Bitcoin Forum
June 08, 2024, 12:04:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 ... 434 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes  (Read 810026 times)
NoobKidOnTheBlock

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 06:52:57 PM

It seems nobody is willing to sell @25K sato at cex Grin

that is a sign that the coins are controlled by a small group. that spells trouble for new investors and community members.

think I'm staying away.

I am taking this post and your last one about launching "your own clone of coin", together into context.
And, sorry, I see there a little bit of effort to make people feel uncertain about the future of SPR, and thus lower price of the coin for you to buy Cheesy

Maybe I am not right, sorry then, but...
There should be very dedicated and talented man behind the coin to make it successful.
I don't think you'll recieve much support now. More focus on SPR means more value to SPR, and everybody knows it.
I'm gonna take a shot in the dark as well and say that this was an attempt to make some people uncertain about SpreadCoin and possibly dump into some buy orders but people need to realize that the Spread Community knows that this coin is a keeper and it is almost impossible to get any at under marketprice Smiley So I still strongly suggest that people buy what they can now before the New Year hits and this coin really starts to take off and they regret not getting in at 30k a coin because that is dirt cheap for a coin like this in my opinion Smiley Cheers Mates Wink

P.S - By my word if I had any extra BTC right now I would be buying as much Spread as I could possibly buy right now since I can't mine the coin very well Smiley

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇
............NoobKidOnThe.BLOCK.....

NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 06:54:37 PM

Like I will even bet that the 30004 sat buy order of 1.48 BTC on Bittrex won't even get dumped into and that person should just use their 1.48 BTC to market buy up the SpreadCoin that they want Smiley Just Saying Wink

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

xamido

Activity: 532

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 07:03:20 PM

Like I will even bet that the 30004 sat buy order of 1.48 BTC on Bittrex won't even get dumped into and that person should just use their 1.48 BTC to market buy up the SpreadCoin that they want Smiley Just Saying Wink

Well in case if people dump, i have my buy order set at 22k. I'd love to see people filling my order there.
NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 07:08:39 PM

Well in case if people dump, i have my buy order set at 22k. I'd love to see people filling my order there.
I was lucky enough to get all my available BTC in at 7.5k and bought all the SpreadCoin I could at that price then a little more at 16k and now I'm waiting to get paid so I can get more BTC so I can go all in SpreadCoin with that BTC as well Smiley

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 07:10:20 PM

Chaps

I've been thinking about this for a few days and I'm in the 'yes, do it' mode at the moment.

I'm thinking of launching a DRK clone, but using spread solo mining.

I'm thinking of taking on board the branding issues people feel is a problem with DRK going mainstream, adding the SPR solo mining, then just keeping tabs on developments with DRK and other clones and making sure the best bits gets into the new coin.

I have a name picked out and an additional strategy to rival DRK, while still using DRK and SPR code. I am also in discussions with a couple of good devs who could provide the necessary support.

Any thoughts?

Clone coins will not succeed long term in the ever-changing world of cryptocurrency.  To be top 10, you need talented devs like Evan Duffield and Mr. Spread.  Short term you might do ok, but I'm interested in solid mid to long term investments only which is why I invest in talented devs, not coins with a nice name and shiny logo.  I'm not saying don't do it, but I suspect simply investing in SPR would be more lucrative overall.  But hey, if you think you can be successful, more power to you.

But SPR is more or less a clone  Roll Eyes
xamido

Activity: 532

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 07:10:43 PM

I was lucky enough to get all my available BTC in at 7.5k and bought all the SpreadCoin I could at that price then a little more at 16k and now I'm waiting to get paid so I can get more BTC so I can go all in SpreadCoin with that BTC as well Smiley

Yeah, i also buy mine at 12k. I'm just adding my coin with the profit i made from PFC. Not gonna touch that coin anymore, it's gonna crash real hard soon.
NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 07:12:23 PM

Chaps

I've been thinking about this for a few days and I'm in the 'yes, do it' mode at the moment.

I'm thinking of taking on board the branding issues people feel is a problem with DRK going mainstream, adding the SPR solo mining, then just keeping tabs on developments with DRK and other clones and making sure the best bits gets into the new coin.

I have a name picked out and an additional strategy to rival DRK, while still using DRK and SPR code. I am also in discussions with a couple of good devs who could provide the necessary support.

Any thoughts?

Clone coins will not succeed long term in the ever-changing world of cryptocurrency.  To be top 10, you need talented devs like Evan Duffield and Mr. Spread.  Short term you might do ok, but I'm interested in solid mid to long term investments only which is why I invest in talented devs, not coins with a nice name and shiny logo.  I'm not saying don't do it, but I suspect simply investing in SPR would be more lucrative overall.  But hey, if you think you can be successful, more power to you.

But SPR is more or less a clone  Roll Eyes
Pretty much every coin out there is a clone or copy of another coin that came before it.  The real thing is if the coin is nothing but a clone or is it a clone with improvements on the pre-existing coin? Does it bring more to the table than the coin before it? And in all honesty I believe that SpreadCoin is going to do that Smiley Just my opinion though Wink Cheers

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 08:32:38 PM

Chaps

Any thoughts?

Before I stumbled onto SPR I was planning something similar, but I was going to learn how to do it myself. I was getting there slowly, lets just say I've mined quite a few genesis blocks on my LAN... Cheesy

You need to consider how much a talented and motivated developer is worth - SPR already has one, and you'd be better off funding SPR development because I can tell you right now that any plan to get a successful coin (anything beyond a ten week lifespan pump and dump shitcoin) launched by paying some dude on the intertubes to hand you a generic LTC clone is doomed. Because that's all your going to get for your 3BTC and even I can do it.

If you want someone that has the skillset to understand and improve on Darkcoin code you're looking at significant and ongoing outlay.  Pay peanuts, you get monkeys.

About the branding thing, my own belief is that it doesn't matter, DRK's market share would be exactly the same at best and probably much lower if was called GenericMarketReaearchApprovedFluffCoin. Bitcoin's real world marketshare is practically zero - it has exactly nothing to do with the name.

That said, the more I think about it the more I like the name Spread. It's not shiny and glamourous, but it's apt, it encompasses the basic principle of a distributed currency.
Mr. Spread (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 08:39:22 PM
Last edit: December 25, 2014, 08:56:39 PM by Mr. Spread

Then i learned that spr's code base is forked from darkcoin's and implementing darksend should be 'a walk in the park'.
This isn't 'walk in the park'. There are many things that should be changed, look e.g. at masternode payments. In DarkCoin the owner(s) of the specific private key (this is Evan Duffield and co. I suppose) decide which masternode and when will receive a payment. In my opinion this is unacceptable, especially for a cryptocurrency which main feature right now is true decentralization. Thus we need a decentralized solution to decide where payments will go. DarkCoin experienced non-stability issues and forks when decentralized method of selecting masternode payments was used, this was because different nodes had different opinion about which masternode should receive a payment. I'm working on a system where forks will be prevented because the nodes which don't agree on masternode payments will be forced to accept the decision of the majority of the hashrate.

Developer of SpreadCoin
MyFarm

Activity: 854

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 08:51:41 PM

Then i learned that spr's code base is forked from darkcoin's and implementing darksend should be 'a walk in the park'.
This isn't 'walk in the park'. There are many things that should be changed, look e.g. at masternode payments. In DarkCoin the owner(s) of the specific private key (this is Evan Duffield and co. I suppose) decide which masternode and when will receive a payment. In my opinion this is unacceptable, especially for a cryptocurrency which main feature right now is true decentralization. Thus we need a decentralized solution to decide where payments will go. DarkCoin experienced non-stability issues and forks when decentralized method of selecting masternode payments was used, this was because different nodes had different opinion about which node should receive a payment. I'm working on a system where forks will be prevented because the nodes which don't agree on masternode payments will be forced to accept the decision of the majority of the hashrate.

Holy shit.  Improved masternodes, here we come!
Coin-Moron

Activity: 540

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 08:59:20 PM

This isn't 'walk in the park'. There are many things that should be changed, look e.g. at masternode payments. In DarkCoin the owner(s) of the specific private key (this is Evan Duffield and co. I suppose) decide which masternode and when will receive a payment. In my opinion this is unacceptable, especially for a cryptocurrency which main feature right now is true decentralization. Thus we need a decentralized solution to decide where payments will go. DarkCoin experienced non-stability issues and forks when decentralized method of selecting masternode payments was used, this was because different nodes had different opinion about which masternode should receive a payment. I'm working on a system where forks will be prevented because the nodes which don't agree on masternode payments will be forced to accept the decision of the majority of the hashrate.

You gave me goosebumps !
Mr. Spread (OP)

Activity: 210

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 09:23:47 PM
Last edit: December 25, 2014, 09:39:30 PM by Mr. Spread

What I didn't mention is that the person who knows this key can just ruin the coin by sending conflicting masternode payments to the network, e.g. by sending different payments each second. Each node will make a decision whether to accept certain block depending on whether it first received this block or a message which says that this block should have different payment, of course this order can be different for different nodes and this will lead to forks.

Developer of SpreadCoin
sparkster

Activity: 124

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 09:44:53 PM

Oh no, too many magic words from Mr. Spread. SPR is going to the moooon. And somebody is desperately trying to dump it to the ground for the last time.
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 09:45:07 PM

What I didn't mention is that the person who knows this key can just ruin the coin by sending conflicting masternode payments to the network, e.g. by sending different payments each second. Each node will make a decision whether to accept certain block depending on whether it first received this block or a message which says that this block should have different payment, of course this order can be different for different nodes and this will lead to forks.

These 'reference nodes' are a temporary solution just to ensure even payment distribution for Masternodes.
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2014, 10:16:51 PM

Yeah, i also buy mine at 12k. I'm just adding my coin with the profit i made from PFC. Not gonna touch that coin anymore, it's gonna crash real hard soon.
I bought mine at ~1.5k to 3k. (0.1 btc worth) and it was the best decision I have ever made in crypto. I was like "wow this is cheap, maybe I can make some money" then I saw the price on 15k but I thought it was the same price I bought it at. I forgot I only bought it at 1.5k and when I found out about it... That was good.
NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 11:02:06 PM

Well I must say I am absolutely astounded right now and at a loss for words!! But in a terrifically good way! SpreadCoin and everything that you have planned to do with it Mr. Spread is amazing to be a part of and even more fun to hear about Smiley I cannot stress enough to anyone in Crypto what a terrific coin we have here people! The inevitable fact of the matter is that SpreadCoin WILL be the coin of 2015 and the more people start to realize that and "SPREAD" the word about it the better Wink Cheers everyone and also Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to each and everyone this fine day Smiley

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 11:29:03 PM

The Litecoin devs contribute to bitcoin code because litecoin is so closely aligned - they give and take.

Aren't you better off collaborating directly with the Darkcoin devs and using the combined efforts to benefit SPR? otherwise you're into the difficult situation of working on your own. Having seen Evan do this for months, it wasn't great for him or the project timing.
linearzone

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 11:32:51 PM

You have bought 40K+ spr @7.5k sato,if I remeber right. Grin

NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 11:49:59 PM

You have bought 40K+ spr @7.5k sato,if I remeber right. Grin
Let's just say I've bought enough already that if everything that Mr. Spread promises and implements for this coin comes through and this coin rises to the price that I'm guessing it will rise to, I will definitely be a rich man Wink I am already pretty sure my 2015 is going to be an exceptionally profitable one for sure Wink

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

MyFarm

Activity: 854

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 12:03:08 AM

Looking at the buy orders that came in and took SPR to over .0004 for a couple minutes after Mr. Spread talked about Masternodes, it's quite obvious there's a lot of people with big money camping on this thread waiting for good news.

Exciting times ahead...
Pages: « 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 ... 434 »
  Print  

Jump to: