Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 03:01:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 [215] 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 ... 612 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA  (Read 1289613 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
bangomatic
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

ARK Team likes to ban and delete posts in reddit.

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 12:09:45 AM

^Total and utter FUD by a hilarious member of this gathering. Confirmed in IRC.

> http://youtu.be/EwfI677mRXo

HOLD TIGHT!

Doesnt seem very hilarious to me.
child_harold

Activity: 812

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 12:15:41 AM

Nah its probably just some FUD from someone who dumped all their SDC by accident, and now they want to buy back cheaper.  If it were real, they would be able to provide details.
on the contrary: if they were attempting to fud, they would provide many details in order to convince others that they were real.

a simple warning on the other hand, would require no details as the audit public release will cover all the details anyway.

You are the FUDster.  FUD stands for Fear Uncertainy and Doubt.  A FUDster does not provide details, because details lead to certainty.  You are all about FUDDing, and spreading Uncertainty, not certainty.  Period.

I agree.

It is quite obvious that Wheatclove's ill-considered remark has wasted a lot of people's time and entertained nobody except himself.
Big crap-sticks for this one.

child_harold

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 12:17:24 AM

^Total and utter FUD by a hilarious member of this gathering. Confirmed in IRC.

> http://youtu.be/EwfI677mRXo

HOLD TIGHT!

Doesnt seem very hilarious to me.

Sorry. Sarcasm does not translate well to text. I'm pissed and regard his comments as totally un-funny and completely IRRESPONSIBLE. He is equally unapologetic, which is all the more galling Angry

Pline

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 12:53:10 AM

Who is Isidor Zeuner?

Isidor Zeuner is a German cryptographer and also a prominent member of the bitcoin developer mailing list. There are not that many people active on the developer mailing list, but he is one of them.  You can read some of his stuff here: https://www.mail-archive.com/bitcoin-development@lists.sourceforge.net/

We have raised over 5 btc for him to help audit ShadowCash.  Info here: http://shadowtalk.org/topic/321/shadowcash-whitepaper-review-and-code-audit

Also as a note, if the audit turns up any flaws or problems with the Shadow system, then its a good thing, and the developers can work to plug holes, and improve the system.  Its probably likely that there can be some improvements, but this is hardly a "fail".  When Kristov Atlas audited the DRK codebase, he found some flaws in their coinjoin scheme, which they improved upon.  This is all part of becoming a hardened coin.
Wheatclove

Activity: 606
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 05:55:58 AM

Nah its probably just some FUD from someone who dumped all their SDC by accident, and now they want to buy back cheaper.  If it were real, they would be able to provide details.
on the contrary: if they were attempting to fud, they would provide many details in order to convince others that they were real.

a simple warning on the other hand, would require no details as the audit public release will cover all the details anyway.

You are the FUDster.  FUD stands for Fear Uncertainy and Doubt.  A FUDster does not provide details, because details lead to certainty.  You are all about FUDDing, and spreading Uncertainty, not certainty.  Period.

Lol i fully support this coin and the dev team. I even donated .5 btc to the audit fund. Some of you community members with blind faith in a protocol that you dont understand perturb me.

Stop fucking hyping the coin. It will bite you in the ass so hard if something is proved wrong with all this hype and hope around.

It will be great for some of us with btc in cold storage, but it can also completely suck the life out of a coin.
Pline

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 09:44:07 AM

Lol i fully support this coin and the dev team. I even donated .5 btc to the audit fund. Some of you community members with blind faith in a protocol that you dont understand perturb me.

Stop fucking hyping the coin. It will bite you in the ass so hard if something is proved wrong with all this hype and hope around.

It will be great for some of us with btc in cold storage, but it can also completely suck the life out of a coin.

Stop trashing the coin with no proof or details.  Its expected for the audit to point out areas of improvements, this is hardly a "fail".  Your ominous warnings with no proof of anything, is highly irresponsible.
child_harold

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 09:48:45 AM
Last edit: January 20, 2015, 10:41:08 AM by child_harold

So rather than apologise for causing confusion and annoyance with your irresponsible FUD post you choose to slam some other members of this coin for "hyping"?

I know you feel that way about my posts so let me explain myself:

1) I'm incredibly excited by this tech. Is it "blind faith" to follow a coin without understanding every line of code or holding a doctorate in computer science?
2) I have tried to create excitement and buzz by expressing my enthusiasm for this project to others. this is what humans do. if that is "hype" then Im guilty.
3) I have tried to understand this tech and help others do so despite my technical limitations. I want to learn more. When I get something wrong I correct it and apologise for any confusion caused.
4) I believe in the abilities and integrity of Ryno and the Team after seeing how they operate for 2 months now

I will not permit your feelings to affect my own expression or curb my enthusiasm for Shadow (no self-censorship). But I will consider them.

Communities need members like you to temper passions.
But conversely communities also need passionate members.
We should all play to our strengths and work together.

p.s. If the Zeuner Report comes out good it's you and me Cage Match style  Grin Cool
p.p.s do you suppose we could hype up the report by calling it the Z-files? LOL. JK.

illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 10:28:50 AM

I really agree, I don't feel too confident in coinjoin schemes, or master nodes.  Zero knowledge is where its at.  The video left a bad taste in my mouth.  It gave the opinion of someone simply trying to sell their coin. He wouldn't even acknowledge the value of zero knowledge solutions. Instead it was his job to criticize any competition as best he can, and tell you don't look there, buy DRK instead.

When/if a usable zk solution is found some day and implemented, we can assess its value.

It's been found and implemented and you're looking at it. It's usable and easy-to-use. Ready for anon B2B. No need to take my word for it: the Zeuner Report will be in soon…

I believe search and implementation is still ongoing:

...we have said on a few occasions that we will only be utilising a basic nizkp until zk-snarks is fully out and trustless.
child_harold

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 10:45:04 AM

I really agree, I don't feel too confident in coinjoin schemes, or master nodes.  Zero knowledge is where its at.  The video left a bad taste in my mouth.  It gave the opinion of someone simply trying to sell their coin. He wouldn't even acknowledge the value of zero knowledge solutions. Instead it was his job to criticize any competition as best he can, and tell you don't look there, buy DRK instead.

When/if a usable zk solution is found some day and implemented, we can assess its value.

It's been found and implemented and you're looking at it. It's usable and easy-to-use. Ready for anon B2B. No need to take my word for it: the Zeuner Report will be in soon…

...we have said on a few occasions that we will only be utilising a basic nizkp until zk-snarks is fully out and trustless.

I wasn't referring to zk-snarks.

illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 10:49:35 AM

Were you referring to CryptoNote ring sigs then?  Huh
child_harold

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 10:57:59 AM

Were you referring to CryptoNote ring sigs then?  Huh

LOL.

No. I'm referring to ShadowCash's unique ZK anon implementation (which makes use of ring sig as well as other tech) as explained in this whitepaper. The code is currently being reviewed by Isidor Zeuner.

ShadowCash: Zero­knowledge Anonymous Distributed E­Cash
via Traceable Ring Signatures

http://shadow.cash/downloads/shadowcash-anon.pdf

MoonDusk

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 11:48:01 AM

I'm afraid you failing to taking into account that ryno was referring to ZK-Snarks lack of ability to be setup in a trustless manner, not NIZKP (Non-Interactive Zero Knowledge Proofs) which is in use in ShadowSend v2 and is trustless.

Since that post by ryno the guys working on ZK-Snarks figured out a trustless setup which is promising if SDC decide to take this route in the future. Info here: https://twitter.com/SDLerner/status/548205708236566530

Just to clarify for you.

A zero knowledge solution has been found, it is being assessed by a qualified auditor. Lets await the results.
Wheatclove

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 01:17:26 PM

So rather than apologise for causing confusion and annoyance with your irresponsible FUD post you choose to slam some other members of this coin for "hyping"?

1) I'm incredibly excited by this tech. Is it "blind faith" to follow a coin without understanding every line of code or holding a doctorate in computer science?
2) I have tried to create excitement and buzz by expressing my enthusiasm for this project to others. this is what humans do. if that is "hype" then Im guilty.
3) I have tried to understand this tech and help others do so despite my technical limitations. I want to learn more. When I get something wrong I correct it and apologise for any confusion caused.
4) I believe in the abilities and integrity of Ryno and the Team after seeing how they operate for 2 months now

I will not permit your feelings to affect my own expression or curb my enthusiasm for Shadow (no self-censorship). But I will consider them.

p.s. If the Zeuner Report comes out good it's you and me Cage Match style  Grin Cool
p.p.s do you suppose we could hype up the report by calling it the Z-files? LOL. JK.

Bottom line: your support of a coin for it's implementation of a trustless anon protocol without understanding it's inner workings is putting 100% trust in people you do not know.
child_harold

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 01:38:12 PM

Bottom line: your support of a coin for it's implementation of a trustless anon protocol without understanding it's inner workings is putting 100% trust in people you do not know.

I continue to educate myself about its inner workings. How much knowledge must one possess before you'll be satisfied they can support this coin without "blind faith"? Since I don't have a computer science degree I will have to wait on Zeuner. But then perhaps I should get my own crypto degree to check Zeuner's work? After all I shouldn't have to rely on trust, right?

Let me ask you a question. Why do you support this coin?

Wheatclove

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 02:23:00 PM

I continue to educate myself about its inner workings. How much knowledge must one possess before you'll be satisfied they can support this coin without "blind faith"? Since I don't have a computer science degree I will have to wait on Zeuner. But then perhaps I should get my own crypto degree to check Zeuner's work? After all I shouldn't have to rely on trust, right?

Let me ask you a question. Why do you support this coin?

You don't have to understand the cryptography, that's beyond the realm of most human beings. But all of the commands and the functions of the wallet client are fairly simple to understand. That's sufficient enough.

I support this coin because I believe it is progress towards a world where the average human can enjoy privacy with their online communications. Although I despise the name, what the coin has already accomplished is awesome. The wallet is fun for me to open and play with.

I don't want the project to die if the cryptography is found to be weak.  This will happen if it's hyped prematurely and touted as the "anon solution" before having any solid peer reviews. I personally think it should have been open sourced to a closed group of individuals that were qualified to peer review if interested. Hype can completely destroy a coin.
child_harold

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 03:19:11 PM

You don't have to understand the cryptography, that's beyond the realm of most human beings. But all of the commands and the functions of the wallet client are fairly simple to understand. That's sufficient enough.

I support this coin because I believe it is progress towards a world where the average human can enjoy privacy with their online communications. Although I despise the name, what the coin has already accomplished is awesome. The wallet is fun for me to open and play with.

I don't want the project to die if the cryptography is found to be weak.  This will happen if it's hyped prematurely and touted as the "anon solution" before having any solid peer reviews. I personally think it should have been open sourced to a closed group of individuals that were qualified to peer review if interested. Hype can completely destroy a coin.

As I said above:

IF the code passes the review then I feel we have the best anon solution on the market today. IF the "cryptography is found to be weak" then I don't think enthusiasm/hype pre-review would add much more negatively to the price crash which would almost certainly ensue. What are we trading at? Like 5 cents a coin? I think its quite ok if people engage in hopeful/bullish speculation particularly since BTC has been such a heartbreaker lately.

Taking a leap of faith can be a wonderful thing, and sometimes you don't have a choice in the matter.

Thank you for your thoughtful words about privacy and your reasons for supporting this coin.
It seems you might be human after all.

Wink

issie81

Activity: 760

CryptoZilla

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 03:39:22 PM

Is there a date set for the audit?
SebSebastian

Activity: 286
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 04:14:10 PM

Although I despise the name, <snip>

I don't like it either. I don't know how attached everyone else is to it, but to me it sounds like the currency from some shit RPG. Probably won't help with getting wider adoption. The DarkCoin community started talking about changing the name recently, but it would be a lot harder for them now. Might be worth discussing before we're past the point of no return.

ShadowCash     |     ShadowSend     |     ShadowCore     |     ShadowChat    |     ShadowGo     |     ShadowMarket    
Coolstoryteller

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 05:33:58 PM

Thanks everyone who donated to the review! We'll post the results on shadowtalk as soon as as they come in.

If we missed any credit to donators, please post a reply on the sdtalk thread for the review, the amount donated and we'll add you up there.

Insider info: audit fail.

Lol.. Why FUD the project Wheat? Maybe I'm missing the humor in your post, either way it's senseless.

"Buy, sell, trade, chat. Leave nothing but a Shadow." - www.shadow.cash
Wheatclove

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 05:53:42 PM

Thanks everyone who donated to the review! We'll post the results on shadowtalk as soon as as they come in.

If we missed any credit to donators, please post a reply on the sdtalk thread for the review, the amount donated and we'll add you up there.

Insider info: audit fail.

Lol.. Why FUD the project Wheat? Maybe I'm missing the humor in your post, either way it's senseless.

Why not (\/) (',,,,') (\/)!
Pages: « 1 ... 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 [215] 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 ... 612 »
  Print  

Jump to: