Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 03:18:19 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [KEY] KeyCoin | Fair Launch | 10/24 Update: KeyTrader v2 - Windows + Mac  (Read 100803 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
runpaint

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 07:27:10 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vimZj8HW0Kg

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
swaho

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 09:48:34 PM

yes.. Key network is global... 57% amerikanos and 43% slovans
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/key/#!network   Geo-location

only missing  KeyOS to push network to other continents

rapta

Activity: 325

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 01:45:44 AM

peer info:

I had to move this coin to another server today, had trouble getting peers from the native method.

This peer is active:

addnode=98.175.59.71:37941
runpaint

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 12:17:55 PM

yes.. Key network is global... 57% amerikanos and 43% slovans
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/key/#!network   Geo-location

only missing  KeyOS to push network to other continents

This guy says we need a Linux wallet. 

Steps for development of bootable OS:

1) linux wallet
2) publish steps for how to make a TAILS bootable USB
     i.  download TAILS
     ii. checksum (optional?)
    iii. download linuxlive USB creator
    iv. follow steps, installation
3) publish source code for evaluation

It will be difficult to get people to put anonymous faith in a project that hasn't published its source because it is literally a "trust game." The vast majority of bootable USB's are linux based… the Mac and Windows wallet isn't very helpful.  

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
runpaint

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 12:24:29 PM

peer info:

I had to move this coin to another server today, had trouble getting peers from the native method.

This peer is active:

addnode=98.175.59.71:37941

I had 2 nodes that lost all connections, so I copied my peers.dat from my 3rd node and used it for the other 2.  They worked for a few days, but then they lost all connections again.

I don't know if it matters, but the node that still has connections is running as an empty wallet without a balance - not staking.  It always seems to get several connections, while the staking wallets usually only get 1 connection.

Also, I don't know if it matters if I have 2 computers active at my house, I thought maybe it could cause an IP conflict, so I only run 1 Keycoin wallet at a time. 

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
3r197

Activity: 732
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 06:45:28 PM

Good luck and God speed. I sold out about 2 months ago on cryptsy. I've learned my lesson, never believe in a coin with anon devs. Sell while you still can.
runpaint

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 07:12:17 PM

Good luck and God speed. I sold out about 2 months ago on cryptsy. I've learned my lesson, never believe in a coin with anon devs. Sell while you still can.

The whole coin is anonymous, it makes sense for the devs to be that way too.

Anyway, you want some more KEY?  I'm going to do a giveaway to get more people to download the wallet, but I haven't decided the best way to go about it yet.

Maybe I'll wait until Cryptsy has their wallet under maintenance, so people will have to get their own address. 

I think I'll give 250KEY to the first 50 people who ask.  What do you guys think?  Any promotional ideas?

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
sorrros

Activity: 954
Merit: 104

ludenaprotocol.io

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 05:42:25 AM

You can make it a "proof of action" type of promotion - with a message to be posted on social media. It probably takes time to manage/follow, but it's what's the coin would need to gain awareness/traction.

Before that, however:
  • the number of working nodes should be increased (or a new .conf file shared) - there is no point in getting new people if the wallet doesn't sync.
  • also, I don't think it's worth having the promotion without a roadmap..

► LudenaProtocol ◄ ♦️ A Gamified Social Platform for Worldwide Gamers ♦️ ► LudenaProtocol ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Instagram|Whitepaper
runpaint

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 10:22:36 AM

You can make it a "proof of action" type of promotion - with a message to be posted on social media. It probably takes time to manage/follow, but it's what's the coin would need to gain awareness/traction.

I think it would be enough for them to post their address within a screencap of their synced wallet.

Anyone who can't find connections should try my peers.dat, drop it in your appdata folder.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/4b8q6l0yyejm4v4/peers.dat

Detailed instructions are in this topic, for any newbies struggling to figure it out.  And for anyone who is new to the coin, don't hesitate to ask here for help.

Before that, however:
  • the number of working nodes should be increased (or a new .conf file shared) - there is no point in getting new people if the wallet doesn't sync.
  • also, I don't think it's worth having the promotion without a roadmap..

Hopefully, giving away free coins will result in more active nodes.  People will want to leave their wallet staking.  Give away coins --> more nodes. 

As for syncing, maybe we could host the blockchain for download.  When I install a new wallet on a new computer, I like to bring a usb stick with the entire appdata folder from another computer, minus the wallet.dat.  It saves you a lot of bandwidth, and about 2 days of waiting for sync to complete.

And as for the roadmap, I have a few ideas:

KEYCOIN ROADMAP

Step #1:  Keep Keycoin Running.  More users, more nodes.  Host the blockchain for download if we need to.  Get a DNS seeder if possible, or whatever will help people find connections.  Hopefully it won't be a problem when we have more active users, and connections will be easy to find.  Big coin giveaway, or as big as we can hope for anyway.  We'd be lucky if enough people showed up to get all the free coins I'm offering, but it's okay to start small.  10 more nodes would pretty much double our full-time active connections, so even a few new people would be a huge boost to the community.

Step #2:   Linux Wallet.  That's the main thing we need before we can make a bootable KeyOS.

Step #3:  KeyOS.

Step #4:  KeyTrader.

Step #5:  Payment Processor.  I'm working on a website to sell digital downloads of my e-books and mp3 music, and I want to offer 25% discounts for everything when the order is paid with KeyCoin.  I'm going to accept fiat, and Bitcoin, but I think anyone familiar with crypto would take a couple of minutes to buy the KeyCoin and spend that instead, to get a 25% discount.  They might not hold any KeyCoin after their purchase, but it will help generate constant activity and volume which will keep the market healthy and give people a reason to be confident about adopting KeyCoin.  Besides, even if they use it only one time, it gets them familiar with the name and the coin, and they'll be more open to using KeyCoin in the future.

Now, of course I hope that my one website will attract thousands of customers to buy my ebooks and music, and that they'll all pay in Key.  But even if my website doesn't do much business, having an easy KeyCoin option for payments could be something that other websites would use too.  But it has to exist before anyone can start using it.

My first choice would be to talk with CoinPayments.net and ask them to add KeyCoin to their list of accepted coins.  It might help convince them if we promise steady buying at Cryptsy so they can move their KeyCoin tx fees they collect - price doesn't matter, since they use adjustable exchange rates;  what matters is that they'll be able to sell whatever they have without dumping the market down 50%.

So think about CoinPayments.net.  But if that doesn't work out for whatever reason, we could ask around for devs who have made custom payment apps for individual coins.  Like ArtByte, formerly AppleByte, which has just launched a music website with digital downloads all sold for ABY. 

Buying online with crypto is so much better than using a credit card or Paypal.  You click the song you want, it gives you a unique receiving address for your transaction, and your download starts in a few seconds as soon as the tx is broadcast.  You don't have to sign up for the site, no name and password, just send the crypto and get what you want.  And since people are already doing it with Bitcoin, and even ArtByte, I think people would do it with KeyCoin.  Especially for a discount.

Step #6:  TELL EVERYONE!  After we have more users, and more places to spend KeyCoin, which will attract even more users, then we can really start spreading the word.  Generate buzz on forums and trollboxes.  Promotions, advertisements, interviews with CoinDesk, representatives at conventions.  Especially if we have KeyOS and/or KeyTrader, we'll finally have something exciting to talk about.  Real reasons to adopt KeyCoin instead of any other coin. 

But even without KeyOS, if we have a bigger community and people are selling things for Key, then we already have enough reasons to adopt KeyCoin.  Widespread acceptance is all Doge has, and Doge isn't going anywhere anytime soon. 

But, unlike Doge with billions of coins, Key has less than 1 million.  Unlike Doge with constant inflation and a block reward that will never decrease, Key runs on Proof of Stake.

So KeyCoin is already a good coin.  We can make it better, and more people will want it.   

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
runpaint

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 04:50:27 PM

Okay, I'm hosting the blockchain for download, in a zipped folder that also includes .conf and peers.dat, so you can download the whole folder, unzip it, name it Keycoin, and put it in your appdata.  (it has everything except the wallet.dat of course)

I'm also going to host the wallet for download, but I only have the Windows wallet.  Does anyone have the Mac wallet they can share? 

Any other ideas for a general info site for Keycoin? 

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
runpaint

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 11:17:46 PM

Please send links for your sites, or anywhere that accepts Keycoin. 

I'd like to have everyone linked and ready to go before I start promoting the new site.

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
runpaint

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 06:42:24 AM

Update:

Does anybody want to try this Keycoin Wallet for Linux?  I'm not sure what it is, maybe a partially complete wallet for Linux.  The link is from the original ANN thread.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y4wogf0guzgebef/KeyCoin

Also, I'm still looking for a link or zip of a Mac wallet, if anybody has one.

Also, I'm still ready for anyone's links that they want on the new website, especially links to places that accept Keycoin.

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
runpaint

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 04:11:02 PM

Please send links for your sites, or anywhere that accepts Keycoin. 

I'd like to have everyone linked and ready to go before I start promoting the new site.

Slow down, not everybody at once!

The new site is coming along great.

Also Keycoin will be added to CoinPayments.net, so that's cool too.

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
sorrros

ludenaprotocol.io

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 06:10:10 AM

Hi runpaint - I can't get the compiled wallet (from source) nor the one in the link you shared to connect to peers...

► LudenaProtocol ◄ ♦️ A Gamified Social Platform for Worldwide Gamers ♦️ ► LudenaProtocol ◄
runpaint

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 11:00:38 AM
Last edit: September 04, 2015, 11:36:24 AM by runpaint

Hi runpaint - I can't get the compiled wallet (from source) nor the one in the link you shared to connect to peers...

I just uploaded a new peers.dat from my wallet that has 8 connections.  I'll add the .conf too.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/m63w7uewhvpuwsb/Keycoinpeers1.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/download/w7d9p72wjxx0spg/Keycoinconf1.zip

Hopefully that will get you running.  If not, message me your IP and I can add it to my .conf.

And I'm still looking at how to get a DNS seeder, so in the future we won't have this problem. 

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
runpaint

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 11:45:23 AM

If you add the .conf and the peers.dat, and still have no connections, try removing the .conf file and restarting the wallet with just the peers.dat

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
sorrros

ludenaprotocol.io

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 11:04:09 PM

Great that worked! Thanks runpaint  Smiley

For Linux users; note that downloading the wallet from Git and compiling works well..

runpaint

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 11:38:03 PM
Last edit: September 06, 2015, 01:31:16 AM by runpaint

Great that worked! Thanks runpaint  Smiley

For Linux users; note that downloading the wallet from Git and compiling works well..

Give us a Keycoin receiving address from your new wallet!

And the Linux wallet too, if you want to see how it stakes. 

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
sorrros

ludenaprotocol.io

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 08:38:55 AM

Thanks for the offer runpaint but I'm already staking Wink

You can see it for yourself: K8q6EGyGDfuCRK8AHdUZRAoLDY2qkSoFo1

PS- in fact I believe the stake comes too fast with the Key algo, which I think doesn't incentivize people to stake ongoing/for longer (including me).
It took less than 10 minutes to get the full staking weight paid even if last time I staked was about 4 months ago...

runpaint

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 01:55:17 PM
Last edit: September 07, 2015, 06:20:41 AM by runpaint

You can see it for yourself: K8q6EGyGDfuCRK8AHdUZRAoLDY2qkSoFo1

Do we have a block explorer?

PS- in fact I believe the stake comes too fast with the Key algo, which I think doesn't incentivize people to stake ongoing/for longer (including me).
It took less than 10 minutes to get the full staking weight paid even if last time I staked was about 4 months ago...

If you send all of your KEY to yourself in several smaller transactions, each to a different address, it will create smaller coin blocks that will stake individually.  My Keycoin wallet stakes nonstop, all day every day.

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: