pools or not.
Pages: « 1 ... 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 [258] 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 ... 434 »
  Print  

Jump to: