Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:48:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [KEY] KeyCoin | Fair Launch | 10/24 Update: KeyTrader v2 - Windows + Mac  (Read 100801 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
RichardT

Activity: 391
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 01:12:07 PM

I have one other concern that's been bugging me. I noticed that the KEYOS download link is through XC?:  http://downloads.xc-official.com/atcsecure/KEYOS_PROJECT/
Am I gonna wake up one day and find that there's going to be a copy and paste XCOS? Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to hear about Dan Metcalf's involvement with the project, but point I'm getting at is... is this KEYOS exclusively for Keycoin or is it something where we will see other coins copy and paste it and utilize it themselves. I'd think that the dev's for KeyCoin would want all their hard work secure and locked away for the sake of the value of the coin.

I'd like to see this coin as a commodity - kind of hard not to be with 914,000 coins. A 'gentlemans & lady's club' commodity coin - so to speak - where holders get the use of multiple features per amount of coin they hold and stake. Like Traderbot "standard", Traderbot "advanced" or Traderbot "premium - and likewise with KeyOS, different levels of coin holding unlock different and exclusive features. Dev's could also set up a stake system where a percentage of the coins minted go to funding the dev's new developments. And And of course don't forget a custom USB stick for sale via crypto or fiat.

Am I on the same page as the rest of you guys or am I off the deep end... Thoughts?

Well, KeyOS is largely based on the TAILS OS, which is open source.  So the resources have already been there for anyone out there with the knowledge to recreate something similar to KeyOS for their own coin.  It's just that Keycoin happens to be the first to do it.  I think there were a couple coins in the past that had plans to do it but never followed through.  Ultimately, it will be the apps/tools that will set keycoin apart.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
infinitechaos

Activity: 462

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 02:15:19 PM
Last edit: September 05, 2014, 02:36:43 PM by infinitechaos

I have one other concern that's been bugging me. I noticed that the KEYOS download link is through XC?:  http://downloads.xc-official.com/atcsecure/KEYOS_PROJECT/
Am I gonna wake up one day and find that there's going to be a copy and paste XCOS? Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to hear about Dan Metcalf's involvement with the project, but point I'm getting at is... is this KEYOS exclusively for Keycoin or is it something where we will see other coins copy and paste it and utilize it themselves. I'd think that the dev's for KeyCoin would want all their hard work secure and locked away for the sake of the value of the coin.

I'd like to see this coin as a commodity - kind of hard not to be with 914,000 coins. A 'gentlemans & lady's club' commodity coin - so to speak - where holders get the use of multiple features per amount of coin they hold and stake. Like Traderbot "standard", Traderbot "advanced" or Traderbot "premium - and likewise with KeyOS, different levels of coin holding unlock different and exclusive features. Dev's could also set up a stake system where a percentage of the coins minted go to funding the dev's new developments. And And of course don't forget a custom USB stick for sale via crypto or fiat.

Am I on the same page as the rest of you guys or am I off the deep end... Thoughts?

Dan developed his own bootable OS for XC almost two months ago, well before KEYOS. It was released by him to the XC community as the XC TorStick .ISO:

http://downloads.xc-official.com/release/xc-torstick/XCurrency_livecd_X86_v2.47h.iso

This, I'm sure, is precisely why the KEY team came to Dan for his expertise.

In fact, I wouldn't be here holding any KEY if it weren't for Dan's involvement with KEYOS.

▄▄█████████████▄▄       
     ▄███▀▀▀         ▀▀▀███▄     
   ▄███▀       ▄▄▄       ▀███▄   
  ███▀       ▄██▀██▄       ▀███ 
 ▐██▌        ██   ██        ▐██▌
 ███         ██▐█▌██         ███
▐██▌          ▀▐█▌▀          ▐██▌
▐██▌          ▄▐█▌▄          ▐██▌
  ███▄       ▀██▄██▀       ▄███ 
   ▀███▄       ▀▀▀       ▄███▀   
     ▀███▄▄           ▄▄███▀     
        ▀▀█████████████▀▀       
B I T N A T I O N
G O V E R N A N C E  2.0

Android app available now
▀█▄▄           
 ██▄▀███▄▄       
 ████▄▀████▀▄▄   
 ██████▄▀█▀█████
 █████▀▄███▄▀▀   
 ███▀▄██▀▀       
 █▀▄█▀▀         
INSTALL PANGEA
       IOS coming soon
RichardT

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 03:41:23 PM

Dan developed his own bootable OS for XC almost two months ago, well before KEYOS. It was released by him to the XC community as the XC TorStick .ISO:

http://downloads.xc-official.com/release/xc-torstick/XCurrency_livecd_X86_v2.47h.iso

In fact, I wouldn't be here holding any KEY if it weren't for Dan's involvement with KEYOS.

That's interesting, I did not know that.  Definitely a good thing to have someone with experience in it to help with the development.

Did you happen to find the solution to your wallet problem yet?
infinitechaos

Activity: 462

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 04:15:16 PM
Last edit: September 05, 2014, 04:34:44 PM by infinitechaos

That's interesting, I did not know that.  Definitely a good thing to have someone with experience in it to help with the development.

I did not find a solution yet. I kind of gave up, at least for the time being. It's a bummer, I'm missing out on staking.  Sad

Personally, I think it's an issue with the wallet package and I say this because some time ago I had this issue with VOOT's wallet and MsCollec recompiled the wallet for me with a new permissions/execution flag and it launched thereafter. Kind of like what this guy is talking about here:

http://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/81330/downloaded-apps-does-not-start-error-10658

I tried the chmod +x command like he suggests there, but it still didn't help so maybe there's more to it.

The mystery continues...

▄▄█████████████▄▄       
     ▄███▀▀▀         ▀▀▀███▄     
   ▄███▀       ▄▄▄       ▀███▄   
  ███▀       ▄██▀██▄       ▀███ 
▐██▌          ▀▐█▌▀          ▐██▌
▐██▌          ▄▐█▌▄          ▐██▌
  ███▄       ▀██▄██▀       ▄███ 
   ▀███▄       ▀▀▀       ▄███▀   
     ▀███▄▄           ▄▄███▀     
        ▀▀█████████████▀▀       
B I T N A T I O N
G O V E R N A N C E  2.0

Android app available now
▀█▄▄           
 ██▄▀███▄▄       
 ████▄▀████▀▄▄   
 ██████▄▀█▀█████
 █████▀▄███▄▀▀   
 ███▀▄██▀▀       
 █▀▄█▀▀         
INSTALL PANGEA
       IOS coming soon
yetiripper

Activity: 250
Merit: 100

The Future Of Work

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 06:59:49 PM

That's interesting, I did not know that.  Definitely a good thing to have someone with experience in it to help with the development.

I did not find a solution yet. I kind of gave up, at least for the time being. It's a bummer, I'm missing out on staking.  Sad

Personally, I think it's an issue with the wallet package and I say this because some time ago I had this issue with VOOT's wallet and MsCollec recompiled the wallet for me with a new permissions/execution flag and it launched thereafter. Kind of like what this guy is talking about here:

http://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/81330/downloaded-apps-does-not-start-error-10658

I tried the chmod +x command like he suggests there, but it still didn't help so maybe there's more to it.

The mystery continues...

Sent you a PM.
Chris001

Activity: 448

electroneum.com

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 07:04:25 PM

Yes, people keep forgeting this. This in no regular joe dev that just came on board.

Just don't fall for the oldest trick in the book and sell your coin low and rebuy expecting the moon once it rises, only to see a correction and lose again. This is the mistake that gives all the smart investors a lot of their gains.

Be smart. Watch the facts, try to read between the lines a bit. Follow a winning pattern instead of a losing one.

And ignore FUD that is based on ZERO fact posted by someone who probably registered since my last post lol

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=186785
Here is the link to my trust settings here on forum. This trust system is very unfair. I make good on every deal Ive ever made. I had many, many deals as you can see and I never scammed anyone. All it takes is a random account to give you negative trust and youre screwed. Tomatocage has never even talked to me ever but when the random acct hit me with negative trust, Tomatocage came right behind him and marked neg trust again so obviously he was the one who did it. You can look at Tomatocage trust and see how many of his compeditors at the currency exchange thread he labeled scammers. I never scammed anyone. My trust was green over 20 before this. I hope it never happens to you because the mods cant help you.
yetiripper

Activity: 250

The Future Of Work

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 08:51:23 PM

F = kx
HoldTheLine

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 09:10:13 PM

If the Stealth Pump was anything to go by we should expect KEY to hit 200K on its next 'boom'.
teamlottowin

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2014, 11:02:04 PM

If the Stealth Pump was anything to go by we should expect KEY to hit 200K on its next 'boom'.

LULz

Buy Adidas with Crypto: https://shop.moolah.io/Buzz
Hel

Activity: 78

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 06:22:23 PM

really liking these prices!
HoldTheLine

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 02:51:37 AM

Yep - tried to tell holders - everyone is just waiting to see how low it would fall before it leveled out. Now they know Smiley

200K for the next peak.
leolegend

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 03:43:03 AM

Yep - tried to tell holders - everyone is just waiting to see how low it would fall before it leveled out. Now they know Smiley

200K for the next peak.

The dump of Key was people cashing out to buy Hal and Stealth. Now both pumps are cooling down... There's no reason for Key to stay sub 10k....if a pump similar to stealth happens...we'd see 30k if Devs release KeyTrader in the next few days...only ~7k keys left below 6k sat..Buy now or regret later!!!
Petr1fied

Activity: 630
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 05:17:37 AM

200K for the next peak.

The dump of Key was people cashing out to buy Hal and Stealth. Now both pumps are cooling down... There's no reason for Key to stay sub 10k....if a pump similar to stealth happens...we'd see 30k if Devs release KeyTrader in the next few days...only ~7k keys left below 6k sat..Buy now or regret later!!!

KEY isn't sub 10K, the last time it was sub 10K was 15 days ago. It's currently hovering around 40K.
darylluke

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 06:59:42 AM

I went all in at the wrong time. I just had to buy all I could when I first found this coin.I sold ALL my BTCD (which was at $2.40/coin) and put 70% into this coin, 30% into CLD. So, I got DOUBLE-whammied! BTCD took off after I sold those, these two coins dumped as much as 90% after I bought them. But, as they say, it is not a loss if you don't sell lower than entry point. So, I patiently wait for investors to discover this coin.
HOLD. HOLD. HOLD. ~darylluke.
HoldTheLine

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 09:42:18 AM

I went all in at the wrong time. I just had to buy all I could when I first found this coin.I sold ALL my BTCD (which was at $2.40/coin) and put 70% into this coin, 30% into CLD. So, I got DOUBLE-whammied! BTCD took off after I sold those, these two coins dumped as much as 90% after I bought them. But, as they say, it is not a loss if you don't sell lower than entry point. So, I patiently wait for investors to discover this coin.
HOLD. HOLD. HOLD. ~darylluke.

I hear you bro. I also am holding only KEY, CLD and just for the trader features Quatloo.

Would be out about $2000 USD if I sold now.

I've been around long enough to know that these pumps come in cycles, people buy the pumped coin while dumping whatever they happen to be holding - regardless of how much better that coin may be.

I put both CLD and KEY into cold storage and am going to leave it alone until my price alarm goes off at 100K for KEY and 30K for CLD.

It sounds cliche but it really is just a matter of 'time' - you have to ride the waves that the devs and the whales provide - they will release something new and amazing eventually - sometimes it takes weeks or months but eventually you get a nice 400%+ pump - enough time to sell and get back your original investment and keep the rest long term.

Bag holding is only a bad thing when the coin is dead.
RichardT

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 02:30:56 PM

In case anyone has been out of the loop, it looks like Dan Metcalf plans to release his code review for both Halcyon and Stealthcoin today.  This is not only good news for those coins, but also very good news for Key.  Dan is now considered a part of the key dev team (he manages the KeyOS) and Key also happens to be the first coin (that I know of) that he code reviewed.  As his reputation grows in the community, so will the reputation of Keycoin (and obviously his own coin, XC).  These are exciting times.

3r197

Activity: 732
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 10:48:40 PM

Keycoin = 20% POS interest!!!!!!!
Need I say more!!!

Oh wait.... you can always go back to those 1-4% POS coins anytime you want! Grin They claim you'll score big on compound interest!! Shocked
Some of them even have a multipool shit system intact so you can continue to make a loss due to your electric bill!!

Keycoin is a no brainer!!

novirudarzg

Activity: 104

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 08:09:24 AM

Need I say more!!!

Oh wait.... you can always go back to those 1-4% POS coins anytime you want! Grin They claim you'll score big on compound interest!! Shocked
Some of them even have a multipool shit system intact so you can continue to make a loss due to your electric bill!!

hey bro (or anyone else known with this)

can you pls inform me .. 20% POS means ..like for example: if i send 2000 coins to my wallet and unlock for staking only, they will produce (20%) arround 400 keycoins after one year?... .. or there is a faster scheme for staking? is it bigger amount you stake -> reward from pos comes faster??

i just want to know what is most profitable way to stake and most valuable for network on one example like 100 coins or 1000 coins or else..

tyvm in advance

Rudar
teamlottowin

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2014, 08:57:39 AM

Need I say more!!!

good bit of info there, thanx

Buy Adidas with Crypto: https://shop.moolah.io/Buzz
chisefu

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 09:36:31 AM

One thing to keep in mind, the 20% PoS is compounded on itself.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: