Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 05:14:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [KEY] KeyCoin | Fair Launch | 10/24 Update: KeyTrader v2 - Windows + Mac  (Read 100804 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
keycoin (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 02:41:11 PM

Is keytrader out yet? I have the vm running but don see keytrader in the image.

Cheers,
Pit

We're currently doing lots of internal testing and debugging for the next build of KeyTrader (which will be cross-platform). We're trying our hardest to break it so the release is stable, then we'll go ahead and get it packaged into the KeyOS ISO.

I've also been working with a few community members to tackle an issue with OSX wallet downloads, and we have narrowed things down quite a bit. If anyone else has an issue with their OSX QT wallet, please post here! It would be great to try out a solution with another user.

I've been going around downloading a bunch of different coins' wallets for testing's sake and I'm finding that for me it's only the ones that are hosted on MEGA that have launch problems when downloaded through Safari.
That's what I've found mostly, but you did have to take some additional steps to get it working after downloading through Chrome as well, correct?

I'm running Mac 10.9.4.

It is quite common for Qt wallets to crash on 1st launch as they seek files not yet written but they usually work fine with subsequent starts. Same happened when I first started the wallet extracted from KeyCoin-Qt.zip but all seems to be in order now.

What troubles are being reported?

The issue that these users had is not the same one that you've mentioned. The trouble is that some OSX users cannot open their QT wallet at all if they have downloaded from MEGA via the Safari browser. I would say that this is the primary issue, but in one case an additional step was required even when using Chrome.

May I ask what browser you used to download the OSX wallet? It seems like an odd question, but I may have narrowed down part of the issue. There seems to be an problem with the way Safari handles the download and some permissions. If you used Safari, please backup your wallet.dat and download the file again using the Chrome browser.

Here are the steps I just ran through with another community member to solve the -10810 error on his system.

1) Download using Chrome
2) Unzip file
3) Instead of double-clicking to open, right click and select "open package contents"
4) Navigate to contents/macos - You will then see the terminal file for KeyCoin-QT
5) Click KeyCoin-QT and it should load via terminal

User infinitechaos found one more issue when following these directions, and added one additional step to solve it.

EXCEPTION: St13runtime_error      
CDB() : can't open database file , error 21      
KeyCoin in Runaway exception

After that I relaunched it while holding down the Command button, which I've heard bypasses some permissions settings in OSX, and it launched up for me at last!

I am now able to just double-click the .app to open the wallet as well.

Thanks to everyone for helping with troubleshooting, it's always great to have real-world situations to work with. I will rehost the wallet on a different server soon, but would still like to do some additional testing to confirm that we have identified the primary issue.
keycoin (OP)

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 03:01:58 PM

Ok stakers, is it best to combine all your coins at once to a wallet and let them mature to stake, or does it really matter.  Is it best to leave the wallet open 24/7 for staking, or should you only try to stake when the weight is low.  I saw someone earlier say the difficulty for staking is based on the coin age, so you can't get away with that shit, but these are questions I often ponder.

For network security, 24x7 staking is best.

The amount of attention you'd need to pay to "game" the staking system probably outweighs any benefits you'd get by doing so. For the health of the network and speedy transactions, leaving your wallet open is best. If you are not able to do so, your staked rewards will start appearing when you open your wallet again, as long as your stake weight is sufficient.
jeno81

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 04:12:15 PM

Hi guys. How long does it take for coins to become mature, and begin to stake, please? Thanks.
Petr1fied

Activity: 630
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 05:14:43 PM

Maybe try reading the last couple of pages where we discuss Proof of Stake pretty much exclusively?
dimez

Activity: 239
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 02:02:24 AM

What are the reasons such jumps in the price?

RichardT

Activity: 391

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 02:27:38 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=741728.msg8784778#msg8784778

Take from this what you want, but I am no longer supporting Keycoin.
HoldTheLine

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 03:16:44 AM

I knew there was some foul play involved here and the absence of any sort of activity from the 'devs' confirms it. These motherfuckers are all in it together. They create new coins, take tech used for coins that have already been pumped up and then miraculously deliver it in full working order for a brand new coin to pump n dump - leaving innocent folks who don't have inside knowledge out of pocket.

It's gonna take some serious convincing from the so called devs to prove otherwise.
keycoin (OP)

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 03:35:43 AM

First of all, KeyCoin's anonymous solution was not taken from Cryptcoin. I don't have any contact with the developer of that anonymous technology (I don't think anybody does). I am not associated with Halcyon either, and have neither seen their code nor spoken with the developer.

Like I have mentioned before, the next upgrade to our technology that the community will see will probably be KeyTrader. We have been debugging for cross-platform use and are very happy with the progress of our internal tests. We are not in a race to release technology, we would rather have useful and reliable products. Nevertheless, we are still working, regardless of price or rumors.

Thank you for your past support, and good luck with your future investments.
yetiripper

Activity: 250

The Future Of Work

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 03:42:55 AM

First of all, KeyCoin's anonymous solution was not taken from Cryptcoin. I don't have any contact with the developer of that anonymous technology (I don't think anybody does). I am not associated with Halcyon either, and have neither seen their code nor spoken with the developer.

Like I have mentioned before, the next upgrade to our technology that the community will see will probably be KeyTrader. We have been debugging for cross-platform use and are very happy with the progress of our internal tests. We are not in a race to release technology, we would rather have useful and reliable products. Nevertheless, we are still working, regardless of price or rumors.

KeyTrader is gonna be killer, IMO.  I admit I looked at that password protected binary earlier when it was posted, and it's legit.  The anonymity is legit too, but still.  KeyTrader!!!!  v2!
keycoin (OP)

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 03:49:40 AM

I knew there was some foul play involved here and the absence of any sort of activity from the 'devs' confirms it. These motherfuckers are all in it together. They create new coins, take tech used for coins that have already been pumped up and then miraculously deliver it in full working order for a brand new coin to pump n dump - leaving innocent folks who don't have inside knowledge out of pocket.

It's gonna take some serious convincing from the so called devs to prove otherwise.

We "so called devs" do have lives that require us to step away from computers sometimes. What foul play do you see here? The fact is that I have personally been working through bugs in KeyTrader with the dev who heads that portion of the project for at least a week. Before that, I personally worked on KeyOS for over a week, after the project had already been worked on by other team members for close to a month. I began working on OSX wallet issues in this thread with a community member, then followed up with him in PM to get additional relevant information. I took that information to other people to try to reproduce that issue, and came back to the community member with proposed solutions.

I'm sorry that you're not happy with the project, but please bring more evidence to the table if you wish to claim that there's a scam going on.

EDIT: Perhaps it would interest community members to know that I have paid two separate people for their assistance this week, both in KEY! Regardless of market price, it has enough value that people will accept it for their work, and that means a lot to me.
ZPserge

Activity: 382

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 03:52:37 AM

KeyTrader is gonna be killer, IMO.  I admit I looked at that password protected binary earlier when it was posted, and it's legit.  The anonymity is legit too, but still.  KeyTrader!!!!  v2!

you want to say KeyTrader be killer  Keycoin?

yetiripper

Activity: 250

The Future Of Work

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 03:56:49 AM

Keycoin is killer.  KeyTrader v 2.0 will be killer.  I'm not sure what you're asking (I'm drunk) but yes my main (oh look I just mined more keycoin) point was that keytrader will really set keycoin apart from the rest.
seek4dream

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 04:38:42 AM

Keycoin is killer.  KeyTrader v 2.0 will be killer.  I'm not sure what you're asking (I'm drunk) but yes my main (oh look I just mined more keycoin) point was that keytrader will really set keycoin apart from the rest.

+1. Keycoin is for both traders and investors.
infinitechaos

Activity: 462

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 06:34:55 AM

We "so called devs" do have lives that require us to step away from computers sometimes. What foul play do you see here? The fact is that I have personally been working through bugs in KeyTrader with the dev who heads that portion of the project for at least a week. Before that, I personally worked on KeyOS for over a week, after the project had already been worked on by other team members for close to a month. I began working on OSX wallet issues in this thread with a community member, then followed up with him in PM to get additional relevant information. I took that information to other people to try to reproduce that issue, and came back to the community member with proposed solutions.

I'm sorry that you're not happy with the project, but please bring more evidence to the table if you wish to claim that there's a scam going on.

EDIT: Perhaps it would interest community members to know that I have paid two separate people for their assistance this week, both in KEY! Regardless of market price, it has enough value that people will accept it for their work, and that means a lot to me.

+1

Thanks for your solid efforts...it did not go unnoticed.

▄▄█████████████▄▄       
     ▄███▀▀▀         ▀▀▀███▄     
   ▄███▀       ▄▄▄       ▀███▄   
  ███▀       ▄██▀██▄       ▀███ 
 ▐██▌        ██   ██        ▐██▌
 ███         ██▐█▌██         ███
▐██▌          ▀▐█▌▀          ▐██▌
▐██▌          ▄▐█▌▄          ▐██▌
 ███         ██▐█▌██         ███
 ▐██▌        ██   ██        ▐██▌
  ███▄       ▀██▄██▀       ▄███ 
   ▀███▄       ▀▀▀       ▄███▀   
     ▀███▄▄           ▄▄███▀     
        ▀▀█████████████▀▀       
B I T N A T I O N
G O V E R N A N C E  2.0

Android app available now
▀█▄▄           
 ██▄▀███▄▄       
 ████▄▀████▀▄▄   
 ██████▄▀█▀█████
 █████▀▄███▄▀▀   
 ███▀▄██▀▀       
 █▀▄█▀▀         
INSTALL PANGEA
       IOS coming soon
3r197

Activity: 732
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 11:35:34 AM
Last edit: September 12, 2014, 12:02:29 PM by 3r197

September 1, 2014

In collaboration with Dan Metcalf (ATC_Secure), the core developer of XCurrency, we have created the only non-TAILS operating system environment (based on lubuntu 14.04) that supports full Tor routing. This means all network traffic - not just browser traffic - is routed through the Tor network, ensuring that none of your applications reveal your online identity.

People seem to forget so fast! Wow at the FUD!! The only 2 coins I own are Key and XC. But look at the bold text above. This is why I like Key over XC. The competition is fierce out there. But we have to learn to hold onto the basics so as not to lose our mind to Fudder's. Keycoin isn't just a duplicate coin, again see bold text above!! Plus the keytrader implemented into KeyOS is going to be amazing, dare I say 20% POS reward?

Heck I don't even know how to use KeyOS yet, or build an XC Xnode. But that is the real race to glory... as in creating a user friendly system so it can be adopted by all people - not just computer science techies, and also find ways to apply any and all features to the mobile tech industry.

None of this happens over night. Meanwhile, I'll be staking away and living my normal routine, waiting for that day - a year or so from now - where I can retire and just day trade off my keycoin stake using keytrader.

Please chill out people and step away from the computer from time to time!

KJ4izZmUqbCr8mMUjAY2mtMFhFvh7jrg4f

sorrros

Activity: 954
Merit: 104

ludenaprotocol.io

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 12:25:38 PM

Keycoin, appreciate your work and your attitude; KEY has a great future Smiley

► LudenaProtocol ◄ ♦️ A Gamified Social Platform for Worldwide Gamers ♦️ ► LudenaProtocol ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Instagram|Whitepaper
popolite11

Activity: 882

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 12:50:10 PM

active dev like keycoin will take the coin to heights.
friendfromnobody

Activity: 593
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 02:52:50 PM

you still work at key , but you are the dev (cryptowest) and you was also from crypt,you play hal .
you are in proms team and you know anough about the coins .
you already work at an another coin .
so you left key and wait a couple off months .
they all come back and key is so low that you comes with a new update and a small pump will come.
thats how it works .

statdude
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 03:49:29 PM

What are the features of KeyTrader?

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███████████████████████ █
█ █████     █ ▀██████████ █
█ █████     █   ▀████████ █
█ █████  ██ █     ▀██████ █

█ █████  ▀▀ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█ █████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █████ █
█ █████             █████ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
  Website
    Twitter
      Gitlab
      Reddit
    Telegram
Whitepaper
  ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███▄    ███████▀   ▄███ █
█ ████▌    █████▀    ████ █
█ ████▌     ███▀     ████ █
█ ████▌▐█    █▀ █    ████ █
█ ████▌▐██     ██    ████ █
█ ████▌▐███   ███    ████ █
█ ███▀  ▀███ ███▀    ▀███ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
cryptowest

Activity: 437

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 03:57:01 PM

you still work at key , but you are the dev (cryptowest) and you was also from crypt,you play hal .
you are in proms team and you know anough about the coins .
you already work at an another coin .
so you left key and wait a couple off months .
they all come back and key is so low that you comes with a new update and a small pump will come.
thats how it works .

I work on many projects, as part of many different teams, many more than these three. I'm a freelancer, and I make my living assisting projects, whether it be compiling wallets, setting up pools, doing blockchain explorer, assisting with coding, coin repair, website development, graphics, connecting people to each other, and lots of other tasks. People from other coins might hire my help sometimes, or I hire their help, or outsource things. I quit my job in web design after my involvement with the Coinye West project back in january, and I've worked as a cryptocurrency-related freelancer full time and prefer to assist existing projects. Someday I wish to complete my own personal dream project and do an ICO with my real name and identity, but until I've made enough money freelancing to be comfortable, thats on the back burner.

Most coin teams are 5 to 10 people, sometimes many more are involved as devs are contracted for one task and then leave. This shouldn't come as a surprise. Coin communities may fight each other and have rivalries but we're all part of the larger cryptocurrency community.

Best of luck to all.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: