Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 04:56:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [2GIVE] / POS+POW HYBRID CHAIN W/5% STAKING AND BLOCK CAPTURE REWARDS  (Read 98965 times)
TheLittleDuke (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1024
Merit: 1004

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2016, 01:57:48 PM

Yesterday I accidentally found out about your coin, download and run the wallet for a few hours, but did not "caught". Today also launched, but it is empty. Or you need to have coins there? Today I bought Yobit.net 1000 coins. I hope that soon get a few coins while running the wallet. Amazing you have created a wallet-running and does not load the computer ?! I have not seen such. Kudos to you!

Did you turn on "Compete for block rewards?" In the options?

It's Better 2GIVE
https://2Give.Info
jalmari

Activity: 814
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 03:58:28 PM

Going down do 10 Sat, this coin is facing the same destiny as Water.

2Give has some unique features like the mining, once the markets realize this the price will go up. This is not just a random clone!

▄▄██▄▄
          ▄▄██████████▄▄
      ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
  ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▀▀██████████▄▄
▄█████████▀▀          ▀▀█████████▄
██████▀▀        ▄▄        ▀▀██████
██████      ▄▄██████▄▄      ██████
██████    ██████████████    ██████
██████      ▀▀██████▀▀      ██████
██████          ▀▀        ▄▄██████
▀█████    ▄▄          ▄▄█████████▀
   ▀▀█    ████▄▄ ▄▄██████████▀▀
          ████████████████▀▀
          ▀▀██████████▀▀
              ▀▀██▀▀
P H O R E

█
    █
   █
  █
   █
    █
   █
  █
 █
    KryptKoin rebranded to Phore   
     █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █
PoS 3.0  –  Masternodes  –  Zerocoin

█
    █
   █
  █
   █
    █
   █
  █
 █

▄▄██▄▄
        ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████▀▀████████▄▄
 ▄████████▀▀      ▀▀████████▄
▐█████▀▀              ▀▀█████▌
▐████       ▄▄██▄▄       ████▌
▐████    ▄██████████▄    ████▌
▐████    ████████████    ████▌
▐████    ▀██████████▀    ████▌
▐████       ▀▀██▀▀       ████▌
 ▀███                 ▄▄█████▌
    ▀    █▄▄      ▄▄████████▀
         █████▄▄████████▀▀
         ▀██████████▀▀
            ▀▀██▀▀
TheLittleDuke (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2016, 06:22:48 PM

Going down do 10 Sat, this coin is facing the same destiny as Water.

2Give has some unique features like the mining, once the markets realize this the price will go up. This is not just a random clone!

While I have a policy of not speculating on price (along with a ZERO daytrade agreement with our attorneys until some time in the future when we will publicly disclose any coin sales that would benefit Strength in Numbers Foundation well in advance of the sale on any public exchange) -- I can "hope" that all of the 2GIVE stakeholders are rewarded for their support!

My best advice to everyone (and this actually applies to ALL coinbases) -- pull your coins out of the exchanges -- especially any POS coins since the exchanges are not staking for you.   Its not only safer to prevent another exchange train wreck -- but it ALSO cuts the SUPPLY-SIDE down -- fewer coins at the exchanges has the most impact on price and its the only thing within your personal control.

When we complete the Gift* work we'll do a press release to mainstream media -- and then re-amplify again when we have the mobile wallets (work has already started on exploring if we can leverage the IOS "breadwallet" codebase) -- still exploring what our options are for Android.

We have also decided to explore putting a wallet on Chromebooks as well -- since its so low power anyone could mine with even the minimal hardware.

The Release Candidate Five (RC5) is being pushed to GIT as we make changes.  The most recent change I just pushed disables the RPC mining commands GETWORK, GETWORKEX & SUBMITBLOCK.    They along with the IRC bootstrap code are scheduled to be removed from the codebase.   This combined with our novel mining system of not allowing "Proof of Waste" mining will make it significantly harder for pools to try and spin up a 2GIVE pool.  It also makes it harder for anyone to try and leverage ASIC or GPU assisted equipment.

We WILL however be adding in AUXPOW support so that 2GIVE can be leveraged for other chains in the future <3

The CHECKPOINTS subsystem has been patched as well but not turned up just yet to make sure we do not break the RC4 wallets.  In fact its amusing how many "clones" out there did not implement their own keys (along with the alert keys) -- you can tell a crappy coinbase by the fact that you're getting checkpoint errors and a "getcheckpoint" command returns block zero  (I'm looking at you PMP & CAPT ;-)

-dvd

It's Better 2GIVE
uki
Legendary

Activity: 1358

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 11:23:13 PM

Recent rise of Bitcoin is having a negative impact especially on new altcoins as 2GIVE. Let's see how the price rebounds, when the Bitcoin pressure releases a bit.

this space is intentionally left blank
TheLittleDuke (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2016, 11:33:46 PM

Recent rise of Bitcoin is having a negative impact especially on new altcoins as 2GIVE. Let's see how the price rebounds, when the Bitcoin pressure releases a bit.

Agreed, except that at current rate, 18 satoshi (or what I call "noncents") -- is causing the marketcap to inflate ;-)

It's all good!  This is fueled by the crypto savvy.

2GIVE is for everyone else.

Especially when we start dropping 2GIVE in the real world to bring more people into the economy.  Think about it!?

2GIVE could be someones FIRST intro to crypto <3

-dvd

It's Better 2GIVE
Anatoliyb50

Activity: 377
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 06:40:26 PM

Yesterday I accidentally found out about your coin, download and run the wallet for a few hours, but did not "caught". Today also launched, but it is empty. Or you need to have coins there? Today I bought Yobit.net 1000 coins. I hope that soon get a few coins while running the wallet. Amazing you have created a wallet-running and does not load the computer ?! I have not seen such. Kudos to you!

No - check the settings I did not set. Who has disabled this function, Thank you.
TheLittleDuke (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2016, 06:41:39 PM

No - check the settings I did not set. Who has disabled this function, Thank you.

Mining is OPT IN by default (not set) -- we don't assume you want to POW mine.  We do assume you want to POS stake, but you can OPT OUT of that.

-dvd

It's Better 2GIVE
Anatoliyb50

Activity: 377
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 07:32:00 PM

Mining is OPT IN by default (not set) -- we don't assume you want to POW mine.  We do assume you want to POS stake, but you can OPT OUT of that.

-dvd
[/quote]

Thanks for your reply, now I'll know.
TheLittleDuke (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2016, 10:00:45 PM

SNF is pleased to announce that it has successfully incorporated the "vanitygen" source code into it's wallet to speed up the creation of Gift* card paper wallet addresses -- this SLASHES the time to find a matching address from minutes to a few seconds <3

We'll work to add this into command line / console so that you can leverage the power of the built in vanitygen tool to make custom addresses of your own!  Something like

getnewaddress [account] [prefix]

It's Better 2GIVE
fartbags
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 05:28:06 AM

I like this coin. I hope for a good future. Has anyone joined the public network of 2GIVE holders yet?

placebo
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 06:13:56 AM

Looking good here. Time to buy a few.
TheLittleDuke (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2016, 01:58:17 AM

Check out the latest little video posted to the Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/projectgivecoin/

It shows a Gift* address being created and a small (no qr-code) paper wallet being written to disk and then launched in the desktop browser for rendering.

From here a few things to wrap up before the RC5 release:

1. Add the QR-CODES to the paper wallet output
2. Move the .html template to a file on the disk and digitally sign it (a .sig file)
    This is a way of making sure that no one tampers with it since we launch a web-browser we don't want someone attacking your wallet through the template system
3. Update the default path / config so that it can be saved in options

Otherwise, I'm feeling pretty good about the small bug fixes and this major new feature add <3

-dvd

It's Better 2GIVE
TheLittleDuke (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2016, 11:21:00 PM

We now have the QR-CODES being generated and composited into the .html file that represents the paper wallet.

They are REALLY ugly at the moment but from here we can start building beautiful HTML Templates

Since it is TRIVIAL for us to now do a "file merge" operation to take the Address & Private Key strings PLUS the QR-CODES and blend them into a template to produce the paper wallet.

https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fprojectgivecoin%2Fvideos%2F628364857313287%2F

It's Better 2GIVE
TheLittleDuke (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2016, 03:51:38 AM

CROSS POSTED FROM https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=683776.msg15052642#msg15052642

[CAPT] CAPTcoin : 2GIVE OFFER MODIFIED
Today at 03:49:49 AM
Reply with quote  Edit message  Delete message  #3281

We are STILL unable to sync the CAPT blockchain !!

There is some serious memory leak in the wallet that causes the node to crash and force a reboot several times per day while just trying to sync the block chain to get current.

Unless our wallet can get up to current by Sunday night, we'll have to rescind our SWAP offer as we'll be unable to execute it.

-dvd

It's Better 2GIVE
thoth-Atlantian

Activity: 924

I AM

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 06:12:10 AM

been buying in over a few days,

looks to be the right time.

www.dlsag.ch      1ex.trade
jalmari

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 09:04:17 AM

Yes, it looks like that the price is now going to right direction, but I think that it is still extremely cheap considering that it has some unique features.

▄▄██▄▄
          ▄▄██████████▄▄
      ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
          ████████████████▀▀
          ▀▀██████████▀▀
              ▀▀██▀▀
P H O R E

█
    █
   █
  █
   █
    █
   █
  █
 █
     █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █

█
    █
   █
  █
   █
    █
   █
  █
 █

▄▄██▄▄
        ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████▀▀████████▄▄
         █████▄▄████████▀▀
         ▀██████████▀▀
            ▀▀██▀▀
jalmari

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 10:32:43 AM

Only few days, and I can start experimenting the staking of 2Give.

▄▄██▄▄
          ▄▄██████████▄▄
      ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
          ████████████████▀▀
          ▀▀██████████▀▀
              ▀▀██▀▀
P H O R E

█
    █
   █
  █
   █
    █
   █
  █
 █

█
    █
   █
  █
   █
    █
   █
  █
 █

▄▄██▄▄
        ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████▀▀████████▄▄
         █████▄▄████████▀▀
         ▀██████████▀▀
            ▀▀██▀▀
uki
Legendary

Activity: 1358

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 11:06:15 AM

I guess you are right. RC5 should be there soon, and thus people trying to push the price down will regret not keeping their coins.

this space is intentionally left blank
Camus

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 11:12:25 AM

i have bought as 75 satos  Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed
TheLittleDuke (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2016, 12:20:43 PM

Looks like the SNF "air-drop" has succeeded at powering up the chain to a point where it's self-sustaining at a minimal rate.

We weren't sure how many people were going to take the block rewards and run off to the exchange so it's very encouraging to see those POS blocks popping in the mix on the block explorers <3

To be clear, we designed 2GIVE to support BOTH stakeholders and miners to help secure the chain -- and the exchanges are a necessary (and welcome!) part of our ecosphere.

Transactions feed the miners -- and they have to create transactions themselves in order to move their coins to the exchanges which in turn, creates more rewards for others to earn.  It's a beautiful cycle ;-)

2GIVE re-levels the playing field for everyone again -- there is currently NO ADVANTAGE for a pool to operate and no known way to leverage ASIC's or GPU's -- just run the wallet and turn on "compete for block rewards".  THAT makes this coin unique.

"2GIVE makes mining fun again" is one example of the kinds of PM's I'm getting here and on FB. 

The "air-drop" is going to continue for the foreseeable future!   

We've adjusted the cadence now from every hour at :00 and :30 to now at :15 and :45 minute marks to help fill in the the future POS blocks for stakeholders to build chain momentum for block confirmation.  This will continue for a month and then we'll adjust the window again.

Thanks again to you, our stakeholders for helping secure the 2GIVE network and for your continued support!

It's Better 2GIVE!

-dvd

It's Better 2GIVE
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  

Jump to: