Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 06:58:28 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 [216] 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 ... 612 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA  (Read 1289613 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
SebSebastian

Activity: 286
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 07:29:55 PM

On the subject of the name, I started a poll to try to gauge people's opinions on it. I think the current name might harm adoption in the long-term.

Given the amount of work involved in rebranding etc. this is probably the last time that the option of renaming the project can be entertained at all.
There would have to be a pretty sizeable majority for renaming (plus someone would have to come up with a better name) for it to be considered, but either way it's maybe the last chance we'll have to have the discussion, so speak your brains.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=931139.new#new

ShadowCash     |     ShadowSend     |     ShadowCore     |     ShadowChat    |     ShadowGo     |     ShadowMarket    
Automatic Monkey

Activity: 503
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 07:37:59 PM

[

You don't have to understand the cryptography, that's beyond the realm of most human beings. But all of the commands and the functions of the wallet client are fairly simple to understand. That's sufficient enough.

I support this coin because I believe it is progress towards a world where the average human can enjoy privacy with their online communications. Although I despise the name, what the coin has already accomplished is awesome. The wallet is fun for me to open and play with.

I don't want the project to die if the cryptography is found to be weak.  This will happen if it's hyped prematurely and touted as the "anon solution" before having any solid peer reviews. I personally think it should have been open sourced to a closed group of individuals that were qualified to peer review if interested. Hype can completely destroy a coin.

The cryptography is hashing algorithms used by many other coins and applications. It's not weak.

if what you mean is the privacy of the zk outputs, sure, but isn't that already available to everyone? Everyone can see the blockchain, everyone can generate a Shadow output with the wallet. Do you see your output on the blockchain? Auditing the code itself is something different, a good auditor is going to be looking for things that can be construed as malware, things that can cause the coin to break, things that are not actually doing what they claim to be doing from the perspective of a user.

By the way, when you say things like there's inside information of an audit fail, you are disparaging the auditor more than the coin. If Zeuner couldn't be trusted to not do things like leak inside information, he would have no value and no respect as an auditor. That's why it came across as a bit of a dick move.

Try ShadowCash, the first coin with instant and decentralized private transactions!
SDC address: SUPERMAN8eDvcPL6RWYMVwtPzUtqWi2zCr
Wallet Private Key: 7S6fJBEzXqJuuGCvEPcgBSbd5wmjVTvDj7591gNKcTmS7X47e98
child_harold

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 08:46:39 PM
Last edit: January 20, 2015, 11:08:09 PM by child_harold

On the subject of the name, I started a poll to try to gauge people's opinions on it. I think the current name might harm adoption in the long-term.

Given the amount of work involved in rebranding etc. this is probably the last time that the option of renaming the project can be entertained at all.
There would have to be a pretty sizeable majority for renaming (plus someone would have to come up with a better name) for it to be considered, but either way it's maybe the last chance we'll have to have the discussion, so speak your brains.

bump

I like the name Shadow. Not as keen on the "Cash" part, altho it explains the usage. I guess if I heard a better name I could be swayed. Really cant imagine what that could be tho. hard to vote yes before hearing something better.

EDIT: Since this coin has encrypted messaging and will have an in wallet store/market, voice and file uploads and who knows what else in the future, we are less a coin and more a network. The "cash" is only one part.

If we rename to "Shadow" we express the broader scope of this coin/network.

(Kinda like when "Apple Computer" changed its name simply to "Apple")

so… shadowcash, shadowsend, shadowchat, shdowbay, shadowvoice etc etc all fall under the purview of Shadow, an elegant and simple to market brand.

Automatic Monkey

Activity: 503

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 12:09:55 AM

bump

I like the name Shadow. Not as keen on the "Cash" part, altho it explains the usage. I guess if I heard a better name I could be swayed. Really cant imagine what that could be tho. hard to vote yes before hearing something better.

EDIT: Since this coin has encrypted messaging and will have an in wallet store/market, voice and file uploads and who knows what else in the future, we are less a coin and more a network. The "cash" is only one part.

so… shadowcash, shadowsend, shadowchat, shdowbay, shadowvoice etc etc all fall under the purview of Shadow, an elegant and simple to market brand.

I'm considering setting up an anonymous fax service using Shadow. But I have no idea what I could call it!

Try ShadowCash, the first coin with instant and decentralized private transactions!
SDC address: SUPERMAN8eDvcPL6RWYMVwtPzUtqWi2zCr
Wallet Private Key: 7S6fJBEzXqJuuGCvEPcgBSbd5wmjVTvDj7591gNKcTmS7X47e98
ozkraut

Activity: 522
Merit: 266

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 01:17:25 AM

bump

I'm considering setting up an anonymous fax service using Shadow. But I have no idea what I could call it!

LOL...Smeagle Huh

Monero - Wir sind die Leute vor denen uns unsere Eltern gewarnt haben!
Cornett

Activity: 700

★ IT's Party Time! ★

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 01:19:58 AM

bump

LOL...Smeagle Huh

Shadowfax  Cool

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████▄▄
░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄░░░░░███████████▄▄
░▄▄██████████████▄▄███████████████▄
░▀▀██████████████▀▀░░░▀▀████████████
██▄▄▀▀██████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████
██████▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀███
████████░░░░░▄▄███████▄▄░░░░░███▄▄░░▀
████████░░░███████████████░░░███████▄
░░▀▀████░░░░░▀▀███████▀▀░░░░░████████
██▄▄░░▀▀░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░████████
██████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄▀▀███
██████████▄▄░░░░▄▄██████████████▄▄
██████████████▄▄▀▀██████████████▀▀
░░▀▀████████████░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
░░░░░░▀▀████████░░░░░░░░▀▀
░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀██
OATH

████▀
███▀  ▀
██▀  ▀
█▀  ▀
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
█▄  ▄
██▄  ▄
███▄  ▄
████▄

▀████
▀  ▀███
▀  ▀██
▀  ▀█
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
▄  ▄█
▄  ▄██
▄  ▄███
▄████

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
████████       ████████ █
████████ ██   ████████ ██
████████ ███ ████████ ███
████████ ████ ██████ ████
████████ █████ ████ █████
████████ ▀█████ ██ ██████
████████    ▀▀██  ███████
▀███████         ▀███████
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀
erok

Activity: 896

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 01:57:43 PM

bump

LOL...Smeagle Huh

Shadowfax  Cool
GTFO anonymous faxing service what the fucking fuck. Why not just setup a pptp vpn service like cloak did when it died for fucks sake.

"the destruction of privacy widens the existing power imbalance between the ruling factions and everyone else" -- Julian Assange
child_harold

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 02:10:14 PM

bump

LOL...Smeagle Huh

Shadowfax  Cool
GTFO anonymous faxing service what the fucking fuck. Why not just setup a pptp vpn service like cloak did when it died for fucks sake.

I think the above was more an example of a Shadow network service name using the Shadow brand.
In actual fact Shadowfax is the name of Gandalf's horse in LOTR  Cool

Shadow

Since this coin has encrypted messaging and will have an in wallet store/market, voice and file uploads and who knows what else in the future, we are less a coin and more a network. The Shadow network. The "cash" is only one part.
If we rename to Shadow we express the broader scope of this coin/network.

erok

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 02:15:23 PM

bump

LOL...Smeagle Huh

Shadowfax  Cool

I think the above was more an example of a Shadow network service name using the Shadow brand.
In actual fact Shadowfax is the name of Gandalf's horse in LOTR  Cool

so… shadowcash, shadowsend, shadowchat, shadowbay, shadowvoice etc etc all fall under the purview of Shadow, an elegant and simple to market brand.
Oh I see, I am a stupid.

"the destruction of privacy widens the existing power imbalance between the ruling factions and everyone else" -- Julian Assange
anonEmouse

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 05:02:30 PM

Oh I see, I am a stupid.

erok

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 07:15:04 PM

lol indeed. Also, I like shadow as it originally was. I think it depicts the target market perfectly.

child_harold

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 01:14:57 PM

I really agree, I don't feel too confident in coinjoin schemes, or master nodes.  Zero knowledge is where its at.  The video left a bad taste in my mouth.  It gave the opinion of someone simply trying to sell their coin. He wouldn't even acknowledge the value of zero knowledge solutions. Instead it was his job to criticize any competition as best he can, and tell you don't look there, buy DRK instead.

When/if a usable zk solution is found some day and implemented, we can assess its value.

It's been found and implemented and you're looking at it. It's usable and easy-to-use. Ready for anon B2B. No need to take my word for it: the Zeuner Report will be in soon…

I believe search and implementation is still ongoing:

...we have said on a few occasions that we will only be utilising a basic nizkp until zk-snarks is fully out and trustless.

I'm afraid you failing to taking into account that ryno was referring to ZK-Snarks lack of ability to be setup in a trustless manner, not NIZKP (Non-Interactive Zero Knowledge Proofs) which is in use in ShadowSend v2 and is trustless.

Since that post by ryno the guys working on ZK-Snarks figured out a trustless setup which is promising if SDC decide to take this route in the future. Info here: https://twitter.com/SDLerner/status/548205708236566530

Just to clarify for you.

When/if a usable zk solution is found some day and implemented, we can assess its value.

A zero knowledge solution has been found, it is being assessed by a qualified auditor. Lets await the results.

bump

child_harold

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 01:21:35 PM

As Seb points out in the post below, using the name Shadow had always been the intention.
(this is quoted from the voting thread at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=931139.new#new )

Perhaps we could use the word Shadow somehow in the thread subject title?

e.g. ⋆⋆⋆ [SDC] Shadow | ShadowSend v2 IS ALIVE ! ** MANDATORY WALLET UPGRADE! ⋆⋆⋆
or   ⋆⋆⋆ [SDC] Shadow | ShadowCash | ShadowSend v2 IS ALIVE ! ** MANDATORY WALLET UPGRADE! ⋆⋆⋆

?

One of the first things i said in the SDC thread when i discovered it was the name was not real good, i like shadowcash a lot more the shadowcoin but i just can't see shadowcash on a billboard etc i have one idea.

eclipse: To make dim or indistinct:

That's a cool name. If we had a do-over I'd probably vote for that over Shadow.

Shadow

Since this coin has encrypted messaging and will have an in wallet store/market, voice and file uploads and who knows what else in the future, we are less a coin and more a network. The Shadow network. The "cash" is only one part.

What you've described is pretty much what we've got going at the moment. The currency just gets emphasized because it's the main element (at least for now).

Want to change your vote?  Wink

As it stands there's 11 for, 8 against - doesn't seem to be strong feelings either way so looks like Shadow we'll stay. Another one I kinda like is the one that Pline suggested above: Shades. What're now SDC could be Lytes and the anon tokens could be Shades. Maybe next time.

Thanks for your input y'all.

marcar

Activity: 251
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 07:21:20 PM

What wallet is the right wallet to use? the one i found is 1.2.0.1 is that correct?
SebSebastian

Activity: 286

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 07:25:08 PM

What wallet is the right wallet to use? the one i found is 1.2.0.1 is that correct?

We're on 1.3.0.6 now. Hard fork after the last update so you'll need to upgrade.

Unless it's one of the mobile wallets, in which case they'll be updated soon.

ShadowCash     |     ShadowSend     |     ShadowCore     |     ShadowChat    |     ShadowGo     |     ShadowMarket    
Pline

Activity: 448

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 10:02:44 PM

Looks like they updated the main website: http://shadow.cash/

Did I see that right, marketplace is already 80% done? Or is it just the first phase of the marketplace is 80% complete?
marcar

Activity: 251

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 10:03:34 PM

Thank you  Smiley  Grin
 do you know about how long it takes to sync?
Pline

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 10:05:01 PM

Thank you  Smiley  Grin
 do you know about how long it takes to sync?

You can use this bootstrap file to make syncing time go much faster.  Info here: http://shadowtalk.org/topic/308/bootstrap-instructions
Pline

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 10:19:18 PM

Woah, we have a cool new video too, check it out:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWEzGs2YJtM
Coolstoryteller

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 10:36:59 PM

Looks like they updated the main website: http://shadow.cash/

Did I see that right, marketplace is already 80% done? Or is it just the first phase of the marketplace is 80% complete?

That's just the first phase (design), after revisions/feedback from designs we'll start with front end dev.

"Buy, sell, trade, chat. Leave nothing but a Shadow." - www.shadow.cash
Pages: « 1 ... 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 [216] 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 ... 612 »
  Print  

Jump to: