Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:22:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... 612 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA  (Read 1289610 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
LongAndShort
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1050

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 09:03:16 PM

As I'm going to buy a Android phone will there be an option to install shadowGo without external storage on the phone Huh

Sure as long as your phone has enough storage space on it to hold the chain

Really? How much storage space does the SDC block chain need?

Edit: Maybe I should just try it myself and report my findings back here. Yes I will do that.

OMG at the rate this blockchain is downloading, I figure it will take 14-16 hrs. on 4g connection  Cry

Fuck it, I will use up all my data for the month. I cant believe this shit...

Yeah mobile is not for everyone Smiley
I think SDC is not for mobile phone.

Considering its the best mobile staking coin wallet out there on the market i would have to disagree. Shadow has the flagship mobile package of all these coin Smiley Take a look you will see.

You are good for a laugh...thanks for making my day.  Cheesy

shadowGONOGO

Did you find any problems with the wallet?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Coolstoryteller

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 09:08:04 PM

As I'm going to buy a Android phone will there be an option to install shadowGo without external storage on the phone Huh

Edit: Maybe I should just try it myself and report my findings back here. Yes I will do that.

OMG at the rate this blockchain is downloading, I figure it will take 14-16 hrs. on 4g connection  Cry

Two trolls and very bad ones at that. You are arguing that the blockchain takes long to download and that this issue is isolated to Shadow. Lulz. It's called the Blockchain maybe you should do some research on it. The project is more than a few months old and you're downloading the entire blockchain to your mobile device. Did you want an abracadabra download?

If so, you should wait for the updated mobile applications that have ShadowLite integrated. Shadow is the the ONLY PoS-based coin with a Simplified Payment Verification system. The is no other PoS-based coin that syncs faster than Shadow when using ShadowLite. It shows a serious lack of intelligence on your part to complain about a blockchain download. Perhaps you should troll the other PoS coins and ask them why they don't have a SPV system in place.

"Buy, sell, trade, chat. Leave nothing but a Shadow." - www.shadow.cash
O_Omaha

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 09:16:00 PM

Two trolls and very bad ones at that. You are arguing that the blockchain takes long to download and that this issue is isolated to Shadow. Lulz. It's called the Blockchain maybe you should do some research on it. The project is more than a few months old and you're downloading the entire blockchain to your mobile device. Did you want an abracadabra download?

If so, you should wait for the updated mobile applications that have ShadowLite integrated. Shadow is the the ONLY PoS-based coin with a Simplified Payment Verification system. The is no other PoS-based coin that syncs faster than Shadow when using ShadowLite. It shows a serious lack of intelligence on your part, perhaps you should troll the other PoS coins and ask them why they don't have a SPV system in place.

It's ok, don't freak out just because I don't like waiting 16 hrs to download the blockchain on my phone. Who the fuck would?

Maybe I will come back when the lite version is launched and try that one out....oh wait, according to the roadmap it's already out, where can I download it?
LongAndShort
Legendary

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 09:17:26 PM

If so, you should wait for the updated mobile applications that have ShadowLite integrated. Shadow is the the ONLY PoS-based coin with a Simplified Payment Verification system. The is no other PoS-based coin that syncs faster than Shadow when using ShadowLite. It shows a serious lack of intelligence on your part, perhaps you should troll the other PoS coins and ask them why they don't have a SPV system in place.

It's ok, don't freak out just because I don't like waiting 16 hrs to download the blockchain on my phone. Who the fuck would?

Maybe I will come back when the lite version is launched and try that one out.

Yeah this industry is not for everyone, maybe come back when its all instant and btw he was imo just framing it for you so next time you might have more realistic expectations when you come back to crypto and download a wallet pos staking wallet
Coolstoryteller

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 09:18:47 PM

Maybe I will come back when the lite version is launched and try that one out.

Ah I'm not freaking out, apologies if you interpreted by response that way. Yeah, it's better to wait for the updated mobile versions, they'll be much more touch friendly and have ShadowLite so the sync will only take a few moments.

s1lverbox
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1039

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 09:19:04 PM

Do you really need your SDC on the phone? I did it on WIFI and is working like charm.

O_Omaha

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 09:21:08 PM

Roadmap says shadowlite is delivered in Sept. so I will download it and try that one, sounds good....where is the link to download?
Coolstoryteller

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 09:30:44 PM
Last edit: October 07, 2014, 09:44:48 PM by Coolstoryteller

Roadmap says shadowlite is delivered in Sept. so I will download it and try that one, sounds good....where is the link to download?

Windows:
http://shadow.cash/downloads/shadow_1.2.0.0_win32.zip

OSX:
http://shadow.cash/downloads/shadow_1.2.0.0_macosx.dmg

Linux:
http://shadow.cash/downloads/shadow_1.2.0.0_linux64_static.zip

If you'd like to use ShadowLite (SPV):

1 - Close Shadow client

2 - Create a .conf file (shadowcoin.conf)
Add:
  • thinmode=1
  • thinstake=1
  • thinfullindex=1

3 - Save to your Shadow directory

4 - Reopen the Shadow client

Your wallet will now use ShadowLite to sync to the network. If you've ever used Multibit (Bitcoin) before its a similar experience.

Note: This function isn't available on mobile yet, but will be in the next update to the mobile clients.

SebSebastian

Activity: 286

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 09:43:44 PM

Hello friend  Smiley

It is very nice to have some new people show a sincere interest in the Shadow project. As you can probably tell, the roadmap is in need of an update. Thanks for pointing that out, I'll let the team know. I know they've been busy with developing and designing the HTML5 wallets and are now researching and working on the zk-SNARK implementation, which is why the roadmap has maybe been neglected. 

As for your current problem, sadly the lite wallets are not available on mobile at present. The updates that gave the option for desktop put in place the basic infrastructure needed for mobile users to benefit from the SPV system too, so the next iteration of the mobile wallets will feature the improved interface and optional lite mode. If you are unhappy with the mobile wallet at the moment it's maybe best to wait till the next one comes out. The team works very hard and updates come frequently, so you shouldn't have to wait to long.  Smiley

If you have any other problems please post here, or try on the irc channel (freenode #shadowcash) where there's always someone around to help. 

ShadowCash     |     ShadowSend     |     ShadowCore     |     ShadowChat    |     ShadowGo     |     ShadowMarket    
LongAndShort
Legendary

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 09:49:22 PM
Last edit: October 07, 2014, 10:01:26 PM by LongAndShort

The link download is just under the roadmap those logos are the download buttons under the big heading that says DOWNLOADS Smiley
O_Omaha

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 10:39:22 PM

Hello friend  Smiley

It is very nice to have some new people show a sincere interest in the Shadow project. As you can probably tell, the roadmap is in need of an update. Thanks for pointing that out, I'll let the team know. I know they've been busy with developing and designing the HTML5 wallets and are now researching and working on the zk-SNARK implementation, which is why the roadmap has maybe been neglected. 

As for your current problem, sadly the lite wallets are not available on mobile at present. The updates that gave the option for desktop put in place the basic infrastructure needed for mobile users to benefit from the SPV system too, so the next iteration of the mobile wallets will feature the improved interface and optional lite mode. If you are unhappy with the mobile wallet at the moment it's maybe best to wait till the next one comes out. The team works very hard and updates come frequently, so you shouldn't have to wait to long.  Smiley

If you have any other problems please post here, or try on the irc channel (freenode #shadowcash) where there's always someone around to help. 

Thanks, dude.
Schild_

Activity: 406

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 10:50:05 PM

The link download is just under the roadmap those logos are the download buttons under the big heading that says DOWNLOADS Smiley

Yeah I was obviously looking for the shadowlite android wallet download link, you retard.

TBH you are a senior member that acts like a newbie, and sebSebastian is a newbie that acts like a senior member. You'd do well to walk in Seb's shoes.

Good luck, asshole.

Please, no need to insult people. The shadow project is a big family- and respect is important to us.

dadon
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2014, 01:06:33 AM

Yeah I was obviously looking for the shadowlite android wallet download link, you retard.

TBH you are a senior member that acts like a newbie, and sebSebastian is a newbie that acts like a senior member. You'd do well to walk in Seb's shoes.

Good luck, asshole.
No need for that attitude brother, people were just trying to help you out, Rome wasn't built in a day remember, the progress being made here is very impressive and i would much rather a working product that was released a bit later then planned then a product that was released on time but didn't work..just relax..soon everything will come together.
00Smurf

Activity: 476

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 07:04:57 AM

Be ready for Zk-snarks Shocked

im ready.
altnews

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 07:09:26 AM

I think it would be cool to have torrent file for "old" blockchain to upload it to android wallet faster
s1lverbox
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1039

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 07:17:00 AM

Good luck, asshole.

really? so u come here to insult people? guy tried to explain and help and you just proved how big newbie you are.
ph111

Activity: 270

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 07:48:33 AM

Ive downloaded the latest mac wallet v1.2.0.0 I've got 8 active connections but can't get it to sync any help appreciated Huh
00Smurf

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 08:00:22 AM

Ive downloaded the latest mac wallet v1.2.0.0 I've got 8 active connections but can't get it to sync any help appreciated Huh

head to #shadowcash on irc freenode. https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.freenode.net/#shadowcash
00Smurf

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 08:01:02 AM

I think it would be cool to have torrent file for "old" blockchain to upload it to android wallet faster

I agree, maybe post it up on http://shadowhangout.com as a suggestion.
4M8B

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 09:46:07 AM

Hey guys,

How updating wallet.dat properly when staking ?
As I understood every send transaction you need to update the wallet.dat so you won't lose any address , how is this with staking because I did it always manually before staking...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... 612 »
  Print  

Jump to: