Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:35:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Would you prefer new features to be Ninja Launched or Announced first?
Ninja - 157 (62.1%)
Announced - 96 (37.9%)
Total Voters: 253

Pages: « 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 [111] 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 ... 231 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [FIBRE] | 625k | [SuperNET] | FibreDark | FibreLock | FibreGateway | ZeroTrust |  (Read 514886 times)
killakem (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 01:44:51 PM

Thanks for allowing us to debate as a community.

Unless FIBRE gets dividends from FIBRELITE or FIBRE holders get shares of FIBRELITE, I fail to see how another coin in this community will not draw down the value from the original. It's a pipe dream to think it will be like the silver to the gold. Hard reality is money goes where market goes and value exist. If FIBRELITE is target for social networks, that is the target market demographic and the new buzz and growth. I understand FIBRE is tapped unless a fork so I get that and also get how we need new money for growth. I own over 5K worth of this coin because I spent the time vetting and continue to buy on the dips. This idea has been pitched at a few other coins and I bailed when I found they were building out yet another coin to dilute my original investment. This is business, not love of a coin or community.

Let me be clear. I honestly LOVE the new FIBRELITE idea as a new coin and feel it has great market potential. However, if there is not a 1 to 1 trade (automatic) from FIBRE to FIBRELITE and a removal of the FIBRE coin completely or no dividends or shares from the FIBRELITE while keeping the original, I will have no other choice than to start thinking about my market shift as well.

Doing a great job, honestly legit, keep your eye on the end game. How much do we need to get into the clould with Fibre?

wnw

Thank you for your well thought out post. Im currently putting a post together with all of the suggested solutions.

Rolling Fibre into another coin with a higher coin supply was our original idea. However, this would seriously dilute Fibre and would have the greatest impact on it. I have had several community members PM with concerns around this.

Please elaborate on your shares/dividents idea!! This could be the missing piece of the puzzle.

Regards
Killa

Also let me be clear!!

We are not saying that Fibre can not be developed further without investment. We can carry on as we are, but in order to implement some of my great ideas substantial investment will be required.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
shinybars

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 01:47:55 PM

I am in agreement with WhiteNotWright. In my opinion, a new coin is not the way to go. Why not simply focus on FIBRE? Get to marketing, create buzz, continue to innovate, garner ideas from the community and implement. Any amount of effort that is focused on another coin will take away from FIBRE. If you build value in FIBRE, the money will come....

There is another pair of coins that was quite a different but somewhat similar scenario. Anyway, the original plan was for them to create a new coin and exchange for the current holders of their existing coin. For whatever reason they chose to create the new coin and keep both coins which resulted in the first coin being basically worth nothing. This is not to say that it will change in the future, but as of this moment, I am a bagholder of the original coins. With that stated, the devs and the team of the said coin are good people, with a good "mission" but in my opinion their "vision" was flawed and not well thought out.

Speaking as a Top 20 holder of FIBRE,

SB_
killakem (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 02:00:11 PM

Hi Guys,

I think the fairest way to come to an agreement on the funding of Fibre is to have a Poll!!

We now have a poll on the thread, please let me know if I have missed any suggestions or if something should be changed.

Regards
Killa
charptype

Activity: 58

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 02:01:21 PM

That's exactly my fear. I too would like to hear more about whitenotwrights divident solution. That does indeed sound like an interesting solution. Though I am quite concerned about the current funding hurdles I find some comfort in the fact that the devs are clearly hearing the community out on this. This may be a votable issue.

I am in agreement with WhiteNotWright. In my opinion, a new coin is not the way to go. Why not simply focus on FIBRE? Get to marketing, create buzz, continue to innovate, garner ideas from the community and implement. Any amount of effort that is focused on another coin will take away from FIBRE. If you build value in FIBRE, the money will come....

There is another pair of coins that was quite a different but somewhat similar scenario. Anyway, the original plan was for them to create a new coin and exchange for the current holders of their existing coin. For whatever reason they chose to create the new coin and keep both coins which resulted in the first coin being basically worth nothing. This is not to say that it will change in the future, but as of this moment, I am a bagholder of the original coins. With that stated, the devs and the team of the said coin are good people, with a good "mission" but in my opinion their "vision" was flawed and not well thought out.

SB_
killakem (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 02:04:58 PM

That's exactly my fear. I too would like to hear more about whitenotwrights divident solution. That does indeed sound like an interesting solution. Though I am quite concerned about the current funding hurdles I find some comfort in the fact that the devs are clearly hearing the community out on this. This may be a votable issue.

SB_

Correct! Even tho I see FibreLite as the best solution, this is the communities decision and is not mine to make. I'm holding Fibre like the rest of you, I would never jeopardize my investment.

Things are going really well and we have seen massive growth over the last two months. I do not want this too slow down!

Regards
Killa
killakem (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 02:07:16 PM

SB_

You read my mind lol!! I think you have the gift Chartype. Smiley

Im even more exited about the future of Fibre now than I have ever been!! The future will be bright once we over come this funding hurdle.
charptype

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 02:10:10 PM

A psychic once tole me I was psychic.

SB_

You read my mind lol!! I think you have the gift Chartype. Smiley
killakem (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 02:11:19 PM

I think the psychic was right mate!! lol

Have you casted your vote??

Option B is kicking the other options asses lol!!
belibeli

Activity: 53

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 02:12:17 PM

Personally, I don’t really like the idea of Fibrelight, giving the trend of Lites following the heavies. I think it’s a rip-off and its success is not dependent on the developers but the market. In this case, it might actually be success. Or not.  But, for the sake of debating, here is my bluster:

1.   Fibre should be different from FibreLight, not only in scarcity. Think of a way for it to be always better. Your silver vs gold methaphor is not the best in this case, scarcity between these two metals is not the only thing that dictates the gap in price. Here are a few questions that need to be answered by the developers:

A.   How will you link the two coins?
B.   Why should I choose FibreLight instead of Fibre? Why should I choose Fibre instead of Light? These two coins should be clearly marketed at two different set of people and needs. Who are they? How will you market to those people?

Let’s presume for a second that crypto is the future of money and that who gets ahead at this genesis will have a future currency that societies will use afterwards. People compare crypto with the dawn of the internet, and then, me, an already paranoid investor in property, in fiat, in gold, in silver, in gems and now in crypto, I start questioning your motives for trying to release a second hand currency without backing it up firstly in the original currency. The Fibre name, logo and creators are not enough of a guarantee for me in this unregulated market to be proof of something to be gained. I don’t trust boards, governments, corporations and neither should you. I trust my family and I trust innovation. Fibre has proven itself so far to provide innovation. Is it ready to create a family? Are the developers unscrupulous BTC hungry opportunists? Or are they regular people as you and I that genuinely believe they can be part of something great? It yet has to be seen, tested and proven.

2.   If FibreLight should ever be conceived, it should be at most 10% ICO (9.000.000 coins) and the rest of 81.000.000 coins distributed procentual amongst the Fibre wallet staking addresses at the FibreLight launch T-0.00 moment. The holders of Fibre should get around 90% of the Fibrelight supply, meaning 124.6 Fibrelight/1 Fibre owned. FibreLight ICO should start at 0.00001.

If all the above questions are answered correctly and the correct conditions are met*, I will personally buy 30 BTC worth of the FibreLight ICO. This is my pledge!  

*Revisions pending by the Fibre community.
killakem (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 02:17:28 PM

Personally, I don’t really like the idea of Fibrelight, giving the trend of Lites following the heavies. I think it’s a rip-off and its success is not dependent on the developers but the market. In this case, it might actually be success. Or not.  But, for the sake of debating, here is my bluster:

1.   Fibre should be different from FibreLight, not only in scarcity. Think of a way for it to be always better. Your silver vs gold methaphor is not the best in this case, scarcity between these two metals is not the only thing that dictates the gap in price. Here are a few questions that need to be answered by the developers:

A.   How will you link the two coins?
B.   Why should I choose FibreLight instead of Fibre? Why should I choose Fibre instead of Light? These two coins should be clearly marketed at two different set of people and needs. Who are they? How will you market to those people?

Let’s presume for a second that crypto is the future of money and that who gets ahead at this genesis will have a future currency that societies will use afterwards. People compare crypto with the dawn of the internet, and then, me, an already paranoid investor in property, in fiat, in gold, in silver, in gems and now in crypto, I start questioning your motives for trying to release a second hand currency without backing it up firstly in the original currency. The Fibre name, logo and creators are not enough of a guarantee for me in this unregulated market to be proof of something to be gained. I don’t trust boards, governments, corporations and neither should you. I trust my family and I trust innovation. Fibre has proven itself so far to provide innovation. Is it ready to create a family? Are the developers unscrupulous BTC hungry opportunists? Or are they regular people as you and I that genuinely believe they can be part of something great? It yet has to be seen, tested and proven.

2.   If FibreLight should ever be conceived, it should be at most 10% ICO (9.000.000 coins) and the rest of 81.000.000 coins distributed procentual amongst the Fibre wallet staking addresses at the FibreLight launch T-0.00 moment. The holders of Fibre should get around 90% of the Fibrelight supply, meaning 124.6 Fibrelight/1 Fibre owned. FibreLight ICO should start at 0.00001.

If all the above questions are answered correctly and the correct conditions are met*, I will personally buy 30 BTC worth of the FibreLight ICO. This is my pledge!  

*Revisions pending by the Fibre community.

Hi,

Thanks for your well thought out post. Theres 3 pages of posts to read, most of your questions should be answered.

This has now gone to a vote! As I need to get back to working on Fibre!!

I like your ideas and we are open to all suggestions.

Lets see how the vote goes! Then we can look at the finer details.
WhiteNotWright

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Fibre Knight

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 02:30:56 PM

Also let me be clear!!
We are not saying that Fibre can not be developed further without investment. We can carry on as we are, but in order to implement some of my great ideas substantial investment will be required.

Good to know on the forward growth possibility of the existing code base without a fork, but what is this number we are talking about in this large investment? Also, what is the cost to get this into that cloud-base for doing all these great things --this was what caught my eye early. I know you guys can pull this off and provide the road maps and produce results, so honestly I am trolling for the CAPX and OE nothing else.

On the ROI front, these are multiple thoughts. I know dividends would work the same way as earnings on shares but in this case coins, the system would pay out a percentage every so often and your cut would be in relation to your holdings and the value and market cap of FIBRELITE to ensure the FIBRE community continues to stand behind baby brother FIBRELITE. That is a pretty simple and straight forward solution to maintaining coin holder value with a new coin and would need to be programmed into the wallet or the operators would be charged with doing all this wallet and fund management from outside the wallet with transparent accountability.

However, that is not the primary suggestion I wanted to present to solve both issues, funding and fear.

I envision an inner-wallet exchange (simple two coin trader) from FIBRE to FIBRELITE that could work both ways. Coin shifted from FIBRE to FLITE would have a prescribed coin ratio exchange value and vice-versa. You could also get more elaborate and base the ratio on current market condition of both coins (cap, value, outstandings). You would then basically be using both blockchains of both coins to trade off each other and as a result, generate volume while drawing in new capital from those folks wanting to get in at a lower cost basis with FIBRELITE. In order to create continued funding for coin dev, a portion of each FIBRELITE traded would go into a FIBREFUND wallet that would enjoy all the aspects of a FIBRE coin holder and thus going full circle back to FIBRE and dividends and the ultimate goal of generating new dev revenue and disturbing original stake holders but adding additional value there as well.

These are just additional ideas to keep us rolling along in trying to get everyone's vision in the mix and making this coin a leader in the industry. I hope some of this can be tweaked out to compromise the visions because unlike some coins, this appears to be the place where things get done.

Just saw the post from belibeli and there are some good thoughts there that could be blended.

wnw

"Give me fuel, give me FIBRE, give me that which I desire."
https://twitter.com/whitenotwright
MadGhost

Activity: 294

★777Coin.com★ Fun BTC Casino!

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 02:37:18 PM

i also support option B as it looks promising

WhiteNotWright

Fibre Knight

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 02:58:05 PM

You keep changing the polling questions after we vote!

I don't think it's going to be this black-n-white, but Option B is my vote at this time, using the definition prior to existing, before the last change.

charptype

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 03:03:25 PM

I don't know who is voting up a. 6 votes in 20 mins is suspicious especially when none of the 6 said anything.

I don't think it's going to be this black-n-white, but Option B is my vote at this time, using the definition prior to existing, before the last change.
burner2014

Activity: 952
Merit: 515

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 03:03:47 PM

Option A

Why?

I don't understand Option B .. but how many coins does a current investor in Fibrecoin gets?  Only the amount of today or an amount + X % of the supply added?

killakem (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 03:05:47 PM

Added more information to options A and B as some said they was not clear enough.

Ok, if there is no ICO. Where do the development funds come from?

MemoryShock

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 03:07:05 PM

SB_

Yin/Yang tried to switch to Harmony - it was a disaster.  But those guys weren't nearly as developed or communicative as the Fibre devs.  So while I see the similarity, I don't think that the instance is analogous.  Still worthy of note though...

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  I/O DIGITAL
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
iodigital.io & iocoin.io

█████████████████
███████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████
█████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
killakem (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 03:09:13 PM

I don't know who is voting up a. 6 votes in 20 mins is suspicious especially when none of the 6 said anything.

Most of our investors do not post in the BCT! I have however had several people contact me on IRC. If I think someone is trying to game the poll, we will host it on our website. Here I could have more protections in place e.g Captchas and IP detection.
WhiteNotWright

Fibre Knight

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 03:10:19 PM

You can spoof IP's for the vote, thus I don't trust the poll.

burner2014

Activity: 952
Merit: 515

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 03:13:54 PM

Option B is impacting the Fibrecoin (Market price) a lot .. just beware of it guys!
Pages: « 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 [111] 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 ... 231 »
  Print  

Jump to: