Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:29:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 [254] 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SLG] Sterlingcoin v1.7 | United Kingdom |  (Read 463978 times)
Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2018, 06:18:59 AM

New year, new snapshots available on the website.

Should they be needed, they can be found by hovering over 'Download' then 'Recent Snapshot' in the navigation.

I hope they are found useful.

Sterlingcoin - The cryptocurrency of and from the UK & British Isles for the world: http://Sterlingcoin.org.uk

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
udj052

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 06:43:38 AM

One big round of applause to the dev! WOW!!! This coin has been around for a very long time. Is there really only 4.2 million coins in circulation? And what is the total coin count?

Many thanks for the accolades!

Yes, only 4.2 million currently. The supply will increase no greater than 5.5% annually from PoS rewards. Yes, a very low supply.
My experience tells me: small circulation of the popular coins, which is the most likely to rise coins
STERLING SENTINEL

Activity: 126

"The Best of British!" Sterlingcoin (SLG)

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2018, 08:56:42 AM

One big round of applause to the dev! WOW!!! This coin has been around for a very long time. Is there really only 4.2 million coins in circulation? And what is the total coin count?

Yes, Sterlingcoin really is a survivor, and this is entirely due to the talent and efforts of Steven Saxton.

So I wholeheartedly second your round of applause.  Grin

@Steven: any chance of a start-of-year update on where SLG is currently at?

Sterling Sentinel

★ Sterlingcoin ★ REGNUM UNITUM ET ORBIS TERRARUM ★ Sterlingcoin ★
Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2018, 04:24:28 AM
Last edit: January 07, 2018, 07:00:39 AM by Sterlingcoin

Yes, Sterlingcoin really is a survivor, and this is entirely due to the talent and efforts of Steven Saxton.

So I wholeheartedly second your round of applause.  Grin

@Steven: any chance of a start-of-year update on where SLG is currently at?

Sterling Sentinel

Thanks for the recognition!

Start-of-year update: As being observed, Sterlingcoin has weathered a great deal. This has come with much diligence, persistance, and much patience from all. I am happy to report the network is sound and all services operating as needed and well within budget.

Start-of-year forward: I am looking at forking PIVX and studying other projects that have successfully and unsuccessfully done so. Of course, a gigantic effort will be needed. The PIVX codebase is very mature and will offer Sterlingcoin users all the features of a state-of-the-art cryptocurrency they may expect in 2018. PoS reward and supply will not change, so long as the community agrees. No ETA or more specifuc details can be given at this time. Many details have to be sorted and much work before more than that can even be said. Of course, this will make for a very exciting 2018 for Sterlingcoin holders. Some work and experimenting has started, but only at a research level. Familiarizing with the code and even some of the functions. I hope to be devoting full-time hours on the task in the very near future. I will report on that.

It seems Discord will be popular in 2018. Following suit, http://discord.me/Sterlingcoin has been created.

Have a great weekend and new year, Sterlingcoiners!

Sterlingcoin - The cryptocurrency of and from the UK & British Isles for the world: http://Sterlingcoin.org.uk
stanstan

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2018, 01:46:36 PM

Not a lot of action going on...no volume, price getting down? Maybe it has already reached its peak and now itssinking?
Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2018, 05:58:08 AM

Not a lot of action going on...no volume, price getting down? Maybe it has already reached its peak and now itssinking?

Sterlingcoin is a long-standing project. I think your assumptions might be ignoring that. Volume is actually up a bit. But I agree, no where near where it needs to be.

Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2018, 05:59:59 AM
Last edit: January 08, 2018, 06:29:05 AM by Sterlingcoin

Many thanks for the recent donation to the faucet from Sapfon! Thank you and all the long-standing community members for the continued support of Srerlingcoin!

J_J_L

Activity: 7

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 05:43:42 PM

Sterlingcoin is a long-standing project. I think your assumptions might be ignoring that. Volume is actually up a bit. But I agree, no where near where it needs to be.

We've just had more volume (a bit over 1 btc in last 24h) and some news from the Dev which brings a lot of hope for myself. Which is also why I felt like I needed to take part to project with tiny donation.

Many thanks for the recent donation to the faucet from Sapfon! Thank you and all the long-standing community members for the continued support of Srerlingcoin!

Thank you for your hard work and I'm afraid I have to ask you to refer to this new account as old one is lost.
-JJ
silverf28

Activity: 27

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:51:14 PM

i will buy this coin with good price and no sell  Cheesy
CryptoCanary
Legendary

Activity: 1076
Merit: 1006

Canary in the crypto mine!

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 09:28:04 PM

i will buy this coin with good price and no sell  Cheesy

Be sure to stake your Sterlingcoin to grow your investment by 5.5%! Wink

avilolo0101

Activity: 118

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 07:14:11 PM

there is a discord server ?
this coin is alive?
twitter is damm silence !!
no update about nothing Cool
let us know if this project have any direction??
great day!
CryptoCanary
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 05:11:10 AM

there is a discord server ?
Yes, as mentioned, http://discord.me/Sterlingcoin

this coin is alive?
Yes.

twitter is damm silence !!
no update about nothing Cool
You could assist and tweet / retweet. A quick search yielded many recent and relevant tweets.

You have been let to know. Please let yourself read.

great day!
You as well! Cheers!

J_J_L

Activity: 7

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 05:14:35 PM

It was mentioned before that this project is now looking for PIVX forking which would be awesome news. Also all network systems and services are running. 2018 looks promising, volume returned to cryptopia (at least compared to what it was 2017) but still a lot to do and achieve.
sangwookie

Activity: 168

Put it all on the line and go for broke

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 04:13:28 AM

Thanks for the info. i might try to mine it for a week to get some and hope that the price will go up. If it is trying to partner with Pivx, that would be cool. I can't find if anyone is accepting this anywhere in the UK yet.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 04:58:17 AM

Thanks for the info. i might try to mine it for a week to get some and hope that the price will go up. If it is trying to partner with Pivx, that would be cool. I can't find if anyone is accepting this anywhere in the UK yet.

To be clear, it is not a PIVX "partnership" per se. The PIVX code is open sourced. We are aiming to fork it, modify it to our needs, and then release it under the Sterlingcoin name. It is normal in open sourced software and very normal in cryptocurrency. Of course credit will remain to the many PIVX developers and done with respect to them all. We have been having some of those discussions in our Discord and all are welcome. It is a very pain-staking process. It will require much time and an ETA cannot be given at this time. I apologize, but there are still too many unknowns to do so with any certainty.

Sorry to inform you, PoW has long-ended. The only mining that remains is PoS. You will have to hold Sterlingcoin in a fully-synced and unlocked wallet to mine via Proof of Stake mining.

I am sure crypto-friendly merchants would accept. Especially when volume levels will allow them to know they will be able to convert large amounts to the fiat they need. Instant point-of-sale fiat conversions will allow them to remove risk from crypto-market fluctuations. We have options here, but with drastic network changes looming, it is best to wait so limited resources are not depleated twice-over.

Thank you for your interest.

silverf28

Activity: 27

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 04:43:00 AM

i downloaded wallet on web and lost 2 days  for update wallet. too long. and now it still out of sync

https://imgur.com/a/zbDuG
CryptoCanary
Legendary

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 05:49:40 AM

i downloaded wallet on web and lost 2 days  for update wallet. too long. and now it still out of sync

https://imgur.com/a/zbDuG

Hi silverf28,

Actually, in most cases, you do not need to resync for a wallet update. It can be a time consuming process, yes and I understand your frustration. But it looks like you are near and I see you do have more than a few peers. The best thing you can do is allow it to run its course, uninterrupted if possible.

Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2018, 03:47:50 AM

Hi Sterlincoiners,

Just wanted to provide a quick update to our otherwise currently silent thread. Due to personal matters beyond my control, the PIVX rebase is moving slower than was hoped. Rest assured, the work will continue as fast as possible and I do still remain hopeful for Q1. Apologizes for my recent absentee on Discord and Telegram, that too is because of the personal matter and a lack of consistent Internet connectivity because of it. I do plan for business as normal to return early this week.

Thanks for the understanding and have a nice week, Sterlingcoiners.

STERLING SENTINEL

Activity: 126

"The Best of British!" Sterlingcoin (SLG)

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2018, 11:32:50 AM

Hi Sterlincoiners,

Just wanted to provide a quick update to our otherwise currently silent thread. Due to personal matters beyond my control, the PIVX rebase is moving slower than was hoped. Rest assured, the work will continue as fast as possible and I do still remain hopeful for Q1. Apologizes for my recent absentee on Discord and Telegram, that too is because of the personal matter and a lack of consistent Internet connectivity because of it. I do plan for business as normal to return early this week.

Thanks for the understanding and have a nice week, Sterlingcoiners.

Hi Steven

Personally, I have absolutely no concerns about the pace of progress; I have total confidence in you to deliver this update in a reasonable time-frame and to the highest standard.  I had already told myself it wouldn't happen until Q2 anyway, as it's such a huge undertaking, but if you can do it by end of Q1 then that's a bonus!

As you specifically mentioned PIVX does that mean you have decided against the other options you were considering, Solaris, Crown etc?  I'd just be interested to know why you opted for PIVX over the others.

Sterling Sentinel

★ Sterlingcoin ★ REGNUM UNITUM ET ORBIS TERRARUM ★ Sterlingcoin ★
Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2018, 10:21:34 PM

Hi Steven

Personally, I have absolutely no concerns about the pace of progress; I have total confidence in you to deliver this update in a reasonable time-frame and to the highest standard.  I had already told myself it wouldn't happen until Q2 anyway, as it's such a huge undertaking, but if you can do it by end of Q1 then that's a bonus!

As you specifically mentioned PIVX does that mean you have decided against the other options you were considering, Solaris, Crown etc?  I'd just be interested to know why you opted for PIVX over the others.

Sterling Sentinel

You are absolutely correct. I should not suggest PIVX as a certainty. It is not at this time. I only mention it as such because it is the base I have spent the most time experimenting with forking, but that is no reason for it to be a certainty at this point.

I have gained a lot of familiarity with Solaris during some of its hardforks with issues on its masternodes. Another community member and I aided during getting the chain moving again. My thought on PIVX was that it has a mature base with many active developers contributing. Amsterdamcoin-v4, a decedent of PIVX, is being observed also, if even to see successes and pitfalls of their forking. Solaris is probably the least mature of the 3 we have been heavily considering, but is a decedent of AmsterdamCoin-v4 and therefor PIVX. Some of these 'roads' all lead back to PIVX.

I was surprised to learn the longevity of Crown. Crown also has an attractive feature of not only masternodes but systemnodes that are rewarded lower and require lower collateral. I appreciate this from a fairness perspective for smaller investors. Though Crown's mining methodology does pose big questions, merged mined with BTC. Of course, the security that would come from that is alluring but, at this time we are not considering additional PoW rewards. But if this could be leveraged and security gained while retaining the 5.5% PoS, which I believe it could, it should remain a viable option. On that note of leveraging Bitcoin's immense hashing power, VeriBlock's technology is closely being monitored and I do have colleagues on that project.

I do want to deliver a Sterliningcoin that is of all expectations of a state-of-the-art cryptocurrency for present-day. I also would like to do this with the minimalist impact of any inflationary aspect for long-standing community members and holders. I do not want to change the supply, thus changing their investment calculations. However; masternode rewards will do as such if we retain the 5.5% annual as is. I think it is best to trade some slight supply increase that will come from masternodes in exchange for having the feature and continuing the 5.5% as is. We have a very scarce supply, I do not want to increase that much but, a new 'inflation' to the coin base will occur unless we changed the 5.5%. That too would alter previous investor calculations and I feel it would do so more unfairly.

Not to contradict any previous statement but, I do personally have concerns of zerocoin and such additional protocols that lend themselves to what could easily be viewed as potential illegal-activity-promoting enhancements. Especially for a 'country coin' or a coin aiming to be such. I think the pseudo-annonimity of the blockchain should suffice and people wanting more could add more layers themselves, such as mixing. Making it a feature of Sterlingcoin might be near-sighted and might prevent adoption in the future as laws catch up with the technology.

So yes, all options are on the table. None have been removed. If anyone in the community has concerns or wishes to voice any opinion, please do so at your earliest convenience. It will be much easier to incorporate your thought into the plans sooner rather than later. I invite those conversation here or, perhaps better for debating, in our Discord or Telegram. But the culmination of those debates will always make it into this thread, as some have into this post. Try as I might, I cannot keep complete awareness of everything in this industry. Input is always appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Pages: « 1 ... 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 [254] 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 »
  Print  

Jump to: