Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 05:03:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 ... 612 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA  (Read 1289610 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Wheatclove

Activity: 606
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 11:54:02 PM
Last edit: October 11, 2014, 12:16:03 AM by Wheatclove

As a matter of fact I do care. Dev's making promises to uneducated investors results in a transfer of wealth from the uneducated to the educated. The endless cycle of sucking new investors dry never ends unless people like longandshort, bitcoin core devs and myself fact check claims by developers. My involvement in exposing flaws and claims were not financially motivated.

Tbh, the only thing that needs to stop is your ignorance. You completely disregard the facts and blame others for the actions of your developer. Don't try to blame shift away from the truth. Not one person in that community decided to have that paper peer reviewed before investing. You owe it to your parents to stop being ignorant. If you don't to it for yourself, do it for them.

We can keep going back and forth to infinity if you want.  

The fact that you troll and post "sunken boat .gif's" at the same time you are trying to "help investors save their investment" just reek's of BS.

You and your cohorts are opportunistic trolls helping investors part from their cash.

I dont think this one is going to help build SDC though...just a feeling...

They aren't trying to build SDC by throwing XST under the bus.

Coolstoryteller and longandshort are intelligent people (longandshort may not seem that way due to his Australian dyslexia). They are here to watch projects and technology evolve. They are both very passionate about these things and sometimes let their emotions get the best of them when their attempt to help the entire cryptocurrency community gets squashed by a ignorance and a lack of understanding. They are not your enemies.

I'm an altcoin noob. I probably would have given up on cryptocurrencies altogether after I went all in on Cloakcoin and ended up a bagholder due to blind trust in empty promises. The only thing that kept me in the game was Coolstoryteller. I was a curious noobie, trying to make sense of so much technology in a very little amount of time. Coolstoryteller showed me a few resources to help me learn about cryptography and cryptocurrencies. He showed me promising technology, research papers, developments occurring in bitcoin,etc,.... I'll make it clear that I did not follow him into shadow... The research lead me to Shadow.

So instead of wasting all your time bickering on BCT (which I've watched both of you do all day long), you could be spending your time learning. And one day you may accrue enough knowledge to teach a few newcomers a thing or two about crypto and really make a difference in the community.
Coolstoryteller

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 12:15:29 AM

Thanks for the kind post Wheat, I appreciate it.

The industry we're in has no form of regulation outside of education. I'm a firm believer that if you're able to pass knowledge over to the next person, it ultimately makes the entire community stronger.

"Buy, sell, trade, chat. Leave nothing but a Shadow." - www.shadow.cash
Coolstoryteller

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 12:17:48 AM
Last edit: October 11, 2014, 10:41:01 AM by Coolstoryteller

If that were true, he would have probably had his whitepaper peer reviewed before dumping it on people with flashy colors and a catchy layout.
I have no home.

This is the Shadow thread, take your XST vapor back under your bridge troll.

Wheatclove

Activity: 606
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 12:18:07 AM

the older members from xst community know who is Hondo in the real world.
He is a scientist, a great researcher at a major university in USA.
Unlike most of those kids that usually "develop" coins

Why are you deleting my posts that say this?

If that were true, he would have probably had his whitepaper peer reviewed before dumping it on people with flashy colors and a catchy layout.

in the beginning xst not had any attractive layout or flashy colors similar to this thread here.
The community asked Hondo to put a graphic designer in devteam.
If the xst thread was not blocked, I would paste here  my posts asking for it

My main point had nothing to do with colors and layout.
00Smurf

Activity: 476

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 12:34:23 AM

Are you people saying that I've been scammed investing in this project?

by investing in xst or sdc?

So far sdc has delivered everything it has promised. The dev's is open and usually avail everyday on IRC #shadowcash on freenode.

I cannot comment on xst beyond what i've skimmed and read.
Coolstoryteller

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 12:38:44 AM

No, we're speaking about XST. Their thread is shut down and they keep coming in here trying to smear the project.

koby

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 12:44:36 AM

So far sdc has delivered everything it has promised. The dev's is open and usually avail everyday on IRC #shadowcash on freenode.

I'm in SDC I din't invest in xst, I thought SDC was good and now I'm seing all this people coming in this thread and going against SDC plus

the market cap of Shadowscash is going really down, just wondering.
Coolstoryteller

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 12:48:33 AM

I'm in SDC I din't invest in xst, I thought SDC was good and now I'm seing all this people coming in this thread and going against SDC plus

Hey Koby,

Yep, everything is good on SDC's end. There's just a lot of upset XST investors look for a place to vent their remorse. it has nothing to do with SDC though. The XST whitepaper was reviewed by some of the bitcoin core devs and they came to the conclusion that it was unfeasible. As a result, they are looking to blame SDC because they didn't take the time to research their investment.

koby

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 12:52:51 AM

Hey Koby,

Yep, everything is good on SDC's end. There's just a lot of upset XST investors look for a place to vent their remorse. it has nothing to do with SDC though. The XST whitepaper was reviewed by some of the bitcoin core devs and they came to the conclusion that it was unfeasible. As a result, they are looking to blame SDC because they didn't take the time to research their investment.

Ok so I'm asking to all this troll to buy some Ice cream stop crying and move on
Viper1

Activity: 686
Merit: 320

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 12:56:06 AM

The XST whitepaper was reviewed by some of the bitcoin core devs and they came to the conclusion that it was unfeasible.

The least you can do is be truthful.  They didn't say it wasn't feasible and in fact one of them said they didn't have enough information about all potential solutions to actually know or not.

This whole thing is just pathetic.  Both sides just spewing off bullshit to suit their own purposes.  Grow a fucking spine people and show some ethics in what the hell you say. The number of children in this shit pretending to be adults just pushes me over the edge at times.

BTC: 1F8yJqgjeFyX1SX6KJmqYtHiHXJA89ENNT
LTC: LYAEPQeDDM7Y4jbUH2AwhBmkzThAGecNBV
DOGE: DSUsCCdt98PcNgUkFHLDFdQXmPrQBEqXu9
Coolstoryteller

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 01:04:34 AM
Last edit: October 11, 2014, 10:42:59 AM by Coolstoryteller

Awesome! You found a perfect example of a dev (concealcoin) scamming investors. Thanks for digging that up.

That dev did the same thing that XST did, in a shorter time span (a few days). Concealcoin had hyped up whitepaper and a ridiculously high hashrate from which I mined and traded on before exiting. It was added to every major exchange right off the bat. The trading was insane on it, as was the volume. Like all coins of its kind, it was a gamble I trade on it and luckily made money.

All in all it was a learning experience that taught everyone involed a lesson. No matter how good the volume is, how many exchanges add the coin and how big the hasrate is during mining - don't put faith in vapor.
I am an idiot

Nice attempt to take my words and twist them around. You think that because you found a post for a coin which topped all the exchanges and pools it was on for the 3 days it was in existence somehow translate me trading and mining the coin into hypocrisy?

The lesson learned here: No matter how good the coin is doing and how great the presentation is by the developer at the time - you need to fact check otherwise you will be left getting scammed. I mined that coin and because I have my own rigs it didn't cost me anything.

Basically you're trying to say because I mined a coin, traded it I deserve a pair of handcuffs? Man the only problem here is still your ignorance.

Coolstoryteller

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 01:05:12 AM

The XST whitepaper was reviewed by some of the bitcoin core devs and they came to the conclusion that it was unfeasible.

The least you can do is be truthful.  They didn't say it wasn't feasible and in fact one of them said they didn't have enough information about all potential solutions to actually know or not.

This whole thing is just pathetic.  Both sides just spewing off bullshit to suit their own purposes.  Grow a fucking spine people and show some ethics in what the hell you say. The number of children in this shit pretending to be adults just pushes me over the edge at times.

Viper1 you are correct, this whole thing is pathetic. It has nothing to do with SDC and everything to do with XST. Longandshort started this investigation by inquiring about the feasibility, not me. In fact, you should take your queries back up with Greg he's the one of the guys who gave his expert opinion on it, not me. I've just been swatting these trolls's baseless scam accusations in this thread.

Answer from Greg Maxwell:
[01:38am] bjjb: If this is truly a work of his passion, maybe he will find a way to make it work.  I do appreciate the skeptic professional opinions tonight - they are rare in the trade scene.
[01:40am] nessence joined the chat room.
[01:40am] gmaxwell: You can't really honest effort yourself through something that is just not applicable, and probably not through not knowing what you're doing. ... and you speak of integrity, but launching some speculative asset when you've not done the work?  I don't think that is something that speaks of integrity.

Bottom Line:
Devs shouldn't post specs as promises when they haven't done their homework.

Viper1

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 01:10:00 AM

You are full of shit viper. The shadow cocksuckers spammed the XST thread relentlessly.

The shadow dev is a little bitch who deletes posts.

More worthless crap from you.  You never have anything worthwhile to say.  And let's just point out that I sat in that XST thread "discussing things" with that longandshort guys about his so called "proof" until he finally came out and said where he was getting his info. You in the meantime did and do absolutely nothing.  In other words.  I did more to actually "defend" chandran sigs than you have ever done and I don't even like XST or that community.  So why don't you just go hide back under the rock you crawled out from under.

Coolstoryteller

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 01:12:12 AM

You are full of shit viper. The shadow cocksuckers spammed the XST thread relentlessly.

The shadow dev is a little bitch who deletes posts.

More worthless crap from you.  You never have anything worthwhile to say.  And let's just point out that I sat in that XST thread "discussing things" with that longandshort guys about his so called "proof" until he finally came out and said where he was getting his info. You in the meantime did and do absolutely nothing.  In other words.  I did more to actually "defend" chandran sigs than you have ever done and I don't even like XST or that community.  So why don't you just go hide back under the rock you crawled out from under.

+1

You were the only person I saw come into the channel and ask them legitimate questions about XST. I was offline for that bit, but I have respect that you fact checked the information provided by longandshort instead of resorting to them mindless trolling like the guys invading this thread.

koby

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 01:15:01 AM

have you people finish now? how long will you keep going posting crap?
Viper1

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 01:15:40 AM

Viper1 you are correct, this whole thing is pathetic. It has nothing to do with SDC and everything to do with XST. Longandshort started this investigation by inquiring about the feasibility, not me. In fact, you should take your queries back up with Greg he's the one of the guys who gave his expert opinion on it, not me. I've just been swatting these trolls's baseless scam accusations in this thread.

Answer from Greg Maxwell:
[01:38am] bjjb: If this is truly a work of his passion, maybe he will find a way to make it work.  I do appreciate the skeptic professional opinions tonight - they are rare in the trade scene.
[01:40am] nessence joined the chat room.
[01:40am] gmaxwell: You can't really honest effort yourself through something that is just not applicable, and probably not through not knowing what you're doing. ... and you speak of integrity, but launching some speculative asset when you've not done the work?  I don't think that is something that speaks of integrity.

Bottom Line:
Devs shouldn't post specs as promises when they haven't done their homework.

You seem to forget I was in that chat. I know exactly what he said and didn't say.  I was also in a Monero chat room with the guys that would actually have more information than the bitcoin guys.

I'm certainly not "defending" the Stealthsend stuff as it's pretty clear at this point that even if it gets implemented it has issues and will be questionable as to whether or not it's cryptographically sound.  But I just want to see some truths being told and not bullshit.

Coolstoryteller

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 01:22:02 AM
Last edit: October 11, 2014, 10:30:46 AM by Coolstoryteller

snip

snip

+1

You were the only person I saw come into the channel and ask them legitimate questions about XST. I was offline for that bit, but I have respect that you fact checked the information provided by longandshort instead of resorting to them mindless trolling like the guys invading this thread.
snip

You just make it that much easier to get you banned. There's plenty of people reporting you right now. You're actually doing the crypto community a favor by spamming this thread with more posts, the more you post the more reports we get for you. The profanity really helps thanks for that.

Shadow is the farthest thing from vapor I've seen in this section of bitcointalk. It's delivered on every one of it's promises. There isn't a spec for SS2 yet because the devs are finalizing and reviewing it before posting. Unlike vapor it's already in the testing cycle. The spec changes as a result from testing cycles.

Coolstoryteller

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 01:38:29 AM

Please refer to bitcointalk's moderation policy:

"If a user is habitually posting obviously false nonsense just to stir up trouble, then it's considered trolling, which is prohibited."
-mprep

Viper1

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 01:39:12 AM

I you are an impartial innocent bystander, Viper1, ask right here on this shitty thread how the dev is going to use zk-snarks. Fucking ask the question and see what you get.

I did it a long time ago Viper1 and got nothing but deleted posts.

If I would have gotten any answer at all, I'd probably be bouncing trolls right now. But shadow is shitware viper. That's the truth.

I did ask a number of pages back when I was first looked into the coin.  Funny thing about that.  You were complaining about not getting answers from them, either here or in the XST thread, can't remember which thread now, and someone posted in response to you all the stuff I had asked and the answers I received.  lol

Granted, not all my questions were answered at the time and they were supposed to be putting together more info, but still, I got some answers to what I asked at the time.

Coolstoryteller

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 01:47:53 AM
Last edit: October 11, 2014, 10:36:27 AM by Coolstoryteller

I you are an impartial innocent bystander, Viper1, ask right here on this shitty thread how the dev is going to use zk-snarks. Fucking ask the question and see what you get.

I did it a long time ago Viper1 and got nothing but deleted posts.

If I would have gotten any answer at all, I'd probably be bouncing trolls right now. But shadow is shitware viper. That's the truth.

I did ask a number of pages back when I was first looked into the coin.  Funny thing about that.  You were complaining about not getting answers from them, either here or in the XST thread, can't remember which thread now, and someone posted in response to you all the stuff I had asked and the answers I received.  lol

Granted, not all my questions were answered at the time and they were supposed to be putting together more info, but still, I got some answers to what I asked at the time.

The devs are in a testing cycle so the spec changes based on results. The reason why you didn't get more info is because the spec is changing after each test cycle so the information you initially would of received would of been inaccurate.

Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 ... 612 »
  Print  

Jump to: