Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:26:43 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [2GIVE] / POS+POW HYBRID CHAIN W/5% STAKING AND BLOCK CAPTURE REWARDS  (Read 98998 times)
TheLittleDuke (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1024
Merit: 1004

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2016, 01:42:10 PM

Hello gentlemen. Who will send me a new 2give? 10-100-1000 givecoin?
my address Givem6BbgeEMS1DZ2mczpZAVpkPZ9XEo8s. I need to a test

Just saw this on the "rich list" which honestly for 2GIVE should be named "Top Stakeholders" ;-)

Code:
Givem6BbgeEMS1DZ2mczpZAVpkPZ9XEo8s	100 2GIVE	1	0 2GIVE	100 2GIVE
GivegbAzuK127GBDM2VSUXLmvoGYPCGsfm 1 2GIVE 1 0 2GIVE 1 2GIVE

Looks like someone sent you 100 2GIVE -- and someone else earned the 1 2GIVE TXFEE !

It's Better 2GIVE
https://2Give.Info
TheLittleDuke (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2016, 01:45:51 PM

I am in the process of creating T-shirts with the logo 2give Smiley

Hey that's pretty cool!   Go for it!

I was thinking that eventually SNF would have t-shirts, coffee mugs etc that people could spend their 2GIVE on for funsies.

Something simple with the tag line "It's Better 2GIVE"

And then the url somewhere  http://2Give.Info

(the http is ugly but I don't know that most people know that ".info" is a thing yet

Can't wait to see what you come up with!

-dvd

It's Better 2GIVE
Testing Crypto

Activity: 614
Merit: 506

Applications

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 04:22:33 PM

Hello gentlemen. Who will send me a new 2give? 10-100-1000 givecoin?
my address Givem6BbgeEMS1DZ2mczpZAVpkPZ9XEo8s. I need to a test

Just saw this on the "rich list" which honestly for 2GIVE should be named "Top Stakeholders" ;-)

Code:
Givem6BbgeEMS1DZ2mczpZAVpkPZ9XEo8s	100 2GIVE	1	0 2GIVE	100 2GIVE
GivegbAzuK127GBDM2VSUXLmvoGYPCGsfm 1 2GIVE 1 0 2GIVE 1 2GIVE

Looks like someone sent you 100 2GIVE -- and someone else earned the 1 2GIVE TXFEE !

Just sent 100 2Give as well, in the spirit of giving & testing.

Date: 5/3/2016 11:03
To: Givem6BbgeEMS1DZ2mczpZAVpkPZ9XEo8s
Debit: -100.00 2GIVE
Transaction fee: -1.01 2GIVE
Net amount: -101.01 2GIVE
Transaction ID: 339be82809c84b00cfa0d2c513814ff034a96cb119cd6ee8fb2af9a6a8c7040f

I am in the process of creating T-shirts with the logo 2give Smiley

Hey that's pretty cool!   Go for it!

I was thinking that eventually SNF would have t-shirts, coffee mugs etc that people could spend their 2GIVE on for funsies.

Something simple with the tag line "It's Better 2GIVE"

And then the url somewhere  http://2Give.Info

(the http is ugly but I don't know that most people know that ".info" is a thing yet

Can't wait to see what you come up with!

-dvd

I actually donated to BitGive last year, but didn't know about the tee-shirts til payment was sent (took a year to build the donation on a budget) & would proudly use any 2Give merchandise to get others interested in 2Give (Do-a-Bit-of-Good as well). Can't wait to see what you come up with, have a small business near by that does marketing banners & cards, will have to see if they do custom cards (maybe instead of paper wallets, birthday & business QR coded cards?).

ZwNpPhVYrSrPMS71GLc7TEnbqA9VSZopGn // Gift5YapqsZqSTW8T4S3sCU4sngCkvh4ba // 3Gwc4KzVtuJ9ADnuqzF7XRhSaaE7HkBWpr // 1PAGEHrN62tgUHncGWbbhKe9jhZGXsxFC4
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi {SAT OS hi}
TheLittleDuke (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2016, 05:10:03 PM

Just sent 100 2Give as well, in the spirit of giving & testing.

I actually donated to BitGive last year, but didn't know about the tee-shirts til payment was sent (took a year to build the donation on a budget) & would proudly use any 2Give merchandise to get others interested in 2Give (Do-a-Bit-of-Good as well). Can't wait to see what you come up with, have a small business near by that does marketing banners & cards, will have to see if they do custom cards (maybe instead of paper wallets, birthday & business QR coded cards?).

