Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:57:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 [182] 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 ... 612 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA  (Read 1289610 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4894

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 02:19:24 AM

SDC is only a few months old mate this is not the final product it will be improved and right now it's as good if not better then anything else out there, that being said please stop talking about monero this is the SDC thread and everyone of your posts mentions it

I mention it only in response to others who do so, particularly when the statements are incorrect. Example:

with Monero this fails, i.e. person A can tell the money comes from me with a high probability.

then xmr

Now you are doing it. Why?

I never mentioned it once here until you started talking about it the other day anyways just seams like subtle advertisement to me, carry on, not looking for a back and forth.

You probably missed this post.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=583449.msg9947874#msg9947874

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dadon
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2014, 03:40:59 AM

SDC is only a few months old mate this is not the final product it will be improved and right now it's as good if not better then anything else out there, that being said please stop talking about monero this is the SDC thread and everyone of your posts mentions it

I mention it only in response to others who do so, particularly when the statements are incorrect. Example:

with Monero this fails, i.e. person A can tell the money comes from me with a high probability.

then xmr

I never mentioned it once here until you started talking about it the other day anyways just seams like subtle advertisement to me, carry on, not looking for a back and forth.

You probably missed this post.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=583449.msg9947874#msg9947874
yep sure did i don't go on that thread anymore, only here.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 04:06:25 AM

then xmr

There is no advertisement, I'm just having a semi-technical discussion, and people seem to frequently ask about SDC compared to other coins, so those other coins come up. DRK has come up as well, and I'm certainly not advertising for that.

child_harold

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 09:23:18 AM

Guys/Gals, can we please please stop getting carried away with this shadow and cryptonote...  Shadow is not based on cryptonote and does not function like cryptonote!

Sorry, but you are incorrect. It is using the exact same techniques of one time ring signatures (intractability) and stealth addresses (unlinkability). The code may be brand new but the cryptography techniques and math behind the one time ring signatures are the same (which include the zero knowledge proof) and were invented by cryptonote.

I could go and rewrite the code to do this stuff yet again (in fact I have done so for my own experimental purposes) but I wouldn't claim it to be anything other than a reimplementation of cryptonote. Someone else on the Monero project did it in python, and called it mininero.

If anyone is claiming otherwise they are either confused or trying to scam you (I don't suggest the latter necessarily, just pointing out the possibilities).

then xmr

There is no advertisement, I'm just having a semi-technical discussion, and people seem to frequently ask about SDC compared to other coins, so those other coins come up. DRK has come up as well, and I'm certainly not advertising for that.

Thanks smooth for coming to discuss the tech. Unfortunately Ryno has been unavailable for comment (since he's celebing xmas/sleeping/whatever) BUT I am hopeful he'll be making an appearance today.

Regarding this line of yours: "If anyone is claiming otherwise [of ssv2 being like cryptonote] they are either confused or trying to scam you (I don't suggest the latter necessarily, just pointing out the possibilities)".

there is no way dasourec is trying to scam anybody. he is sound and in the Team iirc. we can discount that. I suppose confusion is a possibility (although unlikely since he's a smart cookie), but so is you not being in possession of all the facts.

I look forward to hearing from the Team and Ryno in particular regarding shadowsend's similarity (or not) to cryptonote, and more info regarding the inner workings of SSv2.

There's lots of people still scratching their heads about what exactly has been achieved (I know I am). Certainly nobody has studied the code in any great detail and the paper is terse, so some further education would be most helpful.

Thanks.

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 09:56:37 AM

What perplexes me is why people are bending over backward to claim that shadowsend doesn't use (something very close to the) the cryptonote design for anonymous coins. It's a great system, the best one around. Your project and developers should be congratulated for choosing it and apparently implementing it effectively.

Instead this turns into a food fight over claims of "No, it's completely new!" (which as someone else pointed out is rather silly even if it weren't incorrect with respect to cryptonote, since every single coin is copied from bitcoin) and who is supposedly advertising in your thread. Silly.

Just give cryptonote their due credit for their part of all this (which is sort of done in the white paper since they are listed as a reference) and get back to the business of building and promoting the coin.

dadon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2014, 10:04:47 AM

What perplexes me is why people are bending over backward to claim that shadowsend doesn't use (something very close to the) the cryptonote design for anonymous coins. It's a great system, the best one around. Your project and developers should be congratulated for choosing it and apparently implementing it effectively.

Instead this turns into a food fight over claims of "No, it's completely new!" (which as someone else pointed out is rather silly even if it weren't incorrect with respect to cryptonote, since every single coin is copied from bitcoin) and who is supposedly advertising in your thread. Silly.

Just give cryptonote their due credit for their part of all this (which is sort of done in the white paper since they are listed as a reference) and get back to the business of building and promoting the coin.

How about we give our Devs credit because cryptonote has nothing to do with what they have done  and we stop talking about cryptonote coins here because SDC is not a cryptonote coin and this is the SDC thread sound good? it does to me, what perplexes me is how people make a big deal about price speculation here but they listen to this shit and say nothing, and we don't have to give cryptonote respect or credit like seriously why? give me a reason why we should give them respect and credit, what did they do for SDC again?
dadon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2014, 10:12:25 AM

your name suits you smooth,smoothest most sneaky troll on btc.org, i take my hat off too you, but it's time to go back to your own thread.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 10:12:40 AM

How about we give our Devs credit because cryptonote has nothing to do with what they have done

How about you stop posting that lie? Especially since your own devs included the cryptonote white paper as a reference in their white paper. It was somewhat questionable that they never explained how that reference relates to the rest of the paper (hint: extensively) but perhaps that was an honest oversight.

But since I've explained this to you several times already, and cited specific technical details to back it up, I can only conclude that you are being deliberately dishonest. Let's hope you are the only one. Individual trolls on bitcointalk are no big deal. The rest of the SDC community seems pretty cool about the whole thing.

child_harold

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 10:14:14 AM

How about we give our Devs credit because cryptonote has nothing to do with what they have done  and we stop talking about cryptonote coins here because SDC is not a cryptonote coin and this is the SDC thread sound good? it does to me, what perplexes me is how people make a big deal about price speculation here but they listen to this shit and say nothing, and we don't have to give cryptonote respect or credit like seriously why? give me a reason why we should give them respect and credit, what did they do for SDC again?

Easy. I invited smooth yesterday to rejoin the tech convo.
There clearly might be similarities between the two systems and I'm all up for comparing.

At this point we await Ryno and the cryptographer Techovert who together wrote SSv2 to weigh in.

CRYPTONOTE VS SHADOWSEND SHOULD BE ON HOLD TILL MORE INFO COMES FROM SDC DEVS

child_harold

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 10:16:53 AM

How about we give our Devs credit because cryptonote has nothing to do with what they have done

How about you stop posting that lie? Especially since your own devs included the cryptonote white paper as a reference in their white paper. It was somewhat questionable that they never explained how that reference relates to the rest of the paper (hint: extensively) but perhaps that was an honest oversight.

But since I've explained this to you several times already, and cited specific technical details to back it up, I can only conclude that you are being deliberately dishonest. Let's hope you are the only one. Individual trolls on bitcointalk are no big deal. The rest of the SDC community seems pretty cool about the whole thing.

There clearly might be similarities between the two systems and I'm all up for comparing.

At this point we await Ryno and the cryptographer Techovert who together wrote SSv2 to weigh in.

~~Insert meme of dude eating popcorn here~~

dadon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2014, 10:17:00 AM
Last edit: December 27, 2014, 10:28:54 AM by dadon

You forget to tell me why the SDC community needs to give give credit and respect to cryptonote, what did they do for us again? And im not a troll i don't go on other coins threads i am one of the largest SDC holders and have been holding for about 4 months now, i bet you don't even own any SDC so why the interest..if it's almost exactly the same as cryptonote as you claim.
dadon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2014, 10:19:50 AM

There is no Cryptonote vs Shadow just some guy constantly comparing them, saying they are the same, and telling us we should give them credit for something our dev team did and they had nothing to do with, I respect the hard work our dsev team has done, and giving credit to cryptonote for there hard yards and constantly comparing them is fucking rude.
child_harold

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 10:20:20 AM

You forget to tell me why the SDC community needs to give give credit and respect to cryptonote, what did they do for us again?

Dadon. Respect the passion. Lets keep it clean.

~~Insert meme of dude eating popcorn here~~

child_harold

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 10:21:18 AM

There is no Cryptonote vs Shadow just some guy constantly comparing them, saying they are the same, and telling us we should give them credit for something our dev team did and they had nothing to do with, I respect the hard work our dsev team has done, and giving credit to cryptonote for there hard yards and constantly comparing them is fucking rude.

YOU might well be right my passionate friend, but let's wait to hear it straight from the Ryno's mouth Wink

p.s. u guys type fast!

dadon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2014, 10:21:26 AM

Mother of God...Sorry i just really appreciate all the hard UNPAID!! work our team has done, and refuse to give anyone credit but them untill they say it's okay to give credit to someone else, i don't think that's going to happen.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 10:24:49 AM

You forget to tell me why the SDC community needs to give give credit and respect to cryptonote, what did they do for us again?

Let's see, they first applied the ring signature technique combined with stealth addresses to distributed cryptocurrencies, which is the exact same combination of techniques that SDC has now adopted as its core feature.

It should pretty damn obvious that something implemented 9 months later in the same market -- that the developers damn well knew about -- is clearly a derivative.

Your comment is about as absurd as asking what Satoshi did for us.

child_harold

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 10:25:37 AM

Mother of God...

It is for the best dadon…

child_harold

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 10:26:30 AM

Let's see, they first applied the ring signature technique combined with stealth addresses to distributed cryptocurrencies, which is the exact same combination of techniques that SDC has now adopted as its core feature.

It should pretty damn obvious that something implemented 9 months later in the same market -- that the developers damn well knew about -- is clearly a derivative.

Your comment is about as absurd as asking what Satoshi did for us.

Your pushing it a little smooth…
please

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 10:29:10 AM

Fair enough, but I keep telling you there is no "CRYPTONOTE VS SHADOWSEND" except that one particular person seems to want to make it into that.

dadon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2014, 10:31:08 AM

Fair enough, but I keep telling you there is no "CRYPTONOTE VS SHADOWSEND" except that one particular person seems to want to make it into that.

NO!! i just want you to cut it out couldn't care less for cryptonote, i bought em i dumped em now im here, why are you?
Pages: « 1 ... 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 [182] 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 ... 612 »
  Print  

Jump to: