Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 11:38:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 [219] 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 ... 612 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA  (Read 1289611 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Blazin604

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 08:52:02 PM

This is the most undervalued coin in the market by a mile

Don't say that! Keep things quiet in order to give people more time to buy cheap SDC before the code review comes out

We've had enough time to buy cheap SDC

^this

WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THE WALLET ? WILL NOT SYNC! I HAVE SDC ON CRYPSY AND I CANNOT REMOVE IT FROM THE EXCHANGE? WHAT IS GOING ON? This needs to be FIXED ASAP. This kind of shit drives people away from these coins. Get your asses to work and lets get shit rolling before we are left in the dust.

Yeah Cryptsy is aweful.  Their wallet has been broken all year long.  User Mullick there is supposed to fix the wallet but they just ignore.  There was a fork or something a while back and some people had syncing issues including me.  To fix it you can just go to the wallet click on help, then debug window.  Then click console and type rewindchain 249000.  Then press enter and wait, and it will re-sync.  This worked for me.  I think Cryptsy just doesn't realize that Shadow has decent volume on other exchanges like Bittrex. They told me Shadow is not a priority.  Its pretty annoying, I wish they would just de-list the coin.  Maybe if others e-mail them too, then they will get their act together, but they just seem to ignore me.  Cryptsy is turning a lot of investors away who think the coin is broken because its in maintenance.  I bet if Cryptsy worked, the price would be over 30K satoshi right now.

I just had words with those fools. what a joke of an exchange anyways. I will take my money to Bittrex much more professional. Where do you see the MAX possible price of 1 SDC being if this project reaches its FULL potential ?

Pline

Activity: 448

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 08:54:01 PM

Don't say that! Keep things quiet in order to give people more time to buy cheap SDC before the code review comes out

^this

WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THE WALLET ? WILL NOT SYNC! I HAVE SDC ON CRYPSY AND I CANNOT REMOVE IT FROM THE EXCHANGE? WHAT IS GOING ON? This needs to be FIXED ASAP. This kind of shit drives people away from these coins. Get your asses to work and lets get shit rolling before we are left in the dust.

Yeah Cryptsy is aweful.  Their wallet has been broken all year long.  User Mullick there is supposed to fix the wallet but they just ignore.  There was a fork or something a while back and some people had syncing issues including me.  To fix it you can just go to the wallet click on help, then debug window.  Then click console and type rewindchain 249000.  Then press enter and wait, and it will re-sync.  This worked for me.  I think Cryptsy just doesn't realize that Shadow has decent volume on other exchanges like Bittrex. They told me Shadow is not a priority.  Its pretty annoying, I wish they would just de-list the coin.  Maybe if others e-mail them too, then they will get their act together, but they just seem to ignore me.  Cryptsy is turning a lot of investors away who think the coin is broken because its in maintenance.  I bet if Cryptsy worked, the price would be over 30K satoshi right now.

I just had words with those fools. what a joke of an exchange anyways. I will take my money to Bittrex much more professional. Where do you see the MAX possible price of 1 SDC being if this project reaches its FULL potential ?

Yeah I would stay away from Craptsy.  Even if they get it fixed, I am too scared to add any volume there for SDC and risk getting my coins locked up for months.  As for the price, FULL potential would mean being on the moon my friend, LOL.
child_harold

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 09:02:27 PM
Last edit: January 25, 2015, 09:31:36 PM by child_harold

Respect your style.

You know what? Im a'gonna give Craptsy a piece of my mind too**…
FAO: CRYPTSY. Sort ur shit out

Tweet incoming………  Angry Wink

p/s ultimately its their loss…

**EDIT: Done ; RT if u feel… https://twitter.com/streamuse1/status/559459231251042304

p.p.s

Where do you see the MAX possible price of 1 SDC being if this project reaches its FULL potential ?

LOL. There is no precedent to determine the MAX value for a unit of Shadow: Lets's take BTC's ATH as a start. I call $1000/sdc = $7 billion market cap.

Am I crazy? perhaps…

And yet SDC/Shadow answers al the current probs of BTC:

namely;

1) low inflation (less than ~2%, BTC currently at ~10%)
2) anon transactions (shadowsend)
3) a pos network (pow networks are IMO more prone to disaster)
4) secure comms (shadowchat)

+++ more

Pline

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 09:31:33 PM

I have question about slide #6, from transcript:
The Shadow tokens (SDT) are sent to dual-key stealth addresses which removes the link between the parties. it is not possible to determine which tokens have been spent, so all tokens remain in the Hodrchain as spendable outputs available as members 0! ring signatures for other token spends.

Also slide 10:  
An ever increasing pool of outputs (tokens) are available in the ring signature The tokens remain in the system increasing the outputs for available ring signatures but cannot be used to create any new SDC without a traceable ring. Between 3-200 tokens of each value (ormsa member of a ring signature, which prevents anyone from knowing which token was spent or who signed the transaction.

Doesn't this mean that it would be helpful for the network if we transfer from SDC to Shadow and back to SDC many times?  The more times we go back and forth, then the more available outputs, which helps the anonymity of the network?  I believe many people tried to help the network by transferring their SDC to Shadow and leaving it in Shadow, but would it be more helpful if they transfer back and forth many times?  Also would a bot be helpful for increasing the anonymous outputs?

From my understanding of the system it would be more beneficial to create more outputs then put it back into SDC versus holding Shadow.

A) Shadow doesn't stake so the more people holding onto shadow the less people that are staking

B) It creates a larger pool of tokens for future shadowsends

Thank you, that clarifies it then.  People should then know that if they want to help the network the most, don't just leave your coins in Shadow.  Keep changing into Shadow and back to SDC and back to Shadow many times to create more anonymous outputs.

Hey child_harold, did you see this part of the thread?  Coolstoryteller, along with the slide presentation on the new website seem to suggest that leaving your coins in Shadow may not be the total best thing for the network, although its still helpful.  Actually it seems if you change from SDC to Shadow and then back to SDC, those anonymous outputs remain forever.  So it seems the most help we can do for the network is transfer back and forth between Shadow and SDC many times.  Every time we do it, it makes more anonymous outputs that remain forever.

Also good on the tweet.  I will light Craptsy up in the trollbox later too, starting Monday when I know user Mullick will be in there.
child_harold

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 09:38:41 PM

Hey child_harold, did you see this part of the thread?  Coolstoryteller, along with the slide presentation on the new website seem to suggest that leaving your coins in Shadow may not be the total best thing for the network, although its still helpful.  Actually it seems if you change from SDC to Shadow and then back to SDC, those anonymous outputs remain forever.  So it seems the most help we can do to the network is transfer back and forth between Shadow and SDC many times.  Every time we do it, it makes more anonymous outputs that remain forever.

Also good on the tweet.  I will light Craptsy up in the trollbox later too, starting Monday when I know user Mullick will be in there.

Yup . I saw. But hard to believe it… (unless a core dev confirms)
Having 50% shadow and 50% SDC i always assumed was optimal balance.

Irregardless step 1 always involves converting SDC > Shadow…

Shadows are the networks anon tokens… we NEED more

currently @~330k/6.5million (i.e. ~4%)

^not good enuff… more Shadow

Pline

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 09:46:59 PM

Hey child_harold, did you see this part of the thread?  Coolstoryteller, along with the slide presentation on the new website seem to suggest that leaving your coins in Shadow may not be the total best thing for the network, although its still helpful.  Actually it seems if you change from SDC to Shadow and then back to SDC, those anonymous outputs remain forever.  So it seems the most help we can do to the network is transfer back and forth between Shadow and SDC many times.  Every time we do it, it makes more anonymous outputs that remain forever.

Shadows are the networks anon tokens… we NEED more

Ok well I guess the jury is still out then Smiley

But I think you are right its still important to have a large pool of Shadow.  It will still help guard against certain attacks against anonymity on the network if there is a large pool of Shadow to blend transactions in with.
child_harold

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 10:04:57 PM
Last edit: January 25, 2015, 10:22:27 PM by child_harold

But I think you are right its still important to have a large pool of Shadow.  It will still help guard against certain attacks against anonymity on the network if there is a large pool of Shadow to blend transactions in with.

Wink

Ive been wrong b4 and Ill be wrong again.

However we can both be right:

SDC>Shadow>SDC>Shadow>SDC>Shadow>SDC>etc etc ad infinitum will (over time) create a system which is more "FUN"

whilst SDC > Shadow is all the while desirable  Cool

YES.
-more anon I/O (i.e. Shadow) = good
-more Shadow = less SDC

SO.
with only 2% pos interest and a decreasing supply of staking SDC (long live anon i.e. Shadow) is this the only deflationary crypto-currency atm?

hmmmm…

Blazin604

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 10:41:59 PM
Last edit: January 25, 2015, 10:56:42 PM by Blazin604

Wink

SDC>Shadow>SDC>Shadow>SDC>Shadow>SDC>etc etc ad infinitum will (over time) create a system which is more "FUN"

YES.
-more Shadow = less SDC

SO.
with only 2% pos interest and a decreasing supply of staking SDC (long live anon i.e. Shadow) is this the only deflationary crypto-currency atm?

hmmmm…

So youre saying when I get my SDC convert it into SHADOW and then re convert that SHADOW back into SDC?  or keep 50/50 split? Also there should be some refinements made to the Shadow website I cant read everything while I am scrolling up and down. As well as shadowtalk.org if possible you should make it look similar to bitcointalk.org in terms of the theme it will look better. When is shadybay launching?

Pline

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 10:55:39 PM

Wink

YES.
-more Shadow = less SDC

SO.

hmmmm…

So youre saying when I get my SDC convert it into SHADOW and then re convert that SHADOW back into SDC?  or keep 50/50 split?

I think it really depends what your goals are.  Its good for the network to make transfers many times between Shadow and SDC.  Its also good for the network to leave a portion or % of your holdings in Shadow.  But its also good for the network to be staking your coins, which requires SDC.  You cannot stake Shadow, you can only stake SDC.  A healthy network will have a good balance of all of these things.  So perhaps if you plan to leave your coins offline and not stake, then you may convert a higher % into Shadow.  If you want to stake your coins to receive 2% annually then you may want a high % of your coins in SDC.

Also as a note, sometimes you will run into errors when trying to convert Shadow back to SDC, it will say not enough available anonymous outputs of that ring size.  You can fiddle with the ring size and the amount of Shadow you are changing to SDC to get it to work.  As the network grows this will become less of a problem.  By converting many times between Shadow and SDC, we increase the available anonymous outputs making the network solve this problem better over time.
child_harold

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 11:33:24 PM

Wink

YES.
-more Shadow = less SDC

SO.

hmmmm…

So youre saying when I get my SDC convert it into SHADOW and then re convert that SHADOW back into SDC?  or keep 50/50 split? Also there should be some refinements made to the Shadow website I cant read everything while I am scrolling up and down. As well as shadowtalk.org if possible you should make it look similar to bitcointalk.org in terms of the theme it will look better. When is shadybay launching?

Yes. IMO. 50/50

in other words…

Until Ryno tells us otherwise I will abide this ancient Chinese info-graphic Wink

personally i like the whole light side/dark side thang we got goin' on here Cheesy

Automatic Monkey

Activity: 503
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 01:22:03 AM

I think once we get the Shady Bay up and running and have some real commerce done with the coin we'll know a lot better where the improvements need to be. We'll know how much Shadow vs. SDC we need, and what extra communication features the wallet will need to facilitate sales.

Something I've always wanted to see in a wallet is an encrypted shipping info form. You would have fields for an item number, your name and address, and the transaction identifier would be automatically added such that the shipping info would be semi-permanently attached to the coin transaction. Without that a guy who is selling a lot of stuff can get confusion as to what he is expected to send to whom after the payment.

Try ShadowCash, the first coin with instant and decentralized private transactions!
SDC address: SUPERMAN8eDvcPL6RWYMVwtPzUtqWi2zCr
Wallet Private Key: 7S6fJBEzXqJuuGCvEPcgBSbd5wmjVTvDj7591gNKcTmS7X47e98
Blazin604

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 01:37:01 AM

I think once we get the Shady Bay up and running and have some real commerce done with the coin we'll know a lot better where the improvements need to be. We'll know how much Shadow vs. SDC we need, and what extra communication features the wallet will need to facilitate sales.

Something I've always wanted to see in a wallet is an encrypted shipping info form. You would have fields for an item number, your name and address, and the transaction identifier would be automatically added such that the shipping info would be semi-permanently attached to the coin transaction. Without that a guy who is selling a lot of stuff can get confusion as to what he is expected to send to whom after the payment.

We should have some kind of massive chatbox or irc type deal in the wallets...that would be cool so everyone on the ShadowNET can talk and collaborate with one another. As well as PM people. This should all be built into the wallet. ShadyBay should also be in the wallet. If this happens shadowcash will go to the moon

systh

Activity: 390
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 02:17:17 AM

We should have some kind of massive chatbox or irc type deal in the wallets...that would be cool so everyone on the ShadowNET can talk and collaborate with one another. As well as PM people. This should all be built into the wallet. ShadyBay should also be in the wallet. If this happens shadowcash will go to the moon

You know that encrypted peer2peer messaging is already implemented in wallet, right? It might not be exactly groupchat, but for PMs it's enough.

And ShadyBay (huh, we're going with this name now?) will be in wallet as well. Check out the designs.

SNOVio – Decentralized Lead Generation  |   Telegram  |   Facebook
Automatic Monkey

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 02:22:09 AM

You know that encrypted peer2peer messaging is already implemented in wallet, right? It might not be exactly groupchat, but for PMs it's enough.

And ShadyBay (huh, we're going with this name now?) will be in wallet as well. Check out the designs.

Yes I was aware of that. One of the problems with the P2P messaging as it exists now is it's semi-volatile, will disappear in 48 hours if the recipient has not had his wallet online. This is probably not a good idea for commerce.

Try ShadowCash, the first coin with instant and decentralized private transactions!
Blazin604

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 02:28:43 AM

Yes I was aware of that. One of the problems with the P2P messaging as it exists now is it's semi-volatile, will disappear in 48 hours if the recipient has not had his wallet online. This is probably not a good idea for commerce.

the i2p network idea sounds cool what is that exactly ? If we do implement this can we put in a group IRC chat in there as well ?

dadon
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2015, 03:25:09 AM

the i2p network idea sounds cool what is that exactly ? If we do implement this can we put in a group IRC chat in there as well ?
http://www.shadowtalk.org/topic/310/a-shadow-social-network-built-into-the-wallet/2
Automatic Monkey

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 06:10:48 AM

Isn't IRC already reasonably secure? 20 years ago it was a pretty rough place.

For shadowy-type stuff secure 1-on-1 communication might be more useful. For business it will allow you to ascertain that the person you're talking to is the one sending you the money and vice versa. This would be awesome in a mobile wallet.

drAGon925

Activity: 527

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 09:54:23 AM

Hello Shadowers!

Nice to see new ppl coming here,
welcome to all of you!

Also good to see other exchanges start trading with volume,
Poloniex seems to have smarter buyers , not like Bittrex dumpers
Smiley

Things getting more and more interesting!

I think we have lowest price anon coin on market, and best tech.
That must be filtrated!

drAGon925

Activity: 527

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 10:02:10 AM

^this

Hi,
when I was in ANC, they made much problems to that coin, and I think still does.
maybe DRK ppl paying that guys to make competitors coins stuck?
 Roll Eyes

You can try to ask this guy for informations
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=99433

btw we called them craptsy  Grin

Regards
systh

Activity: 390
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 12:45:02 PM

Poloniex seems to have smarter buyers , not like Bittrex dumpers

Just yesterday I was wondering the same.. if you compare the prices (latest), it's quite a difference:

• Bittrex: 0.00019056
  • Poloniex: 0.00023498

SNOVio – Decentralized Lead Generation  |   Telegram  |   Facebook
Pages: « 1 ... 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 [219] 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 ... 612 »
  Print  

Jump to: