Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 10:57:11 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [2GIVE] / POS+POW HYBRID CHAIN W/5% STAKING AND BLOCK CAPTURE REWARDS  (Read 98998 times)
TheLittleDuke (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1024
Merit: 1004

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2016, 03:53:12 PM

the pool coin???

There is no pool mining of 2GIVE as there is no advantage to it and the wallet doesn't really support it.

You wallet is fully capable of mining on it's own.  Just setgenerate=1

-dvd

It's Better 2GIVE
https://2Give.Info
Testing Crypto

Activity: 614
Merit: 506

Applications

View Profile
November 19, 2016, 03:08:22 AM

When do you think RC 6.1 will be out, built up a Gift wallet & am unable to redeem it for creation of smaller Gift addresses (like the 2023 fair idea)?

ZwNpPhVYrSrPMS71GLc7TEnbqA9VSZopGn // Gift5YapqsZqSTW8T4S3sCU4sngCkvh4ba // 3Gwc4KzVtuJ9ADnuqzF7XRhSaaE7HkBWpr // 1PAGEHrN62tgUHncGWbbhKe9jhZGXsxFC4
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi {SAT OS hi}
TheLittleDuke (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2016, 04:28:19 AM

When do you think RC 6.1 will be out, built up a Gift wallet & am unable to redeem it for creation of smaller Gift addresses (like the 2023 fair idea)?

I'll get a release out this weekend -- you'll see your Gift card balances are safe if you hit one of the block explorers listed on our website https://2Give.info

-dvd

It's Better 2GIVE
Testing Crypto

Applications

View Profile
November 19, 2016, 04:55:21 PM

I'll get a release out this weekend -- you'll see your Gift card balances are safe if you hit one of the block explorers listed on our website https://2Give.info

-dvd

D//:id you ever make contact with Sean's Outpost to gather a donation address for 2Give > Gift, also a place called Spare Key & the Do a Bit of Good website?

ZwNpPhVYrSrPMS71GLc7TEnbqA9VSZopGn // Gift5YapqsZqSTW8T4S3sCU4sngCkvh4ba // 3Gwc4KzVtuJ9ADnuqzF7XRhSaaE7HkBWpr // 1PAGEHrN62tgUHncGWbbhKe9jhZGXsxFC4
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi {SAT OS hi}
TheLittleDuke (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2016, 11:12:18 PM

D//:id you ever make contact with Sean's Outpost to gather a donation address for 2Give > Gift, also a place called Spare Key & the Do a Bit of Good website?

Yes we're working through integrating as many of the services that are currently listed on the dobitofgood.com website as we migrate it into 2give.info

Thanks for asking!

Feel free to nominate any other group!  All they have to do is download the wallet and then let us know what Give* address they have, as well as web address and email info

-dvd

It's Better 2GIVE
gloana

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 02, 2016, 11:41:32 AM

Any efforts here to increase the trading volume and price?
TheLittleDuke (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2016, 01:35:26 PM

Any efforts here to increase the trading volume and price?

SNF doesn't trade in 2GIVE, though we sometimes acquire it for our treasury account.

Price is a function of supply.  My suggestion is to buy, hold and stake.

-dvd

It's Better 2GIVE
jadenunderhill

Activity: 293
Merit: 109

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 04:45:38 AM

Coinitrage.com Arbitrage Firm now accepts 2GIVE!

Live chat support is now available on-site to 2GIVE users, or forum support is also available on our BitcoinTalk ANN: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1725963.0

Please note that while we offer services with 2GIVE, we are not directly affiliated with the developers of the coin. Please read our Terms of Service before using the Coinitrage Arbitrage Platform!
paramind22

Activity: 2646
Merit: 550

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2016, 07:37:27 PM

the pool coin???

There is no pool mining of 2GIVE as there is no advantage to it and the wallet doesn't really support it.

-dvd

What is this referring to?  Is the compiled wallet that one downloads able to be run with that switch?  If so, how?
When I select "Compete for block reward by mining (POS)" there are no specs that show up in the miner
that it's doing anything. 

Testing Crypto

Applications

View Profile
December 24, 2016, 10:08:02 PM

the pool coin???

-dvd

What is this referring to?  Is the compiled wallet that one downloads able to be run with that switch?  If so, how?
When I select "Compete for block reward by mining (POS)" there are no specs that show up in the miner
  PoW for 2Give isn't quite the same as normal PoW (no waste of energy), more like a master node type random PoW & everyone with the application online has a chance to earn the PoW reward. The longest online nodes + fastest to mine the PoW send blocks are unique, 1% of any 2Give sends on the blockchain are the PoW & reward anyone with the application online. There are only a few PoW blocks a day right now, but when the 2Give blockchain gets bigger & the 1% PoW starts to reward nodes online...

Any thought on creation of a stats page in the wallet, the small icon in the bottom right has limited space to show staking info & know it's possible to show many stats that are very helpful for use of the application. Having seen a quite a few of the stats pages coded in other alternative applications Wink

//some of these are accessible, tho a dedicated tab would be a major + to user who want stats information at hand & don't know how to use the RPC console.

Current # of blocks //34603 (Advanced Options > Information tab)
Last block time //   58 minutes (Advanced Options > Information tab)
Coin Supply //506,110,769 (Debug log)
Coin Value //39 satoshis (only found online)
Coin Fiat Value //$0.00035 (only found online)
Estimated Market Capital //$177,359 (only found online)
Number of Connections //66 (nodes bottom right corner battery looking bar next to green check mark)
Difficulty //0.0003 ± 4% (green sync check mark shows network difficulty)
Network Hashrate //3,329,650.538 2GIVE   (online staking only found online)
Total Stake Weight //??? (mining calculation of time to stake) only seen when coins mature & would be helpful to see always?
Generated+Fees //5,427.60803312 (coins produced per day only found online)
Top N addresses //419 (how many 2Give addresses with coins only found online)

Just a thought, since seeing all the stats & info without having to search here or there is a big + in my book Wink

paramind22

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2016, 12:30:31 AM

the pool coin???

-dvd

PoW for 2Give isn't quite the same as normal PoW (no waste of energy), more like a master node type random PoW & everyone with the application online has a chance to earn the PoW reward. The longest online nodes + fastest to mine the PoW send blocks are unique, 1% of any 2Give sends on the blockchain are the PoW & reward anyone with the application online. There are only a few PoW blocks a day right now, but when the 2Give blockchain gets bigger & the 1% PoW starts to reward nodes online...

Any thought on creation of a stats page in the wallet, the small icon in the bottom right has limited space to show staking info & know it's possible to show many stats that are very helpful for use of the application. Having seen a quite a few of the stats pages coded in other alternative applications Wink

//some of these are accessible, tho a dedicated tab would be a major + to user who want stats information at hand & don't know how to use the RPC console.

Current # of blocks //34603 (Advanced Options > Information tab)
Last block time //   58 minutes (Advanced Options > Information tab)
Coin Supply //506,110,769 (Debug log)
Coin Value //39 satoshis (only found online)
Coin Fiat Value //$0.00035 (only found online)
Estimated Market Capital //$177,359 (only found online)
Number of Connections //66 (nodes bottom right corner battery looking bar next to green check mark)
Difficulty //0.0003 ± 4% (green sync check mark shows network difficulty)
Network Hashrate //3,329,650.538 2GIVE   (online staking only found online)
Total Stake Weight //??? (mining calculation of time to stake) only seen when coins mature & would be helpful to see always?
Generated+Fees //5,427.60803312 (coins produced per day only found online)
Top N addresses //419 (how many 2Give addresses with coins only found online)

Just a thought, since seeing all the stats & info without having to search here or there is a big + in my book Wink

Thanks for the helpful and thoughtful post.  So, having this up taking up some CPU  is not just for the lottery aspect, and it's
really vital for the health of the coin?  It would be good if the wallet wasn't doing solo mining unless the chances of it hitting
blocks was high.  From what I read you are saying there is a percentage distributed to the wallets for everyone who keeps
the wallet online with that feature selected. 

I don't understand where: "Just setgenerate=1" is.  It's amazing how technical people keep it at in coins that are supposed
to get mass adaptation.  I'm a C++/Java programmer with an English BA so it's a challenge to have to run into this everywhere
I go.

TheLittleDuke (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2016, 12:33:17 AM

Take a look at your TOP or monitor -- you'll see that the 2GIVE wallet uses almost no CPU when there is nothing to mine.

The 6.1 release is a couple days away -- a small release to fix the BALANCE lookup issue.  Proof of Giving is in progress.

And a LOT of other things going on.

Merry Xmas everyone!

-dvd

Thanks for the helpful and thoughtful post.  So, having this up taking up some CPU  is not just for the lottery aspect, and it's
really vital for the health of the coin?  It would be good if the wallet wasn't doing solo mining unless the chances of it hitting
blocks was high.  From what I read you are saying there is a percentage distributed to the wallets for everyone who keeps

I don't understand where: "Just setgenerate=1" is.  It's amazing how technical people keep it at in coins that are supposed
to get mass adaptation.  I'm a C++/Java programmer with an English BA so it's a challenge to have to run into this everywhere
I go.

It's Better 2GIVE
gloana

View Profile
December 25, 2016, 07:54:56 AM

Merry Christmas and Thanks for 2GIVE Smiley
paramind22

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2016, 12:14:13 AM

Take a look at your TOP or monitor -- you'll see that the 2GIVE wallet uses almost no CPU when there is nothing to mine.

The 6.1 release is a couple days away -- a small release to fix the BALANCE lookup issue.  Proof of Giving is in progress.

And a LOT of other things going on.

Merry Xmas everyone!

-dvd

I go.

Merry Christmas and in the good feelings of the season but anyone knows this about CPU usage.  You didn't address my questions.
Wallet has been going 24 hours now with no indication of anything happening and the switch has been set to "mine."

TheLittleDuke (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2016, 12:16:38 AM

Look at one of the block explorers for activity.

Unless someone is sending coins around the network, there is NOTHING to mine.

2GIVE does not support "Proof of Waste" mining.

NOW, that said, as soon as we get 6.1 out the door we'll be announcing a NEW "air drop" as we move the bulk of the SNF coins into "cold storage" -- where they will not be eligible for staking since you all have done an AWESOME job of keeping the network and chain moving along <3

It's gonna be a Happy New Year soon!!

-dvd

Merry Christmas and in the good feelings of the season but anyone knows this about CPU usage.  You didn't address my questions.
Wallet has been going 24 hours now with no indication of anything happening and the switch has been set to "mine."

It's Better 2GIVE
gloana

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 09:50:10 PM

I see the price dropping day after day after day. Sad any news here ?
TheLittleDuke (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2017, 10:14:46 PM

I see the price dropping day after day after day. Sad any news here ?

LOL - ya, BTC is on the rise ;-)

-dvd

It's Better 2GIVE
Alastair air

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 12:56:24 PM

It's nice to see that a serious development is ongoing. Duke, have you ever requested to add this coin to Polo so that it get's more noticed?

good advancements in this senario can be appriciated so anyone of us must be poineer for this effort.
codrvar

Activity: 25

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 06:58:28 AM

I really like the idea.
I have bought a large amount, I think there is a lot of money that can be made on a really nice coin,
luck on progress dev.

to the moon do they say Smiley
yoohoo309

Activity: 154

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 11:59:36 AM

I really like the idea.
I have bought a large amount, I think there is a lot of money that can be made on a really nice coin,
luck on progress dev.

to the moon do they say Smiley

yes why not ...not only they but there luck speak like this and this is their enthusiasm..
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  

Jump to: