Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:59:06 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 [725] 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 ... 1310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [XMG] MAGI | CPU mining | mPoW | mPoS | [MagiPay]  (Read 2375351 times)
the_drugs

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 02:25:00 AM

Have you guys thought about updating main page with a new roadmap. Not criticizing but its nice if the first page has a clean decisive roadmap to breakdown project.

If not just updating with a roadmap, some of the links in the main page seem to be dead or not working anymore, at least on my end. Some cleaning up would make it a bit easier to get started with the coin, or at least less confusing for some of the new guys like myself.  Smiley
joelao95 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1009

Coin of the Magi!

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 03:24:40 AM

Have you guys thought about updating main page with a new roadmap. Not criticizing but its nice if the first page has a clean decisive roadmap to breakdown project.

If not just updating with a roadmap, some of the links in the main page seem to be dead or not working anymore, at least on my end. Some cleaning up would make it a bit easier to get started with the coin, or at least less confusing for some of the new guys like myself.  Smiley

Exactly; I'll clean these things up and fill in descriptions / clarifications like what's magi's PoW, and how PoS worked out. A to-do-list is a must also. Busy in getting the overdue release ready, will divert my focus on the OP once the new wallets are released.

Coin MAGI  . XMG   
Coin Source : Trust Verified    [ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ]
  ♓.NΣTWORK-DΣPΣNDΣNT  RΣWARDING SYSTΣM  ※ 
  ANN THREAD MAGIPAY FAQ FORUM
.CPU Mining   PoS-II   PoM   Unique Block Reward 
joelao95 (OP)
Legendary

Coin of the Magi!

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 03:30:27 AM

Has anyone tried running this on a Pine64?  I have one with ROKOS v7 on it, and have successfully got it to attach to a NAS for a bitcoin node, and now i would like to do the same for a magicoin node.  When i download the wallet from the website, it does not actually seem to open for me.  Suggestions to make it open?

I guess there isn't well established process of running magi on Pine64. I recommend either compiling the daemon from source, or if you could stick to magi that far, I'll get this issue sorted out in the near future.

Coin MAGI  . XMG   
joelao95 (OP)
Legendary

Coin of the Magi!

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 03:49:21 AM

I see a massive pump coming for magi. The volume has increased a lot recently over 2000 a day over the last month. For a coin of this size that is very substantial.

I am also impressed with this coin. I mine and stake it in wallet. I will accept it for payment of my legal services until further notice. George D. Greenberg, Esq. www.attorneybitcoin.com

Many thanks. I'll put your site into OP once XMG is accepted; just let us know.

Coin MAGI  . XMG   
joelao95 (OP)
Legendary

Coin of the Magi!

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 04:57:08 AM
Last edit: February 01, 2017, 05:07:14 AM by joelao95

What is exactly the end goal of magi
That's one for Joe or 111magic to answer officially =)

I see Magi as a coin that is scaled for fairness, the algorithm is unique as it stops rewarding when big miners get on board - so makes it better for the smaller miner and deters the larger miner. This could make the coin valuable - and helps with even distribution, since its difficult to mine a lot of - it could also make the larger miners move away from the coin as they can't make immediate profit - but as more people get involved I think the rarity of the coin will increase and this will hopefully translate to greater value.

There is certainly no other project like Magi around. It has quite a few USP's.
Yes right Starmman. Sorry for my late response.
But i see you gave a good answer. Thanks for that.
Another thing is that Magi gives all people in the world a good & easy way to mine and learn about this unique  digital currency. People don't need a very fast or expensive computer to mine XMG. Think about people living in other places. In some countries people live 1 month with $100,-  In other countries you need $100,- for a week or less. So the value of XMG and the option to mine it with a simple computer or idle gives more people the option to do. Magi also has some awesome campaigns like the Proof of Interest campaign.
Last interest-rate was 6.7% What bank would give you that in only  3 months.

Magi achieved most goals because of the help or support
of the awesome Magi community or crypto-friends.
Magi team does not hold big wallets and is working on the future of the currency in the spare time they have next to busy jobs and their family's.
Magi team is doing this because we believe in the great future of digital currencies and special Magi.

I can tell so many good things about our developer or others but than this post will because more a book. Wink
I just would like to say that whatever happend with Magi  (XMG) value up or down, new exchanges, removed or hacked exchanges, more services, etc.... Magi team will be here and stays always friendly and supporting.

During the last years Magi (team) had good times and bad times.
We lost teammembers, (RIP my friend), accidents, less time to work on the currency, added on Cryptsy etc..

But for sure we believe Magi is the next generation currency for all people living everywhere! And we will continue working on that.

Sorry for the long post! Smiley

http://www.blockchaindynamics.net/voting.html
Vote for Magi here pls.

Magic, Starmman thanks for that, and many others who helped this coin. Magic, I wish everything is just going smooth for you.

In addition to those mentioned, I'd add a general view of the coin for which we aren't 100% done, as to setting down the ultimate goal. In my view, the how-it-work principle as mentioned implies that distributing coins (PoW mining or PoS minting) can just be done (and have to be done) with cost effective devices (wide available), without consuming much resources, that is, energies saved, which means a lot nowadays. The legitimacy of these two purposes are obviously right, but much overlooked in this crypto land, from what I can see.

Another feature of magi is its PoS; looks like it wasn't understood very well; that's due in part to that some detailed information is missing. Details here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=735170.msg9991269#msg9991269. Put it in simple, both of the following won't work well in magi's PoS: staking with a significant amount of coins, or accumulating a significant amount of staking time, either of which may cause security issue in a PoS coin. This part is mostly done; I also planned a close look at it as well in the near future.

As to the end goal, it is certain that we want magi be widely used, as a payment system, and beyond.

Coin MAGI  . XMG   
starmman
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 07:04:50 AM

If not just updating with a roadmap, some of the links in the main page seem to be dead or not working anymore, at least on my end. Some cleaning up would make it a bit easier to get started with the coin, or at least less confusing for some of the new guys like myself.  Smiley

Exactly; I'll clean these things up and fill in descriptions / clarifications like what's magi's PoW, and how PoS worked out. A to-do-list is a must also. Busy in getting the overdue release ready, will divert my focus on the OP once the new wallets are released.

Great stuff - I think a roadmap will make a massive impact on people adopting the coin - its one of that main things new investors will look at when completing a fundamental analysis when deciding on which coin to invest.
111magic
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 07:25:08 AM

Great stuff - I think a roadmap will make a massive impact on people adopting the coin - its one of that main things new investors will look at when completing a fundamental analysis when deciding on which coin to invest.
Who can make a good roadmap? Joe?

bitcoin: bc1qyadvvyv29z08ln2ta7g3uqwzkscr7wq4p09wuz
starmman
Legendary

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 07:41:44 AM

Who can make a good roadmap? Joe?
I can help here if needed - but will need to know the main points - is there anything like a slack group for Magi, so these topics can be discussed in real-time? I can help set one up if you guys agree we need one.
preble

Activity: 54

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 08:10:56 AM

I have been in other forums and the positivity is just overwhelming here. No doubt the most enjoyable forum to read. It's great how ideas are being discussed to progress magi even further ahead. It's no mystery magi is one of only 79 altcoins on poloniex.
liberatorium

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2017, 11:06:55 AM

does anyone have a recent bootstrap? my wallet is stuck since 10 days ago, and only 1 connenction.

also, which is the last stable wallet version? i'm using 1.3.0.0 - but it has a warning at the bottom:

'This is a pre-release test build - use at your own risk - do not use for mining or merchant applications'
starmman
Legendary

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 11:30:34 AM

does anyone have a recent bootstrap? my wallet is stuck since 10 days ago, and only 1 connenction.

also, which is the last stable wallet version? i'm using 1.3.0.0 - but it has a warning at the bottom:

'This is a pre-release test build - use at your own risk - do not use for mining or merchant applications'

I'm on that version and all is working fine for me,

did you add any nodes to your magi.conf file? Could be worth adding more nodes and restarting the wallet

there are some noes listed in the op of this thread, and if you need more check the following link
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/xmg/#!network
liberatorium

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2017, 12:31:27 PM

thanks Smiley i've been running it for several months though, with enough connections.
but now it's stuck/forked - so will have to re-sync the chain. a bootstrap would be very helpful
brigabriela470

Activity: 70

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 12:34:16 PM

What is exactly the end goal of magi
That's one for Joe or 111magic to answer officially =)

I see Magi as a coin that is scaled for fairness, the algorithm is unique as it stops rewarding when big miners get on board - so makes it better for the smaller miner and deters the larger miner. This could make the coin valuable - and helps with even distribution, since its difficult to mine a lot of - it could also make the larger miners move away from the coin as they can't make immediate profit - but as more people get involved I think the rarity of the coin will increase and this will hopefully translate to greater value.

There is certainly no other project like Magi around. It has quite a few USP's.
Yes right Starmman. Sorry for my late response.
But i see you gave a good answer. Thanks for that.
Another thing is that Magi gives all people in the world a good & easy way to mine and learn about this unique  digital currency. People don't need a very fast or expensive computer to mine XMG. Think about people living in other places. In some countries people live 1 month with $100,-  In other countries you need $100,- for a week or less. So the value of XMG and the option to mine it with a simple computer or idle gives more people the option to do. Magi also has some awesome campaigns like the Proof of Interest campaign.
Last interest-rate was 6.7% What bank would give you that in only  3 months.

Magi achieved most goals because of the help or support
of the awesome Magi community or crypto-friends.
Magi team does not hold big wallets and is working on the future of the currency in the spare time they have next to busy jobs and their family's.
Magi team is doing this because we believe in the great future of digital currencies and special Magi.

I can tell so many good things about our developer or others but than this post will because more a book. Wink
I just would like to say that whatever happend with Magi  (XMG) value up or down, new exchanges, removed or hacked exchanges, more services, etc.... Magi team will be here and stays always friendly and supporting.

During the last years Magi (team) had good times and bad times.
We lost teammembers, (RIP my friend), accidents, less time to work on the currency, added on Cryptsy etc..

But for sure we believe Magi is the next generation currency for all people living everywhere! And we will continue working on that.

Sorry for the long post! Smiley

http://www.blockchaindynamics.net/voting.html
Vote for Magi here pls.

do not feel sorry for the long post but stress only upon the authentication.
PetATL

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 12:35:16 PM

Can you please send some manual how to setup wallet for POS 2 because I try few version of wallets but it stake very low amount, when I compare it with different wallet with same amount.

Thanks
starmman
Legendary

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 12:57:47 PM

thanks Smiley i've been running it for several months though, with enough connections.
but now it's stuck/forked - so will have to re-sync the chain. a bootstrap would be very helpful
Sorry, I understand you now -

Will this link to a blockchain download help you?

http://coinmagi.org/bin/block-chain/
starmman
Legendary

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 01:08:47 PM

U guys have slack.
I've searched and found the following link setup by lionheart78 

https://coinmagi.slack.com/

Not sure how to join - is it invite only?
liberatorium

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2017, 02:19:27 PM

that did the trick, it's synced and staking Grin thank you very much!
starmman
Legendary

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 04:19:35 PM

Great to hear - I wish you happy staking!

I'm using the following settings in my magi.conf which stops me from having to use coin control to keep my staking weight up - might be useful to you - some other people on here tweak them differently
Code:
# posii=0 to disable PoS staking; default = 1
posii=1
# Transaction under stake with a value greater than the threshold is being splitted
stakesplitthreshold=150
# Transactions with values less than the threshold will combine into one
stakecombinethreshold=74
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 1364

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 04:34:53 PM

While this sounds secondary, I'd post preliminary switch of logo to a new version (blue the primary) for clarity and simplicity: 

I propose in all of the situations where logos are used a switch should be done. Pls help to spread the words.

Here is a link to png files: http://coinmagi.org/files/logo/v2/, where you can also find the .svg. You're very welcome to improve / design logos.

@goldlabel, initial logo pngs will be remained here: http://coinmagi.org/files/logo/v1/

The logo looks simple, yet gives a cleaner image of Coin Magi itself. I like it due to the simplicity of the same, while at the same time delivering a colorful appearance, that it is sort of eye catching.

If I were to vote for a new logo for Coin Magi, that would be the blue one. I kinda of miss the II symbol which appeared on the original logo, which helped reflect Coin Magi's unique PoS II, but even still, it looks nice.

Nevertheless, I'm looking forward for the new release of the Magi wallet, as well as more exciting stuff like the logo, to help increase Coin Magi's popularity and value.  Grin

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
MilkandPie4U

Activity: 173
Merit: 151

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2017, 12:47:42 AM

Great to hear - I wish you happy staking!

I'm using the following settings in my magi.conf which stops me from having to use coin control to keep my staking weight up - might be useful to you - some other people on here tweak them differently
Code:
# posii=0 to disable PoS staking; default = 1
posii=1
# Transaction under stake with a value greater than the threshold is being splitted
stakesplitthreshold=150
# Transactions with values less than the threshold will combine into one
stakecombinethreshold=74

I use posii=0 to ensure the blockchain is fully synced before staking, you can fork if staking when syncing. Just allow the chain to sync after starting the wallet , get the green checkmark in the qt wallet, then enable staking.

Pages: « 1 ... 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 [725] 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 ... 1310 »
  Print  

Jump to: