Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:42:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 [808] 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312371 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
americanpegasus

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 05:34:14 AM

But AP, why would anyone want to put their profits into a digital currency that acts as cash? Don't you want that on a public blockchain, so the world can see how much sweet action you've taken part in? It's like the guy who only works on his novel/screenplay/to-do-list at the coffee shop--it didn't happen if no one is watching....  Wink

Just like in real life, you have to use context clues and behavior to tell how wealthy someone is - merely looking their entire financial history up online isn't good enough.  On the other hand, it makes a lot of sense to hold some of your wealth in a public asset and some in a private asset.  Maybe one day there will be a public asset worthy to stand side-by-side with Monero.   Wink

Account is back under control of the real AmericanPegasus.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 05:44:08 AM

I do not know about you guys but personally I have years and years time to waite. Especially I am looking for legitimate and safe ways to collect passive income in Monero form as I think XDF is the ultimate store of big wealth.

That's agreed TC.  I sometimes watch the shell tickers pump, and jealously watch them make 100% in a day, but these are just money-generation schemes.  The penultimate goal of these games is simply to acquire more Monero, so I believe I will be happy beating them to the punch and simply acquiring it to begin with.  

There's a reason Polo has an XMR market - one day there will be enough volume on that market to sustain the price pairs, and people will (I'm hoping) be able to margin long other coins by borrowing others XMR.  People play money games to get more money, and Monero is that money.  If your end goal of riding any 'pump' or trading isn't to acquire more precious XMR, you didn't read the instructions in the box properly.

I actually acted like this.
One of my tenants who pays regularly 1 week earlier paid the rent on Thursday. I instantly purchased some bitcoins which I channeled towards Monero. I was nibbling a little bit more fiat money into XMR.
I encourage also others who might feel they might like also passive income, to acquire some assets that brings it and set a part of that passive income into Darkflarb. In that way, you are feeling probably better to buy XMR at any price since passive income is kinda "free money" (ie. you need to work very little for the money after the cashcow has been acquired).
americanpegasus

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 05:53:37 AM

I actually acted like this.
One of my tenants who pays regularly 1 week earlier paid the rent on Thursday. I instantly purchased some bitcoins which I channeled towards Monero. I was nibbling a little bit more fiat money into XMR.
I encourage also others who might feel they might like also passive income, to acquire some assets that brings it and set a part of that passive income into Darkflarb. In that way, you are feeling probably better to buy XMR at any price since passive income is kinda "free money" (ie. you need to work very little for the money after the cashcow has been acquired).

Ignoring the real and present risk of keeping tokens on an exchange, if/when Monero margin trading is extended to longing other coins (and assuming a healthy XMR market), those who have decent amounts of Monero to lend out are going to find out the true meaning of 'wealthy'.  They will learn that magic sensation of having their money work for them to generate new money with little risk.  Those who still hold a whale's share of Bitcoins already understand how good this feels (>10k bitcoins).  Of course, the phrase 'little risk' is compared to things like chasing Piggycoin pumps - the global risk of keeping money on any exchange, no matter how reputable, is still significant.  

TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 06:03:29 AM

The penultimate goal of these games is simply to acquire more Monero\

What evidence do you have that the marginal utility of (acquiring moare) Monero is constant and the opportunity cost is negative for every possible situation and pre-existing holding.

If your end goal of riding any 'pump' or trading isn't to acquire more precious XMR, you didn't read the instructions in the box properly.

You must have an extremely boring and sheltered life.

Is this seriously what you really think  Huh Or just some cigar-smoking bravado to match what you think are the cues of a confidant magnate.

Just like in real life, you have to use context clues and behavior to tell how wealthy someone is

I need to stay out this thread, lest I will start to hate Monero again. The technology and development on Monero is factually one of the best in the altcoin space, but the whales in the coin make me want to puke.

MrGood

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

Chief Technology Officer, NYC

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2016, 06:50:17 AM

What evidence do you have that the marginal utility of (acquiring moare) Monero is constant and the opportunity cost is negative for every possible situation and pre-existing holding.

If your end goal of riding any 'pump' or trading isn't to acquire more precious XMR, you didn't read the instructions in the box properly.

Is this seriously what you really think  Huh Or just some cigar-smoking bravado to match what you think are the cues of a confidant magnate.

Just like in real life, you have to use context clues and behavior to tell how wealthy someone is

I need to stay out this thread, lest I will start to hate Monero again. The technology and development on Monero is factually one of the best in the altcoin space, but the whales in the coin make me want to puke.

Americanpegasus isn't a whale. He's essentially the "one direction" of the XMR world in the sense that he commands a few noobs with questionable intelligence.

20,000 XMR isn't whale material.
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 06:52:27 AM

Americanpegasus isn't a whale. He's essentially the "one direction" of the XMR world in the sense that he commands a few noobs with questionable intelligence.

At the moment perhaps that is not qualified as being a whale (after all it is merely 30 000 usd which is quite small amount of money IMO). However, once XMR hits 1 000 000 usd/XMR that is a significiant stack of money.
meme magic

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 07:01:38 AM

So who's making the birthday cake this year? Smiley
explorer
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1259

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 07:14:07 AM

With big green candles on it  Grin
maydna

Activity: 2912
Merit: 556

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 08:38:31 AM

With big green candles on it  Grin

when it becomes true?  Grin
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2016, 09:23:19 AM

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
TheKoziTwo
Legendary

Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 10:43:17 AM

So we had our healthy correction, support remains strong despite btc up again and volume still pretty high. IMO we're going to break the 0.0043 top and reach new highs this month. I also think it's pretty interesting that the forum picked up on "DarkFlarb", somebody is lurking in our little community Wink

TheKoziTwo
Legendary

Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 10:46:48 AM

At the moment perhaps that is not qualified as being a whale (after all it is merely 30 000 usd which is quite small amount of money IMO). However, once XMR hits 1 000 000 usd/XMR that is a significiant stack of money.
Let's focus on hitting $2 first.  Smiley

dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 11:53:43 AM

The quality of this thread is, alas, significantly detoriating over the last few days.

Where is smooth?

Can't any DarkFlarb's supporters help me 'dish' Dish? Plz read:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=999886.msg14393865#msg14393865

Posted some additional evidence. Posted in that other thread fwiw.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1414944.msg14397850#msg14397850

^ Most of that is already present in the thread you linked.

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
GreekBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

getmonero.org

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2016, 12:09:20 PM

I remember those darkflarb comments from a while back, some forum admin must have been paying attention.

I also think it's pretty interesting that the forum picked up on "DarkFlarb", somebody is lurking in our little community Wink

I'm not usually interested in altcoins myself, but I can see how people can enjoy them. Most altcoin "investing" is a lot like gambling. I can see how trying to navigate and manipulate these tiny markets could be fun for a lot of people. These pump-and-dump altcoins aren't really competitors to Bitcoin: they're really a way of using your bitcoins to gamble. There are also a handful of technologically interesting altcoins like Monero, which I think are very useful for testing new ideas that might one day be incorporated into Bitcoin.

bitebits
Legendary

Activity: 2211
Merit: 3178

Flippin' burgers since 1163.

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 01:13:21 PM

I'm not usually interested in altcoins myself, but I can see how people can enjoy them. Most altcoin "investing" is a lot like gambling. I can see how trying to navigate and manipulate these tiny markets could be fun for a lot of people. These pump-and-dump altcoins aren't really competitors to Bitcoin: they're really a way of using your bitcoins to gamble. There are also a handful of technologically interesting altcoins like Monero, which I think are very useful for testing new ideas that might one day be incorporated into Bitcoin.

Let me guess: dynamic blocksize and tail-emission  Wink. Or would it be the opaque blockchain? The build-in every 6 month hard fork maybe?
Nah.

- You can figure out what will happen, not when /Warren Buffett
- Pay any Bitcoin address privately with a little help of Monero.
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 01:28:41 PM

Americanpegasus isn't a whale.

Yeah I knew that Wink I baited you. Thanks.

I was basically wanting to expose his wannabe magnate statements.

Actually I don't dislike Americanpegasus. There are people that annoy us at times, that we can still like. I probably am that for some here.

americanpegasus

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 02:52:30 PM
Last edit: April 02, 2016, 03:07:13 PM by americanpegasus

I was born into the worst poverty America has to offer, a shabby trailer park and government food handouts.  Through good decisions, I've crawled my way up to middle class in my adult life.  Now crypto will allow me to take the next step and become wealthy.  

It's a shame I don't already have a few hundred thousand USD to put into Monero (I would if I could), but I'm quite proud I have been shoving all the money I could into it for over a year now. (including that 30% APR loan I took a year ago and used it to buy my initial savings with).  It might not seem like much to you, but that money represents all my savings and more value than I have ever held.  I don't think there's a better asset in the world for it to be in, either.  It's rare that you find something so profitable that has the power to make the world a radically better place.  

I may not have been given very many math perks, but I decidedly have the gift of gab.  I think it's probably fortunate my energies have been directed at an actual worthwhile asset, vs allowing them to fire randomly into shell alts and premine scams.   Wink

flagel8

Activity: 188
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 03:02:29 PM

...I've crawled my way up...
You have a very positive attitude, and like William Shatner https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPBt4IuQEbw you are not afraid to try new things. You are not afraid to fail, because eventually you WILL win. Thanks for your contributions to the DarkFlarb community!
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 03:15:40 PM
Last edit: April 02, 2016, 03:26:14 PM by TrueCryptonaire

I was born into the worst poverty America has to offer, a shabby trailer park and government food handouts.  Through good decisions, I've crawled my way up to middle class in my adult life.  Now crypto will allow me to take the next step and become wealthy.  

It's a shame I don't already have a few hundred thousand USD to put into Monero (I would if I could), but I'm quite proud I have been shoving all the money I could into it for over a year now. (including that 30% APR loan I took a year ago and used it to buy my initial savings with).  It might not seem like much to you, but that money represents all my savings and more value than I have ever held.  I don't think there's a better asset in the world for it to be in, either.  It's rare that you find something so profitable that has the power to make the world a radically better place.  

I may not have been given very many math perks, but I decidedly have the gift of gab.  I think it's probably fortunate my energies have been directed at an actual worthwhile asset, vs allowing them to fire randomly into shell alts and premine scams.   Wink

I appreciate you a lot. Taking risk at times when it looked like XMR community had near death experience (coin price 0.001 each) and hardly anybody commenting here and hyping.
Often bets like these will not pay but when the pay you off they pay big time. Monero has quite good odds IMO. The only thing basically XMR is lacking is marketing team, but I guess once the price starts rising (yes, the price has not even started rising, it is around the same as it was when I purchased my first coins back in early June-August 2014). Risto told us Monero will be trading between 0.002-0.004 range. I find this being quite accurate price range. It is hard to predict the future so there has to be some forgiveness for predictions like this (after all, the periods at sub 0.002 has been less than 2 years so it is nothing).

BTW 30 % pa sounds quite interest to loan money.. It is like 10 times higher than I would pay. One way to cut interest payments is to refinance the loan with a collateral (perhaps a car, appartment, real estate etc). If there would be a way to do a collateralized loan overseas I for instance could lend you the amount for 10 % interest pa with a sufficient collateral.  Wink
vuduchyld

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 04:35:48 PM

Wow...a 41,000 XMR buy wall (148 BTC) at .00360000 on Polo.

SOMEBODY doesn't want the price to go below .0036.  Is 40K XMR a whale?  $60,000 and change?
Pages: « 1 ... 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 [808] 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: