Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 11:25:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 [553] 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 ... 612 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA  (Read 1289610 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
LuckyLeprachaun

Activity: 470
Merit: 251

Bitbay is the Future!!!

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 12:19:08 PM

arcanum: <https://youtu.be/YUuk3W4tSzo>

Thank you  Smiley

Nighttrader invite code: 2PJbGxt95Dz7JKU2N8oudyAJ1Tzs
Scofield

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 01:23:16 PM

Review finally out! Nice! Will watch as soon as I get home. Hope Aphrodite is next soon! Smiley
dadon
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2016, 02:26:26 PM

I think this interview is perfect although i do not know Rhyno personally i have been involved with this project for awhile he has always come across as down to earth and honest, this interview only clarifies that.

can i get a bump please people.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1549289.0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1549241.0

chompyZ

Activity: 291
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 03:18:29 PM

I think this interview is perfect although i do not know Rhyno personally i have been involved with this project for awhile he has always come across as down to earth and honest, this interview only clarifies that.

I'm sorry to say, but i was disappointed.
I'm saying this genuinely, as a real community member, not as a troll. i've been hodl very very long, thunderclaped, donated, and i'm still here for the long-run.
But imho, the interview was not "prepared" properly. It does not carry a "message". It is not "thrilling".
I's even go as far as saying it further midgets Shadowcash as a niche project that will never go mainstream.
Yes, Bitcoin is the bigger crypto, but so was microsoft until google came, and so was google until facebook came.
And since Shadowcash is tapping into a potentially huge market, namely the first decentralized market with privacy all around (cash, messaging, shops, no middleman escrow/curator, etc.), I expected this interview to leave me with a WOW... but i was left with a "that's it?"

Sorry Rhyno, dasource and fellow members. I have A LOT OF RESPECT to the shadowcash devs and community, but I's rather give my genuine feedback.

Then again, marketing was never a strong side of Shadowcash. Development is.
Waiting for the release  Smiley
rutherford

Activity: 624

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 03:48:59 PM

code: chompyZ,

The interview was mostly about Ryno, not some stupid overly hyped deceitful marketing stunt or advertisement disguised as an 'interview'. It's a way to show his vision and reasoning behind the project, nothing more.

In my opinion, ShadowCash HAS ALWAYS BEEN and IS a niche market and just like most decentralized projects. Heck cryptocurrencies are a niche market, we're a niche of a niche.. Decentralized projects won't ever go "mainstream" until there is a demand. Shopping these days has to be convenient and easy, and mainstream people will never ever go as far as downloading an application and then waiting for  the block chain download, buying Shadow etc.. The initial setup is a major struggle, but from then on everything will be just as easy as on the web.

The mainstream is lazy, one-click-forget kind of people. We are focussed on people who want to protect their online privacy and in these days the need for privacy is scarce among Western societies. Especially on the web.

Anyone thinking Shadow was aimed at being a mainstream project has fooled himself, crypto in general isn't even mainstream how the heck can you ask us to act like it is? It will take a lot of time before Bitcoin is considered mainstream.

Every time we do something people complain about it not being "good" enough because we're not filling it with prefab shit about how revolutionary it'll be. (Join BreakOutCoin's community if you want that kind of hypecoin). The development team's only requirement is to develop, not to do marketing.

█████████████████████████████
██████▀ ▀███████████▀ ▀██████
████▀ ▄█▄ ▀███████▀ ▄█▄ ▀████
███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███
█████▄ ▀████▄ ▀ ▄████▀ ▄█████
███████▄ ▀████▄ ▀██▀ ▄███████
█████████  █████ ████████████
███████▀ ▄████▀ ▄██▄ ▀███████
█████▀ ▄████▀ ▄ ▀████▄ ▀█████
███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███
████▄ ▀█▀ ▄███████▄ ▀█▀ ▄████
██████▄ ▄███████████▄ ▄██████
..XIRCUS..                       ▄████▄
    ▄███▄              ██████
    █████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
▄████▄     ▄█████▄   ▀██▀
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
systh

Activity: 390

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 03:50:31 PM

I'm saying this genuinely, as a real community member, not as a troll. i've been hodl very very long, thunderclaped, donated, and i'm still here for the long-run.
But imho, the interview was not "prepared" properly. It does not carry a "message". It is not "thrilling".
I's even go as far as saying it further midgets Shadowcash as a niche project that will never go mainstream.
Yes, Bitcoin is the bigger crypto, but so was microsoft until google came, and so was google until facebook came.
And since Shadowcash is tapping into a potentially huge market, namely the first decentralized market with privacy all around (cash, messaging, shops, no middleman escrow/curator, etc.), I expected this interview to leave me with a WOW... but i was left with a "that's it?"

Sorry Rhyno, dasource and fellow members. I have A LOT OF RESPECT to the shadowcash devs and community, but I's rather give my genuine feedback.

I respect your opinion and I'll say just this: Shadow is a community effort. If you feel like you can do ______ better, go ahead, take the lead and do it – ideally with some branstorming with other team/community members beforehand. If you believe you are good enough in marketing (or just better, if you feel it's that bad), fire it up!

Marketing was left behind (so far), I'd say. First devel and when there's something to promote (not that it isn't already), spread it out..

SNOVio – Decentralized Lead Generation  |   Telegram  |   Facebook
vtr99
Legendary

Activity: 1214
Merit: 1000

Never compromise your standards!

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 04:25:40 PM

My take is people are tired of "The Circus is coming". We don't need to be thrilled. What we need is honestly, dedication, talent, and technology. These are the reasons I have made SDC my main coin.

The interview with Ryno is great in my opinion. You can see his enthusiasm, and the big smile every time he starts talking about this project. I like that he is modest, and honest.

The problem with so many other coins is the developer makes a few bucks, and walks away. SDC has had a few desperate moments, and made it past each test.

Back in my days of street racing, they used to call this kind of thing a "Sleeper".  Grin 

Ryno may say this coin isn't mainstream, but neither is Bitcoin. Bitcoin is a big gold bar, SDC is a sleek 7th generation stealth fighter.

Who knows when the community will wake up to SDC, we are still flying under the radar. But at some point if we keep making progress, everyone will want some...
Hunyadi
Legendary

Activity: 1281

☑ ♟ ☐ ♚

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 07:09:27 PM

Don't you guys want DNM-users to start using Aphrodite after it's launch, or are you just politically correct? I surely want, and I think that's the niche Shadow should try to dominate. Openbazaar is good for everything else, don't you think? Of course Aphrodite should have other "normal" users also, but first it needs to have its critical mass. DNM were important for the development of bitcoin during its "dark years".

Other important think is mobile staking. That is something that could improve adoption besides Aphrodite.

Disclaimer: I have never used DNM, but I support the idea of free market place.

▂▃▅▇█▓▒░B**-Cultist░▒▓█▇▅▃▂
fible1
Legendary

Activity: 1183

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2016, 08:02:16 PM

He looks totally baked in the video.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
"Crypto Success":  bit.ly/Crypto-Success; "Principles for Crypto Investment":  bit.ly/Crypto-Principles; "Crypto Survival":  bit.ly/Crypto-Survival';
PGP Key(s): Pablo@Pablo-Lema.com: http://pastebin.com/V8Z4WxUE
LuckyLeprachaun

Bitbay is the Future!!!

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 09:01:30 PM

Pablo.

So what if he was baked! So long as he can do the work is all that matters IMO. I thought he spoke from the heart and he seems straight up to me. The proof is in the pudding and so far SDC has always come through. I see good things for the future of SDC... Cool

fible1
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2016, 09:34:38 PM
Last edit: July 13, 2016, 09:51:54 PM by fible1

Pablo.

So what if he was baked! So long as he can do the work is all that matters IMO. I thought he spoke from the heart and he seems straight up to me. The proof is in the pudding and so far SDC has always come through. I see good things for the future of SDC... Cool

Hmmm, okay. I've been around venture capital for a while, so let me paint you a picture:

You are a VC in charge of deciding whether to invest in a new company. A kid comes in with some interesting tech, you knew about the tech beforehand, did your research and invited in him for a talk. He sits down, opens his mouth and the first thing you notice is that he is completely baked. Lets get past the fact that it is not okay to show up to a meeting like this in the real world, it should make no difference that this happens in the ether of the internet, its bad form.

But, hey, you like the tech and you decide to give the kid a shot. "I want a million dollars," he says. You ask, "so whats your company's structure right now?" he says "well, I have a "real" job, and I like (chuckle) I do this whenever I feel like it. And that's better I think, because I can do what I like." he adds "I also don't know who is working on the project day to day or what they are up to, and I think that's a good thing, because it shows people are contributing." You start thinking: "I wonder what I'll have for lunch." And he legit said as much in the video.

This scenario is actually adapted from what he said in the first few minutes, I couldn't get through the rest. I am not challenging that SDC may be good tech, I haven't had a chance to look it over completely yet; but I do this for a living (investing in crypto's) and although I came to your thread with an open mind, that first few minutes of the video killed it for me. Could I be wrong?, It's happened in the past, often enough, but I am not investing my money here after seeing that video. And I am far, far less conservative in my investment philosophy than any other (edited) person who you will need to join your community down the road to going mainstream.

I am not here to trash your coin, and frankly I hope you guys make some money, but these are legitimate points. I am sure I could go on if I watched the whole video but i don't wanna seem like I'm attacking your coin or your dev, I'll be moving along now.

Best of luck,
  Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
"Crypto Success":  bit.ly/Crypto-Success; "Principles for Crypto Investment":  bit.ly/Crypto-Principles; "Crypto Survival":  bit.ly/Crypto-Survival';
rutherford

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 09:45:37 PM

code: For clarifications, Ryno was not 'baked' in this video.

Thank god that the shadow project is not a "company" and that we're not looking for a "venture capitalist".

The scenario you proposed makes no sense either

It's an open source project

█████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
fible1
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2016, 09:49:39 PM

code: For clarifications, Ryno was not 'baked' in this video.

Thank god that the shadow project is not a "company" and that we're not looking for a "venture capitalist".

The scenario you proposed makes no sense either

It's an open source project

I did not mean you needed venture capital or that you are a company, I was providing an analogy, I think that was pretty clear.

Just thought I would clarify that.

Wish you the best,
  Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
Kewde

Activity: 111
Merit: 15

Eat, sleep, code, repeat.

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2016, 09:50:25 PM

For clarifications, Ryno was not 'baked' in this video.

The scenario you proposed makes no sense either. If you were to go to a VC with an idea then it's not always uncommon to have a steady job at that moment.
But I won't waste anymore words on imaginative scenarios.

It's an open source project, anyone can contribute and review code, that's how it works.

If you would've continued with the video then you would've known that the team only holds a small portion of the funds and develops this for politically motivated reasons, mainly to guard privacy. We're doing this because we're passionate, not to make money.

I know, in your world everything turns around 'making money' and doing things for free because you care for the cause is considered crazy.

PS; I press "enter" by accident, my bad.

Particl Project - https://www.particl.io/
rutherford

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 09:58:17 PM

arcanum: I was writing, then I was nah.. Let's move on without me getting on "baked" and not "mainstream". Glad TOR, Signal or even bitcoin is mainstream. Guys move to some coin what promise you the moon, what has an "unbaked" and "unfaced" and unproven! developer. I believe SDC is the most undervalued coin in crypto, and a lot will come what will make this community at large just go wow, that "baked" guy! F'ing mind blowing!

█████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
LuckyLeprachaun

Bitbay is the Future!!!

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 10:11:25 PM

Pablo.

Hmmm, okay. I've been around venture capital for a while, so let me paint you a picture:

You are a VC in charge of deciding whether to invest in a new company. A kid comes in with some interesting tech, you knew about the tech beforehand, did your research and invited in him for a talk. He sits down, opens his mouth and the first thing you notice is that he is completely baked. Lets get past the fact that it is not okay to show up to a meeting like this in the real world, it should make no difference that this happens in the ether of the internet, its bad form.

But, hey, you like the tech and you decide to give the kid a shot. "I want a million dollars," he says. You ask, "so whats your company's structure right now?" he says "well, I have a "real" job, and I like (chuckle) I do this whenever I feel like it. And that's better I think, because I can do what I like." he adds "I also don't know who is working on the project day to day or what they are up to, and I think that's a good thing, because it shows people are contributing." You start thinking: "I wonder what I'll have for lunch." And he legit said as much in the video.

This scenario is actually adapted from what he said in the first few minutes, I couldn't get through the rest. I am not challenging that SDC may be good tech, I haven't had a chance to look it over completely yet; but I do this for a living (investing in crypto's) and although I came to your thread with an open mind, that first few minutes of the video killed it for me. Could I be wrong?, It's happened in the past, often enough, but I am not investing my money here after seeing that video. And I am far, far less conservative in my investment philosophy than any other (edited) person who you will need to join your community down the road to going mainstream.

I am not here to trash your coin, and frankly I hope you guys make some money, but these are legitimate points. I am sure I could go on if I watched the whole video but i don't wanna seem like I'm attacking your coin or your dev, I'll be moving along now.

Best of luck,
  Pablo.

I agree back in 1927 "You would have been correct with the "bad form"  and dressing in a suit..etc.." but nowadays things have changed a lot especially in the 'tech' sectors, for example in silicon valley  the coders are all on coke and make 200k+ a year. Whether you are having 3 martini lunches or  chalking lines, smoking dope makes no difference if they are competent at there job. Like I said before proof is in the pudding, SDC has shown full competence in there development, just as 1 example they have the best Linux wallet in the whole crypto world, not one other coin can even come close to making 1 as easy to install, that says a lot believe me. i believe you are stuck in the past with old school thinking and need to open your mind to the new world and not make snap judgments on peoples habits and focus more on the results they produce.

dadon
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2016, 10:18:35 PM

hey you guys im dumping  Angry you can keep your reefer madness!!!! I don't support Drug addicts   Angry  Ja maican me mad  Angry
LuckyLeprachaun

Bitbay is the Future!!!

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 10:24:11 PM

hey you guys im dumping  Angry you can keep your reefer madness!!!! I don't support Drug addicts   Angry  Ja maican me mad  Angry

You are narrow minded and being absolutely ridiculous. nothing has changed, SDC is still a solid investment. many will be happy to buy them from you.  Steve Jobs was a hippie and was doing acid and he founded Apple.

rutherford

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 10:26:42 PM

arcanum: Dadon was in bitcoin at 80c! He is just being sarcastic!

█████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
LuckyLeprachaun

Bitbay is the Future!!!

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 10:29:51 PM

arcanum: Dadon was in bitcoin at 80c! He is just being sarcastic!

i thought he was serious.  Grin

Pages: « 1 ... 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 [553] 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 ... 612 »
  Print  

Jump to: