Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:32:18 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 ... 612 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA  (Read 1289614 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
LongAndShort
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1050

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 06:03:25 PM

Where do you think the price will be at the end of december?

Personally i don't speculate on its price sorry but i mainly focus on its tech side and support its industry firsts. But someone else might be able to comment on their price prediction that does not include the word "moon" however inevitable it may seem Smiley
xxxgoodgirls
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 06:08:07 PM

Personally i don't speculate on its price sorry but i mainly focus on its tech side and support its industry firsts. But someone else might be able to comment on their price prediction that does not include the word "moon" however inevitable it may seem Smiley

Why inevitable? What does this coin have different from the others?

In summary, the Intel Management Engine and its applications are a backdoor with total access to and control over the rest of the PC. The ME is a threat to freedom, security, and privacy, and the libreboot project strongly recommends avoiding it entirely. Since recent versions of it can’t be removed, this means avoiding all recent generations of Intel hardware. details https://libreboot.org/faq.html#intelme --- https://tehnoetic.com/laptops --- https://store.vikings.net/x200-ryf-certfied
michaelsss

Activity: 293
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 06:12:08 PM

ask dev to get your answers
LongAndShort
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 06:18:12 PM

it serves a whole range of mobile platforms with the worlds first mobile staking and encrypted messaging android iOS and soon to ubuntu touch. It invented stealth addresses which you will see most anon coins adopting now. It was the first to implement a html5 ui over the top of its core to not only enrich the user experience but to allow for devs in the future to write their own apps. and allow them to monetize them using the shadow network giving them drastically reduced overheads by using a shadow sdk which is yet to be built for them but the foundation is there ready for it in the near future. just to name a few.
koby

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 07:24:21 PM

The only thing that I care is the Market cap wich is going really bad righ now.
SebSebastian

Activity: 286

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 07:29:05 PM

The only thing I care about is the quality of the work done by the dev team, which has been, and continues to be, of an exceptionally high standard.

ShadowCash     |     ShadowSend     |     ShadowCore     |     ShadowChat    |     ShadowGo     |     ShadowMarket    
LongAndShort
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 07:34:43 PM

Good thing we haven't started marketing yet then Smiley Which is something i'm sure the devs and community will do when we have a working zk-snarks.

The foundations are solid and the cornerstones are in place the future seems bright to me whatever may happen or come its going to work out fine. I do not look to marketcap in a startup such as this to determine its relevance and future..Not when it hasn't been pitched to a broader market in the first place. Its only been in this forum working on its foundations so the marketcap is reflecting that imo.

With the release of zk-snarks implimentation i assume thats when we can all start working on a market adoption Smiley it is the wise way and it is the reason it has been done this way. working product to sell as opposed to just claims not backed by experience and history.
RyanOlstren

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 08:01:52 PM

Good thing we haven't started marketing yet then Smiley Which is something along with fudding other coins that i'm sure the devs and community will do when we have a working zk-snarks.

The foundations are solid and the cornerstones are in place the future seems bright to me whatever may happen or come its going to work out fine. I do not look to marketcap in a startup such as this to determine its relevance and future..Not when it hasn't been pitched to a broader market in the first place. Its only been in this forum working on its foundations so the marketcap is reflecting that imo.

With the release of zk-snarks implimentation i assume thats when we can all start working on a market adoption Smiley it is the wise way and it is the reason it has been done this way. working product to sell as opposed to just claims not backed by experience and history.

I agree. SDC is going over the moon with zk-SNARKs and fudding. This is going to make a marketing bonanza. I've looked into a lot of anon technology. There are about 4 main types: mixing, ring signatures, stealth addresses (which SDC pioneered!), and zk-SNARKs. They were first proposed for zerocoin, but that's still a work in progress. Given all the innovations that rynomster has had so far, I think he'll be the one to pull it off!

To da moon!!! \o/
SebSebastian

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 08:05:28 PM

For anyone wondering what all the fuss is about...

Well... this, for starters:

ShadowCash     |     ShadowSend     |     ShadowCore     |     ShadowChat    |     ShadowGo     |     ShadowMarket    
SebSebastian

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 08:09:51 PM

Then there's this...

ShadowLite

Today we are releasing our brand new lite wallet (ShadowLite) functionality for desktop systems. This is a big update to the backend portion of the wallet and although this update is not mandatory, we do recommend that anyone running a 'full node' update to support the lite nodes that will be added to the network.

We've taken a completely different approach to wallet design based on the principles of the "Simplified Payment Verification" or “SPV” system outlined in section 8 of Satoshi’s Whitepaper (https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf). Instead of releasing a separate client, we’ve integrated optional lite functionality within the wallet. This allows for startup configuration to determine which mode you are running (thin or full).

The lite wallet functionality brings with it new options for wallet storage. For example, setting up a staking node on an isolated device such as a Raspberry Pi allows for better security, while still supporting the Shadow network.

ShadowLite mobile users have access to all existing functionality (including staking) with a reduced bandwidth, storage and memory footprint.

Instructions

Full mode: The new wallet is set to ‘full mode’ by default and as a result it requires no setup.

Lite mode: Enabling staking on thin mode uses a bit more data and storage, as it needs to verify transactions with full nodes. In addition, fetching information about previous blocks and the current state of the chain.

For those of you who wish to use the lite wallet, just add the following to your configuration file:

Code:
thinmode=1 

Alternatively, you can startup with the -thinmode parameter.

To enable staking in thin mode, run with -thinstake. It is recommended to run -thinstake with -thinfullindex

Running with "-thinfullindex" will keep the entire filtered chain in memory, like full mode which increases memory usage and decreases database reads.

Or add the following to your configuration file:

Code:
thinstake=1 
thinfullindex=1

Updated Shadow UI/UX

The new UI, which is based on HMTL5 technology, will be released later this week for both desktop and mobile (ShadowGo) with ShadowLite support. We wanted to get the bloom filters (which are required for proper working of the lite wallets) in place for the full nodes.

Stay tuned for more exciting updates this week!

Downloads:

SebSebastian

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 08:13:38 PM

Plus this...

xxxgoodgirls
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 09:00:20 PM

Is there any given ETA for zn-snarks and voice,audio and file support? Thank you

In summary, the Intel Management Engine and its applications are a backdoor with total access to and control over the rest of the PC. The ME is a threat to freedom, security, and privacy, and the libreboot project strongly recommends avoiding it entirely. Since recent versions of it can’t be removed, this means avoiding all recent generations of Intel hardware. details https://libreboot.org/faq.html#intelme --- https://tehnoetic.com/laptops --- https://store.vikings.net/x200-ryf-certfied
Disturbia

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 09:17:30 PM

1st it was ShadowCoin and then ShadowCash and now it's just Shadow? Identity crises? lol. What gives?
LongAndShort
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 09:22:01 PM

1st it was ShadowCoin and then ShadowCash and now it's just Shadow? Identity crises? lol. What gives?

There was a project launched in January called Shadowcoin, which had a failed IPO. devs didn't know about it until after they launched so to avoid any confusion they changed the name to ShadowCash.
kooke

Activity: 448

Bitcoin super-duper-mega-ultra-hyper-node

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 09:51:00 PM

shadowcoin/shadowcash is death because you longshort and your community, you either accepting it or keep going to cry/fuds at other coins like you morons used to do. no matter how innovation shadowcoin/shadowcash have which is none, it's dying. you already destroyed shadowcoin/shadowcash reputation, it's nothing but a vaporware scam coin waiting for huge dump by the hungry whales.

Can someone summarize all this drama?

Wheatclove

Activity: 606
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 10:05:13 PM

shadowcoin/shadowcash is death because you longshort and your community, you either accepting it or keep going to cry/fuds at other coins like you morons used to do. no matter how innovation shadowcoin/shadowcash have which is none, it's dying. you already destroyed shadowcoin/shadowcash reputation, it's nothing but a vaporware scam coin waiting for huge dump by the hungry whales.

I've broken it down into the following sequence of events:

1. Bobsurplus calls XST the best coin ever while simultaneously calls SDC a shitcoin.
2. Some SDC community members retaliate, revealing that the stealth address implementation for XST is direct copy of SDC code. This stopped an attempt at XST pumping. Price was increasing through the 12,000 satoshi range and ended at 10,000.
3. Consensus from SDC community is that there is nothing wrong with the code being used as it was open source. A few trolls take that info and spin it (see Pookielax and CryptoChronic) and continuously begin trolling XST thread. XST members begin to get hostile in retaliation to these trolls.
4. When SDC is getting wrongfully accused of nonsense, certain SDC members with good intentions intervene to dispell the bullshit but are met with hostility and treated like trolls.
5. Tensions escalate until one of the SDC community members reveals that XST's TOR implementation is RAZOR code. Some whale dumps 90 btc of XST as this news hits their thread.
6. Trolling. Flame war, etc,...
7. A few SDC members investigate XST whitepaper, bring it to Bitcoin core devs to ask if it will be feasible to achieve. Bitcoin core devs disagree saying it would be very difficult if not impossible.
8. This is posted in XST thread. All the while some SDC members are just trying to defend SDC while some are straight trolling and being cunts (XST members are mainly trolling and being cunts). 60 more BTC of XST is dumped on the market at once.
9. Certain XST members think SDC is conspiring against them and other coins for SDC's personal gain. Constant flaming, fudding, and trolling. XST thread gets closed, XST trolls migrate to SDC thread.

Meir Velenski

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 10:05:37 PM

Good morning, good afternoon or good evening to all!
I'm addressing this message mostly to your developer, but of course I'm open to your answers as well.
I'm not a person who usually comes into the forum to ask questions but for my own financial sake I'm going to do this for once.
I'm going to ask you gentlemen few questions, but I really expect an answer from your developer.
I invested a fair amount of money in your coin because my advisers found it to be a good investment, so I'm holding a fairly big chunk of shadow.
I am not a technical person I'm with the financial markets.
As you can expect, Shadow is not my only investment in the Crypto Market. I also invested in Anon, XCurrency, Stealth and a lot more Crypto currencies.
Within the last days, members of your community cause me to lose money with my investment in Stealth, because allover the trading markets
is well known that some members of your community attacked the Stealth market.
I don't know how these things work and I'm not interested.
By association, Shadow become within the Crypto investors world a "much spoken about" investment, but not in a positive way.
As i said I couldn't care less about your feuds, my sole interest is in my own investment.
I would like to know if the members that caused all this havoc had been excluded from your community, and I want guarantees that this will not happen again, and I'd like to know what measures are taken to remedy the actual situation, or else I and my fellow business investors are taking their business else where!
Most off all, I'd like an answer from you and from your developer as if it is still safe to keep Shadow or just get rid of it.
I don't need technical answers, just pure financial arguments.
Based on your answers and NOT only, I will take a decision.
Thank you all.
LongAndShort
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 10:06:08 PM

XST's price dump and feud against shadow has nothing to do with Shadow and everything to do with Stealthcoin and their whitepaper. The XST dev made claims in the whitepaper that concerned me. He asked the dev in the XST thread and was met with unwarranted personal attacks by the Stealthcoin community. i am not a Shadow dev. The XST dev made claims which were not peer reviewed or tested before releasing his spec to the XST community. In fact, the original paper he cited had not received any professional review up until yesterday.

After receiving no response from the XST dev teami joined the bitcoin dev channel and asked for an expert opinion on the stealthsend whitepaper. The bitcoin devs stated were flaws in the system and it would not be applicable without a trusted mechanism. Greg Maxwell and Andytoshi both came to the same conclusion it's vaporware.

------START-----

[9:15 PM]longandshort: so your overall opinion in a nutshell master andytoshi? because i appreciate the opinion and rate it highly im extremely concerned here tbh but am willing to give benefit of a doubt if there really is much

[9:16 PM]andytoshi
longandshort: i like the nonce trick Smiley as for this wp corresponding to something, at best it is just hot air

[9:17 PM]andytoshi
if they say "they are starting research" then they will realize quickly it is doomed and stop it or they might try the peercoin thing where they have a point of trust and just sweep it under the rug in all PR..

gmaxwell:
the context was some sketchy altcoin 'whitepaper' that doesn't seem to be written by someone who knows what they're talking about.

[10:35 PM]gmaxwell
CRS (usually) means there is a trusted setup. Generally in this space we consider trusted setup to be a serious killer. If you're willing to tolerate a trusted setup there are many possibilities. (not just this approach)

--------BREAK-----

After a few hours speaking with the bitcoin core dev team Longandshort came back into the XST thread to relay the messages and linked the IRC chat logs which are freely available at bitcoin.ninja. Instead of thanking him for a free peer review by the core bitcoin team they started personal attacks and threats on him. Smart investors took the advice of the Greg Maxwell and Andytoshi and exited the market. The rest of the community is in denial and they refuse to acknowledge the professional opinions of the developers who are behind the world #1 cryptocurrency - Bitcoin.

XST lead developer, Hondo, actually thanked longandshort for the peer review and acknowledge the results of the BTC devs opinion. Ultimately this space is based on cryptography and peer review is a fundamental component of cryptography. Disregarding peer review leads to bad crypto. The XST community classified the professional opinion of the Bitcoin core devs as FUD. By definition, this is the complete opposite of FUD. Technical reviews of new cryptographic primitives should not be classified as FUD. If this trend continues there will continue to be overstating claims by developers.

--------START--------

Hondo (XST's dev):
Before addressing the criticisms raised in this thread, I would like to express my sincere appreciation for these criticisms. Although some believe the manner in which they have been introduced may not be optimal to promote civil discourse, they are valuable criticisms nevertheless, and help to strengthen crypto-currencies in general. It is far better to address weaknesses in crypto systems during implementation than it is to address attacks after deployment.
https://bitcointalk.org/index....
--------BREAK----------

The XST community decided to blame shift their ignorance, greed and misplaced trust towards Shadow because i have a Shadow link in my bitcointalk signature. They have since started attacking the Shadow thread. tx42, Emillionman and Omaha to be specific. Ironically, there have been no attacks on the Bitcoin core dev team all FUD efforts have been directed at Shadow. There is a big difference between technical criticism (peer review) and Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt (FUD).

What's even more alarming is the XST community have created a team of SDC imposter accounts and went into the threads of Anoncoin, LitecoinDark and LXC attempting to start a feud. They are a stain on the crypto community.

---------START--------

"bjjb: At the same time I would argue that Hondo has demonstrated good work ethic and some integrity. I do not think that he is the type of person to profit like that. It seems very counter to my experiences with him.

[01:38am] bjjb: If this is truly a work of his passion, maybe he will find a way to make it work. I do appreciate the skeptic professional opinions tonight - they are rare in the trade scene.

[01:40am] nessence joined the chat room.

[01:40am] gmaxwell: You can't really honest effort yourself through something that is just not applicable, and probably not through not knowing what you're doing. ... and you speak of integrity, but launching some speculative asset when you've not done the work? I don't think that is something that speaks of integrity."

--------Break--------

It's a sad day in crypto when people classify peer review under FUD. Lesson should be learned here, before you make an investment either have access to a cryptographer or get knowledgeable enough yourself to make a solid investment decision. Don't believe photoshop doodles and dev promises.

People who are in denial - face the facts. You invested in vapor and the market is reacting to it. Don't direct your anger at Shadow or it's dev team. Look in the mirror, you only have yourself to blame for buying into hype instead of delivery. Shame on you people who are attacking Shadow.

Bottom Line: Do your homework before you invest in a cryptocurrency. Otherwise you will get a rude awakening when professionals pick apart your hopes and dreams. The XST dev released a paper without any peer review or testing that resulted in a speculative asset without anything to back it up.

I would like to applaud Hondo for accepting the criticism as any normal dev would do. However, his community is the most toxic community I've ever seen in the crypto community space. They disregard reason and logic in favor of mindless personal attacks and zombie cheerleading.

Full Chat logs are available here:
https://botbot.me/freenode/bit...

This has nothing to do with shadow nor was it sanctioned by anyone here but me bringing up a concern in their thread and met with total filth and i still am ive even had death threats and so has the dev team of this coin its ridiculous and shows just how primitive xst community is in a lot of ways. to even connect the two and deny the facts like they are doing.

So  ive been told anything offtopic in this thread and without proof they will be deleted ofc you i can understand.
Wheatclove

Activity: 606
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 10:16:20 PM

I'm addressing this message mostly to your developer, but of course I'm open to your answers as well.
I'm not a person who usually comes into the forum to ask questions but for my own financial sake I'm going to do this for once.
I'm going to ask you gentlemen few questions, but I really expect an answer from your developer.
I invested a fair amount of money in your coin because my advisers found it to be a good investment, so I'm holding a fairly big chunk of shadow.
As you can expect, Shadow is not my only investment in the Crypto Market. I also invested in Anon, XCurrency, Stealth and a lot more Crypto currencies.
Within the last days, members of your community cause me to lose money with my investment in Stealth, because allover the trading markets
By association, Shadow become within the Crypto investors world a "much spoken about" investment, but not in a positive way.
As i said I couldn't care less about your feuds, my sole interest is in my own investment.
I would like to know if the members that caused all this havoc had been excluded from your community, and I want guarantees that this will not happen again, and I'd like to know what measures are taken to remedy the actual situation, or else I and my fellow business investors are taking their business else where!
Most off all, I'd like an answer from you and from your developer as if it is still safe to keep Shadow or just get rid of it.
Thank you all.

Honestly the community probably believes in personal freedoms. Holders of SDC can do and say whatever they want. It is frowned upon by the more mature members, but this is a consequence of freedom. Give someone an alias and an avatar to hide behind and they become a tough guy.

They are simple people creating chaos. They are not developers and they do not represent the developers of the coin.

SebSebastian

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 10:17:20 PM

Thank you all.

They have not and will not be. The devs have a hard enough time policing this thread let alone every thread that any community member posts in.

Here is my personal response. I am not a dev, but a community member and investor as you claim to be.

If you wish to sell your coins based on all the childish nonsense being spouted on this cesspool of a forum, rather than on the technical merits of the coin, then please do. In fact please pm me, maybe we could work out an off-market trade. I don't believe for a second that this is a sincere request, because I still have enough faith in the general intelligence of humanity to believe that most thinking people wouldn't make investment decisions based on such inconsequential criteria.

If you wish to discuss Shadow's technical merits let's talk. All this other drama is of no consequence to serious investors.

Pages: « 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 ... 612 »
  Print  

Jump to: