Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:24:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Investment fund] Gamma Bitcoin Fund [Closed]  (Read 84190 times)
Distribution

Activity: 711
Merit: 500

Fight fire with photos.

View Profile
November 02, 2012, 02:26:59 PM

Just to clarify, I was genuinely an idiot and for some reason was mixed up about where I put my bitcoins. I wasn't drawing any comparisons, and I am glad that you're going to act to get what coins you can back to us.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 02, 2012, 02:38:50 PM

Just to clarify, I was genuinely an idiot and for some reason was mixed up about where I put my bitcoins. I wasn't drawing any comparisons, and I am glad that you're going to act to get what coins you can back to us.
haha it's fine Tongue
Well at the moment things is starting to look a bit dire, James has not responded to anyone for several days ( from what I can patch together by the forum posts), which is making me a bit nervous if we are ever going to see the light of the GLBSE documents.
//DeaDTerra
keystroke

Activity: 900
Merit: 1014

advocate of a cryptographic attack on the globe

View Profile
November 02, 2012, 03:52:48 PM

haha it's fine Tongue
Well at the moment things is starting to look a bit dire, James has not responded to anyone for several days ( from what I can patch together by the forum posts), which is making me a bit nervous if we are ever going to see the light of the GLBSE documents.
//DeaDTerra

Wow! Unbelievable! It would still be nice to divide those 400 coins up though. Everyone's vote should not be equal, the votes should be based on the percent of the fund they hold Smiley Hope all is well in Sweden!

"The difference between a castle and a prison is only a question of who holds the keys."
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
November 02, 2012, 03:57:22 PM

haha it's fine Tongue
//DeaDTerra

Wow! Unbelievable! It would still be nice to divide those 400 coins up though. Everyone's vote should not be equal, the votes should be based on the percent of the fund they hold Smiley Hope all is well in Sweden!
Cancel that Tongue
I just talked to James!
He had run out of credits on his phone ^^ that's why he couldn't call me.
I didn't learn that much but my update can be found here:
Disclaimer, I am not here to fight about anything, I am not here to tell you what's wrong or what's right or get into any argument. I am done with that. I am here to share what I have been told by Nefario. If you want to listen, listen if not, I won't force you.

This is the situation described to me by Nefario.
Right now about 50% of the double payments has been sent back.
The script for the payout is still broken and James is working to fix it, so that it doesn't send any more double spendings and so that it takes the double spendings into account.
Nefario, is suggesting that if the double spendings are not returned then your account info will not be included in the asset information/list until the payment is sent back.
He could not give me a ETA but it seems like once the script for the payment is fully function, the rest of the payments should follow shortly.

note:(I am not sure of the actual system of asset claim, if it will be a code system similar to the one Goat was given or if it will be a list of information)

I will answer any questions that I feel like and I will ignore the rest.
//DeaDTerra

Once we decide to pay out the payouts will indeed be proportional, as for the voting it seems like a majority isn't really following this thread so closely. So I decided to wait until the general opinion was clearer.
All is good in Sweden, a bit sleep deprived from the travel home but otherwise I am all good Cheesy thanks for asking.
//DeaDTerra
keystroke

View Profile
November 13, 2012, 04:46:35 AM

haha it's fine Tongue
//DeaDTerra

Cancel that Tongue
I just talked to James!
Disclaimer, I am not here to fight about anything, I am not here to tell you what's wrong or what's right or get into any argument. I am done with that. I am here to share what I have been told by Nefario. If you want to listen, listen if not, I won't force you.

The script for the payout is still broken and James is working to fix it, so that it doesn't send any more double spendings and so that it takes the double spendings into account.
Nefario, is suggesting that if the double spendings are not returned then your account info will not be included in the asset information/list until the payment is sent back.
He could not give me a ETA but it seems like once the script for the payment is fully function, the rest of the payments should follow shortly.

note:(I am not sure of the actual system of asset claim, if it will be a code system similar to the one Goat was given or if it will be a list of information)

//DeaDTerra

Once we decide to pay out the payouts will indeed be proportional, as for the voting it seems like a majority isn't really following this thread so closely. So I decided to wait until the general opinion was clearer.
All is good in Sweden, a bit sleep deprived from the travel home but otherwise I am all good Cheesy thanks for asking.
//DeaDTerra

Any word on this? It has now been 42 days since the fund was closed. Have those 400 coins made a profit or are they in limbo? I would like for them to be paid out. Does anyone object?

"The difference between a castle and a prison is only a question of who holds the keys."
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2012, 05:44:07 AM

Any word on this? It has now been 42 days since the fund was closed. Have those 400 coins made a profit or are they in limbo? I would like for them to be paid out. Does anyone object?

Those 400 coins won't go very far.  We might get back 0.5% of the coins sent to this malinvestment fund.

I prefer to be paid back in non-trivial amounts, but it's almost certainly a better idea to get our few remaining coins out of any further scams/malinvestments/oopsies/fiascos ASAP.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
strello

Activity: 234
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 13, 2012, 07:48:24 AM

I agree with the idea of some repayment, however small.

But, one member on the German mybitcointrade thread claims he has been partly paid out by Ziggy today,

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=37320.msg1332362#msg1332362

and I have received the following email from Ziggy:

"repaimend begins in the next 14 days. sorry for the delay"

Maybe a little bit more is coming back into GBF soon?

It is futile to speak of liberty as long as economic slavery exists.

My GPG key
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
November 13, 2012, 03:00:58 PM

haha it's fine Tongue
//DeaDTerra

Cancel that Tongue
I just talked to James!

//DeaDTerra

//DeaDTerra

I have yet to hear a clear opinions if you guys wish to have the coins paid out. Another alternative is to pay out 50% and keep 50% in the bot?
That would be the best compromise according to me.
//DeaDTerra
jackmaninov

Activity: 139

View Profile
November 13, 2012, 03:09:28 PM

I have yet to hear a clear opinions if you guys wish to have the coins paid out. Another alternative is to pay out 50% and keep 50% in the bot?
//DeaDTerra

I think we could form a clear opinion if we had some info on current profits coming from the bot. If there's no money to be made in arbitrage right now then the coins might as well be paid out.
keystroke

View Profile
November 13, 2012, 04:01:29 PM

Those 400 coins won't go very far.  We might get back 0.5% of the coins sent to this malinvestment fund.

I prefer to be paid back in non-trivial amounts, but it's almost certainly a better idea to get our few remaining coins out of any further scams/malinvestments/oopsies/fiascos ASAP.

At least it's something. After what happened I am worried about the value going down even more and I would like to clear up any loose ends before this year is over (that is, try to get my Bitcoin back from other people who are holding them... only DT and some GLBSE shares).

DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
November 13, 2012, 04:16:02 PM

//DeaDTerra

I think we could form a clear opinion if we had some info on current profits coming from the bot. If there's no money to be made in arbitrage right now then the coins might as well be paid out.
Approximately 5 Bitcoins has been made since we started investing in the bots. 5 Bitcoins for about two weeks of 400 BTC investment.
I also want to add that the bot performance changes dramatically depending on several factors of the market, hence it's very hard to make a general assumption for the profit of the bot.
Right now I have 423,97 Bitcoins amd 347$ that belongs to the fund.
//DeaDTerra
jimbobway
Legendary

Activity: 1304

View Profile
November 13, 2012, 09:01:25 PM

Sigh.  My monies...

I got an idea.  How about we put it all on Satoshi Dice.  Just one bet.  I'm in if everyone else is in.
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
November 13, 2012, 09:09:36 PM

Sigh.  My monies...

I got an idea.  How about we put it all on Satoshi Dice.  Just one bet.  I'm in if everyone else is in.
That sounds like a very bad idea as the odds are against us gaining on such a bet, that's gambling and it's a gamble when the odds are not even in your favor Tongue
I will do my best to find,claim and liquidate the asset that we have left, unfortunately this process will be a lot slower then originally thought due to the massive delays with GLBSE.
//DeaDTerra
strello

View Profile
November 13, 2012, 11:48:38 PM

I'm very much in favour of paying out what little there is now.

The 450 or so left now would give everyone back around 6% of their "investment".

That's better than nothing when this unpredictable bot eats it or something.

Then I think any other money should be paid out as soon as it's recovered.

Can we please get some opinions in here and put an end to this sad farce?

My GPG key
keystroke

View Profile
November 14, 2012, 05:08:53 AM

The 450 or so left now would give everyone back around 6% of their "investment".

Agreed, I would like to be paid out ASAP. My friend who is has a decent sum invested agreed with me - he is busy with school or would post here as well. I can probably get him to email DT directly. (Writing him now so he can confirm this through a private email)

Since so many people are quiet -- is there anyone who really wants us to keep waiting more months and months? Aside from the one guy who wants to bet it all on Satoshi Dice - I would rather do that honestly than keep waiting Cheesy Although I am sure he said it tongue in cheek ;P Then again, who knows!

Edit: I added a poll here, https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=124180.0

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2012, 06:58:09 AM

DeadTerra,

When are you going to follow through on your promise to release the scammer (Ziggi/Crazy) passport and ID scans?

For what reason has that action been delayed thus far?

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2012, 07:19:11 AM

DeadTerra,

When are you going to follow through on your promise to release the scammer (Ziggi/Crazy) passport and ID scans?

For what reason has that action been delayed thus far?
This information has already been released, please do you research before you open you mouth thanks Smiley
//DeaDTerra
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2012, 07:19:42 AM

Agreed, I would like to be paid out ASAP. My friend who is has a decent sum invested agreed with me - he is busy with school or would post here as well. I can probably get him to email DT directly. (Writing him now so he can confirm this through a private email)

Since so many people are quiet -- is there anyone who really wants us to keep waiting more months and months? Aside from the one guy who wants to bet it all on Satoshi Dice - I would rather do that honestly than keep waiting Cheesy Although I am sure he said it tongue in cheek ;P Then again, who knows!

Edit: I added a poll here, https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=124180.0
I will honor whatever the poll results will be.
//DeaDTerra
strello

View Profile
November 14, 2012, 01:06:42 PM

I think that keystroke's poll is very entertaining, but this isn't just a poll for GBF investors, any bitcointalk forum members can vote.

The result must not be taken as any kind of indication of the wishes of GBF investors.

Of course those with either no, or very small, investment find the prospect of a roll of the dice appealing.

I would prefer a payout, but a part of me thinks the Satoshi dice option is probably more appropriate given the increasingly farcical nature of this fund.

from  Wikipedia:

"a farce is a comedy which aims at entertaining the audience by means of unlikely, extravagant, and improbable situations, disguise and mistaken identity, verbal humor of varying degrees of sophistication, which may include word play, and a fast-paced plot whose speed usually increases, culminating in an ending which often involves an elaborate chase scene. Farces are often highly incomprehensible plot-wise (due to the large number of plot twists and random events that often occur), but viewers are encouraged not to try to follow the plot in order to avoid becoming confused and overwhelmed. "

My GPG key
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2012, 01:29:28 PM

I think that keystroke's poll is very entertaining, but this isn't just a poll for GBF investors, any bitcointalk forum members can vote.

The result must not be taken as any kind of indication of the wishes of GBF investors.

Of course those with either no, or very small, investment find the prospect of a roll of the dice appealing.

I would prefer a payout, but a part of me thinks the Satoshi dice option is probably more appropriate given the increasingly farcical nature of this fund.

from  Wikipedia:

"a farce is a comedy which aims at entertaining the audience by means of unlikely, extravagant, and improbable situations, disguise and mistaken identity, verbal humor of varying degrees of sophistication, which may include word play, and a fast-paced plot whose speed usually increases, culminating in an ending which often involves an elaborate chase scene. Farces are often highly incomprehensible plot-wise (due to the large number of plot twists and random events that often occur), but viewers are encouraged not to try to follow the plot in order to avoid becoming confused and overwhelmed. "
That's true, I did not take that into consideration when the statement was made.
I will take it into consideration when the final decision is made but not as an absolute fact.
I personally feel like a dice roll is a stupid idea tbh.

Payout it probably what I will end up doing, as I feel that people have waited long enough and as this wait seem to be even longer a small payout is the least I can do.

Indeed, This is getting quite ridiculous.
//DeaDTerra
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  

Jump to: