Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 02:30:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 [737] 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 ... 1310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [XMG] MAGI | CPU mining | mPoW | mPoS | [MagiPay]  (Read 2375330 times)
Elar

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 12:41:22 AM

There is only a yay !!! if you find a block while solomining i guess. Everything else wouldnt make a sense to me.

Maybe you can helph me with solomine setup since im trying to use this guide for litecoinqt to get to work with magiqt. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=83371.0

EDIT Okay, got it to work no errors so far with one exception im getting [2017-02-18 16:35:17] No payout address provided, switching to getwork too. Maybe some one of the pool owners around here knows ho to fix ? EDIT
Regards!

Hello, I searched a bit and find a thing about the payout address error and it seems we can ignore this error, nothing really helpful about the 500 Internal Server Error but how far I can go in the putty screen I don't had this error in the last hour anymore.

it's not really hard to set up the miner, if it can help anyone :

I have made an user account for mining, so all the following things are to do in the /home folder of your user

download this miner https://github.com/magi-project/m-cpuminer-v2/releases and the wallet http://coinmagi.org/bin/m-wallet-1.3.1/

Extract the 2 downloaded files and navigate to m-wallet-1.3.1-linux/conf/ and copy the magi.conf file in /home/user/.magi and edit it, I've added daemon=1 in it and put a rpcuser and password, my magi.conf file looks like this

daemon=1
server=1
listen=1
rpcuser=magi
rpcpassword=12345
rpcport=8232
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1

# Add nodes to connect to specific peers
addnode=104.128.225.215
addnode=104.128.225.240
addnode=104.128.225.241
addnode=104.131.42.100
addnode=216.189.144.186
addnode=216.189.144.211
addnode=216.189.144.212

# posii=0 to disable PoS staking; default = 1
posii=1

# Transaction under stake with a value greater than the threshold is being splitted
stakesplitthreshold=500

# Transactions with values less than the threshold will combine into one
stakecombinethreshold=250

Then navigate to m-wallet-1.3.1-linux/bin/64/ and start the daemon with ./magid & and let him a few hours to download the blockchain.

To launch the miner just navigate to the m-minerd-64-linux folder and start the miner with ./m-minerd --url http://127.0.0.1:8232 --user magi --pass 12345 --threads 4 -e 100

This is exactly what I did, change the folders names and the --user and --pass according to your configuration.

It will default to a new address in your wallet, once you find a block it will show up.

Edit - I'll add this, there is a massive solo miner on now and the hash rate jumped to 137Mhs, us small solo miners don't stand a chance at this point.  Every pool I can see is still stuck and not finding any blocks for more than a day now.  Still going up, 148Mhs now.

I have found the wallet.dat in the .magi folder, i copied it to my pc to check if he finds a block Smiley

I was mining with my home computer in the pom.m-hash pool, since nearly 2 days no blocks, no more update in the confirmed and unconfirmed balance, it is due to the big miner too ?
Visi0n4ry

Activity: 24

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 05:10:39 AM

There is only a yay !!! if you find a block while solomining i guess. Everything else wouldnt make a sense to me.

Maybe you can helph me with solomine setup since im trying to use this guide for litecoinqt to get to work with magiqt. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=83371.0

EDIT Okay, got it to work no errors so far with one exception im getting [2017-02-18 16:35:17] No payout address provided, switching to getwork too. Maybe some one of the pool owners around here knows ho to fix ? EDIT
Regards!

Hello, I searched a bit and find a thing about the payout address error and it seems we can ignore this error, nothing really helpful about the 500 Internal Server Error but how far I can go in the putty screen I don't had this error in the last hour anymore.

it's not really hard to set up the miner, if it can help anyone :

I have made an user account for mining, so all the following things are to do in the /home folder of your user

download this miner https://github.com/magi-project/m-cpuminer-v2/releases and the wallet http://coinmagi.org/bin/m-wallet-1.3.1/

Extract the 2 downloaded files and navigate to m-wallet-1.3.1-linux/conf/ and copy the magi.conf file in /home/user/.magi and edit it, I've added daemon=1 in it and put a rpcuser and password, my magi.conf file looks like this

daemon=1
server=1
listen=1
rpcuser=magi
rpcpassword=12345
rpcport=8232
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1

# Add nodes to connect to specific peers
addnode=104.128.225.215
addnode=104.128.225.240
addnode=104.128.225.241
addnode=104.131.42.100
addnode=216.189.144.186
addnode=216.189.144.211
addnode=216.189.144.212

# posii=0 to disable PoS staking; default = 1
posii=1

# Transaction under stake with a value greater than the threshold is being splitted
stakesplitthreshold=500

# Transactions with values less than the threshold will combine into one
stakecombinethreshold=250

Then navigate to m-wallet-1.3.1-linux/bin/64/ and start the daemon with ./magid & and let him a few hours to download the blockchain.

To launch the miner just navigate to the m-minerd-64-linux folder and start the miner with ./m-minerd --url http://127.0.0.1:8232 --user magi --pass 12345 --threads 4 -e 100

This is exactly what I did, change the folders names and the --user and --pass according to your configuration.

It will default to a new address in your wallet, once you find a block it will show up.

Edit - I'll add this, there is a massive solo miner on now and the hash rate jumped to 137Mhs, us small solo miners don't stand a chance at this point.  Every pool I can see is still stuck and not finding any blocks for more than a day now.  Still going up, 148Mhs now.

I have found the wallet.dat in the .magi folder, i copied it to my pc to check if he finds a block Smiley

I was mining with my home computer in the pom.m-hash pool, since nearly 2 days no blocks, no more update in the confirmed and unconfirmed balance, it is due to the big miner too ?

Probably they havent done the update to the new wallet yet. I also have some trouble with them it seems like something or someone is not working proper there. "the big miner" was probably https://xmg.suprnova.cc that was back from maintenance around that time. There are some smaller pools back from maintenance too maybe you would like to point your device to them.

doktor83

Activity: 2548
Merit: 626

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2017, 06:10:26 AM

on http://pom.m-hash.com no block found since 1201570, i mined two days there for nothing. Avoid this pool.

SRBMiner-MULTI thread - HERE
http://www.srbminer.com
starmman
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 07:42:26 AM

on http://pom.m-hash.com no block found since 1201570, i mined two days there for nothing. Avoid this pool.

Thanks for the information, perhaps they didn't upgrade the wallet or need to give it a kick. Does anybody know who owns the pool?
111magic
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 07:52:19 AM

Thanks for the information, perhaps they didn't upgrade the wallet or need to give it a kick. Does anybody know who owns the pool?
Yes i send the owner a message. Think the wallet update will help.

bitcoin: bc1qyadvvyv29z08ln2ta7g3uqwzkscr7wq4p09wuz
coinbit71

Activity: 89
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 09:03:29 AM

when you are on poloniex and so many other exchanges what is the point of worrying about bittrex?  if they dont see the value in having magi listed there or need to have .5 BTC trading a day happening then that is honestly not the XMG communities problem.  Anyway, it would be great to still be listed on as many exchanges as possible, but my point is that bittrex does not make or break the project so it's difficult for me to really care enough to do anything.
I have a similar feeling, it feels a little greedy IMHO - I know they need to make a profit - however most other exchanges don't have such steep rules on volume and are making good profit, makes it difficult for smaller coins to exist on there - quite a lot of smaller coins are using robots on the exchange just to keep the volume up - doesn't seem honest to me. It it goes - it may be a good thing for cryptopia and nova.
[/quote

for someone it is good and for someone it will be bad experience but according to its use only.
sylph93

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 10:22:12 AM

CryptoID blockexplorer seems to be out of sync. The latest block generated 2 days 6 hours ago.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion

▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄██████▄
 ▄█▀▀▀▀▀█▄      ▄███▀▀   ▀██
 ▀       ▀     ██▀
    ▄███▄          ▄█████▄
   ███████ █      █████████
           █
          █     █▄            ▄█
█▄       █      ▀██▄▄      ▄▄██▀
 ███▄▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄███▀ ▀▀██████████
  ██ ██▄ ▀▀▄███▄    ▄▄▄██  ██
   ██ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▀▀▀  ██
    ██                ▄▄  ██
     ██  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀    ██
      ██    ███
       ██   ███
        ██   ███
Highly Secure
Instant Confirmations
Secure Wallet
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
111magic
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 10:27:44 AM

CryptoID blockexplorer seems to be out of sync. The latest block generated 2 days 6 hours ago.
Same issue i think. Need wallet updates

starmman
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 11:01:42 AM

when you are on poloniex and so many other exchanges what is the point of worrying about bittrex?  if they dont see the value in having magi listed there or need to have .5 BTC trading a day happening then that is honestly not the XMG communities problem.  Anyway, it would be great to still be listed on as many exchanges as possible, but my point is that bittrex does not make or break the project so it's difficult for me to really care enough to do anything.
I have a similar feeling, it feels a little greedy IMHO - I know they need to make a profit - however most other exchanges don't have such steep rules on volume and are making good profit, makes it difficult for smaller coins to exist on there - quite a lot of smaller coins are using robots on the exchange just to keep the volume up - doesn't seem honest to me. It it goes - it may be a good thing for cryptopia and nova.

for someone it is good and for someone it will be bad experience but according to its use only.

I'm in the process of writing a trading robot - hopefully when its ready it'll help to increase volume on Trex a bit more (however only supports Polo to start with)
111magic
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 11:43:58 AM

when you are on poloniex and so many other exchanges what is the point of worrying about bittrex?  if they dont see the value in having magi listed there or need to have .5 BTC trading a day happening then that is honestly not the XMG communities problem.  Anyway, it would be great to still be listed on as many exchanges as possible, but my point is that bittrex does not make or break the project so it's difficult for me to really care enough to do anything.

I'm in the process of writing a trading robot - hopefully when its ready it'll help to increase volume on Trex a bit more (however only supports Polo to start with)
Really, that would be great to gain some volume.

Visi0n4ry

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 12:20:11 PM

If you need a Beta tester give me a hint, sounds interesting. Constant candles every 5 minutes will support acceptance a lot i guess since more people start to play arround with it than.

Also a integrated Miner GUI in the Wallet to solo mine would lead a lot people to join the community i guess, since the m7m is very nice for mining on smaller devices.
A general problem of crypto at the moment when it comes to mining is that about 90% of the world wide computer users are just normal people that dont know much about computers at all.
For all of us here it is no problem to set up minerd read a bit how to solve things and get it running as we would like to have it running. Some workmates for example have seen me recently while trading on polo on my workplace and where like " oh your'e trading crypto i heared a lot about that but i dont know how this works and i gave up since i don't get it to run". People are always cought in they're confortzone and have a hard day to break out of it. With the posibility to mine with an clear and self explaining GUI like the Wallet has, or at its best a integrated mining funtion within the wallet could do something that every crypto lacks at the moment to get more simple people into crypto. Since Magi is mainly a currency to pay with it needs long term a wide userbase because merchants will always ask themself "how many more volume of sales will we have by accepting this currency because there are people not buying at the moment because magi is not accepted". In addition to this merchants always need a stable priced currency to avoid the risk of an total loose of the trade margin or even more.
In my opinion Magi is a great projekt but lacks marketing and a well designed hompage at the moment.
Unfortunately i only know stuff about selling things coaching people to leave there confortzone and get to a selling machine on theyr'e job but not about programming and web design.
But if you want further ideas and thoughts about the projekt give me a hint and i will try to figure things out.
I also can do a german translation for the wallet if you want to, since it is pretty much mixed german, english at the moment.  Grin

jediwashuu

Activity: 20

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 02:44:25 PM

4 things:
1) Getting a solo miner integrated into the wallet would be a great upgrade!  especially for people on the Windows side.  Many average Windows users know nothing about cryptocurrency at all, and to be able to just down, say let it sync, then click this button to start would tear down a major wall for Magi.
2) if anyone knows maxminers, they have been paused for 2 days now too.  that is the pool i am on, personally
3) The new wallet looks great!  i upgraded mine on Windows pretty quickly with the downloaded chain file.
4) I look forward to the Pine64 official wallet build!

Visi0n4ry

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 03:36:08 PM

4 things:
1) Getting a solo miner integrated into the wallet would be a great upgrade!  especially for people on the Windows side.  Many average Windows users know nothing about cryptocurrency at all, and to be able to just down, say let it sync, then click this button to start would tear down a major wall for Magi.
2) if anyone knows maxminers, they have been paused for 2 days now too.  that is the pool i am on, personally
3) The new wallet looks great!  i upgraded mine on Windows pretty quickly with the downloaded chain file.
4) I look forward to the Pine64 official wallet build!

Maxminers probably has to update the wallet maybe you can give them a hint by writing the support.

Point one is exactly what i mean, the mainstream computer user likes simple setups, sliders, buttons and those stuff in addition with a feeling of control provided by showing some data like the pool dashbords do.
ex33s

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 04:58:09 PM

Hi all,

Did a little Sunday project and it's was all about to visualize where all the peers connected to http://poolinfo.systms.org where coming from.

Did it out of curiosity to who I'm connected to. I know there's still kinks in the map to sort out like some markers are stacked exactly on-top of each other.
I've left out the ip-address of the peers connected on purpose.

The data on the site updates once every minute.

Link: https://poolinfo.systms.org/map/

Hope you guys like it!

111magic
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 05:03:43 PM

Hi all,

Did a little Sunday project and it's was all about to visualize where all the peers connected to http://poolinfo.systms.org where coming from.

Did it out of curiosity to who I'm connected to. I know there's still kinks in the map to sort out like some markers are stacked exactly on-top of each other.

Hope you guys like it!
Yes ex33s i like this very much! Thanks for the awesome development.

joelao95 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1009

Coin of the Magi!

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 05:37:29 PM

Hi all,

https://i.imgur.com/Q2JVLJG.png

Hope you guys like it!

You made my day. Smiley

Coin MAGI  . XMG   
Coin Source : Trust Verified    [ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ]
  ♓.NΣTWORK-DΣPΣNDΣNT  RΣWARDING SYSTΣM  ※ 
  ANN THREAD MAGIPAY FAQ FORUM
.CPU Mining   PoS-II   PoM   Unique Block Reward 
Sikes_hun

Activity: 6

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 06:07:36 PM

Hi all,

Hope you guys like it!

Good job, nice work!

Are they wallet prog locations?
How can you trace back ip or connection?
ex33s

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 06:17:10 PM

Hi all,

Hope you guys like it!

Good job, nice work!

Thanks!

I'm using a standard ip geoip location service to get that data. So it's not pinpoint accurate but gives a rough idea where the ip is located. See https://www.ip2location.com/ as an example.
But as always there is ways to hide, for example proxy server, so then it's the proxy servers location that is shown.

Sikes_hun

Activity: 6

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 06:29:50 PM

Hi all,

Hope you guys like it!

Good job, nice work!

Thanks!

I'm using a standard ip geoip location service to get that data. So it's not pinpoint accurate but gives a rough idea where the ip is located. See https://www.ip2location.com/ as an example.
But as always there is ways to hide, for example proxy server, so then it's the proxy servers location that is shown.

Thank You for info, i am not shamed about my low knowledge...but this is clear now.

I have 2 wallet running, and not showed in map Smiley Next to "Eger" in Hungary...no poxy no hide Smiley
ex33s

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 06:45:43 PM

Hi all,

Hope you guys like it!

Good job, nice work!

Thanks!

Thank You for info, i am not shamed about my low knowledge...but this is clear now.

I have 2 wallet running, and not showed in map Smiley Next to "Eger" in Hungary...no poxy no hide Smiley

That only means that poolinfo.systms.org wallet is not directly connected to you.
This map only shows other peers that are in direct contact to that wallet.

Pages: « 1 ... 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 [737] 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 ... 1310 »
  Print  

Jump to: