Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 03:10:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... 434 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes  (Read 810025 times)
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 01:59:47 PM

I actually didn't expect such acclaim. Maybe compared to usual effort my work looks good but I don't think that I'm doing anything special. If people trust in my coin I should try to meet their expectations and I don't want my work to gone in vain. I hear many stories about scam devs who just make some profit and run away. I'm not following many other coins and I don't know if such behavior is widespread here but I don't want to be one of those devs.

That said, not everything went smoothly under my command. When doing hardfork I was very worried that something may went wrong, and what do you think? blockchain stalled and no new blocks were generated, this was very anxious time for me.

Problems happen, it is unrealistic to expect everything to work perfectly all the time.

What is important is how problems are dealt with. If they are admitted and addressed, and get fixed, it's all good, you build trust, which to me as an investor is far more important than the day to day price on some exchange.  I invest in developers, not 1-hr MACD chart voodoo. Smiley

cyptohunter

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 02:02:44 PM

I missed this coin in the early time Sad

Easy to miss, the coin was quite low profile early on (launched 29 July 2014) and wide-scale interest is only just kicking in.

You may find it worth skimming through the old posts on this thread to get a sense of the high level of cohesion and confidence in the dev that was shown by the early community, e.g. the way this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=715435.msg8553565#msg8553565 played out.

Cheers

Graham

P.S. Mr Spread, 3 PRs for your consideration.

now promotion is quite neccesary.

CashFlow

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 02:07:49 PM

What kind of mistake? why flies?

Mr. Spread (OP)

Activity: 210

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 02:08:49 PM

You need 14.9 drivers.

Developer of SpreadCoin
cyptohunter

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 02:20:59 PM

You need 14.9 drivers.
yes,14.9 works,but if you have 6X cards,the official driver doesn't support.

MyFarm

Activity: 854

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 02:25:01 PM

No you haven't.

SPR could be trading at 10x the current price by the end of January, with 500+ Spreadnodes providing anon for those that wanted it and a better return than mining for those that ran them.

There are many reasons DRK has been far more successful in the market than the CN clones (which are the only other anon solutions, everything else is closed source bullshit and vapourware) or just about any other alt, and technicalities aside, ironically enough the main reason IMO is that Evan Duffield has always been 100% open, honest, and trustworthy, and has done the right thing for the long term, damn the current price. DRK has had some tough times, but its supporters trust the developer, not on blind faith but because they have been given real reason to do so. That's a rare thing in our little playground. That's invaluable.

You also need to stop thinking of the crypto scene as the market. It isn't. You shouldn't give a damn about it, you should care about the real market, big money, the real world. The real world can use and rely on a truly decentralised currency. It is never going to put money into a currency that relies on a few centralised pools for its blockchain security. Ever.

The DRK code fixes one of Bitcoins weaknesses, but Mr Spread's pool-denying solution fixes the far bigger one: centralisation.

BTC will never fix it's centralisation problem, big money will always laugh at it for the flawed toy that it is and walk away.

SPR, uniquely among PoW coins, has the potential to remain resilient and functional against a serious adversary. That has real value, it was the original selling point of Bitcoin, but Bitcoin has long since abandoned the concept.

Very well said.  However, if Mr. Spread decides to implement DRK features, I would strongly recommend not renaming Masternodes to Spreadnodes.  I would keep them named Masternodes.  Not everything needs to be rebranded and most people know what masternodes are and respect the name and functionality.  I would also keep Darksend as Darksend.  If Spreadcoin was a scam coin, then sure, rename everything and try to rebrand it as your own.  But because this coin has its own innovations that would naturally function very well with DRK innovations, there's no reason to rebrand.  Nobody is renaming the blockchain because it is a trusted technology of Bitcoin.  But they're sure improving upon it with additional innovations.
LitcoinCollector
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 02:43:53 PM

No you haven't.

SPR could be trading at 10x the current price by the end of January, with 500+ Spreadnodes providing anon for those that wanted it and a better return than mining for those that ran them.

There are many reasons DRK has been far more successful in the market than the CN clones (which are the only other anon solutions, everything else is closed source bullshit and vapourware) or just about any other alt, and technicalities aside, ironically enough the main reason IMO is that Evan Duffield has always been 100% open, honest, and trustworthy, and has done the right thing for the long term, damn the current price. DRK has had some tough times, but its supporters trust the developer, not on blind faith but because they have been given real reason to do so. That's a rare thing in our little playground. That's invaluable.

You also need to stop thinking of the crypto scene as the market. It isn't. You shouldn't give a damn about it, you should care about the real market, big money, the real world. The real world can use and rely on a truly decentralised currency. It is never going to put money into a currency that relies on a few centralised pools for its blockchain security. Ever.

The DRK code fixes one of Bitcoins weaknesses, but Mr Spread's pool-denying solution fixes the far bigger one: centralisation.

BTC will never fix it's centralisation problem, big money will always laugh at it for the flawed toy that it is and walk away.

SPR, uniquely among PoW coins, has the potential to remain resilient and functional against a serious adversary. That has real value, it was the original selling point of Bitcoin, but Bitcoin has long since abandoned the concept.

Very well said.  However, if Mr. Spread decides to implement DRK features, I would strongly recommend not renaming Masternodes to Spreadnodes.  I would keep them named Masternodes.  Not everything needs to be rebranded and most people know what masternodes are and respect the name and functionality.  I would also keep Darksend as Darksend.  If Spreadcoin was a scam coin, then sure, rename everything and try to rebrand it as your own.  But because this coin has its own innovations that would naturally function very well with DRK innovations, there's no reason to rebrand.  Nobody is renaming the blockchain because it is a trusted technology of Bitcoin.  But they're sure improving upon it with additional innovations.

I agree. If implemented using the term Masternodes is the way to go I think.
cyptohunter

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 03:38:33 PM

No you haven't.

I agree. If implemented using the term Masternodes is the way to go I think.
I think the name is not a big deal.

cyptohunter

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 03:41:21 PM

I only care about whether the funtion is implemented and running smoothly.

kryptologist

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

@kryptographer

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 05:32:00 PM

Why marketcap so high? Does 1 group hold all the coins?
sparkster

Activity: 124

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 06:19:52 PM

Actually, it's very low. Undecided
NoobKidOnTheBlock

Activity: 770

FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 07:53:19 PM

Well I'm quite happy with the way SpreadCoin is turning out and wished I would have learned about this coin when it first launched so I could've mined a lot more and not had to buy most of my stash lol But I'm not concerned at all because I know the stash I'm holding will easily bring me 300% profit for what I bought my coins for and that's more than enough for me to be content with Smiley But just out of curiousity can someone please post me the link how to set up a miner for this coin instead of just the in-wallet mining? Would greatly appreciate it Smiley Cheers

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇
............NoobKidOnThe.BLOCK.....

kryptologist

Activity: 714

@kryptographer

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 08:35:34 PM

$50,000 is very low?
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 09:46:15 PM

$50,000 is very low?

Consider this scenario:

Mr Spread commits to implementing Masternodes for Spread.

Within a month or two there are 500 Masternodes requiring 1000 SPR to run, each costing $0.16/day to run and earning 8.64 SPR/day assuming a 50-50 block reward split between miners and MNs.

At a SRP price of 0.001 BTC which would not be at all unreasonable should this happen, that's over $3/day profit per MN, and an annual return of over 300%. Remember, that's half a million SPR taken off the market.

Grin

Just an example obviously, but you get the idea... Masternodes are both useful and profitable. There's a reason the price has risen significantly merely on the possibility that this will happen. A  confirmed roadmap would see the price rise even more significantly. Remember, there are plenty of people who shy away from Darkcoin just because of the name, or because they think they have missed the boat, both of which are daft IMO but it is what it is.

And there are even more people who shy away from PoW altogether because nobody in their right minds is going to trust a vulnerable handful of parasitic pool operators with the blockchain, and thus their money.

The market cap of Spread could be $sixfigures pretty soon. If I had Mr Spread's skillset - well, you know what I'd be doing.
sparkster

Activity: 124

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 09:51:52 PM

$50,000 is very low?
Yup. On my subjective scale it is. Near the border of typical semi-dead coin. If there will be actual wide interest in SPR, if it will be popular, it can easy get 200k $. I know, after last bitcoin bubble there are not so many coins with good price. But for me marketcap must be around 1 million to call it 'high', top 30 or so. And SPR has chance to do it Grin
NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 10:02:11 PM

$50,000 is very low?
Yup. On my subjective scale it is. Near the border of typical semi-dead coin. If there will be actual wide interest in SPR, if it will be popular, it can easy get 200k $. I know, after last bitcoin bubble there are not so many coins with good price. But for me marketcap must be around 1 million to call it 'high', top 30 or so. And SPR has chance to do it Grin
+1 to that!! I mean this coin has only been out for what..... 2 months now??? and it's already working it's way up the charts and into people's hearts Wink This is gonna be a huge coin in my opinion and I'm holding all the coins I have till the BIG DAY!!! lol

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

MyFarm

Activity: 854

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 10:20:07 PM

$50,000 is very low?

Consider this scenario:

Within a month or two there are 500 Masternodes requiring 1000 SPR to run, each costing $0.16/day to run and earning 8.64 SPR/day assuming a 50-50 block reward split between miners and MNs.

At a SRP price of 0.001 BTC which would not be at all unreasonable should this happen, that's over $3/day profit per MN, and an annual return of over 300%. Remember, that's half a million SPR taken off the market.

Grin

Just an example obviously, but you get the idea... Masternodes are both useful and profitable. There's a reason the price has risen significantly merely on the possibility that this will happen. A  confirmed roadmap would see the price rise even more significantly. Remember, there are plenty of people who shy away from Darkcoin just because of the name, or because they think they have missed the boat, both of which are daft IMO but it is what it is.

And there are even more people who shy away from PoW altogether because nobody in their right minds is going to trust a vulnerable handful of parasitic pool operators with the blockchain, and thus their money.

The market cap of Spread could be $sixfigures pretty soon. If I had Mr Spread's skillset - well, you know what I'd be doing.

Once again, well said.  .001 is absolutely possible within a short time if masternodes are implemented.  I can guarantee some Darkcoin holders also investing in Spreadcoin since they understand the monetary value of masternodes and have operating them down to an art.
SpeedDemon13

Activity: 518

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2014, 10:31:42 PM

What the average hashrate of a 280x and 750ti? How many coins can a 280x and a 750ti get in a day on average? What's the best AMD miner and Nvidia miner to use? Thanks in advance to anyone that helps answer these questions, greatly appreciate it....

CRYPTSY exchange: https://www.cryptsy.com/users/register?refid=9017 BURST= BURST-TE3W-CFGH-7343-6VM6R BTC=1CNsqGUR9YJNrhydQZnUPbaDv6h4uaYCHv ETH=0x144bc9fe471d3c71d8e09d58060d78661b1d4f32 SHF=0x13a0a2cb0d55eca975cf2d97015f7d580ce52d85 EXP=0xd71921dca837e415a58ca0d6dd2223cc84e0ea2f SC=6bdf9d12a983fed6723abad91a39be4f95d227f9bdb0490de3b8e5d45357f63d564638b1bd71 CLAMS=xGVTdM9EJpNBCYAjHFVxuZGcqvoL22nP6f SOIL=0x8b5c989bc931c0769a50ecaf9ffe490c67cb5911
NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 10:51:59 PM

$50,000 is very low?

Consider this scenario:

Grin

Once again, well said.  .001 is absolutely possible within a short time if masternodes are implemented.  I can guarantee some Darkcoin holders also investing in Spreadcoin since they understand the monetary value of masternodes and have operating them down to an art.
So you are suggesting that a Spreadnode if Mr. Spread decided to go that way would cost 1000 SpreadCoin to own one or have one or whatever you do with them? I'm really not too familiar with what these node thingys are?

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

A-tM

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 11:16:28 PM

What the average hashrate of a 280x and 750ti? How many coins can a 280x and a 750ti get in a day on average? What's the best AMD miner and Nvidia miner to use? Thanks in advance to anyone that helps answer these questions, greatly appreciate it....

I have both,

R9 280X - just a bit under 2000 Kh/s
GTX 750Ti - 1400-1500 Kh/s
GTX 970 - 3500-3600 normal, overclocked a bit above 4000 (You can get 4150 if you allow temperatures above 69 °C)

EDIT: links to miners are in the first post of this thread.

Regards,
Andy
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... 434 »
  Print  

Jump to: