Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 09:24:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [KEY] KeyCoin | Fair Launch | 10/24 Update: KeyTrader v2 - Windows + Mac  (Read 100808 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
infinitechaos

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 04:21:12 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2014, 05:28:02 PM by infinitechaos

Shh...no news yet. I'm not done accumulating sub 20k KEY.

https://twitter.com/infinitecrypto7/status/512281856482353152

▄▄█████████████▄▄       
     ▄███▀▀▀         ▀▀▀███▄     
   ▄███▀       ▄▄▄       ▀███▄   
  ███▀       ▄██▀██▄       ▀███ 
 ▐██▌        ██   ██        ▐██▌
 ███         ██▐█▌██         ███
▐██▌          ▀▐█▌▀          ▐██▌
▐██▌          ▄▐█▌▄          ▐██▌
 ███         ██▐█▌██         ███
 ▐██▌        ██   ██        ▐██▌
  ███▄       ▀██▄██▀       ▄███ 
   ▀███▄       ▀▀▀       ▄███▀   
     ▀███▄▄           ▄▄███▀     
        ▀▀█████████████▀▀       
B I T N A T I O N
G O V E R N A N C E  2.0

Android app available now
▀█▄▄           
 ██▄▀███▄▄       
 ████▄▀████▀▄▄   
 ██████▄▀█▀█████
 █████▀▄███▄▀▀   
 ███▀▄██▀▀       
 █▀▄█▀▀         
INSTALL PANGEA
       IOS coming soon
dovaboy

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 05:27:36 PM

pardon me, i dont wanna read 30 pages of awesome. could a kind laddy please inform me of this error i just received upon installing keyQt for the first time from the link in OP downloads section for windows? thank you kindly.

http://imgur.com/zB7u3gr
yetiripper

Activity: 250
Merit: 100

The Future Of Work

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 09:50:31 PM

pardon me, i dont wanna read 30 pages of awesome. could a kind laddy please inform me of this error i just received upon installing keyQt for the first time from the link in OP downloads section for windows? thank you kindly.

http://imgur.com/zB7u3gr

I did some googling and it seems that problem is caused by level db's index getting corrupted.  You'll probably need to re-download the blockchain or import it from a different computer  Edit: probably not necessary.

Here's a procedure that someone posted, though maybe one of the devs can explain it better (obviously replace HoboNickels with KeyCoin):

#1 shutdown client
#2 remove %appdata%\HoboNickels\txleveldb folder
#3 start the client up with the following switch -loadblock=%appdata%\HoboNickels\blk0001.dat

This will re-index the level db directory.

I know there was a problem with Macs and level db becoming corrupt due to differences in how it's file handles worked. It actually took the core bitcoin dev team a while to solve. I wonder if there is something similar in win 8.1
https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/5607-qt-client-locking-up/

Edit:  back-up your wallet before doing anything!
dovaboy

Activity: 45

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 11:20:49 PM

thank you, ive decided to uninstall for fresh peace of mind and start over. no biggie. im a holder i got time for a resync. it seems to be going fine. cant wait to get OS and trader up.
yetiripper

The Future Of Work

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 11:38:58 PM

thank you, ive decided to uninstall for fresh peace of mind and start over. no biggie. im a holder i got time for a resync. it seems to be going fine. cant wait to get OS and trader up.

That's probably the best thing to do.  And yeah, I'm excited to try out KeyOS and KeyTrader as well.  I keep forgetting to get a new usb drive since mine are all in a different ciry, and I have too many distros installed already.

cheers
jeno81

Activity: 14

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 07:03:06 PM

What price are you guys holding key for in the medium and long term?
yetiripper

The Future Of Work

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 07:35:12 PM
Last edit: September 18, 2014, 09:06:22 PM by yetiripper

I'd tell you but then I'd have to kill you.

Just kidding, I don't really trade anymore so...  3.2k, 4.5k, 5.9k, infinity
yetiripper

The Future Of Work

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 08:00:50 PM

I think BTC is about to flow into alts by the truckload.
litebtc

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 08:18:06 PM

I think BTC is about to flow into alts by the truckload.

I was thinking the same here...Interesting times are coming
yetiripper

The Future Of Work

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 06:39:16 PM

I just realized there's a KeyCoin subreddit!:
http://www.reddit.com/r/KeyCoin/

Nobody has posted there for the past month, and there are <10 subscribers.  Can you guys help me bring some discussion over there?  Lots of people (understandably) don't come over here to BCT for their information, so I think it can be a great avenue to get some more exposure.
3r197

Activity: 732
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 06:53:03 PM
Last edit: September 19, 2014, 07:52:59 PM by 3r197

Moon.

My goal right now is to gain as much spare BTC off of some potential rises from other coins with current feature releases. Then use it to buy up as much Key as possible on top of my current bag.
I like seeing this current price stabilizing above 20k.
Hopefully, the dev's are anted up on their promise to implement multiple feature releases at a steady pace. Once Keytrader is finalized, they should also give an update on the potential release of finalized "basic version" of KeyOS to help keep the keytrader investors around and hold price against the day traders. Then keep em coming with new features for both KeyOS and KeyTrader.

With new features that HAVE BEEN PROVEN EXIST, total coins available, and 20% POS, it's really not that hard to realize where this coin is going. 1 mil sat is very doable. Got fingers crossed Smiley

ZPserge

Activity: 382
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 05:35:49 AM

Moon.

My goal right now is to gain as much spare BTC off of some potential rises from other coins with current feature releases. Then use it to buy up as much Key as possible on top of my current bag.
I like seeing this current price stabilizing above 20k.
Hopefully, the dev's are anted up on their promise to implement multiple feature releases at a steady pace. Once Keytrader is finalized, they should also give an update on the potential release of finalized "basic version" of KeyOS to help keep the keytrader investors around and hold price against the day traders. Then keep em coming with new features for both KeyOS and KeyTrader.

With new features that HAVE BEEN PROVEN EXIST, total coins available, and 20% POS, it's really not that hard to realize where this coin is going. 1 mil sat is very doable. Got fingers crossed Smiley

agree, now just a great price to buy Wink

Battareus

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 04:53:34 PM

1) What about keymarket?  Wink
2) I heard that the Apple is going to choose the currency for the Apple Store...
3r197

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 05:06:12 PM

So I used Rufus 1.4.10 to burn the KEYOS file onto a USB.

http://rufus.akeo.ie/
http://downloads.xc-official.com/atcsecure/KEYOS_PROJECT/

Now how do I get the USB KeyOS to load up into my computer - Windows 7 64bit OS?

3r197

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 05:10:21 PM
Last edit: September 20, 2014, 06:41:59 PM by 3r197

1) What about keymarket?  Wink
2) I heard that the Apple is going to choose the currency for the Apple Store...

I was confused about that. I thought I overheard that Apple is going to create their own payment system or something similar to a cryptocoin system? Yet how would it be decentralized?
The first thing that came to mind was why some dev's made Applecoin, I'm guessing in hopes that Apple would take it over?

yetiripper

The Future Of Work

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 05:36:10 PM

Now how do I get the USB KeyOS to load up into my computer - Windows 7 64bit OS?

Reboot your computer with the drive plugged in, then at the first screen (which probably shows your computer's brand) look for an option that says "boot options".  It's most likely the F12 key.  Actually you can probably just reboot then mash the F12 key a bunch until that BIOS screen pops up.  Select the usb drive then hit enter.

When you're done, just reboot and you'll be back in Windows.
3r197

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 06:35:19 PM

Reboot your computer with the drive plugged in, then at the first screen (which probably shows your computer's brand) look for an option that says "boot options".  It's most likely the F12 key.  Actually you can probably just reboot then mash the F12 key a bunch until that BIOS screen pops up.  Select the usb drive then hit enter.

When you're done, just reboot and you'll be back in Windows.

Awesomeness!! Thanks so much. For my UEFI BIOS I have to press F2 then I press F8 to open boot menu. Then I click on the USB and it loads up. Got to say that the graphics are amazing! Yet I'm getting an error no matter if I load up KeyOS (Live) or KeyOS (with persistance).
The same error pops up:
"A fatal error occurred. KeyCoin can no longer continue safely and will quit.
Exception: St13runtime_error
CDB():can't open databasefile.error21
Keycoin is Runaway exception"

What am I doing wrong? Sorry for my noobness to such a system. I have very little computer science savvy-ness.
Any help appreciated.

And again. WOW!!! What an amazing system!! Thanks so much Dev's. Can't wait to learn more about it!

3r197

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 06:49:43 PM

Another question to the dev's aside from KEYOS. In regards to POS. I've crunched the numbers on my daily minted coins. It's not even close to 20% interest. I'm not trying to FUD, I'm just curious.

If I tally up my total coins, calculate 20% off that, then divide that by 365 days - I'm probably about 75% short on the total amount of coins I should be minting on a daily basis and that's not including compounded minted coin interest.

Is the Coin-age system the factor?
Do I mint more coins as I reach the max 120 day Coin-age level?

3r197

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 07:01:50 PM
Last edit: September 20, 2014, 07:31:26 PM by 3r197

Wow at the staking chart

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/key/#!extraction  

14.3% of the entire coin is staking. 

edit: link didn't direct right - click on the extractions tab to see stake chart
yetiripper

The Future Of Work

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 07:08:08 PM

Awesomeness!! Thanks so much. For my UEFI BIOS I have to press F2 then I press F8 to open boot menu. Then I click on the USB and it loads up. Got to say that the graphics are amazing! Yet I'm getting an error no matter if I load up KeyOS (Live) or KeyOS (with persistance).
The same error pops up:
"A fatal error occurred. KeyCoin can no longer continue safely and will quit.
Exception: St13runtime_error
CDB():can't open databasefile.error21
Keycoin is Runaway exception"

What am I doing wrong? Sorry for my noobness to such a system. I have very little computer science savvy-ness.
Any help appreciated.

And again. WOW!!! What an amazing system!! Thanks so much Dev's. Can't wait to learn more about it!

Assuming that you haven't transferred any coins to the KeyOS wallet yet...

-Open up terminal
-Type this command then hit enter:   rm -r ~/.KeyCoin
-Then type "KeyCoin" (without the quotes) and hit enter.  That will run the wallet for as long as the terminal is open.  I assume the wallet has some sort of auto-start thing set up, so if you don't get the same error as before I would just reboot back into KeyOS again and it should execute normally.

Then for the staking thing, I have no idea.  I'm yet to wrap my mind around PoS.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: