Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 02:26:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 [811] 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312590 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Dotto
Legendary

Activity: 981
Merit: 1005

No maps for these territories

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 10:35:34 AM

In case you like to short groteske movements, Synereo is just slightly pumped to 498% and has surpased doge. Now is on par with maid
nioc
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 03:16:29 PM

In other news, I think my comments earlier were misconstrued. Monero is literally the best money on the planet. So any other financial moves you do, wherein you hope to profit, should ideally end up with you holding more Monero than you did before.  You could try to use your financial moves to acquire more USD or Bitcoin, but these are inferior forms of money.  The fact that XMR is not especially popular yet doesn't detract from its superiority.  

The goal of any financial game is to gain more money, and make moves that allow you to gain more money than you had before.  This is why I said every move needs to be calculated in how it could impact your Monero holdings - up until a reasonable individual limit of 200k to 400k Monero, more is always better (especially at these early stages).  At this point is seems silly to try to chase more USD; I prefer to chase assets with more growth potential.  
It may very well be that Monero is the best money on the planet right now (technologically), but at one point Bitcoin was the best money on the planet. Perhaps a year from now something else will be the best money on the planet. While I won't say that Monero is a bad investment right now, I would be cautious about having as my only goal to own more monero than I did before. In fact if you bought in heavily around 0.001-0.002 it would probably be a good idea to take some profit along the way and not necessarily aim to own more monero but to get your initial investment back, and perhaps a little profit. That way you'll be better suited to invest in whatever happens to be the best money next week while also holding a stake in monero in case it turns out to be the long term winner.

I can only speak for myself, but I bought in heavily all the way down to 0.001 and has diversified during this recent uptrend. All the monero I own at this point is almost pure profit, which means that I can ride any further price increase or decrease while knowing that regardless of outcome I won't lose my initial investment. The additional benefit is to have those funds available for other investment that may come around.

What % you sell depends on your risk tolerance and initial investment. For example perhaps you sell 50% after the price doubles, then you'll have your money back and hold half of your current moneroj. I think a good way to go about it is to decide on the amount of XMR you want to own long term and then buy more, perhaps 2x what you want to own. Then you diversify as the price goes up until you have sold the exceeds, recovered your initial investment and still hold your preferred long term position.  Smiley

The real question is if Monero is good enough money to be the ultimate store of wealth. Always the best money will not grow big. For instance, almost any altcoin is better than btc (even LTC - the transaction confirmations are faster) but they are not good enough to replace btc.
Therefore, the coin that will replace Darkflarb as the ultimate coin has to be substantially better than XDF.

In case Darkflarb becoming the ultimate coin it means you will be earning your salary in XDF and therefore all the other projects are considered as investment (such as ETH or even BTC) with the goal of reaping larger share of XDF.

A post from today from  The MEW Thread

What is the current situation, on this pretty important topic?

Are there people actively working (structured and systematic?) on
  • solving known issues,
  • developing knowledge & insight - to be able to give qualified suggestions and recommendation on the important decisions
  • or helping by coordinating & organizing our efforts and activities
on all the upcoming questions, that are related to the huge challenge of developing a self-sustaining, healthy and active ecosystem and economy.

This will be a very, very hard work and involve very complex decision problems. (A task all altcoins failed and Bitcoin still struggles with.) And given the environment, our deviation from the crypto-currency mainstream, the great once in a lifetime opportunity during the next months of becoming a/the leading privacy-related cryptocurrency (by winning and binding users, partners and support) and naturally growing the project with (the classic) network effect, the huge history of failed P2P- or crypto (currency)-projects and other basic (project) management-related finding/observations: it is safe to say: we only have one chance at growing the community. It is something, that will have a huge impact on Moneros future and existence.

We really need good preparation, stamina, a mindset, culture & true conviction inside the community, that Monero can only succeed, if everybody helps, contributes and truly supports the idea of developing of the eco-system and economy, that is needed for the payment-system as (decentralized) P2P-network to exist & operate efficient and reaching a big enough user-base and acceptance-level, so the vision and ideas behind the project become reality. And the intended benefits & purposed improvements (based on the coins features and characteristics) will for the first time ever available to use and benefit from.
(Which will push demand, trust, image of the project and prove it's concept, use cases, significance and justifys it's necessity.)

- help with legal, long-term Monero e-business
- write a list of companies/business contacts over the next weeks, that you could ask for acceptance (write maybe 10 names and think about their potential use cases, then contact 2 or 3 of them, around the 1.0 release)
- we need legal, business cases that cant be realized without Monero
- help newbies, be friendly and open
- don't invest in stupid scams (that pop up, when a coin gains momentum, if u really, really cant help yourself ask someone knowledgeable inside the community about the person)
- tell traders, haters or misinformed persons to GTFO with their complaints/comments about price development, market cap, the next mega great ICO in 2 days
- clearly state in discussions that Monero is not about getting rich-quick or making early adopters happy
- tell people asking about price estimations and potential pumps, that they are looking at the wrong coin and the chance is low
- tell people not to buy Monero to have capital gains on investments (this just creates an unhealthy environment/estimations/feelings), better tell them, if they like the project they should support in any possible way by contributing and if they really want to buy they should research themselves for 1 or 2 months, look at other things, if they still have to much money they can buy like x00$)
- talk and represent Monero as free, open alternative solution, it's a friendly offering complement to Bitcoin (not competitor and different feature-set, different use cases),
emphasize the different code base)
- try to build business cases, infrastructure and services, that doesn't depend on external third-parties like payment providers (Bitpay etc.), its worth the effort und much better long-term, don't wait with bigger projects/ideas, because there is no payment-provider and its to risky/inconvenient this way, do other smaller projects/services instead, we cant relay on payment providers like Bitcoin does (they are create dependencies and centralization, KML/KYC bullshit, they charge expensive fees, they dont share our vision or care about our motivation project, another big problem: they will make the supported coins exchangeable and equal, by offering the same standard featureset like Bitcoin, so Monero would be just another arbitrary coin without most of its real benefits and features, making its usage useless for customers and merchants)
- i think we should friendly apply for addition in privacy-related linux distros like: Tails, Qubes, Kali, Backbox, BlackArch, etc.
- as a P2P-network, I think it is a very good idea to have partnerships with other P2P-networks to support each other and run the other service on ones own host (we could ask people/projects running nodes in TOR like Torservers.net, globaleaks.org, JohnDoe-network, Freenet, owner of Tor2Web-nodes, bitmessage, OpenBazaar etc.
- have understanding and (some) acceptance for normal people outside cryptocurrency scene, who are today doubting all cryptocurrencys and their benefits fully (they may be Monero users in 5 years later)
- from my POV it's a waste of time to discuss with stubborn & self-opinionated people about Cryptocurrency, Bitcoin or Monero, let them talk and smile IHMO
- stay open-minded and informed there are a lot of other new P2P-, Encryption-, OpSec-, Crypto-, Privacy-related projects (on the internet), that are worth checking out (there is trully a real world outside the cryptocurrency scene, heh)

Sorry for bad english and structure and redundancy, because I  sadly have no time to readup everything that happens with Monero.

americanpegasus

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 05:11:18 PM

Everyone and their mother (and probably their grandma too) knows XMR is going to at LEAST 500k in the near term. There is NO WAY this rise is comparable to last year's. There is NO WAY it will peak at the same level (for reasons others have pointed out such as volume and slope, but also fundamentals). 500k is just the near term stop, but it will happen. 8-10 days.

I am a Monero perma-bull, no doubt.  Nevertheless when everyone and their mother knows something, I start to get worried.

Account is back under control of the real AmericanPegasus.
explorer
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1259

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 05:16:14 PM

Everyone and their mother (and probably their grandma too) knows XMR is going to at LEAST 500k in the near term. There is NO WAY this rise is comparable to last year's. There is NO WAY it will peak at the same level (for reasons others have pointed out such as volume and slope, but also fundamentals). 500k is just the near term stop, but it will happen. 8-10 days.

I am a Monero perma-bull, no doubt.  Nevertheless when everyone and their mother knows something, I start to get worried.

Way to set the top lol!  A few hundred BTC pulled from the book, and its back to ho-hum for now.  The lending stack is getting quite fat.  Shorters have been far more aggressive in the past...
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 05:25:30 PM

I am a Monero perma-bull

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 05:32:34 PM

I would not in this case.
XMR is meant to be used by elderly people as well as younger generation.
I would be more worried if they were not active users of Darkflarb after x years.
Sure the growth of purchasing power is going to slow down but as there will be Monero-greedy people who are willing to work hard for Moneros, the purchasing power of Darkflarb will keep on rising.
Therefore, the more there are greed to get more XDF, the higher chances there are. There is not that much greed among piggycoin community to hoard more piggy coins, that's why not many value it.
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 05:53:37 PM

In other news, I think my comments earlier were misconstrued. Monero is literally the best money on the planet. So any other financial moves you do, wherein you hope to profit, should ideally end up with you holding more Monero than you did before.  You could try to use your financial moves to acquire more USD or Bitcoin, but these are inferior forms of money.  The fact that XMR is not especially popular yet doesn't detract from its superiority.  

The goal of any financial game is to gain more money, and make moves that allow you to gain more money than you had before.  This is why I said every move needs to be calculated in how it could impact your Monero holdings - up until a reasonable individual limit of 200k to 400k Monero, more is always better (especially at these early stages).  At this point is seems silly to try to chase more USD; I prefer to chase assets with more growth potential.  
It may very well be that Monero is the best money on the planet right now (technologically), but at one point Bitcoin was the best money on the planet. Perhaps a year from now something else will be the best money on the planet. While I won't say that Monero is a bad investment right now, I would be cautious about having as my only goal to own more monero than I did before. In fact if you bought in heavily around 0.001-0.002 it would probably be a good idea to take some profit along the way and not necessarily aim to own more monero but to get your initial investment back, and perhaps a little profit. That way you'll be better suited to invest in whatever happens to be the best money next week while also holding a stake in monero in case it turns out to be the long term winner.

I can only speak for myself, but I bought in heavily all the way down to 0.001 and has diversified during this recent uptrend. All the monero I own at this point is almost pure profit, which means that I can ride any further price increase or decrease while knowing that regardless of outcome I won't lose my initial investment. The additional benefit is to have those funds available for other investment that may come around.

What % you sell depends on your risk tolerance and initial investment. For example perhaps you sell 50% after the price doubles, then you'll have your money back and hold half of your current moneroj. I think a good way to go about it is to decide on the amount of XMR you want to own long term and then buy more, perhaps 2x what you want to own. Then you diversify as the price goes up until you have sold the exceeds, recovered your initial investment and still hold your preferred long term position.  Smiley

The real question is if Monero is good enough money to be the ultimate store of wealth. Always the best money will not grow big. For instance, almost any altcoin is better than btc (even LTC - the transaction confirmations are faster) but they are not good enough to replace btc.
Therefore, the coin that will replace Darkflarb as the ultimate coin has to be substantially better than XDF.

In case Darkflarb becoming the ultimate coin it means you will be earning your salary in XDF and therefore all the other projects are considered as investment (such as ETH or even BTC) with the goal of reaping larger share of XDF.

A post from today from  The MEW Thread

What is the current situation, on this pretty important topic?

Are there people actively working (structured and systematic?) on
  • solving known issues,
  • developing knowledge & insight - to be able to give qualified suggestions and recommendation on the important decisions
  • or helping by coordinating & organizing our efforts and activities
on all the upcoming questions, that are related to the huge challenge of developing a self-sustaining, healthy and active ecosystem and economy.

This will be a very, very hard work and involve very complex decision problems. (A task all altcoins failed and Bitcoin still struggles with.) And given the environment, our deviation from the crypto-currency mainstream, the great once in a lifetime opportunity during the next months of becoming a/the leading privacy-related cryptocurrency (by winning and binding users, partners and support) and naturally growing the project with (the classic) network effect, the huge history of failed P2P- or crypto (currency)-projects and other basic (project) management-related finding/observations: it is safe to say: we only have one chance at growing the community. It is something, that will have a huge impact on Moneros future and existence.

We really need good preparation, stamina, a mindset, culture & true conviction inside the community, that Monero can only succeed, if everybody helps, contributes and truly supports the idea of developing of the eco-system and economy, that is needed for the payment-system as (decentralized) P2P-network to exist & operate efficient and reaching a big enough user-base and acceptance-level, so the vision and ideas behind the project become reality. And the intended benefits & purposed improvements (based on the coins features and characteristics) will for the first time ever available to use and benefit from.
(Which will push demand, trust, image of the project and prove it's concept, use cases, significance and justifys it's necessity.)

- help with legal, long-term Monero e-business
- write a list of companies/business contacts over the next weeks, that you could ask for acceptance (write maybe 10 names and think about their potential use cases, then contact 2 or 3 of them, around the 1.0 release)
- we need legal, business cases that cant be realized without Monero
- help newbies, be friendly and open
- don't invest in stupid scams (that pop up, when a coin gains momentum, if u really, really cant help yourself ask someone knowledgeable inside the community about the person)
- tell traders, haters or misinformed persons to GTFO with their complaints/comments about price development, market cap, the next mega great ICO in 2 days
- clearly state in discussions that Monero is not about getting rich-quick or making early adopters happy
- tell people asking about price estimations and potential pumps, that they are looking at the wrong coin and the chance is low
- tell people not to buy Monero to have capital gains on investments (this just creates an unhealthy environment/estimations/feelings), better tell them, if they like the project they should support in any possible way by contributing and if they really want to buy they should research themselves for 1 or 2 months, look at other things, if they still have to much money they can buy like x00$)
- talk and represent Monero as free, open alternative solution, it's a friendly offering complement to Bitcoin (not competitor and different feature-set, different use cases),
emphasize the different code base)
- try to build business cases, infrastructure and services, that doesn't depend on external third-parties like payment providers (Bitpay etc.), its worth the effort und much better long-term, don't wait with bigger projects/ideas, because there is no payment-provider and its to risky/inconvenient this way, do other smaller projects/services instead, we cant relay on payment providers like Bitcoin does (they are create dependencies and centralization, KML/KYC bullshit, they charge expensive fees, they dont share our vision or care about our motivation project, another big problem: they will make the supported coins exchangeable and equal, by offering the same standard featureset like Bitcoin, so Monero would be just another arbitrary coin without most of its real benefits and features, making its usage useless for customers and merchants)
- i think we should friendly apply for addition in privacy-related linux distros like: Tails, Qubes, Kali, Backbox, BlackArch, etc.
- as a P2P-network, I think it is a very good idea to have partnerships with other P2P-networks to support each other and run the other service on ones own host (we could ask people/projects running nodes in TOR like Torservers.net, globaleaks.org, JohnDoe-network, Freenet, owner of Tor2Web-nodes, bitmessage, OpenBazaar etc.
- have understanding and (some) acceptance for normal people outside cryptocurrency scene, who are today doubting all cryptocurrencys and their benefits fully (they may be Monero users in 5 years later)
- from my POV it's a waste of time to discuss with stubborn & self-opinionated people about Cryptocurrency, Bitcoin or Monero, let them talk and smile IHMO
- stay open-minded and informed there are a lot of other new P2P-, Encryption-, OpSec-, Crypto-, Privacy-related projects (on the internet), that are worth checking out (there is trully a real world outside the cryptocurrency scene, heh)

Sorry for bad english and structure and redundancy, because I  sadly have no time to readup everything that happens with Monero.

The post was long as heck but very good in the sense of getting more real world use cases for Darkflarb.

I agree that there need to be real world use cases in order to succeed.. And innovations/innovative people need to be encouraged.
However I see one of them to be simply a store of value (which XMR has to be in the first place so that people even are willing to put a dime on it, it is basically one pretty primitive fundament of being money).

Apparently Monero is not get quick scheme, it is almost 2 years old and as far as I know nobody has got rich with XMR (unless invested tons of money when we were at 20 cent each over 1 year ago - I doubt anyone did it).
Even we have people in this thread writing that they are still underwater with their Monero purchases (those who bought around 0.005 or higher in summer 2014, if I am not mistaken, africanos in Polo bought initially in pretty heavily at high 0.005's, correct me if I am wrong).

nioc
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 07:22:40 PM

That part  is easy enough.  Every time I try, the bar just raises with my buys though, and I never amass more than I want to hodl.   Not sure where this ends.  nioc's  defective sell button seems to have infected my system.  Perhaps I can free it up by buying more.  I should just buy on margin, then I have to sell eventually  Tongue

TheKoziTwo, thank you very much for your posts.  Always great perspective.

I don't have the means to take this advice of yours.  I have built my Monero house brick by brick over the last 2 years partly by being more frugal than TC.  I have had some rough financial times.  Yet when somebody asks, "how are you?" I respond, "never better" because it's true.  Happy Thanksgiving.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYeWnbmFUhQ
ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 08:46:33 PM

As it has stated earlier in this thread the biggest resistance is on the way to 0.004-0.0045 levels as many of the bagholders are desperate to break even
. Once they have been shaken out at current levels, it is speculated the rise is smoothier since the permabulls are the only bagholders. And this bull-community will not sell their coins but rather think how they can diversify into other assets.
It has been told us by Risto earlier that we should sell a part of our stash at 2 usd each... Personally I refuse doing this. Even 20 usd is too little for me. Some diversification (or "redistribution of coins") might take place once the price hits 200+ usd each. But also at that point there are takers as well and the choir in the trollboxes are praising and singing happy songs about XMR and her bright future.

I would use a lot caution when making this of kind long term technical analysis on a fair launch POW crypto currency such as Monero. This type of analysis makes sense for stocks where price is directly linked to market capitalization but can easily fail in first years of Monero because one has to take into account the emitted coins since Monero was trading in the 0.004 - 0.005 range in the summer of 2014. To get an idea of this divergence take a look at the following chart. https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/monero/#charts. The current market cap is 3x what it was at the peak in July 2014. If we used the then price of 0.00614 and the then number of XMR to support the current market cap one would need a price of 0.0184. This would be the equivalent if Monero was a stock.

My take is that as a rough indicator one could argue that a support or resistance point from the summer of 2014 is less significant by a factor of  3.  Or to put it another way many of the "bagholders" from the summer of 2014 had many opportunities to average down, putting their average cost well below 0.003 and their positions in the black. This kind of opportunity would not have been presented itself to the same degree with a stock with a fixed number of shares.

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
TheKoziTwo
Legendary

Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 09:00:26 PM

That part  is easy enough.  Every time I try, the bar just raises with my buys though, and I never amass more than I want to hodl.   Not sure where this ends.  nioc's  defective sell button seems to have infected my system.  Perhaps I can free it up by buying more.  I should just buy on margin, then I have to sell eventually  Tongue

TheKoziTwo, thank you very much for your posts.  Always great perspective.

I don't have the means to take this advice of yours.  I have built my Monero house brick by brick over the last 2 years partly by being more frugal than TC.  I have had some rough financial times.  Yet when somebody asks, "how are you?" I respond, "never better" because it's true.  Happy Thanksgiving.

You know, what I find very sad is to hear the stories of the guys who was around here back in 2010-2012 but never seized the opportunity that was there, right in front of them. One of the best opportunities in the history of mankind. Maybe it was their nagging wife that didn't want to skip a night out in town to put a couple of hundred bucks into a silly internet money project. Maybe they had a few friends who talked them out of it. Maybe they thought it was too much work to sign up on the exchange and transfer money to a weird foreign bank. Maybe they just wanted a cool car or a new couch. Whatever the reason, they let the opportunity pass them by, and when it comes to those who really believed in bitcoin, but still let other people convince them not to buy, I find that a bit heart crushing.

When you're really excited about something, you tell people, and they naysay the shit out of you. It can be hard to stay focused and motivated. There's a quote I like, by Garret Burgwardt.

I haven't been blessed. It was through my foresight that I saw bitcoin for how valuable it was. No man helped me along, and many discouraged me.

It's not about how much you have, it's about using what you have. Think about it. Those people back in 2010-2011 could have put a $100 bucks in and held, but they didn't. They didn't need much. They just had to not let go of their dream.

What you are doing. What AP is doing. I'm a big fan of such strategy. Living a few years of your life like most people won't, so that you can live the rest of your life like most people can't. That's more than putting that $100 bucks in. That's real determination. Passion.

Back in 2012 after the bubble to $31. I was quite frankly piss poor back then. But after that bubble I had an epiphany: "Trying to trade myself more bitcoin is foolish. This could very well be the greatest bull-market in human history and here I'm trying to time the market for pennies?" After that day I was a changed man. I only bought bitcoin, never traded, and I kept buying all the way down. I quadrupled my investment during that period. It wasn't a lot, and it was all I had. But man, am I glad I never gave up that dream.

nioc
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 09:37:34 PM
Last edit: April 03, 2016, 09:50:40 PM by nioc

55k just taken off the sell side between 0.003785 and 0.004  Cool

Edit: 15+ min later 35k taken off sell side >0.004
CrowdWhale

Activity: 799

Twitter: @CrowdWhale

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 09:50:25 PM

55k just taken off the sell side between 0.003785 and 0.004  Cool

The bear whale split his order to 395, 396, 397, 398, 399, and 400k, and then removed them. I'm sure they'll be back. Whether they're actually for sale is my question. I doubt it since they're the same coins that keep getting put way up higher.
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 10:39:00 PM

The bear whale

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
Dotto
Legendary

Activity: 981
Merit: 1005

No maps for these territories

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 11:13:22 PM

That part  is easy enough.  Every time I try, the bar just raises with my buys though, and I never amass more than I want to hodl.   Not sure where this ends.  nioc's  defective sell button seems to have infected my system.  Perhaps I can free it up by buying more.  I should just buy on margin, then I have to sell eventually  Tongue

I don't have the means to take this advice of yours.  I have built my Monero house brick by brick over the last 2 years partly by being more frugal than TC.  I have had some rough financial times.  Yet when somebody asks, "how are you?" I respond, "never better" because it's true.  Happy Thanksgiving.

You know, what I find very sad is to hear the stories of the guys who was around here back in 2010-2012 but never seized the opportunity that was there, right in front of them. One of the best opportunities in the history of mankind. Maybe it was their nagging wife that didn't want to skip a night out in town to put a couple of hundred bucks into a silly internet money project. Maybe they had a few friends who talked them out of it. Maybe they thought it was too much work to sign up on the exchange and transfer money to a weird foreign bank. Maybe they just wanted a cool car or a new couch. Whatever the reason, they let the opportunity pass them by, and when it comes to those who really believed in bitcoin, but still let other people convince them not to buy, I find that a bit heart crushing.

When you're really excited about something, you tell people, and they naysay the shit out of you. It can be hard to stay focused and motivated. There's a quote I like, by Garret Burgwardt.

I haven't been blessed. It was through my foresight that I saw bitcoin for how valuable it was. No man helped me along, and many discouraged me.

It's not about how much you have, it's about using what you have. Think about it. Those people back in 2010-2011 could have put a $100 bucks in and held, but they didn't. They didn't need much. They just had to not let go of their dream.

What you are doing. What AP is doing. I'm a big fan of such strategy. Living a few years of your life like most people won't, so that you can live the rest of your life like most people can't. That's more than putting that $100 bucks in. That's real determination. Passion.

Back in 2012 after the bubble to $31. I was quite frankly piss poor back then. But after that bubble I had an epiphany: "Trying to trade myself more bitcoin is foolish. This could very well be the greatest bull-market in human history and here I'm trying to time the market for pennies?" After that day I was a changed man. I only bought bitcoin, never traded, and I kept buying all the way down. I quadrupled my investment during that period. It wasn't a lot, and it was all I had. But man, am I glad I never gave up that dream.

Gave me goosebumps. I'll remember it next time I'm thinking in selling at current prices to get a little more. Beauty in it all. Thanks for sharing.
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 11:49:00 PM

MAAM #10 Monero Ask Anything Monday

https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/4d8kdb/maam_10_monero_ask_anything_monday/

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
newb4now

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 11:54:14 PM

I like the MAAM tradition. It encourages people to ask question and learn.
americanpegasus

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 02:09:39 AM

What an amazing story.  I for sure was one of those people who heard about Bitcoin in 2011 and decided 'it would never work'.  I was lucky enough to have a cryptocurrency epiphany around the Dogecoin days and realized that not only will cryptocurrency work - it is an inevitable transition for our species.  

I have also been fortunate enough to have lived a life where I was frequently told I was wrong and mocked for following my intuition.  There's nothing better to me than to prove a small mind wrong.  I have experienced no less with Monero - many have smirked and laughed when I have passionately shared my interest in it, and thankfully a few have really taken it to heart.  

In other news, I am hammering out purchase details for one of  gingeropolous' Monerodo computers, but this will be an 'AmericanPegasus' edition!  I'm looking forward to sharing my new toy with all of you.

phishead

Activity: 1873
Merit: 840

Keep what's important, and know who's your friend

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2016, 02:22:25 AM

What an amazing story.  I for sure was one of those people who heard about Bitcoin in 2011 and decided 'it would never work'.  I was lucky enough to have a cryptocurrency epiphany around the Dogecoin days and realized that not only will cryptocurrency work - it is an inevitable transition for our species.  

I have also been fortunate enough to have lived a life where I was frequently told I was wrong and mocked for following my intuition.  There's nothing better to me than to prove a small mind wrong.  I have experienced no less with Monero - many have smirked and laughed when I have passionately shared my interest in it, and thankfully a few have really taken it to heart.  

In other news, I am hammering out purchase details for one of  gingeropolous' Monerodo computers, but this will be an 'AmericanPegasus' edition!  I'm looking forward to sharing my new toy with all of you.

Wait, you are building computers now?? This will be interesting, looking forward to see how it turns out! Care to share how you built it and what the specs are? I'm thinking about maybe embarking something like that for my own to use as my own personal monerodo (since my old Linux machine is slow as all get out).
americanpegasus

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 02:27:26 AM
Last edit: April 04, 2016, 02:40:23 AM by americanpegasus

Wait, you are building computers now?? This will be interesting, looking forward to see how it turns out! Care to share how you built it and what the specs are? I'm thinking about maybe embarking something like that for my own to use as my own personal monerodo (since my old Linux machine is slow as all get out).

No, not me; another user is proudly producing them!  You should really consider ordering one - maybe you'll see ROI, and maybe not.  But either way you will be strengthening our asset in multiple ways: hash power + new full node.  I suggested a price point of $777 (approx 500 monero equivalent) for an 'AmericanPegasus' edition and he is working out what I can get for that.  But he is selling the base model for as cheap as $300 (approx 200 Monero equivalent)

https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/4d36z6/eta_for_a_graphical_user_interface/d1nsbib

TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 03:39:27 AM

Your story reminds me the story of Warz. Perhaps you are Warz?  Wink
Pages: « 1 ... 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 [811] 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: