Bitcoin Forum
May 20, 2024, 11:47:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 [740] 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 ... 1310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [XMG] MAGI | CPU mining | mPoW | mPoS | [MagiPay]  (Read 2375306 times)
starmman
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 08:25:33 PM

I don't setting mint (staking) but why my wallet auto staking? how I fix it? thanks for reply

Do you use m-core:1.3.1 ?
If yes you can klick on Mint -> Disable PoS Minting
To turn auto PoS off klick Help -> Edit Magi.conf -> Strg F -> put posii=1 into the search line and set it to 0 in the config file. Save and exit, restart Wallet.

To do it manual at Windows 10 navigate To: My Computer -> type C:\Users\[your windows username]\AppData\Roaming\Magi\magi.conf without [] Choose editor from the app list.
Or just %appdata% navigate to magi and open magi.conf with editor. -> Strg F -> put posii=1 into the search line and set it to 0 in the config file. Save and exit, restart Wallet.

If you set a passphrase and just have your wallet open without unlocking it, PoS is also disabled.

But there is no reason to disable it in my opinion since it does not cause havy load on your system.

Actually, I would say under normal usage there's no reason for it to be disabled. But if you run a service where you have transactions to and from that service. I would actually recommend it. But then we are talking about more special case.

There is really good reason to have it set to off POSii=0 , if this is now hard coded in the new wallet XMG as posii=1 its just asking for forks,  The chain must be fully synced before the wallet enters POS.

Once a fork happens it is choas, exchanges lock down wallets, pools stop. Thinking I should look start looking different coins now if this is not addressed.

Well i only can speak for myself but when i installed the new wallet i had to manual enable PoS after the first start and i still have to on every start, even with posii=1 in config.

Maybe I'm lucky - I never had a problem with staking magi - I don't make so much in staking - trading gives much better rewards - but is obviously higher risk - especially if the market cap rockets this year.
preble

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 03:27:53 AM

I don't setting mint (staking) but why my wallet auto staking? how I fix it? thanks for reply

Do you use m-core:1.3.1 ?
If yes you can klick on Mint -> Disable PoS Minting
To turn auto PoS off klick Help -> Edit Magi.conf -> Strg F -> put posii=1 into the search line and set it to 0 in the config file. Save and exit, restart Wallet.

To do it manual at Windows 10 navigate To: My Computer -> type C:\Users\[your windows username]\AppData\Roaming\Magi\magi.conf without [] Choose editor from the app list.
Or just %appdata% navigate to magi and open magi.conf with editor. -> Strg F -> put posii=1 into the search line and set it to 0 in the config file. Save and exit, restart Wallet.

If you set a passphrase and just have your wallet open without unlocking it, PoS is also disabled.

But there is no reason to disable it in my opinion since it does not cause havy load on your system.

Actually, I would say under normal usage there's no reason for it to be disabled. But if you run a service where you have transactions to and from that service. I would actually recommend it. But then we are talking about more special case.

There is really good reason to have it set to off POSii=0 , if this is now hard coded in the new wallet XMG as posii=1 its just asking for forks,  The chain must be fully synced before the wallet enters POS.

Once a fork happens it is choas, exchanges lock down wallets, pools stop. Thinking I should look start looking different coins now if this is not addressed.

Well i only can speak for myself but when i installed the new wallet i had to manual enable PoS after the first start and i still have to on every start, even with posii=1 in config.

Maybe I'm lucky - I never had a problem with staking magi - I don't make so much in staking - trading gives much better rewards - but is obviously higher risk - especially if the market cap rockets this year.

I have about 61000 magi now. How much magi would u guys think I would make if I staked for a full year in terms of magi?
preble

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 03:38:19 AM

I am currently on a buying binge make it over 77k magi. any guesses what I would stake in a year and I am a newbie to it so I would love/appreciate any advice the magi community could give me. thanks in advance.
joelao95 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1009

Coin of the Magi!

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 03:43:38 AM

The staking is disabled before fully synced. It would be a mess that the wallet generates blocks while taking blocks from peers; and even you can generates blocks, they won't be accepted by the network as you just work alone. If wallet is stuck while sync, that's not due to staking but something about downloading blocks. In a case you get forked, you have to discard the whole block data and resync from scratch; would that be the case you run into?

And most importantly, it's not that easy to fork, as magi is PoW/PoS based; you got to work on both PoW and PoS for a safe fork.

Speaking of the setting, the PoSII is a lot safe in most of case by giving default 0 (PoS disabled). However, it won't be nice for general users cause they have to go editing magi.conf in order to enable staking, which is a barrier more or less, and sort of the confusing part. I'd vote for the other way around, easy to stake in general.

And don't forget, once wallet is locked by password, you're default not to stake. 

Coin MAGI  . XMG   
Coin Source : Trust Verified    [ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ]
  ♓.NΣTWORK-DΣPΣNDΣNT  RΣWARDING SYSTΣM  ※ 
  ANN THREAD MAGIPAY FAQ FORUM
.CPU Mining   PoS-II   PoM   Unique Block Reward 
joelao95 (OP)
Legendary

Coin of the Magi!

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 03:59:37 AM

While this sounds secondary, I'd post preliminary switch of logo to a new version (blue the primary) for clarity and simplicity:  

I propose in all of the situations where logos are used a switch should be done. Pls help to spread the words.

Here is a link to png files: http://coinmagi.org/files/logo/v2/, where you can also find the .svg. You're very welcome to improve / design logos.

@goldlabel, initial logo pngs will be remained here: http://coinmagi.org/files/logo/v1/

Give a hand on spreading the new logo if you can (I suppose it would be the favor of the most) (pool, exchange, etc). This would be sort of marketing and get us standing out. We'll follow up this change as well.

Coin MAGI  . XMG   
joelao95 (OP)
Legendary

Coin of the Magi!

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 04:08:07 AM

I am currently on a buying binge make it over 77k magi. any guesses what I would stake in a year and I am a newbie to it so I would love/appreciate any advice the magi community could give me. thanks in advance.

Basically about 3~5% APR I'd say, depending on network weight. I love hearing about people buying, however, I'd say decent buying will be the most pleasant part, and there is a decent reason to buy it. Smiley

Code:
getmininginfo
to look for stakeinterest (a varying number).

Coin MAGI  . XMG   
preble

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 04:22:39 AM

Basically about 3~5% APR I'd say, depending on network weight. I love hearing about people buying, however, I'd say decent buying will be the most pleasant part, and there is a decent reason to buy it. Smiley

Code:
getmininginfo
to look for stakeinterest (a varying number).

thanks for the answer. I normally do decent buying but when magi is there for the taking I must say I couldn't help but go on a binge buying session. I am a long term holder with my coins so they will be out of circulation for a while.
111magic
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 06:22:39 AM

While this sounds secondary, I'd post preliminary switch of logo to a new version (blue the primary) for clarity and simplicity:  

I propose in all of the situations where logos are used a switch should be done. Pls help to spread the words.

Here is a link to png files: http://coinmagi.org/files/logo/v2/, where you can also find the .svg. You're very welcome to improve / design logos.

@goldlabel, initial logo pngs will be remained here: http://coinmagi.org/files/logo/v1/

Give a hand on spreading the new logo if you can (I suppose it would be the favor of the most) (pool, exchange, etc). This would be sort of marketing and get us standing out. We'll follow up this change as well.
Has our awesome Goldlabel did something with those already. If not pls Goldlabel could you take a look at these logo's.
Will there be one in orange also? I like simplicity but maybe in 3D in would be better.  Smiley

bitcoin: bc1qyadvvyv29z08ln2ta7g3uqwzkscr7wq4p09wuz
111magic
Legendary

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 11:06:42 AM

left my coins in wallet 2 weeks, synced chain no problem, had 10 connections but of course like others no rewards. Bit dissappointed but went back to exchange
I dont understand your post. Your mean no results with staking?

111magic
Legendary

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 12:17:25 PM

yes no rewards and horrible weight. 2
Thats strange. Maybe this info can help you
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=735170.msg9991269#msg9991269

Check info under POS-II V2

sylph93

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 12:32:05 PM

Coins in wallet should be split into 15000 around size. When I have one chunk of 60K, soon I lost weight and couldn't stake at all. After I sent 15K to myself with coin control option. All my 60K splitted into 4 chunks of 15K pile. Finally staking started.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion

▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄██████▄
 ▄█▀▀▀▀▀█▄      ▄███▀▀   ▀██
 ▀       ▀     ██▀
    ▄███▄          ▄█████▄
   ███████ █      █████████
           █
          █     █▄            ▄█
█▄       █      ▀██▄▄      ▄▄██▀
 ███▄▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄███▀ ▀▀██████████
  ██ ██▄ ▀▀▄███▄    ▄▄▄██  ██
   ██ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▀▀▀  ██
    ██                ▄▄  ██
     ██  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀    ██
      ██    ███
       ██   ███
        ██   ███
Highly Secure
Instant Confirmations
Secure Wallet
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Visi0n4ry

Activity: 24

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 12:33:00 PM

yes no rewards and horrible weight. 2

It would be nice if you can provide a bit more informations like the ~amount of coins you have in the wallet in addition to your staking settings in your magi.conf like:

Code:
posii=1
stakesplitthreshold=500
combinethreshold=250

http://coinmagi.org/files/logo/v2/magi-blue_512x512.png

http://coinmagi.org/files/logo/v2/magi-green_512x512.png

Has our awesome Goldlabel did something with those already. If not pls Goldlabel could you take a look at these logo's.
Will there be one in orange also? I like simplicity but maybe in 3D in would be better.  Smiley

I realy like this simple Style for the wallet, but when it comes to web presence it can be a bit more flashy i in my opinion. I would like the new icon on a 3d coin like the old silver magi coin is. Like this BTC: https://img1.cgtrader.com/items/596931/d21abdcd1d/bitcoin-3d-model-max-3ds-fbx-c4d-ma-mb.jpg And maybe a larger one for headers where a lot of those 3d coins fall down in all 3 colours green blue orange. Like this one (of course in a better format for headers): http://static9.depositphotos.com/1006187/1130/i/450/depositphotos_11307591-stock-photo-rain.jpg
preble

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 12:19:53 AM

Coins in wallet should be split into 15000 around size. When I have one chunk of 60K, soon I lost weight and couldn't stake at all. After I sent 15K to myself with coin control option. All my 60K splitted into 4 chunks of 15K pile. Finally staking started.

I will have to try that. I have about as many as you too. How many magi have you staked per month?
MilkandPie4U

Activity: 173
Merit: 151

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2017, 02:53:19 AM

The staking is disabled before fully synced. It would be a mess that the wallet generates blocks while taking blocks from peers; and even you can generates blocks, they won't be accepted by the network as you just work alone. If wallet is stuck while sync, that's not due to staking but something about downloading blocks. In a case you get forked, you have to discard the whole block data and resync from scratch; would that be the case you run into?

And most importantly, it's not that easy to fork, as magi is PoW/PoS based; you got to work on both PoW and PoS for a safe fork.

Speaking of the setting, the PoSII is a lot safe in most of case by giving default 0 (PoS disabled). However, it won't be nice for general users cause they have to go editing magi.conf in order to enable staking, which is a barrier more or less, and sort of the confusing part. I'd vote for the other way around, easy to stake in general.

And don't forget, once wallet is locked by password, you're default not to stake. 

Thank you for the clear answers!

joelao95 (OP)
Legendary

Coin of the Magi!

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 04:06:50 AM
Last edit: February 23, 2017, 04:17:40 AM by joelao95

I will have to try that. I have about as many as you too. How many magi have you staked per month?

I bet this wouldn't be the best number, as we designed the way that some amount in a more acceptable size gives the highest return.

Coin MAGI  . XMG   
joelao95 (OP)
Legendary

Coin of the Magi!

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 04:10:19 AM

I realy like this simple Style for the wallet, but when it comes to web presence it can be a bit more flashy i in my opinion. I would like the new icon on a 3d coin like the old silver magi coin is. Like this BTC: https://img1.cgtrader.com/items/596931/d21abdcd1d/bitcoin-3d-model-max-3ds-fbx-c4d-ma-mb.jpg And maybe a larger one for headers where a lot of those 3d coins fall down in all 3 colours green blue orange. Like this one (of course in a better format for headers): http://static9.depositphotos.com/1006187/1130/i/450/depositphotos_11307591-stock-photo-rain.jpg

I agree. The logo fits in small size, but not fancy in a large scale.

Let me know if anyone wanna try a fancy design.

I'd set up a bonus for that.

Coin MAGI  . XMG   
joelao95 (OP)
Legendary

Coin of the Magi!

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 04:17:05 AM

left my coins in wallet 2 weeks, synced chain no problem, had 10 connections but of course like others no rewards. Bit dissappointed but went back to exchange

If PoS is not happening within a week, it's most likely overstaked; that is, the coin age falls into the tail of the following, which may not lead to a successful PoS any more.

There is a need to reset the coin age then.

We will get some easy tools into the wallet so that one can easily figure out what's going on.

Coin MAGI  . XMG   
joelao95 (OP)
Legendary

Coin of the Magi!

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 05:47:42 AM

Sorry about the situation. PoS here just works differently. Though it sounds bit tough, it does secure the chain as you can imagine, and it seems does so far.  

If you still want to try PoS, let me know; I'll can make a simple guide.

Coin MAGI  . XMG   
starmman
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 06:57:05 AM

Looks like BTC has hit its all time high - Magi still seems to be holding up pretty well compared to most other coins. Price vs BTC has dropped but we havn't lost the recent rise in market cap.
111magic
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 07:54:31 AM

Looks like BTC has hit its all time high - Magi still seems to be holding up pretty well compared to most other coins. Price vs BTC has dropped but we havn't lost the recent rise in market cap.
Yes Magi is doing very nice. Btc might drop little more next week.

Pages: « 1 ... 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 [740] 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 ... 1310 »
  Print  

Jump to: