Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:02:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1763 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 1788 1789 1790 1791 1792 1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 1803 1804 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810 1811 1812 [1813] 1814 1815 1816 1817 1818 1819 1820 1821 1822 1823 1824 1825 1826 1827 1828 1829 1830 1831 1832 1833 1834 1835 1836 1837 1838 1839 1840 1841 1842 1843 1844 1845 1846 1847 1848 1849 1850 1851 1852 1853 1854 1855 1856 1857 1858 1859 1860 1861 1862 1863 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312363 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
prabakharras

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 02:19:43 PM

Robinhood Crypto announced today. Starts with BTC and ETH no-fee trades, but starts with market data for XMR and a few others, so expect RC to do no-fee order flow on more tickers soon-ish.

And: tighter capital controls will always be very very good for Monero.

Anyone else think that Coinbase's new competition from Robinhood Crypto may prompt them to hastily add more coins (e.g. Monero)?

They should be watching carefully.  But isn't Robinhood being rolled out in only a few US states as of now?  And they will also only trade BTC and ETH so far?

No fees from robinhood but nothing making them not charge higher premium into the coin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Nathan047

Activity: 504

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 03:41:15 PM

Take care, a phone has a lot of vulnerabilities when compared to best practices.  Use with burnable amounts.  But ya, it's an awesome app.  I've been used to using mymonero.com for such purposes, and this much easier and more convenient.  Add a hardware wallet for topping up, you are safe and versatile.  SoonTM
Actually an Android phone is probably mores secure that a Windows PC because it runs all apps in a virtual machine. Of course though there's always the risk of your phone being stolen and went through if you don't have a password or gave the password to the person who decided to go through your phone.

I'm starting a technology blog T4CH.top, check it out!
konflikkastil

Activity: 879
Merit: 10

Binance #Smart World Global Token

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 04:08:42 PM

monero is very good and continues to grow, if you still hold this coin then hold it because this will greatly benefit you, I think the future of monero will still skyrocket

SWG.io  ⁞ Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.13                                        ╖
║         〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 ◊ ICOHOLDER ⁞ 4.45 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙        ║
╙                  ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY  NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹                  ╜
devis

Activity: 98
Merit: 23

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 04:24:02 PM

I was at a crypto conference in San Fran about two weeks ago and a guy said during his talk said that XMR will be most likely be used for drug money so it's probably worth buying some hahaha. I don't know what the future price will be but I feel good about XMR.
explorer
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1259

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 09:16:41 PM

Take care, a phone has a lot of vulnerabilities when compared to best practices.  Use with burnable amounts.  But ya, it's an awesome app.  I've been used to using mymonero.com for such purposes, and this much easier and more convenient.  Add a hardware wallet for topping up, you are safe and versatile.  SoonTM
Actually an Android phone is probably mores secure that a Windows PC because it runs all apps in a virtual machine. Of course though there's always the risk of your phone being stolen and went through if you don't have a password or gave the password to the person who decided to go through your phone.

Well that goes without saying.  Windows is self described as malware, if you read the fine print.  Nowhere will you find Windows included in ''best practices'  Cheesy
Globb0
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2053

Free spirit

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 10:20:53 PM

Well that goes without saying.  Windows is self described as malware, if you read the fine print.  Nowhere will you find Windows included in ''best practices'  Cheesy

But who knows what that app you downloaded to put monkey lips on pictures of your family? you gave it file access. Maybe it will just grab any wallet . dat files etc. too.

Who can realy call any phone safe?
Red_Sanford

Activity: 322

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 02:06:15 AM

But who knows what that app you downloaded to put monkey lips on pictures of your family? you gave it file access. Maybe it will just grab any wallet . dat files etc. too.

Who can realy call any phone safe?

That's what I was thinking. This is why there are no games or such on my phone. They want access to everything. files/Pictures/contacts ...We all know about the clipboard weakness as well. I always think of my phone as being a very weak link.

TRAVELCHAIN
  Make a trip of your dreams!   
▄██▄███████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███████▄██▄
▀██▀█████████▄░░░░░░░░░▄█████████▀██▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███▄░░░░░▄███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███▀░▄███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀░▄███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
=
  SmartTravelling ecosystem 
[ Twitter ]   [ Facebook ]   [ Medium ]
▬▬▬  [ Website ]   [ Whitepaper ]  ▬▬▬
[ Instagram ]   [ Telegram ]   [ Youtube ]

aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 03:40:47 AM
Last edit: January 27, 2018, 03:54:09 AM by aminorex
Merited by explorer (1)

Pixel XL with CopperheadOS with microG is interesting now, Librem5 later.  Keep one phone as a crypto/wallet/banking/trading/2fa ghetto, with signal for comms, and a separate one for running various other apps, making calls and taking photos, whatever.  Different colors at least can help keep them straight.  It's a nice hot accessory for your cooler hardware wallet.  I find gps spoofers and orbot essential.  Mostly you need to develop habits which insure compartmentalization and protect against  exogenous linking metadata and endogenous info leakage between compartments .

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
explorer
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 03:53:30 AM

Pixel XL with CopperheadOS looks interesting now, Librem5 later.

Waiting for a Librem is an art form.  Not to worry, there's plenty of time and other models to practice with Undecided
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4884

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 09:44:26 AM

Well, Well, well...

https://www.reddit.com/r/BitcoinMarkets/comments/7smm8r/friedman_llp_website_no_longer_lists_bitfinex_as/

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 10:05:06 AM

Waiting for a Librem is an art form.  Not to worry, there's plenty of time and other models to practice with Undecided

So does Purism have Meldown and Spectre patches yet?

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
explorer
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 10:20:21 AM

Waiting for a Librem is an art form.  Not to worry, there's plenty of time and other models to practice with Undecided

https://puri.sm/posts/purism-patches-meltdown-and-spectre-variant-2-both-included-in-all-new-librem-laptops/

Unfortunately, at the moment, patching Spectre variant 2 requires applying a proprietary CPU microcode update from Intel.

Not ideal, but presumably not stopping there.
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 10:46:20 AM

Waiting for a Librem is an art form.  Not to worry, there's plenty of time and other models to practice with Undecided

https://puri.sm/posts/purism-patches-meltdown-and-spectre-variant-2-both-included-in-all-new-librem-laptops/

Unfortunately, at the moment, patching Spectre variant 2 requires applying a proprietary CPU microcode update from Intel.

Not ideal, but presumably not stopping there.

I thought the performance hit for the patches was just cpu but I guess it's really hitting random writes hard (at least on intels). Looks like all the Intel bios patches have been pulled, there have been some really bad reports from the manufacturers on those patches. I'm really looking forward to Zen2, glad I ended up having to hold off even though Zen and Zen+ are barely effected.

solias

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 03:50:57 PM

Hello! Who can intelligibly explain what pushes the price of a coin? Is it worth it to sit on the longevity, or fix the profit and exit it? Are there fundamental events in 2018?

A. Supply and demand.

B. If the estimated return distribution over time fits your goals better than any alternative allocation, you should not adjust your allocation.

C. Some expected fundamental events in 2018:  

* The everything bubble - stocks, bonds, real estate - stops inflating as China slows or (ZOMG!!) reverses US sovereign bond flows.

* Oil price rises as ROEI declines, dragging hard money prices up with it, and retarding the global productivity curve.

* Crypto correction hits BTC first, later ETH.  BTC snaps back with Lightning.  

* XMR demand rises with improvements to:

1. Ease of use (e.g. native iOS wallet, multisig in core GUI, hardware wallets);

2. access (direct USD exchange);

3. privacy (Kovri);

4. scalability (bullet proofs); and,

5. further market penetration and expanding transaction volume (Globee, DNMs).

* XMR supply drops with increasing difficulty, reduced rewards, rising reserve demand.

But the real wild card is the potential for a hyperinflation crisis in the FX majors.  This becomes much more likely if strategic polarization or nationalism break the central banking quid pro quo balance.  The Chinese bond flow news could be the first big crack in the dam, or not.

listing of COIN?
Nevermind344

Activity: 285
Merit: 3

HEROIC.com | The Future of AI-Powered Cybersecurit

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 05:06:45 PM

XMR its a one of most anonymous currencies with a scaling system and other vital features for crypto competition in 2018. Also Monero have a high block revard (0.3 XMR) that makes it profitable for miners. XMR, with no doubt, will reach 1000$-1500$ this year.

HEROIC.com | The Future of AI-Powered Cybersecurity (https://tokensale.heroic.com/)
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 05:39:48 PM

Rumour of a "merger" between Monero and Litecoin:

https://bitcoinist.com/possible-litecoin-monero-merger-steps-closer-reality/

Charlie Lee admits his ambition to work with Monero in a series of tweets he posted yesterday, claiming that Litecoin’s liquidity would be a good fit for Monero’s anonymity and fungibility.

Monero (XMR) creator Riccardo Spagni and Litecoin (LTC) creator Charlie Lee would appear to be taking tentative baby steps in potentially bringing their two coins closer. Spagni posted the following tweet yesterday, which first bandied the idea of a possible merger between the two cryptocurrencies:

"Such a productive few days, finally got to sit down with @SatoshiLite and talk about a possible merger between the Litecoin Enterprise Alliance and the Monero Enterprise Alliance, which we’d obviously call the LAMEA. #blessed #justblockchainthings"

Lee, who has professed a desire for increased anonymity in the past with regard to Litecoin,  was quick to respond in his own indomitable manner with his own series of tweets:

"Although @fluffypony was kidding here, I think it would be good for Litecoin and Monero (2 of the top non-scam coins 😄) to work together. A while back, I proposed to him that we work on making it easy for people to do on-chain atomic swaps of LTC and XMR in a decentralized way."

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 05:51:31 PM
Merited by Hueristic (1)

Charlie Lee admits his ambition to work with Monero in a series of tweets he posted yesterday, claiming that Litecoin’s liquidity would be a good fit for Monero’s anonymity and fungibility.

Monero (XMR) creator Riccardo Spagni and Litecoin (LTC) creator Charlie Lee would appear to be taking tentative baby steps in potentially bringing their two coins closer. Spagni posted the following tweet yesterday, which first bandied the idea of a possible merger between the two cryptocurrencies:

"Such a productive few days, finally got to sit down with @SatoshiLite and talk about a possible merger between the Litecoin Enterprise Alliance and the Monero Enterprise Alliance, which we’d obviously call the LAMEA. #blessed #justblockchainthings"

Lee, who has professed a desire for increased anonymity in the past with regard to Litecoin,  was quick to respond in his own indomitable manner with his own series of tweets:

"Although @fluffypony was kidding here, I think it would be good for Litecoin and Monero (2 of the top non-scam coins ) to work together. A while back, I proposed to him that we work on making it easy for people to do on-chain atomic swaps of LTC and XMR in a decentralized way."

Lol, fluffiy is a freaking master troll.  I hope someday to have a beer with him.

That said, I believe deepening the relationship between XMR and LTC would be super positive.  And for LTC to be able to claim to have performed both the first ever atomic swap AND the first ever atomic swap with a non BTC codebase crypto would be killer.  And I think the liquidity a LTC/XMR atomic connection would provide mixed with it's novelty would benefit both communities.

Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 08:01:38 PM

"Although @fluffypony was kidding here, I think it would be good for Litecoin and Monero (2 of the top non-scam coins ) to work together. A while back, I proposed to him that we work on making it easy for people to do on-chain atomic swaps of LTC and XMR in a decentralized way."

Lol, fluffiy is a freaking master troll.  I hope someday to have a beer with him.

That said, I believe deepening the relationship between XMR and LTC would be super positive.  And for LTC to be able to claim to have performed both the first ever atomic swap AND the first ever atomic swap with a non BTC codebase crypto would be killer.  And I think the liquidity a LTC/XMR atomic connection would provide mixed with it's novelty would benefit both communities.

Lol, that was a funny exchange! Decentralized LTC/XMR pair would kick some serious butt, but I though I read CT (or what was it/ shit forgot) makes xmr incompatible with atomic swaps unless the chain is locked?

equipoise

Activity: 794
Merit: 1000

Monero (XMR) - secure, private, untraceable

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 08:41:07 PM

The first ever 'atomic cross-chain transaction' was between Burst and Qora on May 17, 2015. Extremely efficient implementation was used, based on this AT Turing complete smart contracts implementation (2014, before Ethereum):

Automated Transactions (AT) is a technology created by CIYAM Developers which provides "Turing complete smart contracts" for any blockchain that implements it (http://ciyam.org/at).

Recently the AT developers produced a Crowdfund application that only requires 25 machine code steps (which is ridiculously small) and that is running on a blockchain now (the Burst blockchain). This is the most efficient Crowdfund application in existence - not only is it incredibly efficient but it is also 100% decentralised!

Although we are having troubles with getting any attention (hopefully some smart marketing people will notice this project and consider contacting us) we have already achieved "two world firsts" which we intend to follow up with more ground breaking ATs (which are under development now).

#1 - The world's first completely decentralised Lottery (i.e. no website and no central control) was launched in January 2015.

#2 - The world's first completely decentralised Crowdfunding application (i.e. no website and no central control) was launched in February 2015.

A couple of great tools for those keen to develop their own ATs can be found here (thanks to @burstcoin):

https://github.com/BurstProject/ATAssembler
https://github.com/BurstProject/ATDebugger

About me | zRMicroArray - phase 2 - Gene Expression Analysis software | [Weed Like to Talk - Bulgaria] Start a wave of cannabis seminars in Europe | Monero weighted average price stats: moneroprice.i2p
BTC: 1KoCX7TWKVGwqmmFw3CKyUSrKRSStueZar | NMC: NKhYEYpe1Le9MwHrwKsdSm5617J4toVar9 | XMR (Tip me a beer OpenAlias Monero address): tip.changetheworldwork.com
[XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency: 4AyRmUcxzefB5quumzK3HNE4zmCiGc8vhG6fE1oJpGVyVZF7fvDgSpt3MzgLfQ6Q1719xQhmfkM9Z2u NXgDMqYhjJVmc6KX
explorer
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 09:31:10 PM

"Although @fluffypony was kidding here, I think it would be good for Litecoin and Monero (2 of the top non-scam coins 😄) to work together. A while back, I proposed to him that we work on making it easy for people to do on-chain atomic swaps of LTC and XMR in a decentralized way."

Never heard of bitcoinist.com, I assume it is a subsidiary of The Onion?  Anyone who either read the tweets or knows these guys' reputations, got a good laugh, I guess.  How long before Coindesk and CNN pick this up  Cheesy
Pages: « 1 ... 1763 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 1788 1789 1790 1791 1792 1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 1803 1804 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810 1811 1812 [1813] 1814 1815 1816 1817 1818 1819 1820 1821 1822 1823 1824 1825 1826 1827 1828 1829 1830 1831 1832 1833 1834 1835 1836 1837 1838 1839 1840 1841 1842 1843 1844 1845 1846 1847 1848 1849 1850 1851 1852 1853 1854 1855 1856 1857 1858 1859 1860 1861 1862 1863 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: