Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 08:06:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [KEY] KeyCoin | Fair Launch | 10/24 Update: KeyTrader v2 - Windows + Mac  (Read 100808 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
RichardT

Activity: 391
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 10:49:27 PM

Sorry you are having difficulties with anonymous transactions! Please check the guide posted at http://keycoincrypto.com/index.php/guides/61-sending-anonymous-transactions-using-the-keycoin-wallet-gui and let us know if there are further issues. This method was just tested successfully from a wallet with no funds currently tied to the address labeled "anon" but we are happy to help if you still have trouble.

A sample keycoin.conf file can also be found at http://keycoincrypto.com/index.php/guides/62-creating-and-saving-keycoin-conf-windows-os.

Thank you to the community for helping each other out!

Maybe about time the website gets updated with new content and guides for KeyOS, KeyTrader, etc.?

Seems like some of the Keycoin features are getting recognition from more and more people, even those who are not so tech oriented.  I'd say that's pretty good news.
infinitechaos

Activity: 462

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 10:59:13 PM

Within the KeyCoin folder there's a file called "debug.log".  Maybe check that to see what the problem is.

There is no Keycoin folder because in order for there to be one I have to be able to launch the .app and that is where the problem lies.

▄▄█████████████▄▄       
     ▄███▀▀▀         ▀▀▀███▄     
   ▄███▀       ▄▄▄       ▀███▄   
  ███▀       ▄██▀██▄       ▀███ 
 ▐██▌        ██   ██        ▐██▌
 ███         ██▐█▌██         ███
▐██▌          ▀▐█▌▀          ▐██▌
▐██▌          ▄▐█▌▄          ▐██▌
  ███▄       ▀██▄██▀       ▄███ 
   ▀███▄       ▀▀▀       ▄███▀   
     ▀███▄▄           ▄▄███▀     
        ▀▀█████████████▀▀       
B I T N A T I O N
G O V E R N A N C E  2.0

Android app available now
▀█▄▄           
 ██▄▀███▄▄       
 ████▄▀████▀▄▄   
 ██████▄▀█▀█████
 █████▀▄███▄▀▀   
 ███▀▄██▀▀       
 █▀▄█▀▀         
INSTALL PANGEA
       IOS coming soon
yetiripper

Activity: 250
Merit: 100

The Future Of Work

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 11:10:33 PM

Within the KeyCoin folder there's a file called "debug.log".  Maybe check that to see what the problem is.

There is no Keycoin folder because in order for there to be one I have to be able to launch the .app and that is where the problem lies.

Have you tried launching it from the command line?
infinitechaos

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 11:16:27 PM

This is what it says at the terminal:

Last login: Thu Sep  4 18:13:59 on ttys000
MacBook-Air:~ user$ /Users/user/Desktop/Crypto\ Wallets/KeyCoin-Qt.app/Contents/MacOS/KeyCoin-Qt ; exit;
-bash: /Users/user/Desktop/Crypto Wallets/KeyCoin-Qt.app/Contents/MacOS/KeyCoin-Qt: Operation not permitted
logout

[Process completed]

▄▄█████████████▄▄       
     ▄███▀▀▀         ▀▀▀███▄     
     ▀███▄▄           ▄▄███▀     
        ▀▀█████████████▀▀       
B I T N A T I O N
G O V E R N A N C E  2.0

▀█▄▄           
 ██▄▀███▄▄       
 ████▄▀████▀▄▄   
 ██████▄▀█▀█████
 █████▀▄███▄▀▀   
 ███▀▄██▀▀       
 █▀▄█▀▀         
INSTALL PANGEA
       IOS coming soon
yetiripper

The Future Of Work

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 11:32:56 PM

This is what it says at the terminal:

Last login: Thu Sep  4 18:13:59 on ttys000
MacBook-Air:~ user$ /Users/user/Desktop/Crypto\ Wallets/KeyCoin-Qt.app/Contents/MacOS/KeyCoin-Qt ; exit;
-bash: /Users/user/Desktop/Crypto Wallets/KeyCoin-Qt.app/Contents/MacOS/KeyCoin-Qt: Operation not permitted
logout

[Process completed]

That seems like a permissions thing.

edit:  if you're willing to take the risk you can try running it as sudo to see if that works
infinitechaos

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 12:18:20 AM

edit:  if you're willing to take the risk you can try running it as sudo to see if that works

I am not familiar enough with sudo to use it. Plus, I'm not sure it would help anyway. I have access to the root directory with my administrator account on my Mac. Thanks for the suggestions.

▄▄█████████████▄▄       
     ▄███▀▀▀         ▀▀▀███▄     
     ▀███▄▄           ▄▄███▀     
        ▀▀█████████████▀▀       
B I T N A T I O N
G O V E R N A N C E  2.0

▀█▄▄           
 ██▄▀███▄▄       
 ████▄▀████▀▄▄   
 ██████▄▀█▀█████
 █████▀▄███▄▀▀   
 ███▀▄██▀▀       
 █▀▄█▀▀         
INSTALL PANGEA
       IOS coming soon
yetiripper

The Future Of Work

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 12:20:50 AM

I am not familiar enough with sudo to use it. Plus, I'm not sure it would help anyway. I have access to the root directory with my administrator account on my Mac. Thanks for the suggestions.

No problem.  I'm out of ideas though.
keycoin (OP)

Activity: 140

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 12:28:52 AM

To use sudo, you would just launch the application from terminal using the same command with sudo before it.

Someone is trying to reproduce your issue, but perhaps it is an issue with launch services.  See here: http://www.cnet.com/news/tackling-a-newly-installed-application-not-opening-in-os-x/

Once you have confirmed the problem is with the launch services, check the location of the program file and determine if it is on a read-only medium, since this will prevent the system from modifying the program's quarantine flag.

the next step is to try removing the quarantine flag manually. To do this, open the Terminal and type the following command followed by a single space (do not press enter yet):

xattr -d com.apple.quarantine

Then locate the application file and drag it to the Terminal window, which should complete the full path to the application. Pressing enter after doing this will remove the quarantine flag from the program and hopefully allow it to run properly.

The final option you can try if programs still do not open is to disable the quarantine service altogether. While the quarantine option is useful and is recommended to keep working, if you are aware of the programs and files you download from the Internet (what they are, and where they came from), then you do not need to have the system warn you about them and can turn off quarantining. To do this, again open the Terminal, followed by running the following command:

defaults write com.apple.LaunchServices LSQuarantine -bool NO

After this command is run, the system will no longer check the quarantine flag and should allow the programs to execute. Do keep in mind this will also turn off a security measure of the system, so only do this if you know you are aware of the programs you download and run (where they came from, and what they are).
infinitechaos

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 01:00:56 AM

Thanks, dev, but I tried all that and none of it worked. I do think it is an issue with launch services though. I tried to run it from the terminal again and the error is this:

MacBook-Air:~ user$ open /Users/user/Desktop/Crypto\ Wallets/KeyCoin-Qt.app
LSOpenURLsWithRole() failed with error -10810 for the file /Users/user/Desktop/Crypto Wallets/KeyCoin-Qt.app.

I am in the midst of googling for this error to see if I can find a fix. Thanks for your help thus far. If you'd like to continue offering assistance, feel free to PM if you don't want to clog up the thread with this.

▄▄█████████████▄▄       
     ▄███▀▀▀         ▀▀▀███▄     
     ▀███▄▄           ▄▄███▀     
        ▀▀█████████████▀▀       
B I T N A T I O N
G O V E R N A N C E  2.0

▀█▄▄           
 ██▄▀███▄▄       
 ████▄▀████▀▄▄   
 ██████▄▀█▀█████
 █████▀▄███▄▀▀   
 ███▀▄██▀▀       
 █▀▄█▀▀         
INSTALL PANGEA
       IOS coming soon
yetiripper

The Future Of Work

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 01:24:24 AM

Thanks, dev, but I tried all that and none of it worked. I do think it is an issue with launch services though. I tried to run it from the terminal again and the error is this:

MacBook-Air:~ user$ open /Users/user/Desktop/Crypto\ Wallets/KeyCoin-Qt.app
LSOpenURLsWithRole() failed with error -10810 for the file /Users/user/Desktop/Crypto Wallets/KeyCoin-Qt.app.

I am in the midst of googling for this error to see if I can find a fix. Thanks for your help thus far. If you'd like to continue offering assistance, feel free to PM if you don't want to clog up the thread with this.

The process table could be filled up?
http://www.thexlab.com/faqs/error-10810.html
infinitechaos

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 02:07:08 AM

The process table could be filled up?
http://www.thexlab.com/faqs/error-10810.html

Wow, that was quite the read.

I am trying to digest it all. I have found that I am capable of running 766 processes, but I only have 166 running. This would suggest that maybe my process table isn't full. Perhaps this is a different error -10810 that I am getting.

Thanks for digging that up for me, yetiripper. I'm going to keep reading through it to see if I can find something that'll help me.

▄▄█████████████▄▄       
     ▄███▀▀▀         ▀▀▀███▄     
     ▀███▄▄           ▄▄███▀     
        ▀▀█████████████▀▀       
B I T N A T I O N
G O V E R N A N C E  2.0

▀█▄▄           
 ██▄▀███▄▄       
 ████▄▀████▀▄▄   
 ██████▄▀█▀█████
 █████▀▄███▄▀▀   
 ███▀▄██▀▀       
 █▀▄█▀▀         
INSTALL PANGEA
       IOS coming soon
jackfruit

Activity: 416

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 03:09:22 AM

Hi dev,  what happened with the keytrader file? I saw an updated file in the link in the ann post yesterday, but its not there now. How can i get keytrader?
keycoin (OP)

Activity: 140

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 03:20:14 AM

Hi dev,  what happened with the keytrader file? I saw an updated file in the link in the ann post yesterday, but its not there now. How can i get keytrader?

The KeyTrader update has not been released yet, the link posted by others in the thread was a password-protected file for internal testing. Changes to that file have already been made, and the link will be posted from this account once a release is available to the public.
HoldTheLine

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 03:24:28 AM

So stealthcoin has been pumped to fuck over 48 hours - 700% increase!

Makes me even more confident that 200K+ is on the horizon for Key. One of the few coins that have been dumped and not bounced back over the past 48 hours. Whales are accumulating - suckers are getting fleeced.
defier

Activity: 197

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 03:59:28 AM

It is Sept 4th, 6 weeks after I told pr0m, on the original KEY ANN, I would apologize if KEY hadn't been dumped and left with a history similar to crypt. 
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=695457.msg8010301;topicseen#msg8010301

For all the holders, I really like the KEY OS idea and several other features, and was hoping I would have to eat some crow.  But I know some people are holding from 300k.  And I am sorry for you. 

But pr0m, with KEY sitting here @ 30k...

GL KEY, Sincerely.  I thinks this is one of the undervalued, good coins.
RichardT

Activity: 391

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 04:52:00 AM

It is Sept 4th, 6 weeks after I told pr0m, on the original KEY ANN, I would apologize if KEY hadn't been dumped and left with a history similar to crypt.  

For all the holders, I really like the KEY OS idea and several other features, and was hoping I would have to eat some crow.  But I know some people are holding from 300k.  And I am sorry for you.  

GL KEY, Sincerely.  I thinks this is one of the undervalued, good coins.

Nice to see you keep your promise and come back.  I agree with you about Key being a good coin and prices being somewhat terrible for what it is.  But who is to blame for this? Maybe all the damn pump and dumpers on twitter hyping everything up like they always do?  I don't know.  It is rather annoying to see such a good coin at this low of a price.  It certainly raises some concerns that I hope will somehow be addressed if Keycoin were hoping to achieve and maintain a higher market cap.
leolegend

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 06:07:41 AM

For all the holders, I really like the KEY OS idea and several other features, and was hoping I would have to eat some crow.  But I know some people are holding from 300k.  And I am sorry for you.  

GL KEY, Sincerely.  I thinks this is one of the undervalued, good coins.

Nice to see you keep your promise and come back.  I agree with you about Key being a good coin and prices being somewhat terrible for what it is.  But who is to blame for this? Maybe all the damn pump and dumpers on twitter hyping everything up like they always do?  I don't know.  It is rather annoying to see such a good coin at this low of a price.  It certainly raises some concerns that I hope will somehow be addressed if Keycoin were hoping to achieve and maintain a higher market cap.

One way to truly maintain the high market cap is to actually sell some USB/softwares developed by the team for btc and share the profit with holders with a minimum of about 500 keycoins
novirudarzg

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 07:35:38 AM

hello guy...sorry if i ask too much Cheesy

but...i cant find it ...

so do we have maximum coins number .. or we use some calculating ..like every year +20%...

im good at math ... but cant figure that out..

just want to know how much coins could next year mint with pos

tyvm in advance

big love

Rudar

The PoS rate is 20% per annum but it can take as little as 8 hours before a transaction becomes eligible to stake so there is an element of compound interest too. However smaller value transactions take a lot longer to stake so you can't just take 8 hours as a given in any calculations.

It's very hard to put real a value on the number of coins that will get generated because there's no way of knowing how much of the coin is actually being staked at any one time. 30.86% of all coins are known to be in Bittrex wallets and from looking at the block explorer I've never seen a stake transaction go to a Bittrex address so it's pretty safe to assume that they're not staking those coins at all. Other major addresses don't seem to be staking either.

The best thing to do would be to look at the number of coins generated by way of proof of stake to date and use that to gauge how many coins are created per day:

Look at block 4500 on the block explorer. (The last Proof Of Work block)

Outstanding coins = 913,277.500272311

Deduct the Outstanding Coins value above from that of the current block. Using block 77600 at the time I type this:

Outstanding coins = 914,520.021033951

914,520.021033951 - 913,277.500272311 = 1242.52076164

Block 4500 was created at 04:19:17 (GMT) on 18th July 2014 and block 77600 was created at 14:24:17 (GMT) on 4th September 2014 so that's 48 days, 10 hours, 5 minutes between these blocks.

10 hours * 60 minutes * 60 seconds = 36,000 seconds
5 minutes * 60 seconds = 300 seconds
36,000 seconds + 300 seconds = 36,300 seconds

24 hours * 60 minutes * 60 seconds = 86,400 seconds

36,300 seconds / 86,400 seconds = 0.42 days (to 2 d.p.)

48 days + 0.42 days = 48.42 days

So.....

1242.52076164 / 48.42 = 25.66 coins per day (to 2 d.p.)

This daily average will likely increase if more people decide to stake instead of leaving their coins on exchanges but as it currently stands (25.66 coins per day), we wouldn't even reach 918K coins in existence by the end of this year.

KEY is a very limited resource growing at a snail's pace. If people just hold their coins instead of day trading them for short term BTC gains their value can only go up in the future.

hey man... thanks a lot ... that helped so much ...
i just cant stop buying this wonderful coin...im holding... staking ... ill spread some coins on market when it hits next value rise

cheers to RichardT too for commenting
3r197

Activity: 732
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 11:56:08 AM

I can't open the Mac wallet. I download it, double-click it, and then nothing. This happens with a lot of QT coin wallets - not just KEY. I'd love to get my KEY off Bittrex and stake it. Can anyone help?

Yea I'm having my own issues as well... Anon transaction in wallet doesn't work, I get "Failed, code -6" error. I downloaded the KEYOS download link and can't get it to install. I have win 7 64 bit

What's up?

The anonymous send feature in the GUI always tries to send from the default account (labelled ""). If your wallet has never received funds at an address using this label then the balance of that account will be zero hence it fails with the -6 error.

If you've received funds via a different labelled account then you need to move the coins to the default account first.

Go to Help --> Debug Window, click on the Console tab and type listaccounts and you'll get a list of accounts and their balances. You can then use the move RPC command to move your coins to the default account:

Code:
move SomeOtherAccount "" amount

Replace SomeOtherAccount with an account with a positive balance.

I have mentioned this issue in the old thread but as of yet nobody on the dev team has addressed it.

Okay. Thanks so much for the info. I did try researching the old thread and noticed your name came up on the subject. So thanks for responding, and glad to see you back. Again, I'm just a noob with minimal comp. science tech saavy mindset.
I tried typing into the console 'listaccounts' and got this response:  Accounting API is deprecated and will be removed in future.
It can easily result in negative or odd balances if misused or misunderstood, which has happened in the field.
If you still want to enable it, add to your config file enableaccounts=1
(code -1)

Again forgive my Noobness. And thanks for any help

Sorry you are having difficulties with anonymous transactions! Please check the guide posted at http://keycoincrypto.com/index.php/guides/61-sending-anonymous-transactions-using-the-keycoin-wallet-gui and let us know if there are further issues. This method was just tested successfully from a wallet with no funds currently tied to the address labeled "anon" but we are happy to help if you still have trouble.

A sample keycoin.conf file can also be found at http://keycoincrypto.com/index.php/guides/62-creating-and-saving-keycoin-conf-windows-os.

Thank you to the community for helping each other out!

Thanks for the link. It works like a champ now. I appreciate all the help! I'll get back to working on the USB KEYOS system as soon as I have a chance this weekend  Grin
3r197

Activity: 732
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 12:24:16 PM

I have one other concern that's been bugging me. I noticed that the KEYOS download link is through XC?:  http://downloads.xc-official.com/atcsecure/KEYOS_PROJECT/
Am I gonna wake up one day and find that there's going to be a copy and paste XCOS? Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to hear about Dan Metcalf's involvement with the project, but point I'm getting at is... is this KEYOS exclusively for Keycoin or is it something where we will see other coins copy and paste it and utilize it themselves. I'd think that the dev's for KeyCoin would want all their hard work secure and locked away for the sake of the value of the coin.

I'd like to see this coin as a commodity - kind of hard not to be with 914,000 coins. A 'gentlemans & lady's club' commodity coin - so to speak - where holders get the use of multiple features per amount of coin they hold and stake. Like Traderbot "standard", Traderbot "advanced" or Traderbot "premium - and likewise with KeyOS, different levels of coin holding unlock different and exclusive features. Dev's could also set up a stake system where a percentage of the coins minted go to funding the dev's new developments. And And of course don't forget a custom USB stick for sale via crypto or fiat.

Am I on the same page as the rest of you guys or am I off the deep end... Thoughts?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: