Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 06:26:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 [217] 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 ... 612 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA  (Read 1289614 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Automatic Monkey

Activity: 503
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 10:42:23 PM

"Shadow" or some form of it is pretty good. It denotes the clandestine features of the coin without being sinister. People will call them "shads" which is easy.

Got to remember that the majority of the users of the coin ultimately will not be part of geek or web culture. What resonates with you will not with them. Think about some young guy strutting down the streets of Lagos talking on a phone making a deal for someone to send him an untaxed case of Scotch for his underground nightclub. There's your user, what words make sense to him?

Try ShadowCash, the first coin with instant and decentralized private transactions!
SDC address: SUPERMAN8eDvcPL6RWYMVwtPzUtqWi2zCr
Wallet Private Key: 7S6fJBEzXqJuuGCvEPcgBSbd5wmjVTvDj7591gNKcTmS7X47e98
fearcoka
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 11:50:19 PM

Good video I liked it.

Maybe the dubstep is a little much though.

Just Nao Tomori and Bitcoin ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Coolstoryteller

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 12:21:38 AM

Good video I liked it.

Thanks fearcoka, I made the video a couple weeks ago.. we can always swap out the music later if its too grimey Cheesy still need to upload it to the main youtube channel for shadow..

Jimmies and Crz pimped out the shadowsend slideshow too: http://www.slideshare.net/shadowcash/presentation3-43827434

"Buy, sell, trade, chat. Leave nothing but a Shadow." - www.shadow.cash
fearcoka
Legendary

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 12:23:25 AM

Good video I liked it.

Thanks fearcoka, it's just a draft we can always swap out the music later.

Jimmies and Crz pimped out the shadowsend slideshow too: http://www.slideshare.net/shadowcash/presentation3-43827434

Ou this is very neat. Keep up the good work!

Pline

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 12:31:30 AM

Good video I liked it.

Thanks fearcoka, I made the video a couple weeks ago.. we can always swap out the music later if its too grimey Cheesy still need to upload it to the main youtube channel for shadow..

I have question about slide #6, from transcript:
The Shadow tokens (SDT) are sent to dual-key stealth addresses which removes the link between the parties. it is not possible to determine which tokens have been spent, so all tokens remain in the Hodrchain as spendable outputs available as members 0! ring signatures for other token spends.

Also slide 10:  
An ever increasing pool of outputs (tokens) are available in the ring signature The tokens remain in the system increasing the outputs for available ring signatures but cannot be used to create any new SDC without a traceable ring. Between 3-200 tokens of each value (ormsa member of a ring signature, which prevents anyone from knowing which token was spent or who signed the transaction.

Doesn't this mean that it would be helpful for the network if we transfer from SDC to Shadow and back to SDC many times?  The more times we go back and forth, then the more available outputs, which helps the anonymity of the network?  I believe many people tried to help the network by transferring their SDC to Shadow and leaving it in Shadow, but would it be more helpful if they transfer back and forth many times?  Also would a bot be helpful for increasing the anonymous outputs?
Coolstoryteller

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 12:38:25 AM

The Shadow tokens (SDT) are sent to dual-key stealth addresses which removes the link between the parties. it is not possible to determine which tokens have been spent, so all tokens remain in the Hodrchain as spendable outputs available as members 0! ring signatures for other token spends.

Also slide 10:  
An ever increasing pool of outputs (tokens) are available in the ring signature The tokens remain in the system increasing the outputs for available ring signatures but cannot be used to create any new SDC without a traceable ring. Between 3-200 tokens of each value (ormsa member of a ring signature, which prevents anyone from knowing which token was spent or who signed the transaction.

Doesn't this mean that it would be helpful for the network if we transfer from SDC to Shadow and back to SDC many times?  The more times we go back and forth, then the more available outputs, which helps the anonymity of the network?  I believe many people tried to help the network by transferring their SDC to Shadow and leaving it in Shadow, but would it be more helpful if they transfer back and forth many times?  Also would a bot be helpful for increasing the anonymous outputs?

From my understanding of the system it would be more beneficial to create more outputs then put it back into SDC versus holding Shadow.

A) Shadow doesn't stake so the more people holding onto shadow the less people that are staking

B) It creates a larger pool of tokens for future shadowsends

Pline

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 12:49:48 AM

Also slide 10:  

From my understanding of the system it would be more beneficial to create more outputs then put it back into SDC versus holding Shadow.

A) Shadow doesn't stake so the more people holding onto shadow the less people that are staking

B) It creates a larger pool of tokens for future shadowsends

Thank you, that clarifies it then.  People should then know that if they want to help the network the most, don't just leave your coins in Shadow.  Keep changing into Shadow and back to SDC and back to Shadow many times to create more anonymous outputs.
Coolstoryteller

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 12:52:53 AM

Thank you, that clarifies it then.  People should then know that if they want to help the network the most, don't just leave your coins in Shadow.  Keep changing into Shadow and back to SDC and back to Shadow many times to create more anonymous outputs.

No problem, anytime.

Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 03:08:12 AM

Interested in this project. How does the proof of stake work? Are people selected deterministically but unpredictably like in NXT or does it use something more like coindays like peercoin or something else? Was the mining process open and transparent? Was there an ipo or was it all mined? Was there any premine? Do messages go on the blockchain? If so are they there for ever or have the devs figured out some sort of method of pruning messages while keeping transactions? More questions to come but this should do for starters. I've been waiting to see POS cryptonote since im a big fan of both Smiley.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
svojoe
Legendary

Activity: 968

einc.io

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 04:01:03 AM

Interested in this project. How does the proof of stake work? Are people selected deterministically but unpredictably like in NXT or does it use something more like coindays like peercoin or something else? Was the mining process open and transparent? Was there an ipo or was it all mined? Was there any premine? Do messages go on the blockchain? If so are they there for ever or have the devs figured out some sort of method of pruning messages while keeping transactions? More questions to come but this should do for starters. I've been waiting to see POS cryptonote since im a big fan of both Smiley.

Hey Anon136!     You still have my escrow for EXO, (is it ever going to happen!? ha!)

I was here at or very near ground floor.  I mined this coin 2/3rd of its launch.   It had no premine and no IPO,  It was just a good 'old' fashioned short-term POW phase.   During PoW it was getting a lot of attention, had a price swell, then lull and shortly after the PoW the 'buzz' died down on the streets and the devs have been grinding along since and have created what I think is the most underrated project in crypto by a long shot.

There have been a lot of comparison with Cryptonote but I think they have been both flattering and also have missed the pile of tech brings to bear ontop of also using Ring signatures.   This coin is convertible on the fly, between block-chain traceable and Anon (the best anon solution?) and back again bringing the strengths of each to bear.

Someone who is better with the technicals will jump in quick I hope!

4M8B

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 11:21:40 AM
Last edit: January 24, 2015, 12:01:32 PM by 4M8B

Good video I liked it.

+1 Cool, website is also very cool, only little thing ... Would be nice to see the ShadowProject, Bluepill and Roadmap to flyby fully but very nice imo
oddwh

Activity: 854
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 11:51:37 AM

Hello guys !

Does someone know here how to get the GUI on linux ?

I finished compiling my executable (first time yeah !), but I only can use my wallets with commands.

Thanks  Smiley

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄
     ▄██▀▀             ▀▀██▄
    ██▀                   ▀██
   █▌                       ▐█
  █▌                         ▐█
 ▐█            ▄▄▄            █▌
 ██         ▄██▀▀▀██▄         ██
 ▄         ▐█▌     ▐█▌         ▄
███        █▌       ▐█        ███
 ▀   █▄    ▐█▌     ▐█▌    ▄█   ▀
   █▄  █▄   ▀██▄▄▄██▀   ▄█  ▄█
    ▀█   █▄    ▀▀▀    ▄█   █▀
      █▄   █▄       ▄█   ▄█
       ██    █  ▄  █    ██
         █▄    ███    ▄█
          ██    ▀    ██
            █▄  █  ▄█
             ██ █ ██
                ▄
               ███
                ▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄████████████▄
    ▄████████████████▄
   ████████████████████
  ██████████████████████
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████████████▌▀▀▀   ▀▀▀
 ████████████████████████
  ██████████████████████
   ██▀████████████▀██
    ▀██▀▀██████▀▀██▀
      ▀████████████▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        
▄████████████▄     
▄████████████████▄   
████████████████████  
██████████████████████ 
 ████████████████████████
▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▐████████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
██████████████████████ 
████████████████████  
▀████████████████▀   
▀████████████▀     
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        
4M8B

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 12:06:08 PM

Hello guys !

I finished compiling my executable (first time yeah !), but I only can use my wallets with commands.

Thanks  Smiley

Download QtCreator and you can compile with the shadow.pro file from the main git directory... This will compile the Gui
oddwh

Activity: 854
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 01:37:03 PM

Hello guys !

Thanks  Smiley

Download QtCreator and you can compile with the shadow.pro file from the main git directory... This will compile the Gui

Oh okay, thanks  Wink I'll try this

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄
     ▄██▀▀             ▀▀██▄
    ██▀                   ▀██
   █▌                       ▐█
  █▌                         ▐█
 ▐█            ▄▄▄            █▌
 ██         ▄██▀▀▀██▄         ██
 ▄         ▐█▌     ▐█▌         ▄
███        █▌       ▐█        ███
 ▀   █▄    ▐█▌     ▐█▌    ▄█   ▀
   █▄  █▄   ▀██▄▄▄██▀   ▄█  ▄█
    ▀█   █▄    ▀▀▀    ▄█   █▀
      █▄   █▄       ▄█   ▄█
       ██    █  ▄  █    ██
         █▄    ███    ▄█
          ██    ▀    ██
            █▄  █  ▄█
             ██ █ ██
                ▄
               ███
                ▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄████████████▄
    ▄████████████████▄
   ████████████████████
  ██████████████████████
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌▀▀▀   ▀▀▀
 ████████████████████████
  ██████████████████████
   ██▀████████████▀██
    ▀██▀▀██████▀▀██▀
      ▀████████████▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        
▄████████████▄     
▄████████████████▄   
████████████████████  
██████████████████████ 
 ████████████████████████
▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▐████████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
██████████████████████ 
████████████████████  
▀████████████████▀   
▀████████████▀     
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        
fearcoka
Legendary

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 06:07:18 PM

This is the most undervalued coin in the market by a mile

newb4now

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 06:09:30 PM

Don't say that! Keep things quiet in order to give people more time to buy cheap SDC before the code review comes out

According to the roadmap there may be a new mobile wallet update coming soon too!
fearcoka
Legendary

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 06:11:21 PM

Don't say that! Keep things quiet in order to give people more time to buy cheap SDC before the code review comes out

We've had enough time to buy cheap SDC

Pline

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 12:27:46 AM

I think Cryptsy is causing some problems and scaring investors away.  I had some friends I told about ShadowCash, then later they said they checked it out on Cryptsy and volume was nothing and the wallet was in maintenance so they didn't buy.  They thought the coin was broken or something.  I had to tell them no no Cryptsy just sucks, go to Bittrex instead.

It sucks pretty bad, the wallet on Cryptsy has been in maintenance at least since January 1st, and it was broken for a week or two before that also.  It only worked for a brief moment for like 1 day.  I e-mailed them a bunch of times, and contacted them in the chat and they just ignored me.  I told them if it is a sync issue to go to the console and do the "rewindchain 249000" trick.  I also asked them to just de-list the coin if they can't fix it, because they are giving Shadow a bad name.  But I just get ignored.  Maybe a dev could have better luck contacting them.
Blazin604

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 01:42:24 AM

I think Cryptsy is causing some problems and scaring investors away.  I had some friends I told about ShadowCash, then later they said they checked it out on Cryptsy and volume was nothing and the wallet was in maintenance so they didn't buy.  They thought the coin was broken or something.  I had to tell them no no Cryptsy just sucks, go to Bittrex instead.

It sucks pretty bad, the wallet on Cryptsy has been in maintenance at least since January 1st, and it was broken for a week or two before that also.  It only worked for a brief moment for like 1 day.  I e-mailed them a bunch of times, and contacted them in the chat and they just ignored me.  I told them if it is a sync issue to go to the console and do the "rewindchain 249000" trick.  I also asked them to just de-list the coin if they can't fix it, because they are giving Shadow a bad name.  But I just get ignored.  Maybe a dev could have better luck contacting them.

I JUST had this problem 30mins ago...I switched to Bittrex....very impressed with this coin and so sad I didn't hop on the bandwagon earlier ...   1 year from now what do you guys see 1 SDC being worth??

Blazin604

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 01:55:06 AM

Who is reviewing the code and who will announce the results? Can you link any sources ?  1 year from now what do you guys see 1 SDC being worth??

Pages: « 1 ... 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 [217] 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 ... 612 »
  Print  

Jump to: