Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 01:18:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Ubuntu Natty Narwhal 11.04 Mining Guide / HOWTO  (Read 281372 times)
sniper_sniperson

Activity: 124
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 10, 2011, 10:57:57 PM

Did you set your display env variable?

Code:
echo export DISPLAY=:0 >> .bashrc
source .bashrc
[/quote]

Yes.

For sure miner can't be run in this state because there is no gpus in his device list. Only cpu is shown.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HudsonStan

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2011, 11:22:53 PM

Step "make -j3" ends with error:
Code:
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /opt/ati-stream-sdk-v2.1-lnx64/lib/x86_64/libOpenCL.so when searching for -lOpenCL
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lOpenCL
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
error: command 'g++' failed with exit status 1
make: *** [all] Error 1
HW: Radeon 5770
Inaba (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2011, 03:10:41 AM

Ok, well, I did some testing. It seems the Natty archives are not up to date.

Anyone with a 6xxx card will have problems with this guide.   I'm looking for a fix, but as of yet I haven't found it.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
Inaba (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2011, 06:13:31 AM
Last edit: May 11, 2011, 07:01:36 AM by Inaba

On ArchLinux (yes, this OS is better, just look how simple it is !) :

1. Install catalyst and amdstream from the AUR.
2. Install python2-pyopencl from the official packages and python2-jsonrpc-svn from the AUR.
3. Run your miner.

And Ubuntu is supposed to be noob-friendly ? I can't believe it ! Never mind the fact that the "Ubuntu-way" is a real pain to keep updated too.

Archlinux is quite a bit harder to install and in fact requires FAR more steps to get to the point where you can install the catalyst drivers, amdstream and python.  You even have to install X manually.

There's a place for Archlinux and it's a good distro... but as a simple to setup mining solution?  It's about as far away as you can get.  I can't believe you even posted this, it's such a complete bag of BS and an outright lie.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
sniper_sniperson

Activity: 124
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 11, 2011, 08:13:56 AM

Ok, well, I did some testing. It seems the Natty archives are not up to date.

Anyone with a 6xxx card will have problems with this guide.   I'm looking for a fix, but as of yet I haven't found it.

I fought with the problems on 5870 Roll Eyes

Well, people, is it better for the miners to switch to some dependecy free distro like Slackware yes?  Roll Eyes
Inaba (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2011, 08:42:39 AM

That's strange, I have installed it on miners with 5870's no problem.  Hmm...

The 6xxx series is giving me a major headache though.  Definitely glad I don't have any of those as miners, they aren't supported very well yet.

ED1980

Activity: 1

View Profile
May 12, 2011, 01:39:49 AM

http://forums.amd.com/devforum/messageview.cfm?catid=390&threadid=125792&enterthread=y- AMD APP SDK v2.4 deb-packages for Ubuntu. Please add an option in the setup guide ...
Thanks here:16XSsbfvhmVyofctJrvk9XYWmjXWxsep6Q
humble

Activity: 91
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 12, 2011, 04:18:32 AM

Once you have it going I recommend installing AMDOverdriveCtrl and using it to underclock your memory. Down to 300 for 5xxx cards and 320 or 340 for 6xxx cards. You can also have it control your fanspeed.

Making these changes will give you a slight increase in speed AND decrease your power consumption and temperature quite noticeably.

Source and binary .debs (for Debian derivatives such as Ubuntu) available at http://sourceforge.net/projects/amdovdrvctrl/
ataranlen

Activity: 846

The One and Only

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2011, 07:20:32 AM

Step "make -j3" ends with error:
Code:
HW: Radeon 5770

Same issue here, HW: 2x Radeon 5870x2

Code:
nathan@TheBeast:~/pyopencl-0.92$ make -j3
ctags -R src || true
/bin/sh: ctags: not found
/usr/bin/python setup.py build
running build
running build_py
running build_ext
building '_cl' extension
gcc -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -fwrapv -Wall -O3 -DNDEBUG -fPIC -DBOOST_MULTI_INDEX_DISABLE_SERIALIZATION=1 -Isrc/cpp -Ibpl-subset/bpl_subset -I/opt/ati-stream-sdk-v2.1-lnx64/include/ -I/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/numpy/core/include -I/usr/include/python2.7 -c src/wrapper/wrap_cl.cpp -o build/temp.linux-i686-2.7/src/wrapper/wrap_cl.o
In file included from bpl-subset/bpl_subset/boost/python/detail/wrap_python.hpp:50:0,
                 from bpl-subset/bpl_subset/boost/python/detail/prefix.hpp:13,
                 from bpl-subset/bpl_subset/boost/python/slice.hpp:9,
                 from src/wrapper/wrap_cl.hpp:41,
                 from src/wrapper/wrap_cl.cpp:1:
/usr/include/python2.7/pyconfig.h:1155:0: warning: "_POSIX_C_SOURCE" redefined
/usr/include/features.h:163:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition
/usr/include/python2.7/pyconfig.h:1177:0: warning: "_XOPEN_SOURCE" redefined
/usr/include/features.h:165:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition
gcc -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -fwrapv -Wall -O3 -DNDEBUG -fPIC -DBOOST_MULTI_INDEX_DISABLE_SERIALIZATION=1 -Isrc/cpp -Ibpl-subset/bpl_subset -I/opt/ati-stream-sdk-v2.1-lnx64/include/ -I/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/numpy/core/include -I/usr/include/python2.7 -c src/wrapper/wrap_cl_part_1.cpp -o build/temp.linux-i686-2.7/src/wrapper/wrap_cl_part_1.o
In file included from bpl-subset/bpl_subset/boost/python/detail/wrap_python.hpp:50:0,
                 from src/wrapper/wrap_cl_part_1.cpp:1:
/usr/include/features.h:163:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition
/usr/include/features.h:165:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition
gcc -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -fwrapv -Wall -O3 -DNDEBUG -fPIC -DBOOST_MULTI_INDEX_DISABLE_SERIALIZATION=1 -Isrc/cpp -Ibpl-subset/bpl_subset -I/opt/ati-stream-sdk-v2.1-lnx64/include/ -I/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/numpy/core/include -I/usr/include/python2.7 -c src/wrapper/wrap_cl_part_2.cpp -o build/temp.linux-i686-2.7/src/wrapper/wrap_cl_part_2.o
                 from src/wrapper/wrap_cl_part_2.cpp:1:
gcc -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -fwrapv -Wall -O3 -DNDEBUG -fPIC -DBOOST_MULTI_INDEX_DISABLE_SERIALIZATION=1 -Isrc/cpp -Ibpl-subset/bpl_subset -I/opt/ati-stream-sdk-v2.1-lnx64/include/ -I/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/numpy/core/include -I/usr/include/python2.7 -c src/wrapper/wrap_constants.cpp -o build/temp.linux-i686-2.7/src/wrapper/wrap_constants.o
                 from src/wrapper/wrap_constants.cpp:1:
src/wrapper/wrap_constants.cpp: In function ‘void pyopencl_expose_constants()’:
src/wrapper/wrap_constants.cpp:87:5: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
src/wrapper/wrap_constants.cpp:91:5: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
src/wrapper/wrap_constants.cpp:92:5: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
src/wrapper/wrap_constants.cpp:93:5: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
gcc -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -fwrapv -Wall -O3 -DNDEBUG -fPIC -DBOOST_MULTI_INDEX_DISABLE_SERIALIZATION=1 -Isrc/cpp -Ibpl-subset/bpl_subset -I/opt/ati-stream-sdk-v2.1-lnx64/include/ -I/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/numpy/core/include -I/usr/include/python2.7 -c bpl-subset/bpl_subset/libs/python/src/object/function_doc_signature.cpp -o build/temp.linux-i686-2.7/bpl-subset/bpl_subset/libs/python/src/object/function_doc_signature.o
gcc -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -fwrapv -Wall -O3 -DNDEBUG -fPIC -DBOOST_MULTI_INDEX_DISABLE_SERIALIZATION=1 -Isrc/cpp -Ibpl-subset/bpl_subset -I/opt/ati-stream-sdk-v2.1-lnx64/include/ -I/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/numpy/core/include -I/usr/include/python2.7 -c bpl-subset/bpl_subset/libs/python/src/object/pickle_support.cpp -o build/temp.linux-i686-2.7/bpl-subset/bpl_subset/libs/python/src/object/pickle_support.o
gcc -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -fwrapv -Wall -O3 -DNDEBUG -fPIC -DBOOST_MULTI_INDEX_DISABLE_SERIALIZATION=1 -Isrc/cpp -Ibpl-subset/bpl_subset -I/opt/ati-stream-sdk-v2.1-lnx64/include/ -I/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/numpy/core/include -I/usr/include/python2.7 -c bpl-subset/bpl_subset/libs/python/src/object/inheritance.cpp -o build/temp.linux-i686-2.7/bpl-subset/bpl_subset/libs/python/src/object/inheritance.o
gcc -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -fwrapv -Wall -O3 -DNDEBUG -fPIC -DBOOST_MULTI_INDEX_DISABLE_SERIALIZATION=1 -Isrc/cpp -Ibpl-subset/bpl_subset -I/opt/ati-stream-sdk-v2.1-lnx64/include/ -I/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/numpy/core/include -I/usr/include/python2.7 -c bpl-subset/bpl_subset/libs/python/src/object/iterator.cpp -o build/temp.linux-i686-2.7/bpl-subset/bpl_subset/libs/python/src/object/iterator.o
gcc -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -fwrapv -Wall -O3 -DNDEBUG -fPIC -DBOOST_MULTI_INDEX_DISABLE_SERIALIZATION=1 -Isrc/cpp -Ibpl-subset/bpl_subset -I/opt/ati-stream-sdk-v2.1-lnx64/include/ -I/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/numpy/core/include -I/usr/include/python2.7 -c bpl-subset/bpl_subset/libs/python/src/object/enum.cpp -o build/temp.linux-i686-2.7/bpl-subset/bpl_subset/libs/python/src/object/enum.o
gcc -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -fwrapv -Wall -O3 -DNDEBUG -fPIC -DBOOST_MULTI_INDEX_DISABLE_SERIALIZATION=1 -Isrc/cpp -Ibpl-subset/bpl_subset -I/opt/ati-stream-sdk-v2.1-lnx64/include/ -I/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/numpy/core/include -I/usr/include/python2.7 -c bpl-subset/bpl_subset/libs/python/src/object/function.cpp -o build/temp.linux-i686-2.7/bpl-subset/bpl_subset/libs/python/src/object/function.o
gcc -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -fwrapv -Wall -O3 -DNDEBUG -fPIC -DBOOST_MULTI_INDEX_DISABLE_SERIALIZATION=1 -Isrc/cpp -Ibpl-subset/bpl_subset -I/opt/ati-stream-sdk-v2.1-lnx64/include/ -I/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/numpy/core/include -I/usr/include/python2.7 -c bpl-subset/bpl_subset/libs/python/src/object/stl_iterator.cpp -o build/temp.linux-i686-2.7/bpl-subset/bpl_subset/libs/python/src/object/stl_iterator.o
gcc -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -fwrapv -Wall -O3 -DNDEBUG -fPIC -DBOOST_MULTI_INDEX_DISABLE_SERIALIZATION=1 -Isrc/cpp -Ibpl-subset/bpl_subset -I/opt/ati-stream-sdk-v2.1-lnx64/include/ -I/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/numpy/core/include -I/usr/include/python2.7 -c bpl-subset/bpl_subset/libs/python/src/object/class.cpp -o build/temp.linux-i686-2.7/bpl-subset/bpl_subset/libs/python/src/object/class.o
bpl-subset/bpl_subset/libs/python/src/object/class.cpp: In function ‘int boost::python::property_init(PyObject*, PyObject*, PyObject*)’:
bpl-subset/bpl_subset/libs/python/src/object/class.cpp:79:64: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
bpl-subset/bpl_subset/libs/python/src/object/class.cpp:79:64: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
gcc -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -fwrapv -Wall -O3 -DNDEBUG -fPIC -DBOOST_MULTI_INDEX_DISABLE_SERIALIZATION=1 -Isrc/cpp -Ibpl-subset/bpl_subset -I/opt/ati-stream-sdk-v2.1-lnx64/include/ -I/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/numpy/core/include -I/usr/include/python2.7 -c bpl-subset/bpl_subset/libs/python/src/object/life_support.cpp -o build/temp.linux-i686-2.7/bpl-subset/bpl_subset/libs/python/src/object/life_support.o
gcc -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -fwrapv -Wall -O3 -DNDEBUG -fPIC -DBOOST_MULTI_INDEX_DISABLE_SERIALIZATION=1 -Isrc/cpp -Ibpl-subset/bpl_subset -I/opt/ati-stream-sdk-v2.1-lnx64/include/ -I/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/numpy/core/include -I/usr/include/python2.7 -c bpl-subset/bpl_subset/libs/python/src/converter/registry.cpp -o build/temp.linux-i686-2.7/bpl-subset/bpl_subset/libs/python/src/converter/registry.o
gcc -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -fwrapv -Wall -O3 -DNDEBUG -fPIC -DBOOST_MULTI_INDEX_DISABLE_SERIALIZATION=1 -Isrc/cpp -Ibpl-subset/bpl_subset -I/opt/ati-stream-sdk-v2.1-lnx64/include/ -I/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/numpy/core/include -I/usr/include/python2.7 -c bpl-subset/bpl_subset/libs/python/src/converter/builtin_converters.cpp -o build/temp.linux-i686-2.7/bpl-subset/bpl_subset/libs/python/src/converter/builtin_converters.o
bpl-subset/bpl_subset/libs/python/src/converter/builtin_converters.cpp:369:13: warning: ‘boost::python::converter::<unnamed>::py_unicode_as_string_unaryfunc’ defined but not used
gcc -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -fwrapv -Wall -O3 -DNDEBUG -fPIC -DBOOST_MULTI_INDEX_DISABLE_SERIALIZATION=1 -Isrc/cpp -Ibpl-subset/bpl_subset -I/opt/ati-stream-sdk-v2.1-lnx64/include/ -I/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/numpy/core/include -I/usr/include/python2.7 -c bpl-subset/bpl_subset/libs/python/src/converter/arg_to_python_base.cpp -o build/temp.linux-i686-2.7/bpl-subset/bpl_subset/libs/python/src/converter/arg_to_python_base.o
gcc -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -fwrapv -Wall -O3 -DNDEBUG -fPIC -DBOOST_MULTI_INDEX_DISABLE_SERIALIZATION=1 -Isrc/cpp -Ibpl-subset/bpl_subset -I/opt/ati-stream-sdk-v2.1-lnx64/include/ -I/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/numpy/core/include -I/usr/include/python2.7 -c bpl-subset/bpl_subset/libs/python/src/converter/from_python.cpp -o build/temp.linux-i686-2.7/bpl-subset/bpl_subset/libs/python/src/converter/from_python.o
gcc -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -fwrapv -Wall -O3 -DNDEBUG -fPIC -DBOOST_MULTI_INDEX_DISABLE_SERIALIZATION=1 -Isrc/cpp -Ibpl-subset/bpl_subset -I/opt/ati-stream-sdk-v2.1-lnx64/include/ -I/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/numpy/core/include -I/usr/include/python2.7 -c bpl-subset/bpl_subset/libs/python/src/converter/type_id.cpp -o build/temp.linux-i686-2.7/bpl-subset/bpl_subset/libs/python/src/converter/type_id.o
gcc -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -fwrapv -Wall -O3 -DNDEBUG -fPIC -DBOOST_MULTI_INDEX_DISABLE_SERIALIZATION=1 -Isrc/cpp -Ibpl-subset/bpl_subset -I/opt/ati-stream-sdk-v2.1-lnx64/include/ -I/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/numpy/core/include -I/usr/include/python2.7 -c bpl-subset/bpl_subset/libs/smart_ptr/src/sp_collector.cpp -o build/temp.linux-i686-2.7/bpl-subset/bpl_subset/libs/smart_ptr/src/sp_collector.o
gcc -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -fwrapv -Wall -O3 -DNDEBUG -fPIC -DBOOST_MULTI_INDEX_DISABLE_SERIALIZATION=1 -Isrc/cpp -Ibpl-subset/bpl_subset -I/opt/ati-stream-sdk-v2.1-lnx64/include/ -I/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/numpy/core/include -I/usr/include/python2.7 -c bpl-subset/bpl_subset/libs/smart_ptr/src/sp_debug_hooks.cpp -o build/temp.linux-i686-2.7/bpl-subset/bpl_subset/libs/smart_ptr/src/sp_debug_hooks.o
gcc -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -fwrapv -Wall -O3 -DNDEBUG -fPIC -DBOOST_MULTI_INDEX_DISABLE_SERIALIZATION=1 -Isrc/cpp -Ibpl-subset/bpl_subset -I/opt/ati-stream-sdk-v2.1-lnx64/include/ -I/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/numpy/core/include -I/usr/include/python2.7 -c bpl-subset/bpl_subset/libs/python/src/dict.cpp -o build/temp.linux-i686-2.7/bpl-subset/bpl_subset/libs/python/src/dict.o
gcc -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -fwrapv -Wall -O3 -DNDEBUG -fPIC -DBOOST_MULTI_INDEX_DISABLE_SERIALIZATION=1 -Isrc/cpp -Ibpl-subset/bpl_subset -I/opt/ati-stream-sdk-v2.1-lnx64/include/ -I/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/numpy/core/include -I/usr/include/python2.7 -c bpl-subset/bpl_subset/libs/python/src/slice.cpp -o build/temp.linux-i686-2.7/bpl-subset/bpl_subset/libs/python/src/slice.o
gcc -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -fwrapv -Wall -O3 -DNDEBUG -fPIC -DBOOST_MULTI_INDEX_DISABLE_SERIALIZATION=1 -Isrc/cpp -Ibpl-subset/bpl_subset -I/opt/ati-stream-sdk-v2.1-lnx64/include/ -I/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/numpy/core/include -I/usr/include/python2.7 -c bpl-subset/bpl_subset/libs/python/src/object_operators.cpp -o build/temp.linux-i686-2.7/bpl-subset/bpl_subset/libs/python/src/object_operators.o
gcc -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -fwrapv -Wall -O3 -DNDEBUG -fPIC -DBOOST_MULTI_INDEX_DISABLE_SERIALIZATION=1 -Isrc/cpp -Ibpl-subset/bpl_subset -I/opt/ati-stream-sdk-v2.1-lnx64/include/ -I/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/numpy/core/include -I/usr/include/python2.7 -c bpl-subset/bpl_subset/libs/python/src/str.cpp -o build/temp.linux-i686-2.7/bpl-subset/bpl_subset/libs/python/src/str.o
gcc -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -fwrapv -Wall -O3 -DNDEBUG -fPIC -DBOOST_MULTI_INDEX_DISABLE_SERIALIZATION=1 -Isrc/cpp -Ibpl-subset/bpl_subset -I/opt/ati-stream-sdk-v2.1-lnx64/include/ -I/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/numpy/core/include -I/usr/include/python2.7 -c bpl-subset/bpl_subset/libs/python/src/import.cpp -o build/temp.linux-i686-2.7/bpl-subset/bpl_subset/libs/python/src/import.o
gcc -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -fwrapv -Wall -O3 -DNDEBUG -fPIC -DBOOST_MULTI_INDEX_DISABLE_SERIALIZATION=1 -Isrc/cpp -Ibpl-subset/bpl_subset -I/opt/ati-stream-sdk-v2.1-lnx64/include/ -I/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/numpy/core/include -I/usr/include/python2.7 -c bpl-subset/bpl_subset/libs/python/src/tuple.cpp -o build/temp.linux-i686-2.7/bpl-subset/bpl_subset/libs/python/src/tuple.o
gcc -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -fwrapv -Wall -O3 -DNDEBUG -fPIC -DBOOST_MULTI_INDEX_DISABLE_SERIALIZATION=1 -Isrc/cpp -Ibpl-subset/bpl_subset -I/opt/ati-stream-sdk-v2.1-lnx64/include/ -I/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/numpy/core/include -I/usr/include/python2.7 -c bpl-subset/bpl_subset/libs/python/src/exec.cpp -o build/temp.linux-i686-2.7/bpl-subset/bpl_subset/libs/python/src/exec.o
gcc -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -fwrapv -Wall -O3 -DNDEBUG -fPIC -DBOOST_MULTI_INDEX_DISABLE_SERIALIZATION=1 -Isrc/cpp -Ibpl-subset/bpl_subset -I/opt/ati-stream-sdk-v2.1-lnx64/include/ -I/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/numpy/core/include -I/usr/include/python2.7 -c bpl-subset/bpl_subset/libs/python/src/list.cpp -o build/temp.linux-i686-2.7/bpl-subset/bpl_subset/libs/python/src/list.o
gcc -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -fwrapv -Wall -O3 -DNDEBUG -fPIC -DBOOST_MULTI_INDEX_DISABLE_SERIALIZATION=1 -Isrc/cpp -Ibpl-subset/bpl_subset -I/opt/ati-stream-sdk-v2.1-lnx64/include/ -I/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/numpy/core/include -I/usr/include/python2.7 -c bpl-subset/bpl_subset/libs/python/src/numeric.cpp -o build/temp.linux-i686-2.7/bpl-subset/bpl_subset/libs/python/src/numeric.o
gcc -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -fwrapv -Wall -O3 -DNDEBUG -fPIC -DBOOST_MULTI_INDEX_DISABLE_SERIALIZATION=1 -Isrc/cpp -Ibpl-subset/bpl_subset -I/opt/ati-stream-sdk-v2.1-lnx64/include/ -I/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/numpy/core/include -I/usr/include/python2.7 -c bpl-subset/bpl_subset/libs/python/src/long.cpp -o build/temp.linux-i686-2.7/bpl-subset/bpl_subset/libs/python/src/long.o
gcc -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -fwrapv -Wall -O3 -DNDEBUG -fPIC -DBOOST_MULTI_INDEX_DISABLE_SERIALIZATION=1 -Isrc/cpp -Ibpl-subset/bpl_subset -I/opt/ati-stream-sdk-v2.1-lnx64/include/ -I/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/numpy/core/include -I/usr/include/python2.7 -c bpl-subset/bpl_subset/libs/python/src/errors.cpp -o build/temp.linux-i686-2.7/bpl-subset/bpl_subset/libs/python/src/errors.o
gcc -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -fwrapv -Wall -O3 -DNDEBUG -fPIC -DBOOST_MULTI_INDEX_DISABLE_SERIALIZATION=1 -Isrc/cpp -Ibpl-subset/bpl_subset -I/opt/ati-stream-sdk-v2.1-lnx64/include/ -I/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/numpy/core/include -I/usr/include/python2.7 -c bpl-subset/bpl_subset/libs/python/src/module.cpp -o build/temp.linux-i686-2.7/bpl-subset/bpl_subset/libs/python/src/module.o
gcc -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -fwrapv -Wall -O3 -DNDEBUG -fPIC -DBOOST_MULTI_INDEX_DISABLE_SERIALIZATION=1 -Isrc/cpp -Ibpl-subset/bpl_subset -I/opt/ati-stream-sdk-v2.1-lnx64/include/ -I/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/numpy/core/include -I/usr/include/python2.7 -c bpl-subset/bpl_subset/libs/python/src/object_protocol.cpp -o build/temp.linux-i686-2.7/bpl-subset/bpl_subset/libs/python/src/object_protocol.o
gcc -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -fwrapv -Wall -O3 -DNDEBUG -fPIC -DBOOST_MULTI_INDEX_DISABLE_SERIALIZATION=1 -Isrc/cpp -Ibpl-subset/bpl_subset -I/opt/ati-stream-sdk-v2.1-lnx64/include/ -I/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/numpy/core/include -I/usr/include/python2.7 -c bpl-subset/bpl_subset/libs/python/src/wrapper.cpp -o build/temp.linux-i686-2.7/bpl-subset/bpl_subset/libs/python/src/wrapper.o
gcc -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -fwrapv -Wall -O3 -DNDEBUG -fPIC -DBOOST_MULTI_INDEX_DISABLE_SERIALIZATION=1 -Isrc/cpp -Ibpl-subset/bpl_subset -I/opt/ati-stream-sdk-v2.1-lnx64/include/ -I/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/numpy/core/include -I/usr/include/python2.7 -c bpl-subset/bpl_subset/libs/thread/src/pthread/once.cpp -o build/temp.linux-i686-2.7/bpl-subset/bpl_subset/libs/thread/src/pthread/once.o
gcc -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -fwrapv -Wall -O3 -DNDEBUG -fPIC -DBOOST_MULTI_INDEX_DISABLE_SERIALIZATION=1 -Isrc/cpp -Ibpl-subset/bpl_subset -I/opt/ati-stream-sdk-v2.1-lnx64/include/ -I/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/numpy/core/include -I/usr/include/python2.7 -c bpl-subset/bpl_subset/libs/thread/src/pthread/thread.cpp -o build/temp.linux-i686-2.7/bpl-subset/bpl_subset/libs/thread/src/pthread/thread.o
g++ -pthread -shared -Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions -Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions build/temp.linux-i686-2.7/src/wrapper/wrap_cl.o build/temp.linux-i686-2.7/src/wrapper/wrap_cl_part_1.o build/temp.linux-i686-2.7/src/wrapper/wrap_cl_part_2.o build/temp.linux-i686-2.7/src/wrapper/wrap_constants.o build/temp.linux-i686-2.7/bpl-subset/bpl_subset/libs/python/src/object/function_doc_signature.o build/temp.linux-i686-2.7/bpl-subset/bpl_subset/libs/python/src/object/pickle_support.o build/temp.linux-i686-2.7/bpl-subset/bpl_subset/libs/python/src/object/inheritance.o build/temp.linux-i686-2.7/bpl-subset/bpl_subset/libs/python/src/object/iterator.o build/temp.linux-i686-2.7/bpl-subset/bpl_subset/libs/python/src/object/enum.o build/temp.linux-i686-2.7/bpl-subset/bpl_subset/libs/python/src/object/function.o build/temp.linux-i686-2.7/bpl-subset/bpl_subset/libs/python/src/object/stl_iterator.o build/temp.linux-i686-2.7/bpl-subset/bpl_subset/libs/python/src/object/class.o build/temp.linux-i686-2.7/bpl-subset/bpl_subset/libs/python/src/object/life_support.o build/temp.linux-i686-2.7/bpl-subset/bpl_subset/libs/python/src/converter/registry.o build/temp.linux-i686-2.7/bpl-subset/bpl_subset/libs/python/src/converter/builtin_converters.o build/temp.linux-i686-2.7/bpl-subset/bpl_subset/libs/python/src/converter/arg_to_python_base.o build/temp.linux-i686-2.7/bpl-subset/bpl_subset/libs/python/src/converter/from_python.o build/temp.linux-i686-2.7/bpl-subset/bpl_subset/libs/python/src/converter/type_id.o build/temp.linux-i686-2.7/bpl-subset/bpl_subset/libs/smart_ptr/src/sp_collector.o build/temp.linux-i686-2.7/bpl-subset/bpl_subset/libs/smart_ptr/src/sp_debug_hooks.o build/temp.linux-i686-2.7/bpl-subset/bpl_subset/libs/python/src/dict.o build/temp.linux-i686-2.7/bpl-subset/bpl_subset/libs/python/src/slice.o build/temp.linux-i686-2.7/bpl-subset/bpl_subset/libs/python/src/object_operators.o build/temp.linux-i686-2.7/bpl-subset/bpl_subset/libs/python/src/str.o build/temp.linux-i686-2.7/bpl-subset/bpl_subset/libs/python/src/import.o build/temp.linux-i686-2.7/bpl-subset/bpl_subset/libs/python/src/tuple.o build/temp.linux-i686-2.7/bpl-subset/bpl_subset/libs/python/src/exec.o build/temp.linux-i686-2.7/bpl-subset/bpl_subset/libs/python/src/list.o build/temp.linux-i686-2.7/bpl-subset/bpl_subset/libs/python/src/numeric.o build/temp.linux-i686-2.7/bpl-subset/bpl_subset/libs/python/src/long.o build/temp.linux-i686-2.7/bpl-subset/bpl_subset/libs/python/src/errors.o build/temp.linux-i686-2.7/bpl-subset/bpl_subset/libs/python/src/module.o build/temp.linux-i686-2.7/bpl-subset/bpl_subset/libs/python/src/object_protocol.o build/temp.linux-i686-2.7/bpl-subset/bpl_subset/libs/python/src/wrapper.o build/temp.linux-i686-2.7/bpl-subset/bpl_subset/libs/thread/src/pthread/once.o build/temp.linux-i686-2.7/bpl-subset/bpl_subset/libs/thread/src/pthread/thread.o -L/opt/ati-stream-sdk-v2.1-lnx64/lib -lOpenCL -o build/lib.linux-i686-2.7/pyopencl/_cl.so

MineTexas.com Minecraft Server We accept Bitcoin and Dogecoin.
Deepbit on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Deepbit/151108048294815
Inaba (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2011, 03:17:24 PM

Something is definitely up with the Natty repositories.  I tried an install last night and now I'm getting some linking errors.  I have my personal version scripted, so I know nothing has changed. 

I am going to change the guide to download the appropriate stuff manually I think, instead of installing the repo versions.  It will provide an updated fglrx anyway.

maxcorrads

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 12, 2011, 05:13:07 PM

Thank you, i used your guide to configure my miner, this guide is for Ubuntu 64bit, i've installed 32bit and the only thing i had to change was to change "x86_64" to "x86".
Hawkix

Activity: 531
Merit: 505

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2011, 04:19:26 PM

Please, how to install AMDOverdriveCtrl package to Ubuntu Narval?

I tried to install it from .deb package provided, but upon running it, it will show my cards (each one with 3 rows) and then will die with Segmentation fault. Prior to show any window.

Is there another Linux tool to underclock the memory?

Donations: 1Hawkix7GHym6SM98ii5vSHHShA3FUgpV6
http://btcportal.net/ - All about Bitcoin - coming soon!
dpc

Activity: 12

View Profile
May 13, 2011, 05:36:36 PM

Code:
sudo aticonfig --initial -f --adapter=all
Uninitialised file found, configuring.
Fail to link to fglrx-libglx.so, please check whether driver is installed correctly
Using /etc/X11/xorg.conf
Saving back-up to /etc/X11/xorg.conf.fglrx-1

don't know how to fix this, can someone help me?, have 2x6990's in a non crossfire motherboard, but already achieved in windows to got it working (3 cores bug)

I get the same error. I follow other steps, everything seems fine, but at the end my card is not listed by ./poclbm.py
Inaba (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2011, 05:44:21 PM

Did you reboot after doing aticonfig --initial -f --adapter=all

What does aticonfig --lsa return?

What about lspci -v | grep ATI ?

JorgePasada

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 13, 2011, 07:04:27 PM
Last edit: May 13, 2011, 08:02:23 PM by JorgePasada

10. sudo tar xvfz icd-registration.tgz -C /

Just finished that step. Couldn't find the file. Searched for it and couldn't find it anywhere on the filesystem. Ideas?

What does this step even do?

Also, I'm running the default 11.04 build, 64 bit from the Ubuntu website.

git and svn aren't installed by default apparently.
ataranlen

Activity: 846

The One and Only

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2011, 09:34:32 PM

Code:
nathan@TheBeast:~$ aticonfig --lsa
* 0. 05:00.0 ASUS ARES
  1. 06:00.0 ASUS ARES
  2. 09:00.0 ASUS ARES
  3. 0a:00.0 ASUS ARES

* - Default adapter

nathan@TheBeast:~$ lspci -v | grep ATI
00:00.0 Host bridge: ATI Technologies Inc RX780/RX790 Chipset Host Bridge
Subsystem: ATI Technologies Inc RX780/RX790 Chipset Host Bridge
00:02.0 PCI bridge: ATI Technologies Inc RD790 PCI to PCI bridge (external gfx0 port A) (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
00:06.0 PCI bridge: ATI Technologies Inc RD790 PCI to PCI bridge (PCI express gpp port C) (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
00:07.0 PCI bridge: ATI Technologies Inc RD790 PCI to PCI bridge (PCI express gpp port D) (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
00:09.0 PCI bridge: ATI Technologies Inc RD790 PCI to PCI bridge (PCI express gpp port E) (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
00:0a.0 PCI bridge: ATI Technologies Inc RD790 PCI to PCI bridge (PCI express gpp port F) (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
00:11.0 SATA controller: ATI Technologies Inc SB7x0/SB8x0/SB9x0 SATA Controller [IDE mode] (prog-if 01 [AHCI 1.0])
00:12.0 USB Controller: ATI Technologies Inc SB7x0/SB8x0/SB9x0 USB OHCI0 Controller (prog-if 10 [OHCI])
00:12.1 USB Controller: ATI Technologies Inc SB7x0 USB OHCI1 Controller (prog-if 10 [OHCI])
00:12.2 USB Controller: ATI Technologies Inc SB7x0/SB8x0/SB9x0 USB EHCI Controller (prog-if 20 [EHCI])
00:13.0 USB Controller: ATI Technologies Inc SB7x0/SB8x0/SB9x0 USB OHCI0 Controller (prog-if 10 [OHCI])
00:13.1 USB Controller: ATI Technologies Inc SB7x0 USB OHCI1 Controller (prog-if 10 [OHCI])
00:13.2 USB Controller: ATI Technologies Inc SB7x0/SB8x0/SB9x0 USB EHCI Controller (prog-if 20 [EHCI])
Subsystem: ATI Technologies Inc SB7x0/SB8x0/SB9x0 USB EHCI Controller
00:14.0 SMBus: ATI Technologies Inc SBx00 SMBus Controller (rev 3c)
00:14.1 IDE interface: ATI Technologies Inc SB7x0/SB8x0/SB9x0 IDE Controller (prog-if 8a [Master SecP PriP])
00:14.2 Audio device: ATI Technologies Inc SBx00 Azalia (Intel HDA)
00:14.3 ISA bridge: ATI Technologies Inc SB7x0/SB8x0/SB9x0 LPC host controller
Subsystem: ATI Technologies Inc Device 4383
00:14.4 PCI bridge: ATI Technologies Inc SBx00 PCI to PCI Bridge (prog-if 01 [Subtractive decode])
00:14.5 USB Controller: ATI Technologies Inc SB7x0/SB8x0/SB9x0 USB OHCI2 Controller (prog-if 10 [OHCI])
Subsystem: ATI Technologies Inc Device 4396
05:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Hemlock [ATI Radeon HD 5900 Series] (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
05:00.1 Audio device: ATI Technologies Inc Cypress HDMI Audio [Radeon HD 5800 Series]
06:00.0 Display controller: ATI Technologies Inc Hemlock [ATI Radeon HD 5900 Series]
09:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Hemlock [ATI Radeon HD 5900 Series] (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
09:00.1 Audio device: ATI Technologies Inc Cypress HDMI Audio [Radeon HD 5800 Series]
0a:00.0 Display controller: ATI Technologies Inc Hemlock [ATI Radeon HD 5900 Series]

MineTexas.com Minecraft Server We accept Bitcoin and Dogecoin.
Deepbit on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Deepbit/151108048294815
JorgePasada

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 13, 2011, 09:59:59 PM

. . . and my directory structure is really messed up compared to what I think the commands are meant to run with.
Inaba (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2011, 10:03:27 PM

So just to be sure, I copied the pyopencl-0.92 from a working machine to a newly installed machine that failed to compile and it worked fine.

The packages in the repository for Natty are screwed, plain and simple.  Dunno why yet.  Installing the packages manually  should solve the issue.

Gnaffel

Activity: 53

View Profile
May 13, 2011, 10:19:05 PM

10. sudo tar xvfz icd-registration.tgz -C /

Just finished that step. Couldn't find the file. Searched for it and couldn't find it anywhere on the filesystem. Ideas?

What does this step even do?

Also, I'm running the default 11.04 build, 64 bit from the Ubuntu website.

git and svn aren't installed by default apparently.

Could you take a look in:
ls /etc/OpenCL/vendors
there should be 2 Ati-registration files: atiocl32.icd  and atiocl64.icd
Inaba (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2011, 12:02:11 AM

Code:
nathan@TheBeast:~$ aticonfig --lsa
* 0. 05:00.0 ASUS ARES
  1. 06:00.0 ASUS ARES
  2. 09:00.0 ASUS ARES
  3. 0a:00.0 ASUS ARES

* - Default adapter

What's the result of:  history | grep configure

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: