Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 05:17:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [KEY] KeyCoin | Fair Launch | 10/24 Update: KeyTrader v2 - Windows + Mac  (Read 100808 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
leolegend

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 02:03:24 AM

so what exactly does this coin do? in two sentences please

It's a standard POS/POW hybrid coin that has all the same features as any of the top cryptos out right now, with a dev team that delivers features more consistently than any of them.  They're also developing a full trading platform around it.

They wrote an operating system for this coin...which sets up the foundation for many possible amazing things
Triffin

Activity: 952
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 02:11:28 AM

so what exactly does this coin do? in two sentences please

20% annual POS percent
USB Operating System
In wallet crypto trading platform

Triff ..

3r197

Activity: 732
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 05:38:52 AM

So how exactly do I open up the KEYOS file I download from this thread? I currently have windows OS7 64bit
novirudarzg

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 07:55:01 AM

hello guy...sorry if i ask too much Cheesy

but...i cant find it ...

so do we have maximum coins number .. or we use some calculating ..like every year +20%...

im good at math ... but cant figure that out..

just want to know how much coins could next year mint with pos

tyvm in advance

big love

Rudar
Giorgia

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 08:19:59 AM

the price is down it's a good time to buy more keys Cheesy
3r197

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 11:33:19 AM

but...i cant find it ...

so do we have maximum coins number .. or we use some calculating ..like every year +20%...

tyvm in advance

big love

Rudar

Coinmarketcap.com has us currently up to 914,520
novirudarzg

Activity: 104

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 11:37:20 AM

yeh i know ... i'm asking can we know how much more keycoins will be produced by pos next year for example
ChenXue

Activity: 112

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 11:52:37 AM

Why i always miss good coins???This time i won't miss Key .When the price is dropping i will all in
HoldTheLine

Activity: 112

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 12:17:29 PM

We saw what Quatloo Trader did for QTL - $1 per coin is coming on the release of Keytrader2 - The whales wait for big developments such as this to pump the crap out of a coin (as we already have seen). I have no idea how high they will take it - if i did I would be a very wealthy man - but I do know that $1 per coin would be a baseline target. More likely $2 a coin.
Petr1fied

Activity: 630
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 02:56:50 PM
Last edit: September 04, 2014, 03:42:55 PM by Petr1fied

but...i cant find it ...

tyvm in advance

big love

Rudar

The PoS rate is 20% per annum but it can take as little as 8 hours before a transaction becomes eligible to stake so there is an element of compound interest too. However smaller value transactions take a lot longer to stake so you can't just take 8 hours as a given in any calculations.

It's very hard to put real a value on the number of coins that will get generated because there's no way of knowing how much of the coin is actually being staked at any one time. 30.86% of all coins are known to be in Bittrex wallets and from looking at the block explorer I've never seen a stake transaction go to a Bittrex address so it's pretty safe to assume that they're not staking those coins at all. Other major addresses don't seem to be staking either.

The best thing to do would be to look at the number of coins generated by way of proof of stake to date and use that to gauge how many coins are created per day:

Look at block 4500 on the block explorer. (The last Proof Of Work block)

Outstanding coins = 913,277.500272311

Deduct the Outstanding Coins value above from that of the current block. Using block 77600 at the time I type this:

Outstanding coins = 914,520.021033951

914,520.021033951 - 913,277.500272311 = 1242.52076164

Block 4500 was created at 04:19:17 (GMT) on 18th July 2014 and block 77600 was created at 14:24:17 (GMT) on 4th September 2014 so that's 48 days, 10 hours, 5 minutes between these blocks.

10 hours * 60 minutes * 60 seconds = 36,000 seconds
5 minutes * 60 seconds = 300 seconds
36,000 seconds + 300 seconds = 36,300 seconds

24 hours * 60 minutes * 60 seconds = 86,400 seconds

36,300 seconds / 86,400 seconds = 0.42 days (to 2 d.p.)

48 days + 0.42 days = 48.42 days

So.....

1242.52076164 / 48.42 = 25.66 coins per day (to 2 d.p.)

This daily average will likely increase if more people decide to stake instead of leaving their coins on exchanges but as it currently stands (25.66 coins per day), we wouldn't even reach 918K coins in existence by the end of this year.

KEY is a very limited resource growing at a snail's pace. If people just hold their coins instead of day trading them for short term BTC gains their value can only go up in the future.
RichardT

Activity: 391

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 04:27:12 PM
Last edit: September 04, 2014, 04:40:42 PM by RichardT

KEY is a very limited resource growing at a snail's pace. If people just hold their coins instead of day trading them for short term BTC gains their value can only go up in the future.

I completely agree with this statement.  Features are coming out at a faster pace than the relative increase in coins.  Remember, Keycoin is only about 7 weeks old!

I think BTCD is a great example of holding and maintaining value.  If anyone here has been following them, they've had 2 big pumps and they were subsequently able to maintain a large percentage of the price increase.  And they haven't even released any of their big features yet! This is all because they have a lot of people who hold and believe in the project (based on what I can gather from their forum posts).  

I think keycoin devs have demonstrated so far that they are committed to this project with their delivery on all their big promises so far (anon, keytrader, keyOS).  So just hold if you believe they will continue to deliver and price will surely increase.  Go day trade some other coin.
infinitechaos

Activity: 462

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 05:20:04 PM

I can't open the Mac wallet. I download it, double-click it, and then nothing. This happens with a lot of QT coin wallets - not just KEY. I'd love to get my KEY off Bittrex and stake it. Can anyone help?

▄▄█████████████▄▄       
     ▄███▀▀▀         ▀▀▀███▄     
   ▄███▀       ▄▄▄       ▀███▄   
  ███▀       ▄██▀██▄       ▀███ 
 ▐██▌        ██   ██        ▐██▌
 ███         ██▐█▌██         ███
▐██▌          ▀▐█▌▀          ▐██▌
▐██▌          ▄▐█▌▄          ▐██▌
  ███▄       ▀██▄██▀       ▄███ 
   ▀███▄       ▀▀▀       ▄███▀   
     ▀███▄▄           ▄▄███▀     
        ▀▀█████████████▀▀       
B I T N A T I O N
G O V E R N A N C E  2.0

Android app available now
▀█▄▄           
 ██▄▀███▄▄       
 ████▄▀████▀▄▄   
 ██████▄▀█▀█████
 █████▀▄███▄▀▀   
 ███▀▄██▀▀       
 █▀▄█▀▀         
INSTALL PANGEA
       IOS coming soon
3r197

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 06:43:16 PM

I can't open the Mac wallet. I download it, double-click it, and then nothing. This happens with a lot of QT coin wallets - not just KEY. I'd love to get my KEY off Bittrex and stake it. Can anyone help?

Yea I'm having my own issues as well... Anon transaction in wallet doesn't work, I get "Failed, code -6" error. I downloaded the KEYOS download link and can't get it to install. I have win 7 64 bit

What's up?
RichardT

Activity: 391

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 07:14:58 PM

Yea I'm having my own issues as well... Anon transaction in wallet doesn't work, I get "Failed, code -6" error. I downloaded the KEYOS download link and can't get it to install. I have win 7 64 bit

What's up?

Not sure about the wallet issues.  As for the OS, you're suppose to burn the image file onto a usb drive or a cd/dvd and boot it up from there.  I used this program for the bootable usb drive route:  http://rufus.akeo.ie/
Petr1fied

Activity: 630
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 07:43:42 PM

What's up?

The anonymous send feature in the GUI always tries to send from the default account (labelled ""). If your wallet has never received funds at an address using this label then the balance of that account will be zero hence it fails with the -6 error.

If you've received funds via a different labelled account then you need to move the coins to the default account first.

Go to Help --> Debug Window, click on the Console tab and type listaccounts and you'll get a list of accounts and their balances. You can then use the move RPC command to move your coins to the default account:

Code:
move SomeOtherAccount "" amount

Replace SomeOtherAccount with an account with a positive balance.

I have mentioned this issue in the old thread but as of yet nobody on the dev team has addressed it.
3r197

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 07:50:36 PM

What's up?

Not sure about the wallet issues.  As for the OS, you're suppose to burn the image file onto a usb drive or a cd/dvd and boot it up from there.  I used this program for the bootable usb drive route:  http://rufus.akeo.ie/

Okay. Working on that now. Thanks for letting me know. I'm just a noob to this technology, but as the dev's said from day one, they want to create anon easy for everyone. I will keep you updated on the progress.
I have high hopes for this coin  Wink
3r197

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 07:58:29 PM

What's up?

The anonymous send feature in the GUI always tries to send from the default account (labelled ""). If your wallet has never received funds at an address using this label then the balance of that account will be zero hence it fails with the -6 error.

If you've received funds via a different labelled account then you need to move the coins to the default account first.

Go to Help --> Debug Window, click on the Console tab and type listaccounts and you'll get a list of accounts and their balances. You can then use the move RPC command to move your coins to the default account:

Code:

I have mentioned this issue in the old thread but as of yet nobody on the dev team has addressed it.

Okay. Thanks so much for the info. I did try researching the old thread and noticed your name came up on the subject. So thanks for responding, and glad to see you back. Again, I'm just a noob with minimal comp. science tech saavy mindset.
I tried typing into the console 'listaccounts' and got this response:  Accounting API is deprecated and will be removed in future.
It can easily result in negative or odd balances if misused or misunderstood, which has happened in the field.
If you still want to enable it, add to your config file enableaccounts=1
(code -1)

Again forgive my Noobness. And thanks for any help
keycoin (OP)

Activity: 140

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 08:57:52 PM

What's up?

Code:

Okay. Thanks so much for the info. I did try researching the old thread and noticed your name came up on the subject. So thanks for responding, and glad to see you back. Again, I'm just a noob with minimal comp. science tech saavy mindset.
I tried typing into the console 'listaccounts' and got this response:  Accounting API is deprecated and will be removed in future.
It can easily result in negative or odd balances if misused or misunderstood, which has happened in the field.
If you still want to enable it, add to your config file enableaccounts=1
(code -1)

Again forgive my Noobness. And thanks for any help

Sorry you are having difficulties with anonymous transactions! Please check the guide posted at http://keycoincrypto.com/index.php/guides/61-sending-anonymous-transactions-using-the-keycoin-wallet-gui and let us know if there are further issues. This method was just tested successfully from a wallet with no funds currently tied to the address labeled "anon" but we are happy to help if you still have trouble.

A sample keycoin.conf file can also be found at http://keycoincrypto.com/index.php/guides/62-creating-and-saving-keycoin-conf-windows-os.

Thank you to the community for helping each other out!
infinitechaos

Activity: 462

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 09:50:39 PM

Sorry you are having difficulties with anonymous transactions! Please check the guide posted at http://keycoincrypto.com/index.php/guides/61-sending-anonymous-transactions-using-the-keycoin-wallet-gui and let us know if there are further issues. This method was just tested successfully from a wallet with no funds currently tied to the address labeled "anon" but we are happy to help if you still have trouble.

A sample keycoin.conf file can also be found at http://keycoincrypto.com/index.php/guides/62-creating-and-saving-keycoin-conf-windows-os.

Hey, dev, why might it be that I can't launch the wallet on my Mac? It's a bug I've had with several coins' clients, but not all of them. The icon goes through its animation like it's going to launch, but it never does. If you could help me figure this out so that I can stake my KEY, it'd be much appreciated.

▄▄█████████████▄▄       
     ▄███▀▀▀         ▀▀▀███▄     
   ▄███▀       ▄▄▄       ▀███▄   
  ███▀       ▄██▀██▄       ▀███ 
▐██▌          ▀▐█▌▀          ▐██▌
▐██▌          ▄▐█▌▄          ▐██▌
  ███▄       ▀██▄██▀       ▄███ 
   ▀███▄       ▀▀▀       ▄███▀   
     ▀███▄▄           ▄▄███▀     
        ▀▀█████████████▀▀       
B I T N A T I O N
G O V E R N A N C E  2.0

Android app available now
▀█▄▄           
 ██▄▀███▄▄       
 ████▄▀████▀▄▄   
 ██████▄▀█▀█████
 █████▀▄███▄▀▀   
 ███▀▄██▀▀       
 █▀▄█▀▀         
INSTALL PANGEA
       IOS coming soon
yetiripper

Activity: 250

The Future Of Work

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 10:21:10 PM

Hey, dev, why might it be that I can't launch the wallet on my Mac? It's a bug I've had with several coins' clients, but not all of them. The icon goes through its animation like it's going to launch, but it never does. If you could help me figure this out so that I can stake my KEY, it'd be much appreciated.

Within the KeyCoin folder there's a file called "debug.log".  Maybe check that to see what the problem is.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: