Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 09:56:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [KEY] KeyCoin | Fair Launch | 10/24 Update: KeyTrader v2 - Windows + Mac  (Read 100804 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
M1SHO

Activity: 258
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 06:27:45 PM

It wasn't long ago people were paying 2btc+ for tools like this.  100 coins is a damn bargain, stuff like this would sell easily on eBay for hundreds of dollars.

+1000
+1000

The World's First Gold-Backed Crypto Currency INNcoin - http://4thjulycoin.com/
Boomsling

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 06:31:27 PM

Well I gotta say im glad there is finally a moderated thread.  I had left the thread for a week because the FUD was mostly nonsensical BS.  Everyone fighting over who the lead team, that prom was involved, and koolio and whoever else.  If any of those guys were to go to XC or DRK and start buying it up would ppl start claiming they were scams too?  Get over yourselves, they arent god and shouldnt be held up as such.  Theyre investors and they are trying to build a coin.  If you dont like it or because your beloved Crypt is a POS then dont buy it.  No need to try to destroy other peoples hope of building and investing in a very decent coin.  

I am actually excited about a KeyOS release as really I haven't seen another coin implement anonymous OS usage with a wallet.  Hopefully Ill be able to add other wallets to the bootable USB stick so I can keep a few of my coins encrypted and ready to run outside of windows.  It will be tor implemented so you can surf the net anonymously for the most part.  I think the biggest thing is that it will be unique thus far since no one has it.  And if anyone knows about Linux, this is not something that is not that easy to implement.  Linux can be very frustrating at times, especially with new innovations.  Hopefully dev team can figure it out soon as it will be a very cool release.  Cant wait for more future updates without all the bullshit to block it out.  It ruins the spirit of crypto...to innovate!

so basically the first tor (anon) based OS for crypto trading and safe storage on a stick.

Shocked

awesome
CrimsonPermanentAssurance

Activity: 155
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 06:44:10 PM
Last edit: August 13, 2014, 06:56:20 PM by CrimsonPermanentAssurance

Well I gotta say im glad there is finally a moderated thread.  I had left the thread for a week because the FUD was mostly nonsensical BS.  Everyone fighting over who the lead team, that prom was involved, and koolio and whoever else.  If any of those guys were to go to XC or DRK and start buying it up would ppl start claiming they were scams too?  Get over yourselves, they arent god and shouldnt be held up as such.  Theyre investors and they are trying to build a coin.  If you dont like it or because your beloved Crypt is a POS then dont buy it.  No need to try to destroy other peoples hope of building and investing in a very decent coin.  

I am actually excited about a KeyOS release as really I haven't seen another coin implement anonymous OS usage with a wallet.  Hopefully Ill be able to add other wallets to the bootable USB stick so I can keep a few of my coins encrypted and ready to run outside of windows.  It will be tor implemented so you can surf the net anonymously for the most part.  I think the biggest thing is that it will be unique thus far since no one has it.  And if anyone knows about Linux, this is not something that is not that easy to implement.  Linux can be very frustrating at times, especially with new innovations.  Hopefully dev team can figure it out soon as it will be a very cool release.  Cant wait for more future updates without all the bullshit to block it out.  It ruins the spirit of crypto...to innovate!

so basically the first tor (anon) based OS for crypto trading and safe storage on a stick.

Shocked

awesome

The devs of Key OS and tool bin just better make absolutely certain the end goal of releasing those is to give KeyCoin investors a reason to hold onto key and new investors a reason to purchase substantial amounts of Key. It shouldn't just be a gateway to have a bunch of trading tools for any coin imaginable for chump change amounts of Key to unlock it. The requirements for using these tools being set properly is, in this case, absolutely KEY. Please set those prices and requirements wisely.
keycoin (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 07:00:28 PM

Seriously guys, this is not FUD.. Delete it if you want but its the truth.

I can modify the bittrex API links to point to different sites and everything just using a hex editor on the keytrader.exe?

It is not safe in its current state, I recommend using encryption for any values of importance, and they should also be held in a completely separate encrypted file to the exe?

https://i.imgur.com/OOEAaqG.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/itWoglR.jpg

Now that is constructive criticism. sorry.  

It's still in beta.  We'll investigate it, thanks.
Bitcoin Machine

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 07:14:59 PM
Last edit: August 13, 2014, 08:53:04 PM by Bitcoin Machine

Shocked

awesome

Nice!  So I could send BTC or other crypto onto my Keycoin Stick and securely keep it safe offline?  A bank on a stick! Grin    Who doesn't want this?

I can choose to encrypt the whole stick when not in use. I could then use my Authy App code to decrypt the stick quickly.

Edit: Is it just me or this simply amazing?   Lock or Unlock all your Crypto with your KEY Cheesy

tristartek

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 09:33:56 PM

Nice!  So I could send BTC or other crypto onto my Keycoin Stick and securely keep it safe offline?  A bank on a stick! Grin    Who doesn't want this?

I can choose to encrypt the whole stick when not in use. I could then use my Authy App code to decrypt the stick quickly.

Edit: Is it just me or this simply amazing?   Lock or Unlock all your Crypto with your KEY Cheesy

Bank on a stick sounds great, but Ive one question, how do you decide if you are going to trust all your wallets and keys/coins to a third party patched OS?

I guess thats up to the user.  Of course you can encrypt your wallets, which most people should do anyway.  If a wallet.dat is encrypted then goodluck to someone cracking it.  But then again this can happen to any windows OS wallet downloads as well.  Anyone remember dafuq coin? 

BTC: 1KTg6RkiHjovXqVfVB1a74NPPXLnoL1HNf
tristartek

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 09:36:05 PM

Shocked

awesome

The devs of Key OS and tool bin just better make absolutely certain the end goal of releasing those is to give KeyCoin investors a reason to hold onto key and new investors a reason to purchase substantial amounts of Key. It shouldn't just be a gateway to have a bunch of trading tools for any coin imaginable for chump change amounts of Key to unlock it. The requirements for using these tools being set properly is, in this case, absolutely KEY. Please set those prices and requirements wisely.
This is a good point and Ive emailed the devs regarding safeguards to such a powerful trading tool.  Hopefully they will implement certain safeguards and maybe make more user friendly towards key.  Perhaps a small fee or something for every time you use the tool for another coin?  Im sure we can all brainstorm some good ideas here to help keycoin.

BTC: 1KTg6RkiHjovXqVfVB1a74NPPXLnoL1HNf
MVI

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 09:44:53 PM

Quote from: DeViL303
"A Bank on a stick" sounds great, but Ive one question, how do you decide if you are going to trust all your wallets and keys/coins to a third party patched OS?

Trust is earned, and so far, so good with the KeyCoin Team.  Caution is prudent when dealing with the "wild west", but KeyCoin Devs have definitely earned my trust.
Bitcoin Machine

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 09:51:29 PM

"A Bank on a stick" sounds great, but Ive one question, how do you decide if you are going to trust all your wallets and keys/coins to a third party patched OS?

Well Your right.  Security is Key. 

These are great opportunities to revolutionize the industry. 

I do have a few idea's of my own and I am sure others do too.  These problems can be solved.

RichardT

Activity: 391

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 09:56:05 PM

Quote from: DeViL303

Trust is earned, and so far, so good with the KeyCoin Team.  Caution is prudent when dealing with the "wild west", but KeyCoin Devs have definitely earned my trust.

Any examples as to what they have done to make you trust them with your keys and coins?

1. They have their team and anon code reviewed by an unbiased third party (Dan Metcalf of XCurrency)
2. Trust verified by another third party (Coinssource)
3. They have delivered so much (anon, trading app, etc) in their very short life so far (about 5 weeks)

Obviously you can continue to criticize every little thing including their tech and efforts at gaining trust, but how many other coins out there have all these things already established.

Also, you speak as though all these problems are only unique to keycoin.  And that is definitely not the case. Devs have done and will continue to do their best to address problems.
Bitcoin Machine

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 09:59:24 PM

Adding more limitations is the last thing they want to be doing IMO.. they should be adding features, not adding restrictions and extra fees. KeyOS and its tools could be a good PR tool for keycoin, not a way to force investment and make money off its users..

I agree not to limit PR opportunities.  All the biggest DOT COM companies are all based online subscriptions that started as free service.  Many Anti-Virus software companies became huge by offering a free anti virus but now these companies make huge profits on premium paid unlocked features.  
patience

Activity: 19

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 10:06:45 PM

Adding more limitations is the last thing they want to be doing IMO.. they should be adding features, not adding restrictions and extra fees. KeyOS and its tools could be a good PR tool for keycoin, not a way to force investment and make money off its users..

I agree not to limit PR opportunities.  All the biggest DOT COM companies are all based on subscriptions that started as free service.  Many Anti-Virus software companies became huge by offering a free anti virus but now these companies make huge profits on premium paid unlocked features.  

Agree with both posts. Charging to use the app may have some short term benefits, but giving exposure to the community without limitations will draw in more attention than charging them. Not sure, but it may be the first app that is free/cheap to use, which would lend to more credibility and positive acceptance surrounding the coin and its progress. Besides, it could serve as a good promotion for what is yet to come. Just my 2 cents....
MVI

Activity: 46

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 10:37:47 PM

It seems the question of the moment is "to charge", or "not to charge" for the custom apps.  Both sides have valid arguments, but here is a third option.  Do both.

Release the full version (after bugs have been squashed) and charge for it - pricing structure TBD.  There will definitely be demand for the apps.  Maybe do some giveaways to increase publicity.

After an amount of time (again, TBD), make the apps free to anyone.  This would be another boon to the community and good publicity.
mlord1010

Activity: 125

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 11:20:44 PM

The grudge is real apparently.  How on earth does a coin with this much going for it have a 240k coinmarket cap.  Yes, it's currently lower than mint coin. Wow.  I need to sell my soul for some BTC to buy key at these prices.
RichardT

Activity: 391

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 11:25:23 PM

The grudge is real apparently.  How on earth does a coin with this much going for it have a 240k coinmarket cap.  Yes, it's currently lower than mint coin. Wow.  I need to sell my soul for some BTC to buy key at these prices.

I know. A coin that actually has good reason for people to demand it.  But it's still in it's infancy. More people will take notice with time and we will see price reflect that.
pr0m3theus2013

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 11:27:01 PM

Perhaps I can release one of my bots...
patience

Activity: 19

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 11:39:02 PM

Perhaps I can release one of my bots...

That may help Grin
kreendurron

Activity: 24

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 11:55:33 PM

It seems the question of the moment is "to charge", or "not to charge" for the custom apps.  Both sides have valid arguments, but here is a third option.  Do both.

Release the full version (after bugs have been squashed) and charge for it - pricing structure TBD.  There will definitely be demand for the apps.  Maybe do some giveaways to increase publicity.

After an amount of time (again, TBD), make the apps free to anyone.  This would be another boon to the community and good publicity.

Why not make a requirement for a balance of ??key to use app.
additionally have requirements for each additional trading symbol you have a btn to purchase/unlock that symbol and will add to your key balance and unlock trading features for each additional currency?

That way you can pick and choose which coins you want to use the app with.

key... unlocks.. . other currencies... you see what i did there?
keycoin (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 12:04:00 AM

Thanks for your input everyone, we're taking all your suggestions into consideration for improvements.

infazan, if you have something constructive to say, you may post it here in this thread for people to respond to. Please refrain from repeatedly posting links to your twitter account with no commentary.
Bitcoin Machine

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 12:04:27 AM

It seems the question of the moment is "to charge", or "not to charge" for the custom apps.  Both sides have valid arguments, but here is a third option.  Do both.

Release the full version (after bugs have been squashed) and charge for it - pricing structure TBD.  There will definitely be demand for the apps.  Maybe do some giveaways to increase publicity.

After an amount of time (again, TBD), make the apps free to anyone.  This would be another boon to the community and good publicity.

This is how money is made!

One ultimate Marketing Strategy for Keycoin.  Grin

To sell KeyOS in every store around world on the rack where gift cards are sold.  Now everyone can shop with, trade & own Crypto Currency!   Plug and Play Baby.Cheesy  Even a child can do it.  

Once the account is activated by plugging in, a portion of the 25 dollars is converted to KEYS based on the current market prices.  The end user can start trading Keys immediately without purchasing Bitcoin but can still immediately buy Bitcoins with their KEYs.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: