Bitcoin Forum
December 03, 2016, 03:41:45 PM *
News: To be able to use the next phase of the beta forum software, please ensure that your email address is correct/functional.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Investment fund] Gamma Bitcoin Fund [Closed]  (Read 77799 times)
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 1498

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2013, 04:10:31 AM

Good new everyone.
I have now gotten back 1000 Bitcoins Smiley
So I will be paying them out later this weeked.
It should be another healthy chunk of coins.
//DeaDTerra

We still on track for a payout?

Yes at the moment I am waiting for some last payment addresses so that the people who have yet to receive payment one receives it first.
Once all investors have received payment one, I will launch payment two. It might stretch over a couple of days as I will be doing it manually Smiley
So bear with me.
//DeaDTerra

It's now been more than "a couple of days" past "later this weekend."  Please send my payment regardless of the very few investors who failed to maintain proper communication and transmit payout addresses.

I'm eager to buy some ASICMINER, which BTW is going for at least 0.32BTC/share on this auction:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=141067.60;topicseen

You could sell GBF's shares in a similar manner, or create a pass-through on BitFunder and I'd snatch some up.

I'm probably not the only one eager for this "closing" fund to be liquidated.

Thanks for seeing this project through to completion.   Smiley

The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy.  David Chaum 1996
Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect.  Adam Back 2014
"Monero" : { Private - Auditable - 100% Fungible - Flexible Blocksize - Wild & Free® - Intro - Wallets - Podcats - Roadmap - Dice - Blackjack - Github - Android }

Bitcoin is intentionally designed to be ungovernable and governance-free.  luke-jr 2016
Blocks must necessarily be full for the Bitcoin network to be able to pay for its own security.  davout 2015
Blocksize is an intentionally limited resource, like the 21e6 BTC limit.  Changing it degrades the surrounding economics, creating negative incentives.  Jeff Garzik 2013

"I believed @Dashpay instamine was a bug & not a feature but then read: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg13017231#msg13017231
I'm not against people making money, but can't support questionable origins."
https://twitter.com/Tone_LLT/status/717822927908024320

The raison d'être of bitcoin is trustlessness. - Eric Lombrozo 2015
It is an Engineering Requirement that Bitcoin be “Above the Law”  Paul Sztorc 2015
Resiliency, not efficiency, is the paramount goal of decentralized, non-state sanctioned currency -Jon Matonis 2015

Bitcoin is intentionally designed to be ungovernable and governance-free.  luke-jr 2016

Technology tends to move in the direction of making surveillance easier, and the ability of computers to track us doubles every eighteen months. - Phil Zimmerman 2013

The only way to make software secure, reliable, and fast is to make it small. Fight Features. - Andy Tanenbaum 2004

"Hard forks cannot be co

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DeaDTerra
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
February 08, 2013, 07:46:57 AM

Good new everyone.
I have now gotten back 1000 Bitcoins Smiley
So I will be paying them out later this weeked.
It should be another healthy chunk of coins.
//DeaDTerra

We still on track for a payout?

Yes at the moment I am waiting for some last payment addresses so that the people who have yet to receive payment one receives it first.
Once all investors have received payment one, I will launch payment two. It might stretch over a couple of days as I will be doing it manually Smiley
So bear with me.
//DeaDTerra

It's now been more than "a couple of days" past "later this weekend."  Please send my payment regardless of the very few investors who failed to maintain proper communication and transmit payout addresses.

I'm eager to buy some ASICMINER, which BTW is going for at least 0.32BTC/share on this auction:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=141067.60;topicseen

You could sell GBF's shares in a similar manner, or create a pass-through on BitFunder and I'd snatch some up.

I'm probably not the only one eager for this "closing" fund to be liquidated.

Thanks for seeing this project through to completion.   Smiley
Yes I apologize,
It's partily due to that I am waiting on responses from some people and partially due to that I have been quite busy this week.
The plan is to send the payments out tonight or tomorrow morning.
I don't think that creating a GBF asset is such a good idea, it's a inactive asset that's shuting down and liquidating.
Thank you for your patience.
//DeaDTerra
strello

Activity: 233

View Profile
February 08, 2013, 11:01:47 AM

I agree with most of what Icebreaker says.

It would be very nice to get the payout promised last weekend.

Could you maybe also do an update to post #660, to let us know the current situation with reclaiming shares and loans:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74975.msg1430325#msg1430325

It would be very good to know how the legal process is going with GigaMining.

And what is your current thinking about ASICMINER. The 4607 ASICMINER shares could easily raise 1600+ BTC right now, but as it looks like they may well be the first to start ASIC mining, maybe there could be a much better profit later.

Thanks.

It is futile to speak of liberty as long as economic slavery exists.

My GPG key
strello

View Profile
February 08, 2013, 11:12:32 AM

And with the unresponsive shareholders, can't you just hold their payouts for the moment, and make an announcement by email and here about a time limit for claiming, 2 months or something, and then those unclaimed payouts could be shared amongst the remaining shareholders.

Just a suggestion as it's pretty annoying for us all to have our payments delayed so much by a couple of unresponsive people.

And, of course, thanks for all your continued work on this.

My GPG key
DeaDTerra
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2013, 04:41:25 PM

As said, I will sit down today and tomorrow morning and start sending out payments.
Sure I can update the list but not much has happened.
As for the ASICMINER shares, I plan to keep them as I believe that they will be worth a lot more once the ASIC is up and running Smiley
I will keep the Bitcoins for them, I just wanted to close the bag on the last payment before I start a new one.
//DeaDTerra
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2013, 05:00:23 PM

If GBF is actually closing, then please proceed apace with the demonstrated opportunity to liquidate its assets.

If GBF is continuing to hold assets in the hope of future appreciation, then it's not really closing.

If you're not going to make payouts and allow shareholders to take advantage of the record $22+ POB, don't say you are and then disappoint us.

Holding up payments because of a couple of flakes is unreasonable, and could cost us money if the POB crashes before we have a chance to sell.

Thanks again.   Cool

The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy.  David Chaum 1996
"Monero" : { Private - Auditable - 100% Fungible - Flexible Blocksize - Wild & Free® - Intro - Wallets - Podcats - Roadmap - Dice - Blackjack - Github - Android }

Blocks must necessarily be full for the Bitcoin network to be able to pay for its own security.  davout 2015
Blocksize is an intentionally limited resource, like the 21e6 BTC limit.  Changing it degrades the surrounding economics, creating negative incentives.  Jeff Garzik 2013

"I believed @Dashpay instamine was a bug & not a feature but then read: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg13017231#msg13017231

It is an Engineering Requirement that Bitcoin be “Above the Law”  Paul Sztorc 2015
Resiliency, not efficiency, is the paramount goal of decentralized, non-state sanctioned currency -Jon Matonis 2015

Technology tends to move in the direction of making surveillance easier, and the ability of computers to track us doubles every eighteen months. - Phil Zimmerman 2013

The only way to make software secure, reliable, and fast is to make it small. Fight Features. - Andy Tanenbaum 2004

"Hard forks cannot be co
CecilNiosaki

Activity: 205

View Profile
February 08, 2013, 05:05:30 PM

Personally, I would suggested holding on the ASCI shares until the first few dividends with their new hardware have been paid. If they are one of the first on the market, their profit will be high, and this will push the price even higher than they are now. To sell now would be to forsake the profit, and I think that if we are patient for this, we may be able to get a large majority, if not all of our funds back Smiley
DeaDTerra
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2013, 05:09:12 PM

If GBF is actually closing, then please proceed apace with the demonstrated opportunity to liquidate its assets.

If GBF is continuing to hold assets in the hope of future appreciation, then it's not really closing.

If you're not going to make payouts and allow shareholders to take advantage of the record $22+ POB, don't say you are and then disappoint us.

Holding up payments because of a couple of flakes is unreasonable, and could cost us money if the POB crashes before we have a chance to sell.

Thanks again.   Cool
I understand why you think as such, but is it not still my duty to make sure you guys get back as much as possible?
By holding ASICMINER until they start mining, we will be able to get a lot more from the shares.
I could have been a shitty person and just put up a auction for all our shares and sold them all off for a fraction of their value.
But I didn't, I decided to stick with it and keep pushing to get back as much as possible.
So please have patience. I will do my best to speed up the process and I understand it's frustrating to have to wait for so long.

//DeaDTerra
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2013, 05:15:46 PM

Okay, okay.  I'll stop nagging you.   Grin

Go ASICMINER!  To the moon!!!

"Hard forks cannot be co
LoweryCBS

Activity: 364

firstbits 1LoCBS

View Profile
February 08, 2013, 05:31:11 PM

(check my math below before relying on the results)

Want to know how much ASICMiner value is in your personal Gamma shares?

Gamma investors can calculate their percent ownership of the total fund from here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjO5QWRR9dAHdHZJRE1WRU00RWVEcEFNT0FQWmtlYmc#gid=0

(while the numbers in the 'A' column are outdated amounts due to partial payouts, they are still useful for calculating percent ownership of remaining assets)

Divide your personal number in column 'A' by 7214.14 (the grand total of column 'A') and that's your percent ownership of Gamma.

Multiply that resulting percent by 4607 (the fund's number of ASICMiner shares) and multiply that result by the current market value of ASICMiner as (sorta) determined in this auction here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=141067.0

(currently ~0.4 BTC / ASICMiner share)

For example, Investor #100 would calculate his value this way:

(188.78 / 7214.14) x 4607 x 0.4 = 48.22 BTC worth of ASICMiner

bitdragon

Activity: 610

peace

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2013, 08:04:57 PM

(check my math below before relying on the results)

Want to know how much ASICMiner value is in your personal Gamma shares?

Gamma investors can calculate their percent ownership of the total fund from here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjO5QWRR9dAHdHZJRE1WRU00RWVEcEFNT0FQWmtlYmc#gid=0

(while the numbers in the 'A' column are outdated amounts due to partial payouts, they are still useful for calculating percent ownership of remaining assets)

Divide your personal number in column 'A' by 7214.14 (the grand total of column 'A') and that's your percent ownership of Gamma.

Multiply that resulting percent by 4607 (the fund's number of ASICMiner shares) and multiply that result by the current market value of ASICMiner as (sorta) determined in this auction here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=141067.0

(currently ~0.4 BTC / ASICMiner share)

For example, Investor #100 would calculate his value this way:

(188.78 / 7214.14) x 4607 x 0.4 = 48.22 BTC worth of ASICMiner

thanks, that's the best news in a while for my bitcoins Smiley

DeaDTerra
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2013, 10:50:39 AM

Payments are starting to go out now.
A total of 939.203 BTC will be paid out.
I have paid out all the old payments except 2 which still have invalid addresses.
//DeaDTerra
DeaDTerra
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2013, 11:34:12 AM

Double payments were accidentally sent to
Number 79-81.
Addresses
1CKggsBQbziwYBrdUzsG3UpABw22TWgBfg
1EFRrphzrhFyWCDpSNuAt4B9gcSyjiWXht
1FgFNoVGpBfhDwBWc166mhoC3vwGSQ6Sfy
Please return the coins to 121WSe4wVi8TqtzCzcpXDc8mKxDv281WU8
If you do not return then them I will take the same amount from future payments.
Until then I will cover it with my own money as it was my fuck up.
//DeaDTerra
DeaDTerra
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2013, 11:43:26 AM

I have processed all payments,
If you haven't received yours please send me a message and I will investigate further.
//DeaDTerra
strello

View Profile
February 10, 2013, 12:08:34 PM

Received this payment- thank you very much.  Smiley

But I'm curious about one thing .

In message #676  , you say you had 300- 400 BTC.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74975.msg1496130#msg1496130

Then you said you got another 1000 BTC from a debt from IMSAGUY.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74975.msg1498557#msg1498557

Now you have paid out 939 BTC.

Why haven't you paid out the other 360- 460 BTC?

My GPG key
DeaDTerra
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2013, 12:17:07 PM

Received this payment- thank you very much.  Smiley

But I'm curious about one thing .

In message #676  , you say you had 300- 400 BTC.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74975.msg1496130#msg1496130

Then you said you got another 1000 BTC from a debt from IMSAGUY.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74975.msg1498557#msg1498557

Now you have paid out 939 BTC.

Why haven't you paid out the other 360- 460 BTC?
The debt was paid in batches,
IMSA Guy debt was not 1000 BTC but 800 BTC.
The 300- 400 BTC I was talking about was partially IMSAGUY payments as well as some from dividends and selling other assets.
And when I said a thousand that was the total amount collected, about 800 from IMSAGUY and about 200 BTC collected from other ventures the reason why it was dropped to 939 is because I had not considered the old payments which were not sent due to invalid addresses etc. Which were now paid out.
I am sorry if I have been unclear, with the announcements. I will be more clear of if it's a partial payment or a total amount as well as where the money came from.
Best Regards
//DeaDTerra
GoWest

Activity: 543

betwithbtc.com

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2013, 12:27:38 PM

Payment received.  TYVM

DeaDTerra
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2013, 12:29:19 PM

If you guys feel like it, please rate me on OTC Smiley
http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DeaDTerra
//DeaDTerra
lenny_
Legendary

Activity: 953

View Profile
February 10, 2013, 02:10:07 PM

Payment received. My current status of an investment with you is: 16.26% funds I invested I have back. Probably I will never recover all of it but at least we have higher BTC/fiat rate right now so numbers are better.
I want this investment fund closing to be handled in secure way, with all required time to get things done, without selling shares for a friction of price. I can wait. Thanks again, DeadTerra  Smiley
DeaDTerra
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2013, 02:39:04 PM

Payment received. My current status of an investment with you is: 16.26% funds I invested I have back. Probably I will never recover all of it but at least we have higher BTC/fiat rate right now so numbers are better.
I want this investment fund closing to be handled in secure way, with all required time to get things done, without selling shares for a friction of price. I can wait. Thanks again, DeadTerra  Smiley
Hm that must be of the original deposit?
As according to my numbers 19.24 % has been paid back of the investor value when the fund shut down.
Indeed that is my goal Smiley, I want to take my time and try to get back as much as possible.
//DeaDTerra
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.