This is what I love about what 2GIVE could become -- I hope that it attracts the right kind of stakeholders -- I spent a lot time trying to convince the Karma (coin) kids to do something actually good with karma instead of that co-dependent abusive cycle between miners and speculators.  That whole base seems to attract both "greed and ignorance"...

For example:  one member literally thought that if they "hashed harder" that the price would go up !?!

Go look at the thread -- it's full of people openly talking about pumping and dumping it.   It's sickening really -- so hypocritical IMHO

Speaking of BitGive!  I have reached out to Connie G there with the proposition of having them add 2GIVE to their list of supported cryptos (they only want BTC atm) -- in fact I shared the vision of the "Underwriter" model with them, but have not really heard back other than they are busy focusing on something else atm.

They'll come along for the ride or they won't.  My feelings won't be hurt if they don't ;-)

BitGive already "gets it" -- we want 2GIVE crypto to everyone else!

-dvd

It's Better 2GIVE
TheLittleDuke (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2016, 06:54:28 PM

Quick update:

We were able to get Slack to reassign "2give.slack.com" to us since the former project appeared to be abandoned.

Anyone stakeholder who would like to join in the development convo is welcome!

-dvd

It's Better 2GIVE
TheLittleDuke (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2016, 09:44:34 PM

Happy to announce that the in-wallet "2Give.Info" button successfully launches the browser and takes the user to our home page on both Windows & Mac OS X ❤️

The plan is to make it the official hub of all things 2GIVE !!

We are going to offer a "get verified" option and this could become a new way to "securely login" to the site if you enable it!

A short video posted to FB showing the button launch on Windows:

https://www.facebook.com/projectgivecoin/videos/616434481839658/

There's another video on the FB page that shows it working on Mac OS X as well

FYI, the "RC3-DEV" code has been pushed to GitHub...

Still working on the easier mining button option as well as splitting out the SEND from the TXFEE on the overview page based on some feedback from a new to crypto user

-dvd

It's Better 2GIVE
nathalie20
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 05:47:20 AM

Thank you all for coins sent to me. strength is in 2give
fartbags
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 01:38:37 AM

Quick update:

We were able to get Slack to reassign "2give.slack.com" to us since the former project appeared to be abandoned.

-dvd

Don't move to slack yet. It wrecks the community here. Slack should be more for users who are just learning about 2GIVE and not hearing about it from here on bitcointalk.

TheLittleDuke (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2016, 04:02:54 AM

Quick update:

-dvd

Don't move to slack yet. It wrecks the community here. Slack should be more for users who are just learning about 2GIVE and not hearing about it from here on bitcointalk.

I appreciate you concern!

Not moving -- just needed a place for the devs to sync up faster than github pull requests.

The ultimate location for everyone will be a SNF hosted message board that invites stakeholders to "get verified" so that their ranking in our ecosphere can be trusted beyond simple "how many posts have they made"

-dvd

It's Better 2GIVE
fartbags
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 07:53:26 AM

Quick update:

-dvd

I appreciate you concern!

Not moving -- just needed a place for the devs to sync up faster than github pull requests.

The ultimate location for everyone will be a SNF hosted message board that invites stakeholders to "get verified" so that their ranking in our ecosphere can be trusted beyond simple "how many posts have they made"

-dvd

Verified users would be great.

jalmari

Activity: 814
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 08:17:06 AM

The Air Drop has begun in earnest!

Every 30 minutes a 100K block is being pushed out to a node that will eventually send the 250M coins to Bittrex for the swap.

This means every 30 minutes you have a chance to win 1,000 2GIVE coins by running your wallet as a miner*

* Help / Advanced Options / Console / "setgenerate true"

So, all I have to do is to run full node with setgenerate true and I will be participating in this?

▄▄██▄▄
          ▄▄██████████▄▄
      ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
  ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▀▀██████████▄▄
▄█████████▀▀          ▀▀█████████▄
██████▀▀        ▄▄        ▀▀██████
██████      ▄▄██████▄▄      ██████
██████    ██████████████    ██████
██████      ▀▀██████▀▀      ██████
██████          ▀▀        ▄▄██████
▀█████    ▄▄          ▄▄█████████▀
   ▀▀█    ████▄▄ ▄▄██████████▀▀
          ████████████████▀▀
          ▀▀██████████▀▀
              ▀▀██▀▀
P H O R E

█
    █
   █
  █
   █
    █
   █
  █
 █
    KryptKoin rebranded to Phore   
     █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █
PoS 3.0  –  Masternodes  –  Zerocoin

█
    █
   █
  █
   █
    █
   █
  █
 █

▄▄██▄▄
        ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████▀▀████████▄▄
 ▄████████▀▀      ▀▀████████▄
▐█████▀▀              ▀▀█████▌
▐████       ▄▄██▄▄       ████▌
▐████    ▄██████████▄    ████▌
▐████    ████████████    ████▌
▐████    ▀██████████▀    ████▌
▐████       ▀▀██▀▀       ████▌
 ▀███                 ▄▄█████▌
    ▀    █▄▄      ▄▄████████▀
         █████▄▄████████▀▀
         ▀██████████▀▀
            ▀▀██▀▀
Simple858

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 08:21:20 AM

So until may 10th there is no way to get some coins into my wallet:  Givef6QaPzvEr2p23KkFtmRmQEXhr2m7Um

or... is there anyone who can give some coins  Grin
TheLittleDuke (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2016, 12:42:48 PM

So, all I have to do is to run full node with setgenerate true and I will be participating in this?

Yes!  That's all you have to do at the moment.  Turn on mining and help us secure the network.

Thank you for joining our ecosphere!

-dvd

It's Better 2GIVE
TheLittleDuke (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2016, 12:52:16 PM

So until may 10th there is no way to get some coins into my wallet:  Givef6QaPzvEr2p23KkFtmRmQEXhr2m7Um

If your wallet has "setgenerate true" enabled you have the same chances to earn as anyone else at the moment Smiley

FYI, we're going to be seeding the POS network every half hour even after the exchange opens.  The goal is to create the opportunity to have a self-sustaining chain with worst case scenario of having a block time of every 30 minutes to an hour depending on if the wallets are online.  As I have noted elsewhere, SNF seed wallets are NOT POS enabled at the moment from the first 500 blocks -- but we absolutely reserve the right to power them up if after 30 days we do not see a stable POS mint base.

I would expect that there will be a flurry of withdrawals from the exchange since those coins will NOT be eligible for staking rewards since Bittrex has confirmed that minting is disabled in their wallet.

It's quite possible that with the majority of coins moved out of the exchange that a more true valuation might emerge since with V1 the majority of the total moneysupply was concentrated in the exchange creating a downward pressure on price.

This will also create a great opportunity to earn block rewards as coins flow out.  Even though we think Bittrex is a premier exchange and does a best practices effort on security -- the fact of the matter is, your coins are safer in your own wallet.

I can relay that there are TWO pretty cool backup options that we have in our backlog -- one is direct support in the wallet for sending a password protected copy of your wallet to your Dropbox account.  The OTHER is a "key escrow" service with SNF where we would could escrow your keys safely, for a fee paid in 2GIVE.

Lots more in the pipeline!   It's Better 2GIVE!

-dvd

It's Better 2GIVE
jalmari

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 01:04:27 PM

Yes!  That's all you have to do at the moment.  Turn on mining and help us secure the network.

-dvd

I think I did it right, but still the hashrate is 0?

This is what my mining info returns. Am I participating now?

--------------

getmininginfo

{
"blocks" : 950,
"currentblocksize" : 1000,
"currentblocktx" : 0,
"difficulty" : 0.00024414,
"errors" : "",
"generate" : true,
"genproclimit" : -1,
"hashespersec" : 0,
"networkhashps" : 849,
"pooledtx" : 0,
"testnet" : false
}

▄▄██▄▄
          ▄▄██████████▄▄
      ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
          ████████████████▀▀
          ▀▀██████████▀▀
              ▀▀██▀▀
P H O R E

█
    █
   █
  █
   █
    █
   █
  █
 █
     █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █

█
    █
   █
  █
   █
    █
   █
  █
 █

▄▄██▄▄
        ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████▀▀████████▄▄
         █████▄▄████████▀▀
         ▀██████████▀▀
            ▀▀██▀▀
TheLittleDuke (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2016, 01:13:26 PM

-dvd

--------------

getmininginfo

{
}

You're in!   Here's what makes 2GIVE different than the other minable coins:

You can ONLY mine when there is work to do!   This means it does NOT waste resources spinning the nonce if there are no transactions to secure.  You'll see that the wallet itself takes only 1-3% CPU -- but watch what happens when there is a TX on the network -- it kicks in and mines until it finds a block or someone else does.

-dvd

It's Better 2GIVE
TheLittleDuke (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2016, 01:25:45 PM

It's so simple to do!  We have the sign and verify signature capabilities built into the wallets already -- we just want to make it simple for people to do.

At a high-level you'd create an avatar/user account on 2GIVE.INFO and link your Give* address to your profile -- then we would ask you to digitally sign something to prove you have the rights to that address.

It would be that simple!

Then in our world your "mojo" / "seniority" would be based on your shareholder level!  Which could change over time.

Plus we can then do Wall of Fames around "most generous"  in terms of donations to recognized causes -- or on the TX you did and your TXFEE's donated to the network.

Plus when we power up the social tipping, how cool would it be to bump up someones post on a forum by sending them some 2GIVE??

-dvd

It's Better 2GIVE
Simple858

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 01:37:00 PM

If your wallet has "setgenerate true" enabled you have the same chances to earn as anyone else at the moment Smiley

FYI, we're going to be seeding the POS network every half hour even after the exchange opens.  The goal is to create the opportunity to have a self-sustaining chain with worst case scenario of having a block time of every 30 minutes to an hour depending on if the wallets are online.  As I have noted elsewhere, SNF seed wallets are NOT POS enabled at the moment from the first 500 blocks -- but we absolutely reserve the right to power them up if after 30 days we do not see a stable POS mint base.

I would expect that there will be a flurry of withdrawals from the exchange since those coins will NOT be eligible for staking rewards since Bittrex has confirmed that minting is disabled in their wallet.

It's quite possible that with the majority of coins moved out of the exchange that a more true valuation might emerge since with V1 the majority of the total moneysupply was concentrated in the exchange creating a downward pressure on price.

This will also create a great opportunity to earn block rewards as coins flow out.  Even though we think Bittrex is a premier exchange and does a best practices effort on security -- the fact of the matter is, your coins are safer in your own wallet.

I can relay that there are TWO pretty cool backup options that we have in our backlog -- one is direct support in the wallet for sending a password protected copy of your wallet to your Dropbox account.  The OTHER is a "key escrow" service with SNF where we would could escrow your keys safely, for a fee paid in 2GIVE.

Lots more in the pipeline!   It's Better 2GIVE!

-dvd

OK thank you very much
jalmari

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 02:38:36 PM

-dvd

--------------

getmininginfo

{
}

You're in!   Here's what makes 2GIVE different than the other minable coins:

You can ONLY mine when there is work to do!   This means it does NOT waste resources spinning the nonce if there are no transactions to secure.  You'll see that the wallet itself takes only 1-3% CPU -- but watch what happens when there is a TX on the network -- it kicks in and mines until it finds a block or someone else does.

-dvd

Interesting. What are the odds to get an airdrop reward?

▄▄██▄▄
          ▄▄██████████▄▄
      ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
          ████████████████▀▀
          ▀▀██████████▀▀
              ▀▀██▀▀
P H O R E

█
    █
   █
  █
   █
    █
   █
  █
 █

█
    █
   █
  █
   █
    █
   █
  █
 █

▄▄██▄▄
        ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████▀▀████████▄▄
         █████▄▄████████▀▀
         ▀██████████▀▀
            ▀▀██▀▀
Lightsplasher

Activity: 371
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 07:43:44 PM

It's so simple to do!  We have the sign and verify signature capabilities built into the wallets already -- we just want to make it simple for people to do.

At a high-level you'd create an avatar/user account on 2GIVE.INFO and link your Give* address to your profile -- then we would ask you to digitally sign something to prove you have the rights to that address.

It would be that simple!

Then in our world your "mojo" / "seniority" would be based on your shareholder level!  Which could change over time.

Plus we can then do Wall of Fames around "most generous"  in terms of donations to recognized causes -- or on the TX you did and your TXFEE's donated to the network.

Plus when we power up the social tipping, how cool would it be to bump up someones post on a forum by sending them some 2GIVE??

-dvd

I really like this idea, bumping up posts by sending 2GIVE seems fun!  Any ETA on when a forum like this might get done? Or is it too early to say? Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  

Jump to: