Bitcoin Forum
December 03, 2016, 03:41:25 PM *
News: To be able to use the next phase of the beta forum software, please ensure that your email address is correct/functional.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Investment fund] Gamma Bitcoin Fund [Closed]  (Read 77797 times)
BTCurious

Activity: 714

^SEM img of Si wafer edge, scanned 2012-3-12.

View Profile
July 12, 2012, 02:54:25 PM

This. Or you can save the authentication code just below the QR code (I think). Or both. Anyway, the most important thing is that you encrypt it, and store it in multiple locations. Smiley
Indeed you can. You can actually verify that it works by making the link on your phone not by QR code, but by taking the manual process of typing the secret.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
Newar
Legendary

Activity: 1148

https://gliph.me/hUF

View Profile
July 12, 2012, 06:54:02 PM

This. Or you can save the authentication code just below the QR code (I think). Or both. Anyway, the most important thing is that you encrypt it, and store it in multiple locations. Smiley
Indeed you can. You can actually verify that it works by making the link on your phone not by QR code, but by taking the manual process of typing the secret.

Is it possible to make that backup once you have the Authenticator already installed and running?

Wouldn't a back up via Titanium Backup on a rooted device backup the necessary data as well?

OTC rating | GPG keyid 1DC91318EE785FDE | Gliph: lightning bicycle tree music | Mycelium, a swift & secure Bitcoin client for Android | LocalBitcoins
DiabloD3
Legendary

Activity: 1162

DiabloMiner author

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2012, 06:58:43 PM

Is it possible to make that backup once you have the Authenticator already installed and running?

Wouldn't a back up via Titanium Backup on a rooted device backup the necessary data as well?

iirc that works too. Not all people do or can use Titanium Backup.

OneEyed
aka aurele

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2012, 07:37:25 PM

That's what I use and it works fine. But I doubt DeaDTerra has already rooted his brand new gadget Smiley

Mushoz

Activity: 686

Bitbuy

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2012, 01:09:09 AM

In the document list of your investors, how can I figure out what my number is? I would like to keep track of my balance. Thank you very much in advance Smiley

www.bitbuy.nl - Koop eenvoudig, snel en goedkoop bitcoins bij Bitbuy!
Newar
Legendary

Activity: 1148

https://gliph.me/hUF

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 03:10:44 AM

In the document list of your investors, how can I figure out what my number is? I would like to keep track of my balance. Thank you very much in advance Smiley

I did send a PM and got an answer quickly.

OTC rating | GPG keyid 1DC91318EE785FDE | Gliph: lightning bicycle tree music | Mycelium, a swift & secure Bitcoin client for Android | LocalBitcoins
ADgordo

Activity: 107

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 05:11:57 AM

He gave me mine when I sent him an email, probably best if he didn't advertise your # here.
Lobstertorch

Activity: 47

ಥ_ಥ

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 01:44:02 PM

iirc that works too. Not all people do or can use Titanium Backup.

You can also retrieve your key by using any root shell / terminal emulator (possible even without root)
(see method 3)
http://cadince.com/3-ways-to-move-google-authenticator/
DeaDTerra
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 07:00:00 PM

Hey guys! Just want to say that I have internet and everythings  working fine.
Regarding the Investor number, send me a pm or email Smiley
I will fix the authenticator backup once I get home, as I don't have the equipment to do it here. I will make sure we have a good and working backup that's safe and encrypted.

I also want to add that I won't be updating the log book daily as it's simply to much work doing it from this laptop. But I will keep the order books and investments up to date so don't worry it shouldn't effect the profit of the fund.

//DeaDTerra
Lobstertorch

Activity: 47

ಥ_ಥ

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 07:06:00 PM

I will fix the authenticator backup once I get home, as I don't have the equipment to do it here. I will make sure we have a good and working backup that's safe and encrypted.

I also want to add that I won't be updating the log book daily as it's simply to much work doing it from this laptop. But I will keep the order books and investments up to date so don't worry it shouldn't effect the profit of the fund.

//DeaDTerra

I'd recommend just screen shotting and encrypting the QR codes and backing those up (dropbox / google drive or whatever) as you should be able to do that just fine from your laptop.

EDIT: not that it can't wait but just an easier / simpler solution
bitsmith

Activity: 25

View Profile
July 14, 2012, 10:24:50 AM

//DeaDTerra

I don't trust this for one bit. First you state that you will be traveling to another country and now you won't be updating the logs anymore? Seems like you took the money and ran:

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/son-i-am-disappoint-original.gif

Tongue But in all seriousness, have a great holiday Smiley

OTC rating: http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=bitsmith
vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1610

V.V.V.V.V.

View Profile
July 14, 2012, 06:58:54 PM

//DeaDTerra

I don't trust this for one bit. First you state that you will be traveling to another country and now you won't be updating the logs anymore? Seems like you took the money and ran:

God I hope so Tongue
But we have been moving away from the very volatile GLBSE and more towards diversified, reasonably safe loans so that portfolio management has become a lot more, well, manageable so I think Ludvig can spend a few days away... on our coin  Roll Eyes

...مكتوب
Escape the plutocrats’ zanpakutō, Flower in the Mirror, Moon on the Water: brave “the ascent which is rough and steep” (Plato).
DeaDTerra
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2012, 07:37:09 PM

//DeaDTerra

God I hope so Tongue
But we have been moving away from the very volatile GLBSE and more towards diversified, reasonably safe loans so that portfolio management has become a lot more, well, manageable so I think Ludvig can spend a few days away... on our coin  Roll Eyes
Hhaha first off all Love the picture Bitsmith xD, second of all don't worry I am still keeping controll of the investments and updating order books etc on a daily basis. But I am simple too lazy to update the log book from this computer as it doesn't have the usual setup that I use to fix the log book (several screens, a good browser, bookmarks etc). I will do one massive update on sunday/monday, with all the changes that has happened to our portfolio since I went on holiday Smiley
And as pointed out by Anthony, I am moving away from GLBSE so most of the changes is just liquidating of assets and moving them into loans and bonds.

On the good side for once nothing big happens while I am gone, Except a massive price increase which I am sure is going to have a slight negative impact on our profit, but no crashes no default or some other major catastrophy Cheesy

//DeaDTerra
Slushpuppy

Activity: 104

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 10:39:48 PM

What is the smallest I could invest in this?

Litecoin Address: LfMeo8KnbgGywFMQmDvAbRLXXguZaHncEy
bitsmith

View Profile
July 16, 2012, 07:14:53 PM

1 Satoshi

DeaDTerra
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 16, 2012, 07:15:29 PM

1 Satoshi
Actually minimum is 5 BTC Smiley
//DeaDTerra
bitsmith

View Profile
July 18, 2012, 09:27:08 PM

1 Satoshi
//DeaDTerra
Shouldn't you be writing some kind of status report? Tongue

DeaDTerra
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 18, 2012, 09:48:46 PM

1 Satoshi
//DeaDTerra
Shouldn't you be writing some kind of status report? Tongue
I should be xD, but I have been quite lazy. I will probably write it tonight, then check it through tomorrow to make sure it's good and then post it tomorrow morning Smiley
I will make it worth the wait I promise Tongue
//DeaDTerra
ADgordo

Activity: 107

View Profile
July 18, 2012, 10:34:02 PM

Does this fund pay dividends or does it strictly increase/decrease the principal based on market ups and downs?
DeaDTerra
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 18, 2012, 10:55:39 PM

Does this fund pay dividends or does it strictly increase/decrease the principal based on market ups and downs?
It only keeps a so called NAV or value of fund holdings, but if the fund goes positive and you have setup your account to payout profits then instead of the profit being added to you account it's paid out Smiley
//DeaDTerra
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.